Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142967 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2013, 09:17:40 am »

@Persus:
Persus13 - seems pretty sure Imp is scum as well, and I have to agree there, their starting post for D2 is really fishy though (don't do this)
I still don't understand that post is fishy.
Maybe it's become a Bay12 thing, but generally back-patting and celebrating a mafia lynch looks really bad (do it after the game when we win!)

@Makeinu:
That's a nice list, ToonyMan, but I still want an answer to this question:
I'm still curious what your defense would have been without laying a role claim, especially one of such magnitude.
Oh yeah, uh, If I didn't have this nice nugget of information (like if I was a cop who inspected a dead guy) then I would probably be screwed.  Genuine scum-hunting is fine and all, but with such a short time and a lot of suspicion on Sinlessmoon I don't think I would be able to take the heat off without some hard proof.  That's why I'm sort of surprised Sinless would lurk through the day.  In the end, you would probably see me desperately struggling to pull something out of my ass.

I admit I would probably end up role-claiming regardless.  But it would have probably been a non-verifiable one.  If Imp says she wasn't blocked then she is lying.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2013, 12:08:06 pm »

The Whiteboard
Imp: makeinu, Persus13, ToonyMan
Jim Groovester: RangerCado
Persus13: Toaster
ToonyMan: Jim Groovester

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There is 1 vote to Extend the day to Wednesday. 3 votes total needed to Extend.

@zombie urist: Thanks. Since the day can't go past Wednesday, I guess we'll leave Imp in charge of herself for the moment unless someone else can jump in (or you think you can find the time to play a bit the next few days). Otherwise, we can have you replace in for her assuming she is not lynched today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 17, 2013, 03:11:09 pm »

Extend.

One thing I should point out about Imp.

At the end of the Day 1, the vote was tied until Imp cast the third vote against TheDarkStar. I think this makes her an unlikely candidate for a dopp, unless she likes breaking ties to bus her scumbuddies. It's possible, but I don't see it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:34 pm »

Extend.

Will post more later.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 17, 2013, 04:24:41 pm »

Toony:
@RangerCado:
Toonyman: [/b]Although I see no reason to not believe your claim of blocking someone, whos to say there aren't other ability blocking roles currently in play? So if Imp were to flip town, what would you do then?
It's certainly possible Imp is town, but I find it more possible she's a dopp.  They seem to be replacing out though...

Given the reasonable odds that the Caz disappearance could be responsible for the lack of kill, is this block lynchworthy?  Do you have any other evidence against her?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 17, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. There will be no more extensions this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 17, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

Toony:
@RangerCado:
Toonyman: [/b]Although I see no reason to not believe your claim of blocking someone, whos to say there aren't other ability blocking roles currently in play? So if Imp were to flip town, what would you do then?
It's certainly possible Imp is town, but I find it more possible she's a dopp.  They seem to be replacing out though...
Given the reasonable odds that the Caz disappearance could be responsible for the lack of kill, is this block lynchworthy?  Do you have any other evidence against her?
If Caz was actually vote-able I would definitely consider it, but instead of holding back I'm convinced it would have to be Imp if not Caz.  I don't have any evidence against Caz and I've skimmed over Day 1, Imp's behavior did not look town.

At the end of the Day 1, the vote was tied until Imp cast the third vote against TheDarkStar. I think this makes her an unlikely candidate for a dopp, unless she likes breaking ties to bus her scumbuddies. It's possible, but I don't see it.
Hmmm I didn't know that.  Sinless was the only lynch candidate today though so if Imp wasn't under suspect I would be the candidate for hanging (since Caz isn't here).  In fact, if I didn't replace I don't think Sinless would be alive anymore.  I don't have too many other leads besides being generally suspicious of Tiruin and RangerCado's defending of Imp.

Should make that accusatory:

@RangerCado:
Why do you think Imp is town?  They're going to get lynched if nothing changes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 17, 2013, 06:01:55 pm »

Hey all.  I have no time to catch up on the thread or quote anything.  Throwing this fast and running back to work, which is in shambles.

