Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341538 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3735 on: June 11, 2014, 01:52:23 pm »

Move Action: Two left.
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Z18.
Major Action: Overwhelming Strike on Z18. On hit shift a square down.

You move two squares to the left and swing your flail at the corpse! (11+10) You hit, dealing (13+13+6) damage! Small chunks of flesh fly off as you bludgeon the creature and force him into your old spot.

Zombie10 climbs up the wall with his decayed, boney hands.

Zombie15 attacks Nadarr! He latches onto Nadarr!

Zombie7 climbs out of the water!

You all hear clanking as machinery starts working on the door. You don't know if its Cromwell or something he's doing, but its making a lot of noise! You hear the faint sound of cursing in dwarven on the other side of the gate.

Zombie2 moves into the water and stumbles in, taking fall damage but it keeps moving up to the river bank!

Zombie5 shambles through the bottom of the river and climbs out!

Cromwell continues to fiddle with the gate's complicated lock.

"Don't let them get to me or this will take longer!" He shouts with two different voices at once

Zombie8 shambles out of the river and onto your side of the river!

Zombie4 crawls out of the river! A deep sense of overwhelming is coming over the party!

Zombie11 moves up and attacks Karl! Its claws only scratch your armor.

Zombie16 attempts to grab Karl! (CRIT) You're definitely grabbed by the undead creature! Take a -2 penalty to save from being grabbed!

Zombie19 attacks Nadarr! It just misses you, despite the other Zombie holding you down!

Zombie12 moves up and attack Karl! It doesn't even scratch you armor this time!

Alexander begins his turn ((Good luck!))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »

Activate Sunblade to it's full potential!

Move Action: Above Nadarr.
Minor Action: Ruffling Sting on Z15
Standard Action: Twin Strike on Z15
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:15:45 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: June 11, 2014, 02:24:06 pm »

Activate Sunblade to it's full potential!

Move Action: Above Nadarr.
Minor Action: Ruffling Sting on Z15
Standard Action: Twin Strike on Z15

You turn on your sword! It now does radiant damage! You move up and use ruffling sting! (16+10) you hit, dealing (7+5) radiant damage! The wound festers with bright light as the undead moans in pain! You use twin strike! (15+10) (4+10) You hit both times, dealing (8+1) and (9+1) radiant damage! Zombie15 lets go of Nadarr and collapses!

Karl begins his turn!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 11, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »

((Hmm. Who feels like taking on all the zombies by making a chokepoint inside the entrance when it opens? I think we have a fair number of AoE capabilities.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: June 11, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »

((Or just shut the gate. By the time we come out again, even if it is this way, I'm gonna guess we'll be much stronger))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:25 pm »

((Hey, Highmax, what's your feeling on symbols? I've seen it both ways that they need to be held, or that as long as I'm wearing one, I can make use of implement powers.

((Minor: Channel Divinity - Turn Undead
  Minor: Since I didn't specify, draw the Ancestral Longsword
  Standard: Holy Strike on Z16 if it's still alive and in range. If either of those is false, Holy Strike on the weakest-looking zombie that's in range. If none of those are true, use the standard as a movement to the square NW of Cromwell.))

Karl feels the power of his faith flow from him into the symbol Alexander had tossed to him. He never even had a chance to see what faith it had belong to - by the time he raised it into the rotting face of the dead man in front of him, it bore the symbol of the Raven Queen in silver on ebony.

"Back! Back into the abyss of death! In the name of the Raven Queen, trouble us NO MORE!" Karl roars as his faith burns into the nearest zombies.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: June 11, 2014, 06:03:21 pm »

((Hey, Highmax, what's your feeling on symbols? I've seen it both ways that they need to be held, or that as long as I'm wearing one, I can make use of implement powers.

((Minor: Channel Divinity - Turn Undead
  Minor: Since I didn't specify, draw the Ancestral Longsword
  Standard: Holy Strike on Z16 if it's still alive and in range. If either of those is false, Holy Strike on the weakest-looking zombie that's in range. If none of those are true, use the standard as a movement to the square NW of Cromwell.))

