Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49716 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:15 pm »

That's good but my pride won't allow me to tell you that, make it more symmetric, maybe...

As for gobbos, yeah, they will fall to the bottom before burning but it makes no difference if it is more than 7 Zlevels drop^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2013, 06:10:52 pm »

Short update.

Granite, 5 
I feel like that everything will go wrong if I don't do anything. So I have decided to implement new designs for the fortress defenses, first I have add more weapon traps to the cage trap alley. I decided to use only the weapons of past invaders so that we show that no matter what we will not fall.

Granite, 14
I see it in the corner of my eyes, something red and fuzzy shapes I need more beer. I have decided to add more defenses by adding a lava moat under the trade deport bridge.

Granite, 28
When looking around the hospital I noticed something past a wall was a cliff face, wondering If I could build something there, just then i remember that the jail needs more room so i decided to draw up new plans for the new jail.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:06:12 pm by danmanthedog »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2014, 12:15:03 pm »

Well everything is going dwarf, umm lava moat has a leak, I died from forgotten beast I am now a brewer called danwomencat. so whoops.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »

Teaser for update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2014, 10:06:17 pm »

Im sorry but i have to abandon the fort i just can't handle it. Heres what happen, got king, started digging downward for more ores, Forgotten beast came back got in by breaking doors, trapped him in locked rooms trice then broke out, broke rule for military because FB no care for traps, So 3 squads of war veterans are now beating it senseless but it wont die and finally for some odd reason lava is no flowing in to fort slowly making for dwarfen people also my moat failed by springing leak and flooding up left and bottom left of mountain, I also died i think.
Im sorry but this fort is hard for me i might have be able to kill FB if we had hunters. So i world skipp my turn and start from last save.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2014, 09:12:15 am »

Im sorry but i have to abandon the fort i just can't handle it. Heres what happen, got king, started digging downward for more ores, Forgotten beast came back got in by breaking doors, trapped him in locked rooms trice then broke out, broke rule for military because FB no care for traps, So 3 squads of war veterans are now beating it senseless but it wont die and finally for some odd reason lava is no flowing in to fort slowly making for dwarfen people also my moat failed by springing leak and flooding up left and bottom left of mountain, I also died i think.
Im sorry but this fort is hard for me i might have be able to kill FB if we had hunters. So i world skipp my turn and start from last save.

Got it.

Edit: Nope, without militia it is unsolvable. Requesting permission to start a new fort...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:22:45 am by exodius1 »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2014, 09:34:14 am »

Did we balls that up this bad?
If a new fort is made, I want the same dorf, mechanic/glassmaker. And this time make traps from the start.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:05 am »

Did we balls that up this bad?
If a new fort is made, I want the same dorf, mechanic/glassmaker. And this time make traps from the start.

I think I'll allow Boromir explain what has happened: http://youtu.be/kyevhryWKHk?t=41s
Best we could do is: http://youtu.be/kyevhryWKHk?t=3m16s

Aprt from that I have chosen a 3x3 with volcano, fireclay, sand and a river. My part is not going to be very artsy, I want to make Dwarfproof defences.

Edit: I have to redo the embark, i forgot anvils-.- No civ has anvils on embark, the hell?

Edit 2: I just got a wave with six children and than the game crashed-.- Trying it all over again-.-
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:46:22 am by exodius1 »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2014, 12:18:38 pm »

haa The kids are evil! Kill them all. Also just to let you know the in the first fort every person was related some how.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2014, 12:48:59 pm »

haa The kids are evil! Kill them all. Also just to let you know the in the first fort every person was related some how.

I would love to be put back on the end of rotation, I did not really have a chance to stretch those artistic muscles...

IMPORTANT TO WHO EVER IS TAKING OVER!!!!

We do not have magma safe materials and Caravan has been a massive disapointment, I have ordered some Steel Bars to rectify that problem.

Farms produce each type of plant, for your clothing and milling needs!

Magma Forges need to be set up, we now have one steel anvil. Proposed minimalistic design is there, JUST BE CAREFUL WHILE IMPLEMENTING IT!

I did not dwarf anyone, somebody else has to do that.

I end in the early winter and give rest of my turn to whoever is taking over next.

Press "N" and read notes, they are your friend... or at least they are not trying to kill you.

That Bridge over the hole full of magma? Yeah, that's our LAST line of defense (excluding the corridor behind depot, but that needs to be filled with traps first). Make sure to add additional defensive structures! Extra Points for Creative Use of Volcano!

THE MOST IMPORTANT! After third try I forgot to rename the fortress so we have a random name now, sorry.
Good Luck!

Save
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:57:17 pm by exodius1 »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »

If no one picks up the rails for the fort i will do it again and also thanks exodius.
Edit- I would liek if everybody told me what they want to be it would help a lot thank you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:51:20 pm by danmanthedog »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2014, 01:57:43 pm »

NP, Sorry for the smaller site, I wanted to make sure everyone could run it, even if it is mechanics heavy^^

I would love to get a metal crafter, just do not expect me writting diaries^^

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »

NP, Sorry for the smaller site, I wanted to make sure everyone could run it, even if it is mechanics heavy^^

I would love to get a metal crafter, just do not expect me writting diaries^^
Its fine and sure i will dwarf if if i re due my turn. Also how did you make the pregenerated history be at 64?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2014, 03:03:12 pm »

I think he stopped the world gen before it ended.
What's the new name?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2014, 03:17:56 pm »

I did no such thing! This is still the original world, just a different embark site.

As for the name.... I forgot to check, I know it is not what it should be^^
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40