Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142830 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2013, 12:07:16 am »

You read through the thread and you saw the enormity of Sinlessmoon's contributions so far. What do you make of him refusing replacement during the night?

I think that he thought he would be able to actually play this, then decide that it was too much work and just left us all hanging. If he doesn't post before monday 5pm GMT When he is replaced, I would think he is just a wierd person who didn't have any time. If he does, he is scum IMO.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2013, 12:26:27 am »

Even shitty town should not be lynched.

Do you suspect Sinlessmoon?

Right now, yes.

And I'm leaving my vote until he's replaced, presuming he is. That way, his replacement will have some pressure to actually post something.

More to follow this brief note.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2013, 12:31:44 am »

Assuming that he will be replaced instantly on monday 5pm...

I don't think that's possible?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2013, 12:44:28 am »

At this point of time, given Sin's activity rating, what is your prediction of him and the current votes? As in, does he seem like a good 'bandwagon' to justify your vote on?

He's probably a non-player.

But a non-players who refused replacement during the night.[....]
Both of you men: Why are you voting Sinlessmoon. I see nothing else on why you're doing so, and why you do so over anyone else given how Day 1 went out, with the only redeeming note being "nobody else asked you guys why."

If you don't see anything on why I'm voting him then you haven't looked through Day 2 hard enough.

He contacted Meph during the night and told Meph that he wouldn't need replacement. Don't you see the sinister potential here? Because I do, and I intend to vote him until he starts talking, he's dead, or he gets replaced.
[...]
I also notice that Imp hasn't shown up recently either, but I also know she's not one to completely disappear from a game either.

Is there any other players' activity you'd like me to make a note about?
Ah.
Well, that reasoning checks out to my notes.
@Orange: I..did. It lacked the details on Sin, but now I see the contacting of Meph.

Also note on Imp, last contact I made with her (BM-talk and all if she'd join), she has the flu. :(
And other things like hard workload and crazy holiday stuffs, to quote without quoting the PM..though it has no context in Mafia.

Assuming that he will be replaced instantly on monday 5pm...

I don't think that's possible?
Replacements
  • ToonyMan
Well...Hi Toony!

I believe this'll be extended given the presence of Toony?
Yes I'm skipping ahead to when that dude replaces in. :>

So, query ahead: Toony: I more than not believe that you read up. What's your opinion about the current votes and what everyone's saying?

I meant don't vote sin since he's going to get replaced.

Tiruin:
Ahh, I remember that post line... I think Max was being overly paranoid... I don't know what else to say. He got mad at someone for adding on to his question. Probably didn't have enough sleep like most Bay12-ers.
...Overly paranoid doesn't equal illogical in my eye. Nor did I 'add on' to his "question" (when there wasn't any question he did in the first place).
So you're totally attributing it to lack of sleep, especially given his replies to me? Given that amount of detail plus his version of a summary?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2013, 12:47:06 am »

I replaced in because Toony was busy until after Christmas or something like that.

I'm not sure if he'll be able to replace.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2013, 12:52:10 am »

Tiruin:

I meant don't vote sin since he's going to get replaced.

Tiruin:
Ahh, I remember that post line... I think Max was being overly paranoid... I don't know what else to say. He got mad at someone for adding on to his question. Probably didn't have enough sleep like most Bay12-ers.
...Overly paranoid doesn't equal illogical in my eye. Nor did I 'add on' to his "question" (when there wasn't any question he did in the first place).
So you're totally attributing it to lack of sleep, especially given his replies to me? Given that amount of detail plus his version of a summary?

No, after going back and rereading, I think he was just trying to find someone and something to attack. I don't know why he picked you two, as there were many better targets, at that time to attack. His attack was based on something you did, which was to redirect Persus' question back at him. I'm guessing that maybe Max may have thought that he was tunneling, or he thought that you were trying to get all friendly with him, and try to look townie. Whatever he thought, I don't know.

According to him, he thought you were being weird, I guess he doesn't see a lot of people redirecting questions in mafia. This continued to you become confused as to why he thought you were scummy in redirecting the question. Which made him more suspicious of you. That's how it looks to me I guess.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2013, 03:41:33 am »

I vote for an Extend to Wednesday. I want to see Sinlessmoon either get in here and play or be replaced. Regardless, Jim has restated my own case for lynching him.

Me:

Makeinu: He hasn't posted anything meaningful, hasn't posted since day 1, and was on yesterday without making a post here, but instead in other games:
-snip-
I'm for just replacing him now and being done with it honestly. And  despite not being on the replacement list yet, a full week of inactivity on Mafia is not being 'active.'

I don't care that he's off posting actively in other areas of the forum. And he's still 'active' enough that he's not due for replacement yet, according to the game mod:

Is there a point at which you'll forcibly replace somebody for inactivity, and has Sinlessmoon reached it yet?

Yes, there is a point where I'll forcibly replace someone. No, he's not there quite yet. But if we reach Monday and he hasn't posted yet I'll have to replace him.

So, that's enough for me to be convinced that, barring a better target, he needs to go. Because he's 'active' enough to stay in despite not posting since day one, not posting anything constructive even then, and yet?