Karl feels the power of his faith flow from him into the symbol Alexander had tossed to him. He never even had a chance to see what faith it had belong to - by the time he raised it into the rotting face of the dead man in front of him, it bore the symbol of the Raven Queen in silver on ebony.

"Back! Back into the abyss of death! In the name of the Raven Queen, trouble us NO MORE!" Karl roars as his faith burns into the nearest zombies.
((There's a special slot for them, but if you grab it I'll let you use it that way. Remember you have a symbol of Mortality which also has benefits for fighting undead. You can only use one at a time though. So right now, you're equipped with the holy symbol of turning

Also, I'm going to assume everyone has their weapons/implements drawn except Cromwell who's fiddling with the lock. If said undead lives, I'm going to challenge it for you, if that's alright))

Zombies 11/12/18/16/17 are all under the effects of Turn Undead! (10+4) (19+4) (9+4) (19+4) (12+4) You hit all of them, dealing (7+3) damage, pushing them all away 6 squares, tumbling them back into the water! They each take (5) extra force damage from hitting the water! They're all immobolized save ends! You challenge Z18 since he isn't getting to you any time soon and is the weakest. You use your move action (turn undead is a standard) to move to Cromwell!

Zombie3 moves into the water, taking damage as he tumbles into the water!

Zombie14 moves up to Alexander! It fails to grab him!

Zombies 17/18 cannot move and end their turn. Only zombie18 succeeds the saving throw.

Weston begins his turn!

((Just a reminder Karl, your Symbol of Mortality does an extra 1d10 on a crit against undead when you implement through it. Also, its daily power does an extra 1d4 or 1d8 against undead))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: June 11, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »

((Then it's rather simple, no? Use mortality when you're against a fixed number of undead and use turning in cases such as this where we need them to not swarm us over and are too many.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: June 11, 2014, 11:51:16 pm »

((They're a little too spread out for me to AoE them easily, so...))
Move to the square to the left of Cromwell!
Blast Z19 with Chaos Bolt! Pray for many bounces!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: June 12, 2014, 12:43:33 am »

((They're a little too spread out for me to AoE them easily, so...))
Move to the square to the left of Cromwell!
Blast Z19 with Chaos Bolt! Pray for many bounces!

((If you bounce on at least half of them before you fall back or die, I will, very carefully, sneakily and fitting for the storyline, give you an artifact. I'm not saying what, but don't be surprised if its something I come up with myself))

You cast chaos bolt on Zombie19! (CRIT) Your prayers are heard and you bounce after dealing (10+7+4) psychic damage! The zombie's frail body breaks apart as the bolt bounces to Zombie14! (12+7) you bounce again and hit him, dealing (6+1) damage! It bounces to Zombie8! (2+7) You hit again, dealing (1+1) damage and bouncing again ((oh god...)). (10+7) You hit Zombie10 for (5+1) damage! It bounces towards Zombie4! (12+7) you hit again, dealing (3+1) damage! It bounces towards Zombie3! (4+7) You hit again, dealing (2+1) damage! (12+7) You hit Zombie13, dealing (3+1) damage! You grin as your luck changes when you needed it most! (2+7) You hit again, dealing (5+1) damage to Zombie2! (6+7) You hit for the 9th time, dealing (5+1) damage to Zombie5! (18+7) You hit for the tenth time, dealing (2+1) damage to Zombie7! ((Wow, I just lost that bet...)) You land another (CRIT) as you obliterate the body of Zombie16! (3+7) The bolt FINALLY ends as you hit Zombie17 and deal (6+1) damage!

Zombie1 shambles and stumbles into the water. It continues to stumble about in the water as if reaches the other side of the river!

Zombie6 shambles out of the water!

Zombie13 attacks Symon! It hits, dealing (6) damage! Symon starts to not feel so good as the zombie's claws slash deep into his flesh! Symon now takes a -2 to all attack rolls, ability checks and skill checks!