I confirm I was blocked last night and put to sleep.  I think that means a psychic warden did it.

I don't have time to go and pull quotes about unanswered questions.  Persus answered one with a 'doesn't matter' end of D1, Jim with a no jokes allowed cartoon D1 and others in the S6 game, which only means that Jim tends not to answer my questions, and Toaster didn't answer several/answered them with jokes that didn't actually answer the questions.

If there's other questions for me, I can't even get time to read them right now.  I'm not sure if we've had all extends for today or not, so extend if it's useful.  Sorry to drop the ball on this game, but my hands are tied irl and I don't have the time to do anything more right now.  Or soon.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 17, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »

Jim: Hate crime is probably exaggerating, but insulting people by saying they have illnesses, mocking them, and just plain being a rude person in game REALLY gets on my nerves. And alright, your reasons are different. But why wouldn't he then give us a post under threat of replacement? To me, he was just a player abandoning without saying so as he did post elsewhere. So why continue the vote if nothing would come of it?

Toonyman:
...I'm defending Imp? I'm calling him town? Where exactly are you seeing this as I have never claimed him to be town. I asked you what you would do if she did flip town, which you actually didn't answer did you? So, where am I defending Imp and calling her Town, and please actually answer the question about what you will do if Imp flipped town.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 17, 2013, 08:32:06 pm »

Jim: Hate crime is probably exaggerating, but insulting people by saying they have illnesses, mocking them, and just plain being a rude person in game REALLY gets on my nerves.

I don't care, deal with it, world's tiniest violin, world's saddest song, etc. etc.

Have you tried sparring back? It's a lot more interesting than complaining about how I'm being a really big meanie.

And alright, your reasons are different. But why wouldn't he then give us a post under threat of replacement? To me, he was just a player abandoning without saying so as he did post elsewhere. So why continue the vote if nothing would come of it?

Threat of lynch is a greater motivator than threat of replacement to anyone who isn't a complete non-player. He said he didn't want replacement during the night; therefore, it's not illogical to assume he'd be aware enough or care enough about the game that a vote cast against him might catch his attention.

If you're wondering why I decided to keep it there as it became more and more certain that Sinlessmoon was a non-player, I was committed to making him talk, lynching him, or seeing him replaced.

Anyways, I think I will unvote ToonyMan now. I don't like the claim but since Imp decided to try riding Sinlessmoon's ass about his activity, it doesn't completely surprise me that he would choose Imp. Persus13 is making me suspicious because of bandwagoning and bad reasons for his votes.

Tiruin, how come you haven't voted anybody yet?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 17, 2013, 08:42:40 pm »

I don't have time to go and pull quotes about unanswered questions.  Persus answered one with a 'doesn't matter' end of D1, Jim with a no jokes allowed cartoon D1 and others in the S6 game, which only means that Jim tends not to answer my questions, and Toaster didn't answer several/answered them with jokes that didn't actually answer the questions.
I'm fully aware Jim didn't answer a question, but so far I've failed to see a question Toaster has failed to answer.

As for me:
why are you saying you didn't notice Meph's extend count?  You bothered to trim it out of your quote, so you had to see it when you made this post to me today, right?'
It doesn't matter. I was concerned about activity. I noticed the extend.
How is this not a valid answer to your question. I pointed out that I noticed the extend, that you seemed to think I had failed to do, and it didn't matter to the point I was making and why.

I'd like to throw something out ot everyone.
PFP 90 minutes to day end.

Compromise vote time.  Max White, TheDarkStar, and Toaster are tied for first place.  I can compromise to Dark or Max.  TheDarkStar's my second Scum pick.  I'll be watching votes as best as work allows in case a tie reappears or other votes are placed.  If work slows down enough I'll be able to answer and ask before day end.
That do you all think of this post. Would Imp bus her scummy looking teammate D1 and be the one to get him lynched?
I think the answer to this is a no, and I think I will Unvote, given that Imp has answered one of my questions and I'm doubting the fact that she's scum.

