Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142653 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2013, 11:47:07 am »

Oh shoot, forgot one important thing.

Seeing as he had no activity from yesterday, If he is spore spreader, and is trying to get lynched... He should be dead by now, since he may have started the ability yesterday. Even if not so, He would be for sure dead by tomorrow morning.

No. That's incorrect.

Bloom: This Spore Spreader has a special ability that allows it to Seed the area with Alien plants at night once during the game. All players will be made aware of the plants the following morning. That day, the players MUST perform a lynch. If the SS is lynched that day, it will send forth a cloud of chemicals that will activate the plants. The plants then release spores that convert all other players into Spore Spreaders, and winning the game for the SS. If the SS is not lynched, then it will die the following night and lose.

Technically, it's only possibly incorrect.  Unless, of course, you know there's a Bloom Spore Spreader around.  Do you?

No.

And no, it's not possibly anything, it's simply incorrect.

The Infester SS actively targets players at night, and gets a free infest when lynched. At most, if lynched today, it would have two players infected, one from N1 and one at lynch, and is very likely to lose it's wincon. This variant benefits from playing the long game, which Sinlessmoon is not doing. However, it is not endangered by any manifestation of it's power. Ergo, incorrect.

The Bloom SS is only guaranteed to be dead at the end of the day/night after a bloom is announced. This variant benefits from playing the short game as a Jester, BUT must actively declare as a night action that it is activating it's bloom power to force the lynch the next day. No bloom has been announced. Ergo, also incorrect.

So, if Sinlessmoon is, in fact, a Spore Spreader, and there's nothing necessarily to say he's not, then he's in no way dead unless lynched or night killed. So Superblackcat's blithe assertion that we should just let it be, man, because if he's a Spore Spreader then he's already dead, is flat out, demonstrably, incorrect.

Either way, scum or SS, he is, right now, the best lynch target I see. If replaced, I'm curious to see what his replacement has to say, and will happily give them the chance to dig their way out of the hole that they've been left in.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:25 pm »

I replaced in because Toony was busy until after Christmas or something like that.
I'm not sure if he'll be able to replace.
I'm free as a Beogh worshiper in the Orcish Mines.

(I can replace today if need be.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2013, 12:43:26 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: RangerCado
Persus13: Toaster
Sinlessmoon: Jim Groovester, makeinu, Persus13

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

I replaced in because Toony was busy until after Christmas or something like that.
I'm not sure if he'll be able to replace.
I'm free as a Beogh worshiper in the Orcish Mines.

(I can replace today if need be.)

Thanks, Toony. Since Sinlessmoon hasn't shown up I'll give you his spot.

I'll PM you with the Role information shortly.

ToonyMan has replaced Sinlessmoon
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2013, 02:02:58 pm »

Toony: I more than not believe that you read up. What's your opinion about the current votes and what everyone's saying?
I followed loosely for the first day, but I haven't paid attention to Day 2 as much since that was during my finals week.  I'll take a look-see at everybody.

But first before any big analysis (my forum box is acting up anyway) I'd like to get out of the way that Imp should be lynched today.

Why?  I'm a Psychic Warden and blocked him Night 1.  There was no dopp kill Night 1.  I wasn't initially going to role-claim, but with some pretty incriminating evidence in front of me I see no reason not to.  Care to explain, Imp?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2013, 05:22:52 pm »

Guys, I'm sorry.  I need to be replaced.  I have serious problems affecting both my employment and my residence right now and I absolutely cannot give this game the time and focus it needs.  Every time I try my mind skitters away.  I give up.

I will -try- to play until I'm replaced, but I cannot make any promises.  I am very sorry to hurt the game by my absences.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2013, 05:54:30 pm »

Wait, just getting this straight, Sinless comes in at night, does his weird voodoo magic (Blocks someone) and then leaves and don't talk to us ever again? Uhhh... I'd like to know what is going on in that brain. Not that I'm saying it's incorrect.

Also, What do you mean 'I wasn't initially going to role-claim,'. You just got the role... so where does the initially come from?

MakeInU: I missed the part that we would know if he was blooming or not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2013, 06:01:51 pm »

I wasn't going to claim my role until I realized there wasn't a mafia kill last night.  Replacees usually get less pressure and there wasn't a reason to role-claim just because I am the lynch candidate right now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 16, 2013, 06:13:41 pm »

Imp? Why Imp?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »

I can replace in for Imp but I probably won't be too active until Friday since this is my finals week.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 16, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »

Jim:
Imp? Why Imp?

Did you seriously just ask someone why the person he replaced chose the night target that he did?

Also, no unvote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 16, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »

Flabbergasted...

MakeInU: I missed the part that we would know if he was blooming or not.

Fair enough. The SS took me a bit to think through as well.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »

I wasn't going to claim my role until I realized there wasn't a mafia kill last night.  Replacees usually get less pressure and there wasn't a reason to role-claim just because I am the lynch candidate right now.

Okay, so, given that replacees generally get less pressure because, obviously, they likely don't know the thought processes guiding the actions of the player they replaced, I'm still curious what your defense would have been without laying a role claim, especially one of such magnitude.

Also, EXTEND to Wednesday. I'd very much like to hear more, from ToonyMan and from Imp or his replacement. Or from anyone that can back any of this, if possible.

Provisionally, my vote is remaining.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 16, 2013, 08:04:16 pm »

and from Imp or his replacement.

*facepalms*

So sorry, her replacement.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2013, 08:08:16 pm »

Did you seriously just ask someone why the person he replaced chose the night target that he did?

It's partly a question but it's also me openly wondering about Sinlessmoon's choice of target.

Also, no unvote?

The claim bothers me. I want to see more from ToonyMan before I make up my mind about that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 16, 2013, 08:44:47 pm »

PFP
I can replace in for Imp but I probably won't be too active until Friday since this is my finals week.
DO IT NAO.

Or we can extend..(because my finals are also until Friday but I'm totally prepared for it.)

Caz

Why are you directing questions at a player who cannot answer them by dint of being game-absent?
So he'll have something to talk about when he becomes game-present. It's Christmas--that doesn't mean he'll be absent forever (just like me.)

Provisionally, my vote is remaining.
Could you state why?
I could rationalize how Toony's point would either be a fact or not (a ploy to get another lynched) but I'd like to hear your idea on it first.

[...]Imp should be lynched today.

Why?  I'm a Psychic Warden and blocked him Night 1.  There was no dopp kill Night 1.  I wasn't initially going to role-claim, but with some pretty incriminating evidence in front of me I see no reason not to.  Care to explain, Imp?
What if Imp flipped as town given that notion?

I'll just ask Meph one note on that matter thank ye.

Spoiler: OOC @Toony (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55