Only way I can read that is that he's got a night role, and barring a forthcoming useful report from him, I have to assume that's a scum role.

Jim:

and told Toaster that one of Sinless's posts could be construed as being Toaster's #1 scumtell if you looked at it funny.

How is Sinlessmoon saying he should stop lurking, and then lurk even harder, not an example of a failure to deliver promised content?

What you gave would be more a definition of lurking, and even then I wouldn't consider it lurking, I'd consider it MIA: Need to be replaced (Sinless) . Lurking would be actively watching this thread whilst not posting anything.

You read through the thread and you saw the enormity of Sinlessmoon's contributions so far. What do you make of him refusing replacement during the night?

At this point of time, given Sin's activity rating, what is your prediction of him and the current votes? As in, does he seem like a good 'bandwagon' to justify your vote on?

He's probably a non-player.

But a non-players who refused replacement during the night.

Everybody's going nah we shouldn't kill him we should just wait for him to be replaced and I agree, but until he gets replaced, I am dead set on lynching him. Who knows, he might refuse replacement again for some reason, in which case, he is as deserving of being lynched as I've been saying.

As to your question, he is a good bandwagon because he can't say anything in his defense and he's already ultra hardcore mega lurking, so it's important to examine the people voting him and their reasons. E.G., Persus13 seems to be implying he should be lynched because he's dead weight to the town, which is a really scummy thing to say. I, on the other hand, am stating that the only reason he would refuse replacement during the night and otherwise do fuckall in the rest of the game is because he has a night action of some sort, and it's super scummy to only play the night game for reasons which I should hope are apparent. [EMPHASIS MINE]

Now for your vote. You seriously are picking on that one dude instead of anyone else, huh.
He can be force-replaced given his posts. And from what I glean on yours, you don't consider them all in detail other than the general 'he's gone.' note.

How am I supposed to consider nothing? He has posted virtually no content.

Both of you men: Why are you voting Sinlessmoon. I see nothing else on why you're doing so, and why you do so over anyone else given how Day 1 went out, with the only redeeming note being "nobody else asked you guys why."

If you don't see anything on why I'm voting him then you haven't looked through Day 2 hard enough.

He contacted Meph during the night and told Meph that he wouldn't need replacement. Don't you see the sinister potential here? Because I do, and I intend to vote him until he starts talking, he's dead, or he gets replaced.

Also, I have to agree with this point as well:

Let's bring me into this matter. Why aren't you guys mentioning me--the absentee right next to that one dude. Surely my lack of stuffs present a conspicuous note, no? :O

I noticed but you're not one to completely disappear from a game. You have also posted more than five lines, which makes you automatically leagues ahead of Sinlessmoon.

I also notice that Imp hasn't shown up recently either, but I also know she's not one to completely disappear from a game either.

Yes, there are others here that could be labeled as lurking, but no one has posted as little as Sinlessmoon has, and under blatant evasion as well. Hell, even TheDarkStar posted more often, and with more substance, although not by much, and we all know how THAT turned out, don't we.

Sinlessmoon isn't my only candidate for scum, but he's sitting at the top of the list right now.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2013, 04:07:09 am »

And, for the record, this:

He's been prodded, he's not offline away from the forums, he's IN FACT busily posting elsewhere in the forums but NOT HERE. That's the very definition of active lurking, and I have a HUGE problem with that.

IS active lurking. He's actively avoiding posting anything in this thread, yet still has the wherewithal to request, at night, not to be replaced.

He may be playing the worst scum hand in the world, but I'm hard-fucking-pressed to see how it's anything but a scum hand.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2013, 05:20:10 am »

Uhh, Or he coulda forgotten about it... and just left the thread alone?

I don't know how it works, but It doesn't seem to be on purpose.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2013, 05:29:16 am »

That's the assumption I'm following...

One does not just say 'O hai guiz post later I'm lurking :P' without due reason.

...I'm really not seeing him as scum at that point--or Dopp, at best.
That or if he flips scum I'm dropping my meter of moral notation. and player-bound dignity.

Or may be an Infester-type Spore Spreader but that'd be a real darn longshot...wherein 'lurking=win'. That would explain his wish to do the night action without posting quite much at all afterwards. However, the idea that he posted twice on him coming back plus the change in 'mood' helps my idea above [Him not being Dopp, at best//scum, at worst].

I don't know how it works, but It doesn't seem to be on purpose.
I like your capitalization.
So what do you think about it SBC? How is it not on purpose to you?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2013, 05:50:08 am »

In my opinion, if he was scum, then He would have replied to the thread by now, or asked for a replacement. In what I've seen. Scum is more eager to play. They won't do what Sin is doing, especially if he saw that he has 3 votes on him. This must mean, if he's scum, then he's not checking the thread, or even if he's not scum, he's not checking the thread.

Of course, the alternative is that he is Spore Spreader, and if that's true, we'll all get FOOLED!

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2013, 05:51:27 am »

Oh shoot, forgot one important thing.