@Persus:
Persus13 - seems pretty sure Imp is scum as well, and I have to agree there, their starting post for D2 is really fishy though (don't do this)
I still don't understand that post is fishy.
Maybe it's become a Bay12 thing, but generally back-patting and celebrating a mafia lynch looks really bad (do it after the game when we win!)
Okay, thanks, I'll keep that in mind for when I'm scum.

PPE:
Anyways, I think I will unvote ToonyMan now. I don't like the claim but since Imp decided to try riding Sinlessmoon's ass about his activity, it doesn't completely surprise me that he would choose Imp. Persus13 is making me suspicious because of bandwagoning and bad reasons for his votes.
I fail to see how voting Imp was bandwagoning, since I was voting her and scumhunting her prior to Sinlessmoon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 17, 2013, 09:21:23 pm »

Hey Jim, since I've decided against Imp for the present, and Caz isn't here, it's your turn to be questioned.

In any case, there was a proper response and you blew it. The proper response was any response that sufficiently convinced me that you were unrattled by my rather obvious insinuation. Sadly you did not give me that impression.
So what is the proper response? Does this instantly mean that someone is scum if they refuse to be rattled?

If you had said that you weren't a dopp to begin with without trying to explain it too much I probably would've looked elsewhere.
Isn't claiming that your town supposed to be a bad thing?

Sinless

. . .

Makeinu

Why are you bothering with FoSing people when you're not voting anybody? Why not just vote one of them? Hell, Sinlessmoon is literally the safest vote in the game right now, why FoS him at all?
What's your problem with people not voting at the beginning of days?

I HATE JOKES

I AM THE FUNQUISITION

Your question was: what's the purpose of these jokes?

I dunno, maybe they were jokes.

Wasn't this obvious?

I fail to see what questions I haven't answered.
I believe Imp was referring to this:
Jim:
This will affect how I perceive and treat these players, so it's not a useless fluff question like the words I would use to describe my play style.

Jim:  Arrr.  Be ye a swarthy enough pirate to see us out of this mess?
Aye. Be ye a seaworthy enough sailor to smoothly sail to safety?

I see I'm not the only one who got a 'bad enough dude' vibe from the day opening post.

Explain which side of the fluff-line Toaster's question, your answer to it, and your answering question each falls on?  If these are not fluffy to you, what is the useful purpose you see these serving?

Jim:
This will affect how I perceive and treat these players, so it's not a useless fluff question like the words I would use to describe my play style.

I see I'm not the only one who got a 'bad enough dude' vibe from the day opening post.

So,

You're not voting Sinlessmoon because your vote would do nothing, even though you said you suspected him.

You're voting me because my vote on Sinlessmoon is doing nothing, except if I suspect him, which I do, and also I should be voting you instead because Sinlessmoon is a lurker and therefore I have less reason to suspect him.

You're still trying to get a read on makeinu.

The trap is that Sinlessmoon is a safe vote that is inherently ineffective, except if you suspect Sinlessmoon. Except that you said you suspected him, so it wouldn't be a trap.

And the reason I was more worth a vote than either of the two players you initially FoSed is because...?

That I had to make this summary is stupid.
Your summary isn't working. I don't understand it.

The correct response is to be completely unfazed by my insinuations.
How is this the correct response? I would fail to see how this helps you discover scum.

Finally, you've seen me as scum since you watched the BM Sprint game. Did you think I was scum, and did I ever bandwagon someone?

So what happened to your case on RangerCado anyway? You said you were leaning scum on him and then stopped talking about him. Was it because no one else voted him?

As for your vote on me, I find it ironic that you've accused me of bandwagoning given that is what you are doing. I'm being voted by two other people (Tiruin and Toaster). Until Toaster voted me you gave no indications that you found me scummy, and now you're voting me for bandwagoning. I've given clear indications of whom I have thought scummy, and I fail to see how voting someone who I have cited as scummy to me before on multiple occasions is "bandwagoning".
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:47 pm »

Meph: I believe Tiruin is currently voting me.
Persus

EBWOP:

Hey Jim, since I've decided against Imp for the present, and Caz isn't here, it's your turn to be questioned.

