Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342817 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Mountain Maze (Day 2)
« Reply #1800 on: February 28, 2014, 04:50:33 pm »

((You could just ask Karl if you're curious. He doesn't bite. :P))

Karl shrugs as he sees his companions start to clear the rockfall. "I hope there's something useful on the other side of this." he says as he studies the pile and starts moving the heavier stones that Nadarr and Symon might struggle with.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 28, 2014, 04:51:52 pm »

Nadarr looks slightly confused, but then curiosity crosses his features.

A p-p-p-p-p?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 28, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »

Nadarr looks slightly confused, but then curiosity crosses his features.

A p-p-p-p-p?

"A p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- he wouldn't fight people. He t-t-trusted in Bahamut to protect him."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 28, 2014, 04:59:39 pm »

"A pacifist. It takes a strange sort of bravery in our harsh world to put one's faith so completely in one's god. Your mentor has my respect, Symon."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 28, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

"A pacifist. It takes a strange sort of bravery in our harsh world to put one's faith so completely in one's god. Your mentor has my respect, Symon."

"Y-yes. He w-would be happy to hear t-t-that."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 28, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »

Nadarr snorts with disdain. Ay, pacifism. A most noble occupation. And what of your god, Karl? Do you not consider this "bravery" an effective form of worship? Nadarr grins insolently at the notion
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 28, 2014, 05:33:06 pm »

Symon, Karl and Nadarr attempt to dig out the rubble. (2+1+5) (11+0) (17+3) Karl moves away almost all of the rubble, beating Nadarr with Aurel's shovel and Symon with his bare hands. The rubble is cleared in about an hour and a half, making it possible to traverse without teleporting. Cromwell already popped inside the chance he got. The splatters were blood, those horrific cut marks line the place and the rubble appears to have fallen because of it. The plate bears a strange symbol that seems very familiar but different in a way. The strange object gives you a strange look as you pick up what appears to be a heavily armored finger. You then have thoughts kick in, and then you realise: the plate was off of archuther's armor, and in your hand is his finger. The symbol was on his shoulder and appeared to have been rended off, and his finger must've been sheared off when he did that. Thyra is confused at the party's horrified and shocked looks.

"I've never seen a symbol like that before. What is it? And please tell me that thing..." she points to Archuther's finger. "...Is not what I think it is..."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 28, 2014, 05:46:29 pm »

Karl gives Nadarr a cool look at his insolent grin. "Death is part of the cycle. When it is Brother Anton's time, she will guide him to his correct fate as surely as she will guide you to yours, Nadarr."

He looks around the small cavern and the devastation covering every surface. "Perhaps Archuther wasn't entirely taken by the shadows when he disappeared? There appears to be an immense battle here."

Karl looks around the cavern for more clues as to what happened. Is it reasonable that all the blood spatter was from one person, or did Archuther get into a fight?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

Look at the finger in disgust

We didn't just do all that digging for a finger, he says with annoyance. At least we now know Archuther is still at large...

Check the entire cavern for anything missed.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 28, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »

Karl gives Nadarr a cool look at his insolent grin. "Death is part of the cycle. When it is Brother Anton's time, she will guide him to his correct fate as surely as she will guide you to yours, Nadarr."

He looks around the small cavern and the devastation covering every surface. "Perhaps Archuther wasn't entirely taken by the shadows when he disappeared? There appears to be an immense battle here."

Karl looks around the cavern for more clues as to what happened. Is it reasonable that all the blood spatter was from one person, or did Archuther get into a fight?
(19+4) You find evidence that there was indeed someone else here, other then Archuther, and the metal pieces in the blood suggest the blood came from Archuther when he rended his armor. There are no other blood trails, but it appears the tracks of the other run deeper into the cave... You also notice the tracks come back around and come out of the other cave to the left and run straight down the middle path. The tracks are roughly human sized but a little smaller, more broad. You guess either a very fat teenage human or a dwarf. You assume the latter, given the amount of dead dwarves here.

Look at the finger in disgust

We didn't just do all that digging for a finger, he says with annoyance. At least we now know Archuther is still at large...

Check the entire cavern for anything missed.
You go inside the cave after lighting it up every now and then. Karl tells you of the tracks and you follow them. The path seems to dip under at a good slope. (FUMBLE) You fail to keep your balance as you walk towards the ledge and you slide down, taking (2) damage from the fall. Nothing is broken, but when you turn around and try climbing back up, the slope is too steep to be traversed without a climbers kit. Even with the 100ft of rope, there is nothing to attach it to. You call out.

(?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (FUMBLE) No one hears you shouting for them, and somehow, Thyra covers her ears and lets out a yelp as her ears ring from something. Nadarr is stuck down the slope without a way up... And the best part? You can only fly 5ft off of the ground, and the slope goes up 15ft. If only you could fly higher... You'll have to do an athletics check or find another way up... Or wait until they hear you.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 28, 2014, 06:07:55 pm »

Investigate the place I'm in while shouting out for help.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 28, 2014, 06:13:59 pm »

Investigate the place I'm in while shouting out for help.
Thyra gets back up but takes a -5 to perception checks to hear you. As you go deeper, the harder it gets to hear you. (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) No one hears you. You go deeper and deeper in, and the party (?) dosen't realise you're gone. You travel for about five minutes, seeing blood trails and other signs of the 3" wide gaps along the way. Another five minutes pass (?) the party now starts to take notice. You see a light and go towards it. You hear voices shouting something...

Everyone but Nadarr:
You all start to look for Nadarr, and some think its hopeless. Within seconds of giving up the search...

Nadarr:
You walk out into the light and see everyone staring at you. Apparently they just started to realise you were gone.

"Where have you been?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 28, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

"Find any more of those tracks from in this cave?"

((The dice love making Karl strangely competent at all sorts of things.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 28, 2014, 06:19:20 pm »

I went to explore the back of the cave. There's a slope I don't suggest going down, and then the tunnel twists back this way. I would have come back, but I was unable to.

Explain to Karl about the tracks and walls.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

"It sounds like there was a running battle through these caverns. I'm guessing whoever was fighting was facing Archuther, and didn't fare well. The shadows, if Grot was any indication, took all the corpses. Perhaps we already faced them in the form of the shadow dwarves that accompanied Bouchart."
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 344