More zombies arrive on the battlefield! They're carrying clubs and they look more bulkier and hungrier then the others!

Symon begins his turn again! The wound looks disgusting and festering. You pray to Bahamut its not like that vampire bite.

((I will keep my promise, and you will get an artifact as soon as I can throw it in Weston))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: June 12, 2014, 12:52:38 am »

((...I just did 89 total damage with a 1st level At-Will power :o ))

Weston cackled with glee as he unleashed his most successful spell yet!
"Truly, Avandra shows us her favor! Keep it up lads, show these undead beasts what we can do!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: June 12, 2014, 01:12:42 am »

((...I just did 89 total damage with a 1st level At-Will power :o ))

Weston cackled with glee as he unleashed his most successful spell yet!
"Truly, Avandra shows us her favor! Keep it up lads, show these undead beasts what we can do!"

((Well done, Sirus. Well done.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: June 12, 2014, 01:39:05 am »

((Nice! Now do it again!  And congrats on your upcoming artifact. =)

On the symbol - The only problem is, I have a total of zero Implement powers. I'll eventually get one, but the main draw of the Symbol of Turning was that I could actually use it while burning an ability I was rarely taking advantage of. Fair enough that it was a standard action, I wasn't sure since it used my Channel Divinity, and both of mine are minor actions.))

"Fall back and hell protect Cromwell, Symon!" Karl calls out, concerned that the avenger will dive into the zombies swarming towards them instead.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:16:59 am by Hanzoku »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: June 13, 2014, 11:02:41 am »

"Fall back and hell protect Cromwell, Symon!" Karl calls out, concerned that the avenger will dive into the zombies swarming towards them instead.

((It's almost as if Karl knows what Symon likes to do. :P))

Major Action: Overwhelming Strike on Z13. Shift a square down and to the right.
Move Action: Shift another square down so he's on the right side of Karl.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: June 13, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »

((It's almost as if Karl knows what Symon likes to do. :P))

Major Action: Overwhelming Strike on Z13. Shift a square down and to the right.
Move Action: Shift another square down so he's on the right side of Karl.

You swing your flail at Zombie13! (13+10) You hit, dealing (3+6+6) damage and shift him towards the gate. You then move right behind Cromwell and next to Karl.

((I had a feeling Symon wanted to charge in and Karl would be the big brother and say "F*** THAT! GET OVER HERE BEFORE YOU TRIP AND HURT YOURSELF!"))

Zombie10 moves up and tries to grab Alexander! He latches onto him!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie1 bolts through the river, taking a bit of damage and charges out of the water! It swings it club and bashes Alexander across the face as the other zombie holds him in place! Alexander takes (13) damage!

Zombie7 moves up and tries to grab Karl! He fails to do so with the bulk of Karl's body size including his armor!

More cursing in dwarven is heard as more machinery works despite Cromwell not doing much to make it move.  You hear a lock open as something unlatches, but the door still doesn't budge. You hear someone shouting a victory "YES!" over that sound as more machinery works. The voice sounds familiar...

Zombie2 moves out of the water and attacks Alexander! He hits, dealing (8) damage! You also start to feel sick as you take -2 to attack rolls, skill checks and ability checks.

Zombie5 tries to grab Karl! This one manages to latch onto you!

Cromwell fumbles at the lock still. You hear a loud click as something unhinges. The door still remains closed.

Zombie8 moves up and attacks Alexander! He hits, dealing (7) damage!

Zombie4 moves up and attacks Nadarr! He latches onto Nadarr!

Zombie11 stays still as he's still immobolized by Karl's turn undead. He saves from it at the end of his turn.

Flesh-Crazed Zombie2 charges at Symon after taking a bit of damage falling into the river! He misses with his club!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie3 moves south and charges Nadarr! He hits, dealing (16) damage! Nadarr is now bloodied!

Zombie12 twiddles its thumbs as it tries to save from immobolizing. It succeeds

Alexander begins his turn! ((Oh dear lord...))

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 344