Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142598 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #555 on: December 19, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »

Oh then that means Jim has a town wincon now?  Either that or Jim and Caz are both dopps now.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 19, 2013, 04:43:37 pm »

First of, how do people feel about a massclaim? Since half of us have already claimed, my thought is that we might as well do it.

Secondly. No Dopp kill again? What does that mean? It could mean that Caz was the third scum team member. It could also mean dopp didn't kill to cause confusion. Is anyone else concerned by this?

Thirdly, last night I protected Toony, as I considered him a good target for scum.

Makeinu: WHo did you inspect last night?

Superblackcat: What were the reasons for your vote on me yesterday? Why did you completely ignore Imp yesterday?

There were plenty voting Imp, I was going for the partner.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 19, 2013, 04:47:00 pm »

Secondly. No Dopp kill again? What does that mean? It could mean that Caz was the third scum team member. It could also mean dopp didn't kill to cause confusion. Is anyone else concerned by this?

Thirdly, last night I protected Toony, as I considered him a good target for scum.

Maybe there was no kill as you protected Toony. He is pretty much 100% clear for his claim and the subsequent lynch on Imp, so it's not hard to believe scum would target him.
Well, if scum tried to kill Toony, I'd be dead.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2013, 04:47:38 pm »

Jim:  Are you indeed a mind stealer?  Did you munch on Caz and his tasty brain?

Yes. The quotes makeinu posted about my reasons are from me verbatim. Caz is town.

Didn't Makeinu claim that you said Caz was a heroic guard though?

I did but I lied.

I had a shiny Assassin Bot I could use, so I claimed a non-threatening role abduction in case makeinu decided to start blabbing all my secrets away, which he did, so that I wouldn't get blocked using it.

Oh then that means Jim has a town wincon now?  Either that or Jim and Caz are both dopps now.

If Caz was a dopp I'd be telling you that Caz was a dopp, because they are not going to win this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »

Yes, that's why I'm concerned by the lack of scumkill. If there had been a dopp kill, it would have meant Jim and Caz were town. Lack of one opens up the possibility that they were scum.

If Caz was a dopp I'd be telling you that Caz was a dopp, because they are not going to win this game.
I thought you'd get the same wincon as the person you abducted.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:08 pm »

Interesting.

Caz:  Did you attempt to use your bot N1?  If so, on whom?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2013, 04:55:31 pm »

I do. Caz was a town Military Scientist. During Day 2 and Night 2 I was also a town Military Scientist. Now I'm just town-aligned.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

Interesting.

Caz:  Did you attempt to use your bot N1?  If so, on whom?

Nah, I didn't target anyone.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2013, 05:09:11 pm »

PPE: and here I was thinking aloud about the Assassin Bot and Jim goes and confirms it. And then why he used it instead. Stop that!

Know what's funny? If you'd said "Mad Scientist with Assassin Bot", I'd have been far less confused by the random role allocations.

Yes, that's why I'm concerned by the lack of scumkill. If there had been a dopp kill, it would have meant Jim and Caz were town. Lack of one opens up the possibility that they were scum.

WIFOM.

He's a Mind Stealer. He could have targeted anyone fairly well known last night to be Town after outing Caz, and there'd be no more dopp wincon. Ergo, he's truth telling.

Tiruin confirmed to me last night she knew RangerCado's role. She claimed also to be in contact with Persus, and claimed was protecting me (Jim or me, she said, but Jim claimed Heroic Guard, and I am "the cop" in her words). I'm not dead, obviously, so either she protected me as Town, or to spread WIFOM, said that and then didn't kill me as cover.

There's only three choices for the last dopp, as I see it:

1) Superblackcat
2) Toaster
3) Tiruin

1) I took a read on Superblackcat last night, and got no information of note, meaning he has no role. That doesn't rule out human or dopp necessarily. Comes across as scummy but not scum to me, and some of that is residual still from Max White on D1.

2) Toaster doesn't have a scum read to me. That's just a hunch, so take it for what it's worth, but if he's hiding, he's doing a damn good job of it.

3) Tiruin still has the highest scum read on my part. Sorry, meta here, but we did just finish Sprint, and you almost had me completely snowed there. And I'm seeing similar play patterns that I don't know are your normal meta or not.

I'm half ready to vote now. But there are lingering questions that float at the back of my mind. Here's one...

Jim, I know the answer, but I want to hear you say it: why'd you target RangerCado?