Seeing as he had no activity from yesterday, If he is spore spreader, and is trying to get lynched... He should be dead by now, since he may have started the ability yesterday. Even if not so, He would be for sure dead by tomorrow morning.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:26 am »

In my opinion, if he was scum, then He would have replied to the thread by now, or asked for a replacement. In what I've seen. Scum is more eager to play. They won't do what Sin is doing, especially if he saw that he has 3 votes on him. This must mean, if he's scum, then he's not checking the thread, or even if he's not scum, he's not checking the thread.

I'm afraid that I don't follow the logic to the assumption that it must mean he's not checking the thread, nor why that matters. I've seen a LOT of games where a scum player has simply turned their backs on the game, and even their scum buddies have been unable to get them in and posting. I've seen scum players do really stupid things before, and this doesn't even come close to touching the dumbest.

Of course, the alternative is that he is Spore Spreader, and if that's true, we'll all get FOOLED!

If that's the case, then he's not pursuing his wincon, and lynching him now is better than waiting:

Spore Spreader

Victory: All players at game end Infected/The Spore Spreader must be lynched the day following the Seeding.

He has, at best, infected one player and will infect one other at random upon being lynched, and didn't use the Bloom aspect last night, we know, since there was no message. And that's a distinctly anti-Town role.

So much for making the case that we should stop picking on him. You've only reinforced the idea that he's engaged in only playing the night game, that he's a risk to the Town, and that he needs to go.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 16, 2013, 09:24:26 am »

Oh shoot, forgot one important thing.

Seeing as he had no activity from yesterday, If he is spore spreader, and is trying to get lynched... He should be dead by now, since he may have started the ability yesterday. Even if not so, He would be for sure dead by tomorrow morning.

No. That's incorrect.

Bloom: This Spore Spreader has a special ability that allows it to Seed the area with Alien plants at night once during the game. All players will be made aware of the plants the following morning. That day, the players MUST perform a lynch. If the SS is lynched that day, it will send forth a cloud of chemicals that will activate the plants. The plants then release spores that convert all other players into Spore Spreaders, and winning the game for the SS. If the SS is not lynched, then it will die the following night and lose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:42 am »

Persus:
You started out voting Max for tunneling- kind of a silly accusation for so early in the game.  You talked about him but didn't really put out much pressure after that.  When Max called for a replacement, you voted Sinlessmoon for his lurking until you realized so many other people were doing that; then you moved back to Max and that was pretty much it for you D1.
No, I voted him because he seemed to be doing the exact same thing he did D1 in Supernatural and he was scum, which was constantly attack one person (and I misused the word tunneling, should have used focus or something like that), then I kept my vote on him because he then attacked Tiruin for asking a question of clarification that I had no problem with being asked. I'd also like to point out that for a lot of D1 I was playing the BM Sprint and that was a higher priority to this game and I've also been busy with school. If you to see me when I'm playing as scum, I'd advise you or anyone in this game to read that. Also, I kept with my vote of Max because he was my top scumpick D1, and I had no reads on anyone else.

Sinless was lurking just as much D1 as he is now- why was Max a better vote then and Sinless a better vote now?  Note Max was replaced after all this.

Heck, Imp even acknowledged my answering of these.  Why are you trying to be Imp's little helper monkey?
Because I was wondering if I should vote her.[...]
...You're wondering in public?
Well, more accurately where I placed my vote depended on how my question was answered.

Let's put it this way- how else would you have voted here?
If Imp had shown me questions you hadn't answered I would have likely voted you. If you had acknowledged that you hadn't answered those questions and the answer seemed scummy I would have voted you. If you had acknowledged that you hadn't answered the questions and said you missed them, I would have focused on Tiruin or Jim instead.

So how do Tiruin and Jim stack up now?

You then move your vote off Imp and onto a nonplaying lurker who already had votes- *before* Imp addresses any of your concerns.  It's almost like you don't care about them (because they're totally fake.)
I got annoyed at Sinlessmoon and decided he need to active or die. Imp is going to respond regardless of whether or not I vote her, and she knows I think she's scummy, so why do I need to vote her to get my questions answered?

It sure doesn't look like she's answering them now.

Yawn, your scare tactics don't really work on me. Why do you have a problem with me wanting a really bad lurker to hang or get replaced?

I have no problem with you wanting to get him replaced; heck, so do I.  I do have a problem when you hop on an easy lynch in lieu of other content.

Superblackcat*:

Toaster: Do you believe Max was tunneling?

No.

Max had a reasonable spread of questions to others before the accusation.  I know Max to be a very talkative person, so if Makeinu was responding to him as fast as he could answer back, he would indeed talk to Makeinu a lot.  But there is one crucial thing that I think a few people missed (myself included)- Max never voted Makeinu.  To me it totally reads like Max was trying to figure out Makeinu's playstyle and deduce new scum from new player.  On further reflection Persus's Max vote looks worse now.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

Tiruin:
Caz

Why are you directing questions at a player who cannot answer them by dint of being game-absent?

Jim:
This may insult people. Me included. >_>

My eyes suck and I am amused by this.

Makeinu:
No. That's incorrect.

Technically, it's only possibly incorrect.  Unless, of course, you know there's a Bloom Spore Spreader around.  Do you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55