Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340630 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition)
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2013, 12:16:48 am »

Nod slowly, eyes hidden under the hood, making sure face is unseeable

"How much time do we have to prepare?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:32:05 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2013, 02:24:16 am »

Given they disappeared into the mountains, rather than into their guild house, will the Shadow Thieves care overly much what happens to this particular thief? Does he have any known associates or other help with him? Also, while I understand your master would be... annoyed, if anything should happen to his horse and cart, your fine for the horse alone would pay for two or three good mounts.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2013, 07:48:41 am »

"Gentlemen,i propose we make haste towards the location at once.Time is money"

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:29 am »

Nod slowly, eyes hidden under the hood, making sure face is unseeable

"How much time do we have to prepare?"
"You have, after tonight, two days. That gives you four runs ((ten day weeks)) for the whole job.

Given they disappeared into the mountains, rather than into their guild house, will the Shadow Thieves care overly much what happens to this particular thief? Does he have any known associates or other help with him? Also, while I understand your master would be... annoyed, if anything should happen to his horse and cart, your fine for the horse alone would pay for two or three good mounts.
"From what I know, the Shadow Thieves branded him a freelance traitor. You'd be doing them a service if you... Disposed of him. He must have worked with... Something, because the heirloom was in a well guarded room. They also left no bodies, so we don't know if they live or not, but we assume the worst from the bloodstains. And my master's horse and cart are not necessary, so if you wish to get mounts with that money, go ahead, but good luck finding someone willing to sell one for their usual price here. The fine is precautionary, just as you'd probably end up forcing someone to pay if they broke that nice long sword you carry..." He grins a little bit after this statement
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2013, 10:59:15 am »

"If,i may make a suggestion,i could attempt to infiltrate the Shadow Thieves.Maybe your...master would be interested in such a...service ?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:49 am »

"I have heard enough. Let's go."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »

Stare with piercing contempt at Olon

"One second, good Symon. Calm yourself, we need not hurry. Olon, I know you say we will all wish to do this, and that may be the case, but what would happen were we to refuse? Would you use force to ensure your master's will is done?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2013, 01:48:58 pm »

"If,i may make a suggestion,i could attempt to infiltrate the Shadow Thieves.Maybe your...master would be interested in such a...service ?"
"If you want to get yourself killed, go ahead. My master won't be pleased or displeased if you do. Its your death wish."

Stare with piercing contempt at Olon

"One second, good Symon. Calm yourself, we need not hurry. Olon, I know you say we will all wish to do this, and that may be the case, but what would happen were we to refuse? Would you use force to ensure your master's will is done?
"You of all people would know better then to refuse, Dragonborn. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and refusing would be such a dishonor and shame for your... "Kind"..." He laughs a little bit.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »

Stare wide eyed at Olon. Give him a long, unfaltering look, conveying a barely restrained anger. Crack knuckles and say:

"Try to threaten me once more, and you shall not forget it easily, Olon. I shall tear out your entrails and give them to your master in a box!"
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2013, 01:59:24 pm »

Turns and looks towards the empty tavern door, inhaling lightly the drunken odor that filled the air.

"I think I've had enough of this tavern for one month. Calm yourself, Dragonborn. This is not the time to be arguing. Do tell me one thing though, Olon. I think it would be in your best benefit to notify us of the name of your master, as to reduce the chance of some of us doing something very stupid"

looks at the dragonborn

"and ensure our continued support."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:01:53 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 02:03:11 pm »

Stare wide eyed at Olon. Give him a long, unfaltering look, conveying a barely restrained anger. Crack knuckles and say:

"Try to threaten me once more, and you shall not forget it easily, Olon. I shall tear out your entrails and give them to your master in a box!"
(?) In a heartbeat, he grabs you with his right arm, which appears to be mechanical, by your throat, pulls out a hand crossbow that seemed to come out of nowhere and has it aimed right at your head. It appears to have bright static emanating from the bolt.

"Try me Nadarr. I won't hesitate to kill you where you stand." His grip tightens around your neck, choking you as you feel his cold metal grip dig into your flesh.

Turns and looks towards the empty tavern door, inhaling lightly the drunken odor that filled the air.

"I think I've had enough of this tavern for one month. Calm yourself, Dragonborn. This is not the time to be arguing. Do tell me one thing though, Olon. I think it would be in your best benefit to notify us of the name of your master, as to reduce the chance of some of us doing something very stupid"

looks at the dragonborn

"and ensure our continued support."
"As I said, my master's name is not important as of now. Maybe if you finish the job, with or without this... Dog... We may have you meet him in person."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »

Laughs as much as possible with throat caught. Once finished, grin at him, baring teeth, and say:

"A man of action...I like that, Olon. You have a spine of steel. Now release me, or find how easily a Dragonborn can bend metal"
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 02:11:31 pm »

"I see. I had hoped we would be able to calm the situation but I see that is not likely anymore. I shall take my leave. And here's a word of advice for you, Olon. This "dog" is necessary for the success of this mission. Do not ask me of more. I shall depart from the south gate tomorrow in the morning. If anybody wishes to join me, he is free to do so."

Start striding out the tavern, crimson cloak close behind heels, boots echoing in the now quiet and stunned pub.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »

I hesitate for several moments before following Aurel.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2013, 02:18:46 pm »

"Could we not devolve in mindless slaughter just yet ?There is profit to be made.I,Gonzou as a gentleman,cannot allow such chaos to befall our mission.Now if you will excuse me"
Silently follow Aurel

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 344