Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: | BogClasps |: ☼Fistful of Carp☼ [Succession Fortress][Players Wanted]  (Read 7184 times)

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: | BogClasps |: What have we done...? [Succession Fortress][Players Wanted]
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »

Can I be signed up?  :o
Added your turn to the list. Would you also like a spot on the dwarf list also? Just name your preferred profession and whatnot. :D

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »

Okay, WoobMonkey asked me to move back up in the position list, and my computer issues are fixed, so if everyone's fine with it I'll take my turn now.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 06:50:16 pm »

Okay, WoobMonkey asked me to move back up in the position list, and my computer issues are fixed, so if everyone's fine with it I'll take my turn now.

In, to confirm this.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »

In, to confirm this.

Alright. Fixed the OP, glad you could continue. :)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »

Diary of Maskwolf, master woodworker
Well, Sumyunguy decided to ask me to take over today.  Not sure what the point of it was, but he insisted, so I agreed.  Said something about "wanting to get back to his roots" or some such nonsense.  Well, there's a dwaven caravan here, but we have nothing to trade with them, so I leave them alone.  My first act is to order the expansion of the farms: we'll need the crops to survive in this haunted place.  I've also ordered a modest tomb carved out for myself, in order to commemorate my time here.  Who says being an overseer doesn't have perks?  Anyway, I've also ordered the bedrooms smoothed in preparation for engraving and more emergency doors put in place.  At least Sumyunguy knew what he was doing with our defenses.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 10:58:30 pm »

Spring has arrived, and with it a change in the crop cycle and more digging on the natural farming area.  This fortress will soon be one of the proudest in the land, despite our humble beginnings.  I have decided to take up stone detailing, as we only have two logs left and I'd rather save them for when we need them.  The coffin and statues have been placed in my tomb, to guard me in the eternal afterlife.
On another note, we have found small deposits of sand.  If we ever find any coal, this will be great for glass making.  As is, it's worthless.
Migrants?  Here?  In this Armok forsaken place?  Well, at least all of them got in safely.  Now they just can't get out again.  Sucks to be you all, I guess.  It brings our population up to 50 exactly, not sure what we are going to do with them all.  The weaponsmith introduced himself to me as Melkor, the leader of the group, and said that they were sent here by the mountainhomes to boost our numbers.  While I appreciate the sentiment, there's only so much food we can produce here, and all these migrants will make it run out that much faster.  The architect, Jasina, took one look at the fortress and started pointing out things that needed improving.  I told him to shut up and go work the fields, I didn't need him arguing with my decisions.  This one will be trouble, I fear.
And now the elves are here.  Great.  I'll just kill them all, honestly.  No point keeping them alive.  I hate elves, and may this be a lesson to all of them.
In my great mercy, I have allowed the elves to live, on the condition that they give up all of their goods to us.  They agreed, and so we took everything we have.
The elves have left.  Sumyunguy has begun muttering about things and is running for the craftsdwarf's workshop, I wonder what's wrong...
Sweet Armok, they found us.  The ravens invaded the fortress, and two dwarfs were lost.  Both of them were rangers who, after the initial defeat of the ravens, decided to go explore the surface.  All the other dwarfs got inside, fortunately.  One dwarf may yet die of his injuries, but I am trying to get him a source of water to drink from.
Oh, and Sumyunguy created a random craft.  He doesn't seem to have learned anything, though.

Jasina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 01:56:58 pm »

Can I be signed up?  :o
Added your turn to the list. Would you also like a spot on the dwarf list also? Just name your preferred profession and whatnot. :D
Can I have my own dwarf too? If yes I would prefer male hunter. ;)

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 05:14:35 pm »

I believe 4maskwolf has already dwarfed you but you have the profession of architect/farmer. I don't want to seem rude, but being a hunter in this fort is a good way to get swarmed by zombies. This is due to the fact that hunters always try to hunt at the most inopportune times.(ie: Seige, Necromancer, other fun stuff...) :P

But, if you insist, I can try to get it replaced.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:17:18 pm by Sumyunguy »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

Oh, and Rhyme was quietly dwarfed as well.  And we have a bunch of hunters, but none of them are allowed to hunt due to reanimation.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 08:14:40 pm »

Summer is here, and with it... more migrants.  Great.  Get inside before anyone does anything stupid.  That means you, hunter.
And it also brings humans.  And our newly elected mayor has been whining about not having rooms, so I'm making him the best rooms available.  He'd better like them.  They're just below the dining hall.
I stole all of the goods the humans had.  Also, one of the dwarfs died when a dog died and reanimated before its corpse could be dumped down the pit.  Unfortunately, his corpse had to be dumped to, but he will be memorialized in the hall of memories, as all great dwarfs will be.  He died fighting, like a true dwarf.  Truly, the gods must honor his spirit.
A brave pump operator succumbed to infection today.  Despite horrible injuries, he clung to life, only to be struck down by the foulest of all fates.  He will be missed.
And more migrants.  This just keeps getting better and better.
I have also assigned myself to be captain of the guard.  I have ordered a modest abode dug out for myself.  In the future,  hope to serve our mayor faithfully and truly, for what the nobility says is the will of Armok himself.  I have administered a beating to one of the criminals, but I take no joy in it: it was an unfortunate necessity due to the prison not being set up.  In the future, I hope to avoid such necessities.  The dwarf lived, with only mild injuries to his body.
One of the children was taken by a mood today.  No doubt it will be something utterly worthless.
Yep, wooden toy axe.  Almost tempted to administer a beating.  Almost.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 11:16:49 pm »

Okay, short update, the caravan arrived and we bought a couple weapons and all their wood and metal.

Jasina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 01:47:49 am »

I believe 4maskwolf has already dwarfed you but you have the profession of architect/farmer. I don't want to seem rude, but being a hunter in this fort is a good way to get swarmed by zombies. This is due to the fact that hunters always try to hunt at the most inopportune times.(ie: Seige, Necromancer, other fun stuff...) :P

But, if you insist, I can try to get it replaced.

Oh I didn't noticed that I was dwarfed. It's ok, farmer/architect is just fine. ;)
And that is why all my hunters are on military. They are not trying to hunt when we are under sidge. ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:36:52 pm by Jasina »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 11:28:22 pm »

Yeah, I would, but crossbow bolts don't do near a damn thing against the undead.  At least there aren't any husks.

celticwarriorhero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:47 am »

Can I be dorfed?? Just call him 'celt' or something I guess.
Any profession will do, preferably someone who can wield a sword.

Urist McAxedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 10:26:09 am »

I'd love a turn and a dorf please. I would love to be Jamandu, any military melee type preferably with a useless pet but obviously if it does not work out I'm not going to moan. :) Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6