PPE again:

I do. Caz was a town Military Scientist. During Day 2 and Night 2 I was also a town Military Scientist. Now I'm just town-aligned.

He's wondering why you'd bus on Caz as a dopp.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »

I'd have been far less confused by the random role allocations.
Why were you so confused on that? Multiple guards being rolled doesn't decrease the chance another will be rollled.

WIFOM.
I fail to see how this is WIFOM. I fail to see how Jim and Caz could be anything but town if there was no scum kill last night.

He's a Mind Stealer. He could have targeted anyone fairly well known last night to be Town after outing Caz, and there'd be no more dopp wincon. Ergo, he's truth telling.
I fail to understand your point.

Tiruin confirmed to me last night she knew RangerCado's role. She claimed also to be in contact with Persus, and claimed was protecting me (Jim or me, she said, but Jim claimed Heroic Guard, and I am "the cop" in her words). I'm not dead, obviously, so either she protected me as Town, or to spread WIFOM, said that and then didn't kill me as cover.
I'd like to confirm that I talked with Tiruin via PM. She knew I protected Toony and she told me she would protect Makeinu.

There's only three choices for the last dopp, as I see it:

1) Superblackcat
2) Toaster
3) Tiruin
I'd disagree with your list. Jim and Caz can still be scum. I doubt they are, but we can't be absolutely certain they're town.

1) I took a read on Superblackcat last night, and got no information of note, meaning he has no role. That doesn't rule out human or dopp necessarily. Comes across as scummy but not scum to me, and some of that is residual still from Max White on D1.
Max being scummy should not be a negative factor in your assessment of SBC.

2) Toaster doesn't have a scum read to me. That's just a hunch, so take it for what it's worth, but if he's hiding, he's doing a damn good job of it.
Agreed

3) Tiruin still has the highest scum read on my part. Sorry, meta here, but we did just finish Sprint, and you almost had me completely snowed there. And I'm seeing similar play patterns that I don't know are your normal meta or not.
I'm pretty sure what you've seen are normal for Tiruin.

SBC: What's your role, given Makeinu's claimed inspect?
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 19, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

I'd have been far less confused by the random role allocations.
Why were you so confused on that? Multiple guards being rolled doesn't decrease the chance another will be rollled.

Because I'm not used to that type of setup for a game. I've seen weird setups before, so rarely am I surprised for long, but I've never played a game where the roles are completely randomly determined. Thus, three Guards, two Heroic, seemed odd to me

WIFOM.
I fail to see how this is WIFOM. I fail to see how Jim and Caz could be anything but town if there was no scum kill last night.

Because I believe Jim when he says that he sided Town by choice because the dopps aren't going to win this one. We scored two dopp lynches and no dopp kills in two day/night cycles. I've never seen that happen before. That's what the point of this is:

I fail to understand your point.

"Hey guys, Caz was actually a dopp and we can't pull off the win, so I Mind Stealed from makeinu and I'm Town now, let's finish this off."

Would he play that way? I don't know, but that's what he's saying.

1) Superblackcat
2) Toaster
3) Tiruin
I'd disagree with your list. Jim and Caz can still be scum. I doubt they are, but we can't be absolutely certain they're town.[/quote]

So you don't actually disagree with the list, just would add to it. Technically.

Max being scummy should not be a negative factor in your assessment of SBC.

Shouldn't be, but that's how the primitive part of the brain works, then, isn't it? Trumping logic with feelings?

I'm pretty sure what you've seen are normal for Tiruin.

Fair enough. Still doesn't push her down my list, I'm afraid, sorry to Tiruin, until and/or unless new info comes out today.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 19, 2013, 05:46:47 pm »

Because I can pick a wincon and the dopps are a sinking ship.

I wouldn't out him as a dopp while I was dopp-aligned though.

Jim, I know the answer, but I want to hear you say it: why'd you target RangerCado?

Because I thought he was scum.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2013, 05:53:02 pm »

Because I can pick a wincon and the dopps are a sinking ship.

I wouldn't out him as a dopp while I was dopp-aligned though.
Oh, I was under the impression you could only mind Steal once. That decreases the possibility of you two being scum.

So who is your scum pick for today?

Toaster, Toony: What's your take on Jim claiming the RangerCado kill?
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 19, 2013, 06:00:00 pm »

Man, you guys suck, I am the only fucking townie?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 19, 2013, 06:17:33 pm »

Man, you guys suck, I am the only fucking townie?

?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55