In any case, there was a proper response and you blew it. The proper response was any response that sufficiently convinced me that you were unrattled by my rather obvious insinuation. Sadly you did not give me that impression.
So what is the proper response? Does this instantly mean that someone is scum if they refuse to be rattled?

If you had said that you weren't a dopp to begin with without trying to explain it too much I probably would've looked elsewhere.
Isn't claiming that your town supposed to be a bad thing?

Sinless

. . .

Makeinu

Why are you bothering with FoSing people when you're not voting anybody? Why not just vote one of them? Hell, Sinlessmoon is literally the safest vote in the game right now, why FoS him at all?
What's your problem with people not voting at the beginning of days?

I HATE JOKES

I AM THE FUNQUISITION

Your question was: what's the purpose of these jokes?

I dunno, maybe they were jokes.

Wasn't this obvious?

I fail to see what questions I haven't answered.
I believe Imp was referring to this:
Jim:

Explain which side of the fluff-line Toaster's question, your answer to it, and your answering question each falls on?  If these are not fluffy to you, what is the useful purpose you see these serving?

So,

You're not voting Sinlessmoon because your vote would do nothing, even though you said you suspected him.

You're voting me because my vote on Sinlessmoon is doing nothing, except if I suspect him, which I do, and also I should be voting you instead because Sinlessmoon is a lurker and therefore I have less reason to suspect him.

You're still trying to get a read on makeinu.

The trap is that Sinlessmoon is a safe vote that is inherently ineffective, except if you suspect Sinlessmoon. Except that you said you suspected him, so it wouldn't be a trap.

And the reason I was more worth a vote than either of the two players you initially FoSed is because...?

That I had to make this summary is stupid.
Your summary isn't working. I don't understand it.

The correct response is to be completely unfazed by my insinuations.
How is this the correct response? I would fail to see how this helps you discover scum.

Finally, you've seen me as scum since you watched the BM Sprint game. Did you think I was scum, and did I ever bandwagon someone?

So what happened to your case on RangerCado anyway? You said you were leaning scum on him and then stopped talking about him. Was it because no one else voted him?

As for your vote on me, I find it ironic that you've accused me of bandwagoning given that is what you are doing. I'm being voted by two other people (Tiruin and Toaster). Until Toaster voted me you gave no indications that you found me scummy, and now you're voting me for bandwagoning. I've given clear indications of whom I have thought scummy, and I fail to see how voting someone who I have cited as scummy to me before on multiple occasions is "bandwagoning".

Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 17, 2013, 09:33:07 pm »

PFP

I'm blind and argh self-organization. Wasted time sleeping. :/
Jim
Tiruin, how come you haven't voted anybody yet?
Eh? I'm voting Persus.
*checks back*
...It wasn't listed in any of Meph's votecounts..and I didn't see it that he didn't see it.
Noted.

Also PS: I really doubt Imp is scum because of what I did yesterday night. Granted, it doesn't confirm your action Toony so here's me being vague, but not useless.
I'm a heroic guard and I saw nothin' or nobody targetin' Imp. I'm "claiming" because I believe nobody would believe me [well, ok, some would, but given the notion of a roving protector, I'd just like to relish this one note of WIFOM'ing scum] and yet I'd assuredly want to plop in the tiniest piece of information relevant to my role.

Yes this is in tiny text and in paragraph form. You're free to believe me or not.

Anyway, my full reasons are - while Imp's posts are neutral-leaning in essence, her actions near the end of D1 including how I rationalize Imp's playstyle (and how she would be scum on what Toony says) equals a negative.

Though I've to note, Toony is suspecting those who would lean against his notion--all those who 'defend' (wherein all cases of 'defend' that I see are the scummy-ones given the game context) Imp are considered scummy.
This does not sound like scumToony play to me.

