Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142572 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #570 on: December 19, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »

You guys all had/have roles. I'm literally role-less

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

So who is your scum pick for today?

I don't know. Everybody I suspected is either dead or have strongly shown themselves to be non-scum.

With the available roles we could probably win mechanically from here on out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 19, 2013, 06:35:45 pm »

I wouldn't out him as a dopp while I was dopp-aligned though.

I figured that, it was a hand-wavey example of how it might go.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 19, 2013, 06:43:16 pm »

First of, how do people feel about a massclaim? Since half of us have already claimed, my thought is that we might as well do it.

Sounds good to me as pretty much everyone has claimed by now and the cop is out. I doubt it will be that useful but you never know.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2013, 07:21:38 pm »

pretty much everyone has claimed by now

Who hasn't claimed by now? Toaster...

Caz: vanilla Town
Jim: Mind Stealer
Persus: Observant Guard Town
Tiruin: Heroic Guard Town
SBC: vanilla Town
me: Detective Town
ToonyMan: Psychic Warden Town
Toaster: ?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 19, 2013, 08:13:03 pm »

This is quite the power madness game...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 19, 2013, 08:19:03 pm »

The Whiteboard
Superblackcat: Persus13
Tiruin: Caz, makeinu, ToonyMan, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

This is quite the power madness game...

Welcome to Paranormal.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2013, 09:10:51 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2013, 09:16:39 pm »

Toaster, Toony: What's your take on Jim claiming the RangerCado kill?
He most likely did it.

I'll role-block Toaster tonight if Tiruin isn't the last dopp.  Our guards can protect me and Makeinu.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 19, 2013, 09:18:35 pm »

Toaster, Toony: What's your take on Jim claiming the RangerCado kill?
He most likely did it.

I'll role-block Toaster tonight if Tiruin isn't the last dopp.  Our guards can protect me and Makeinu.
it's me and Tiruin that are the guards. What's your case on Tiruin?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 19, 2013, 09:22:18 pm »

It's really procession of elimination.  I'll have a better opinion after Tiruin posts.  But I don't see myself ever voting Caz, Jim, or Makeinu again.

Although if one of us could figure out a way to confirm everybody with our roles would be nice.  I don't think anybody disagrees that Makeinu and I are the best protect targets?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 19, 2013, 10:53:50 pm »

Well, since everyone else has, I'll join the club.

I am the Agent.

N1 I inspected Caz.  That was a waste.
N2 I inspect Persus.  He came back Human.

The lack of Dopp last night is very odd.  Caz as scum would explain that*, but there's one thing that keeps Caz as strong town- Jim.  If Caz was indeed dopp, all Jim had to do was mind steal anyone else, get the town wincon, and rat out Caz today.  Game over, town and Jim win.

*No dopp kill because there's no one around to perform it

So let's look at the list.

Jim Groovester:  Almost certainly town due to the Caz situation.
Toaster:  Me.  I know I'm town, but that doesn't really help the rest of you.
Superblackcat:  No strong read here.
Persus13:  Inspected as human.
Caz:  Probably town due to above.
Tiruin:  No strong read here.
ToonyMan:  Claim called out Imp.
makeinu:  DarkStar's actions point to him as nondopp, plus was the deciding vote against Imp.  If he's a dopp, he's a damn mastermind who deserves an Oscar.

That narrows down my suspect list to this:

Superblackcat
Tiruin

And a small side of

Persus (Dopp Leader?)
Toony (Could have fakeclaimed?  Really not liking this one, but I say it's more likely than any of the others.)

So I propose this.  Today we lynch one of Tiruin or Superblackcat.  Tonight I inspect the other and Makeinu rolecops Persus, to check him for Dopp Leader status.  Persus (and Tiruin if she's not lynched) guard me or Makeinu.  Toony blocks SBC if he's not lynched.  If he is, he flips a coin and blocks Tiruin on heads, Caz on tails.  (I doubt Caz is scum, but if he's vanilla it doesn't hurt anything anyway- and it verifies his role, since all we have is the word of a Dopp right now.)  Jim stays home.

That offs one of Tiruin or SBC, cops the other, and doublechecks the info on Persus.

If that doesn't give any useful info, we circle around and try again tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 19, 2013, 11:43:26 pm »

Hey, look! Wine!

Superblackcat: are you a Survivor?

The majority of votes ride on Tiruin already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but winning with your side (Town/scum) here does not necessarily require surviving, right?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 19, 2013, 11:45:33 pm »

Jim stays home?

But Mind Stealing is a roleblock + infallible role inspect + infallible alignment inspect + role eraser + wincon adoption. It's probably the most potent role in here right now.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55