Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341607 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3705 on: June 10, 2014, 12:20:09 am »

Perception check on the surroundings and anything that can help us get a move on.

"Well this is just fantastic. I was expecting a kingly reception, not some dilapidated ruins."

(12+9) You notice at the other side of the river is some pitons with destroyed rope attached to it. Its not only knocked over and uprooted a bit, but damaged as well. Another look into the river and you see another piton at the bottom of the river. You also notice a sunken dead tree in the river that appears to have been there for ages, as algae have blanketed it, but it appeared long enough to extend the length of the river until it snapped in half. You swear after looking, the sky just suddenly changed to a darker shade of grey. It feels like sundown or even during the last minutes of light, but you swear sundown wasn't happening for another few hours. Lightning dances across the air as thunder crashes in the distance.

Karl glances around at the corpse mounds all around them. "I expected the ruins myself, but I agree with Thyra, this looks like a battlefield."

Look at the trees nearby' are there enough that are long enough and strong enough to form a rough bridge for us on foot?

"Oh, I expect the necromancers eon't disappoint you when they discover we're here."

There are definitely trees tall enough to cross, as well as some thick enough to walk with horses, but not the cart. Sturdy enough is a different question though, since all the wood looks dead and rotted.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:45 am »

"We could always just swim."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 10, 2014, 07:03:26 am »

And leave the horses behind? Have ourselves wet and cold outside? Be separated by the current? I think not, fool.

Can Cromwell...or whatever that is....teleport that far? We could toss him some rope and some chain, if there is not enough rope. We could at least walk across then, and see if there is some way to get the cart across from the other side. If there isn't...well, we may have to leave them here.

If Cromwell-thing can't teleport that far, we can use a lasso and hook it around a support or a tree by throwing it. Either way, I don't think we want to be here when that storm comes...the last storm we had saw me nearly die. I can still taste the accursed mud.

Nadarr looks for anything that may help in getting across. If he sees nothing, he then looks for objects long enough to span the river.

((Perception check! Don't forget my headband!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 10, 2014, 08:06:17 am »

"Geee, I always thought that dragonborn could just fly over things. I guess you must be of a different sort. Are you that scared of a bit of current? Can you even swim with those faulty wings?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: June 10, 2014, 10:16:01 am »

"Geee, I always thought that dragonborn could just fly over things. I guess you must be of a different sort. Are you that scared of a bit of current? Can you even swim with those faulty wings?"
(( both statements are true. Cromwell can teleport across and Nadarr can fly across. I do need an athletics check from both at the end since you'll be right on the edge))

(?) You see what Karl and Alexander see. Knowing Nadarr's strength, he couldn't possibly carry you all across

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: June 10, 2014, 11:35:03 am »

Nadarr's face twists in scorn, and he speaks as he hands an end of rope to Karl.

Not all Dragonborn can fly, you earthbound human. Karl, keep a good grip on that rope. Not all can fly, but this one can!

So saying, he leaps off the edge and starts flying as soon as needed, but not before. (For extra distance)

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: June 10, 2014, 11:39:25 am »

Nadarr's face twists in scorn, and he speaks as he hands an end of rope to Karl.

Not all Dragonborn can fly, you earthbound human. Karl, keep a good grip on that rope. Not all can fly, but this one can!

So saying, he leaps off the edge and starts flying as soon as needed, but not before. (For extra distance)
You fly across holding the rope in hand. You try and land! (15+1) You have a hard time keeping your balence by landing at the edge, but you manage to hold your ground

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46:06 am »

Karl braces himself as he wraps the rope firmly in his hands and looks if there are any rocks handy to use as an anchor on this side.

"I'd prefer to stay out of the water, myself. Swimming in plate is pretty hard, and I'd rather not drown this close to the fortress."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: June 10, 2014, 12:11:04 pm »

Steadying himself on the other end, Nadarr shouts across to Weston:

Send Nimue along the river, Weston! There may be another way across that will suit the cart. In case there isn't, I'll form a rough bridge of rope for us here. Still, it would be foolish not to check. Before that, though, could you ask her to take this rope across?

Nadarr ties his end to the nearest tree, and tells Karl to do the same with his end. Assuming that the rope will have enough room, of course. Then tie another rope to the tree above the other one, far enough apart to serve as a handrail. Then hold up the untied end for Nimue. He then mutters about damn well hoping the bird can bear the rope.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: June 10, 2014, 12:57:57 pm »

Steadying himself on the other end, Nadarr shouts across to Weston:

Send Nimue along the river, Weston! There may be another way across that will suit the cart. In case there isn't, I'll form a rough bridge of rope for us here. Still, it would be foolish not to check. Before that, though, could you ask her to take this rope across?

Nadarr ties his end to the nearest tree, and tells Karl to do the same with his end. Assuming that the rope will have enough room, of course. Then tie another rope to the tree above the other one, far enough apart to serve as a handrail. Then hold up the untied end for Nimue. He then mutters about damn well hoping the bird can bear the rope.

the only thing clsoe enough that could be like that is the gate itself (3 squares south of where you are, 3 squares wide with thick handlebars on each side)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: June 10, 2014, 01:03:00 pm »

((Is the tree not sturdy enough?))

Nadarr checks to see if the tree can hold the weight of Karl, the heaviest, coming across by himself.

((Or did you misunderstand? I'm not looking for a handlebar, I'm making two rope lines, one to grab onto with hands and another to walk on, one above the other.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: June 10, 2014, 01:05:52 pm »

Karl will look for the sturdiest tree opposite Nadarr to anchor the ropes on this side of the river.

"If Nimue can't find a better crossing for the wagons nearby, keeping them and our mounts on this side of the river isn't the worst of ideas. It's not like we could take them underground with us anyway."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »

((Is the tree not sturdy enough?))

Nadarr checks to see if the tree can hold the weight of Karl, the heaviest, coming across by himself.

((Or did you misunderstand? I'm not looking for a handlebar, I'm making two rope lines, one to grab onto with hands and another to walk on, one above the other.))
You find another tree off the given map and tie off the rope. Karl finds another tree not far from it (about 2 square diagonal) and ties it off. They dobth seem sturdy enough. Nadarr tries to cross himself and does fine. Karl tries to cross and feels the rope bend under his weight. You're going to need something stronger for Karl to cross, unless you can do something about his platemail.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: June 10, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

Nadarr empties his Bag of water, then holds it out for Karl to put his plate in.

Here. I'll give it back on the other side.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: June 10, 2014, 01:46:17 pm »

Nadarr empties his Bag of water, then holds it out for Karl to put his plate in.

Here. I'll give it back on the other side.

You dump the muddy water into the clean river. It turns an ugly brown and then back to clean blue. The torrent disturbed the water and debris enough to reveal more bones in the water. Thyra gets more and more agitated. Thunder roars as lightning flies across the sky.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 344