Jim: Hate crime is probably exaggerating, but insulting people by saying they have illnesses, mocking them, and just plain being a rude person in game REALLY gets on my nerves.

I don't care, deal with it, world's tiniest violin, world's saddest song, etc. etc.

Have you tried sparring back? It's a lot more interesting than complaining about how I'm being a really big meanie.
Spoiler: OOC I guess (click to show/hide)

On that note, the post where I did vote was with a note to you..I believe you forgot and are acting on Meph's posts to check if I voted or not, right?

Toony
Hmmm I didn't know that.  Sinless was the only lynch candidate today though so if Imp wasn't under suspect I would be the candidate for hanging (since Caz isn't here).  In fact, if I didn't replace I don't think Sinless would be alive anymore.  I don't have too many other leads besides being generally suspicious of Tiruin and RangerCado's defending of Imp.
BAHAHAH. "Defending" he says.
So what exactly did Imp's behavior speak non-town to you other than the note of her being 'non-town' (also Imp is a female. We're like that.)

Also you missed my probably badly worded note to you.
Most scum

Imp - Day 1 attacks were odd, ended up voting DarkStar the dopp but can't say I can use that as town evidence after S6...currently think they're a dopp because of lack of kill but they're replacing out!
Tiruin - I'm just going to take a while guess and say they're the Caz kidnapper, it seems like a Tiruin-thing to be true
RangerCado - Defending Imp a lot.  "Can you expound on why your suspicious of Imp more?" at Persus. "...So your suspicious of Imp, partially because his scum list is different than yours?" at Makeinu.
Jim Groovester - It's hard to tell
Superblackcat - I'm not sure what they're doing but they replaced Max White recently so there's not as much to go off of though RVS-type questions on Day 2 isn't so great
Caz - currently abducted, could be a dopp (which explains the lack of kill) but you can't vote somebody who isn't here
Toaster - I noticed that Toaster has been guiding Makeinu like a scum mentor, but he's right that DarkStar's actions don't make sense for it to be Makeinu scum and so Toaster doesn't look so bad either
makeinu - I don't see anything particularly suspicious and DarkSide's actions don't make that any harder to see

Least scum
Oh come on. I'm your #2 suspect because..you assume I'll abduct Caz..because...what? The only way I see that to be true is that I said I 'take "care" of absent people'.

...Which does make sense in hindsight, however I do have to note that Caz was active D1.
You don't bother to expound on your other subjects of notable suspicion.
..Or I'm being ignored. I get that feeling sometimes.

PPE
...Persus:
Imp, I know you don't have much time, but can you please take a few minutes to answer this question and respond to my post to you as that would be nice... you scum.
That's a pretty nice shift there Persus.
Ellipsis + weak accusation. How does this statement here reference your past note on your last vote?

Why're you taking Toony's note at point-blank range? What is your opinion about it..and on where your last vote was in reference to -now-?
It was a joke, because I was voting someone and politely asking them to answer some questions.

My opinion is that Imp being scum makes sense to me. Imp seemed to be acting odd this game, and certainly could be scum.

Just because Sinless blocked Imp doesn't necessarily mean she's scum. My pet theory was that someone abducted Caz and that's what disrupted the kill. What I'm worried about is that was a mind Stealer, and there's a third scum player now.
That's quite a long present you have there compared to what you say here.

I be curious, laddie. What did you see back then--back here--that you're not seeing back up there?

PPE: ...Let me post. :I
Oh. Edited your post by fixing the format. Thanks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:56 pm »

Hey all.  I have no time to catch up on the thread or quote anything.  Throwing this fast and running back to work, which is in shambles.

I confirm I was blocked last night and put to sleep.  I think that means a psychic warden did it.
Did you or did you not feel the overwhelming presence of an elder god?
Meaning: Chains. Locks. Keys. Metal bars.
Any of them, did you feel?

Also extend
Throwing this fast and running back to work, which is in shambles.
Because this applies to me too.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55