Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341604 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3690 on: June 09, 2014, 12:49:16 pm »

ZzzzZzzZZZZzzzZz
((Pm coming your way later today also))

((Oh boy, making me regret posting that and stuff xD.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: June 09, 2014, 01:15:19 pm »

((Hey, you're the only one who doesn't drink. Feel honored that you don't pass out drunk for 3 days like Nadarr did))
You head back to your room and after some Nightly prayers, you fall asleep. You have strange dreams as the night goes on though ((Pm headed your way later today, I gotta leave soon))

((Symon drinks, just not to excess. This is the fantasy middle ages after all, so you can't trust the water too much.))
((True

ZzzzZzzZZZZzzzZz
((Pm coming your way later today also))

((Oh boy, making me regret posting that and stuff xD.))

There's a reason people said in a horror writer. It's dreams mostly for both of you))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: June 09, 2014, 01:22:41 pm »

((Karl is leary of drinking after that wine incident, but the same as Symon really - he normally wouldn't drink to excess, and especially not around this crowd.))

Karl makes his way upstairs and spends several hours in prayer after the events surrounding Aurel's return, mind and soul deeply troubled by what has occured. Finally, he falls asleep, hoping to find dreamless respite.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 09, 2014, 01:34:57 pm »

((Nadarr gets drunk when he's troubled, no much otherwise.

Fun fact: The people least likely to get Cholera in Medieval times were the brewers.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 09, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »

((What? Somebody said alcohol? Bring it on!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: June 09, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »

((Karl is leary of drinking after that wine incident, but the same as Symon really - he normally wouldn't drink to excess, and especially not around this crowd.))

Karl makes his way upstairs and spends several hours in prayer after the events surrounding Aurel's return, mind and soul deeply troubled by what has occured. Finally, he falls asleep, hoping to find dreamless respite.
((I realised that you're the last one up save Cromwell. Sorry!))
As you pray, you hear noises down the hall. You open the door to investigate and are met with a ghost right in front of your face! You jump at the sight and the spirit points to the end of the Corridor where a still possessed but smiling Cromwell stands. He now has a nice looking silk mantle on, and as you look at his hands, you notice he has a small flask in his hand that has something coming from it like smoke. You then scuffle as the spirit takes your hood and jams it over your head. You then see Cromwell is gone after your hood is pulled back. He may be possessed, but he's still the same old Cromwell... And still a crazy a**hole. You retire to your prayers again and as you finish them, you hear the soft voice of a woman like a whisper into your ear.

"Do not fear what lies ahead. Sleep tonight, my child, and tomorrow you will be the sword in my hand against the undead. But know when flee to fight another day, for you are worthless to me in death. Now sleep, my child..."

You feel awfully tired and start to rest.

Night passes, and everyone awakes and meets up downstairs before sunrise. It is roughly 5:30am. You grab your gear and prepare for the last stretch of journey you have left before you hit the fortress. Everyone is either excited or nervous. Even Cromwell, who now dons his new gear, looks eager to get going. You set off into the early autumn morning. Morning dew wets everything but feels great after a rather warm night at the inn. There's a low fog as the sun rises, burning the sky and the air around you. You realise it is now the last you will feel this heat and warmth as the fall comes and all things start to fade into the deathly cold of winter.

It takes you longer then you hoped to get to the fortress, taking an entire run. The leaves are already falling, and as you get closer, a consistent lack of life is seen. The sun seems to shine through grey clouds, and rain and storms seem more frequent. Even a light snowfall at one point when the weather got too cold. It is now the late afternoon, roughly 3 hours until sundown, of day 24. As you get closer, a consistency of bones and corpses as well as charred earth are seen. You assume some dwarves or other races have tried burning the dead. Charred corpses far from the pile reveals that it was to no avail. (?) To make matters worse, a storm starts to roll in and everyone is getting wet. You can see the river and a bridge that is completely destroyed off to the distance. There are dead trees surrounding the place... As well as a ridiculous amount of corpses. You assume for every thirty foot square, there are about five to twenty corpses of random races, most of them still decaying, others are completely skeletal. You see that the mountain rises into a mound after the bridge and a large gate is set inside the mountain after a series of fallen and crumbled walls. You guess that this place must have been largely impressive on the outside from the ruins you see here.

You get close to the bridge and find the entire bridge is actually gone, save for the supports at both ends. Its also a 10ft drop into the river which is 25ft across. Every one of you, despite how courageous you are, all feel that it isn't safe staying out here. Thyra is the most agitated, actually fidgeting as she has her bow in hand and almost whimpering in fear.

"I... I have never seen so many corpses... I have killed and I have seen death, but... This... This is like walking on the aftermath of a war...

You realize that in order to keep the cart and horses, you'll have to make a bridge across the river. You will also have to find a way to get the gate open, which from this side of the river, is closed and appears to be very old and rusty. You all dismount and tether your horses off to the hilltop for now so you can do your work right now. Elthia stays behind and guards both carts. Thunder cracks the sky and you swear you heard something faint in the distance, but everyone dismisses it as a bird or something. Especially how looking into the sky, you see ravens circle the air. They do not come down though, which is strange. The river is the only sound you hear now, rushing by as you ponder on how to cross.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((No need for initiative order right now, so post whatever idea you have. Brown is dead trees, light blue is river (obviously). There are more trees outside of the map (you count ~13-15 trees within 30 squares)))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: June 09, 2014, 10:37:46 pm »

((I think I missed something. Who is Elthia?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:36 pm »

((I think I missed something. Who is Elthia?))
((Nadarr's kruthik))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 09, 2014, 10:40:06 pm »

((Got it.))

Weston sends Nimue to fly across the ravine and look for clues or mechanisms on the other side.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: June 09, 2014, 10:53:29 pm »

((Got it.))

Weston sends Nimue to fly across the ravine and look for clues or mechanisms on the other side.

Nimue sees mechanisms for the gate, but they're too high up and lead inside. It also appears they're rusted and damaged slightly. Although they do seem to have been used recently with the freshly pulled up moss that was there no more then a day or two ago.

The bridge, with a quick look as Nimue returns, sees the bridge must've collapsed on itself or it was broken in such a way that it broke both sides and caused the middle to cave in on itself. You can see the debris, but it's not high enough to walk across, let alone be able to climb out of the soaked edges of the river. Thunder cracks to remind you of the storm incoming. You look off to the distance and see the rain pouring a few miles down. Thyra guesses it will arrive within the hour, as the wind starts to pick up.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:22 pm »

Perception check on the surroundings and anything that can help us get a move on.

"Well this is just fantastic. I was expecting a kingly reception, not some dilapidated ruins."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 09, 2014, 11:46:42 pm »

"Why on earth would you expect that? If I remember correctly, the entire purpose of this expedition is because this place has become a dilapidated ruin."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: June 09, 2014, 11:51:49 pm »

"Well we did get a visit twice by your friend to prepare for the reception so I assumed that there would be one. Ya know. Trumpets made out of bones, a carpet of corpses and horses which are actually those behemoth things we fought. What a sight that would make."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 09, 2014, 11:55:09 pm »

Karl glances around at the corpse mounds all around them. "I expected the ruins myself, but I agree with Thyra, this looks like a battlefield."

Look at the trees nearby' are there enough that are long enough and strong enough to form a rough bridge for us on foot?

"Oh, I expect the necromancers eon't disappoint you when they discover we're here."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: June 09, 2014, 11:58:11 pm »

"This is an outrage! I was told there would be a parade! Drinks, undead women if you're into that sorta thing and dances all night long! The manager will hear of this!"
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 344