Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49713 times)

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:05 pm »

I'm (kinda) back in buisness. Sad, you couldn't handle the trolls. I guess, that year was some barrel full o'bad luck.
However, I would like to give it a shot again. Would be nice, if you could dwarf me some random guy and set me on the list again. I won't fck it up *that* bad this time  :D

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »

Well if you want you can go after me or before me depending if nyxan gets his turn. If he does not get his turn you go instead of me but if he does you go after me. Because like i said i have my own fort to play.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2014, 07:43:52 pm »

Anyone tried sending him a PM? He may have forgotten he had a turn here...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2014, 11:29:42 am »

I sent a message, since WoobMonkey hasn't chimed in of late.

EDIT - important!

Nyxalinth has messaged me that she can't take her turn.

So currently it looks like the next turns are

- Saegge
- danmanthedog

Re-posting the link for the current save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8296
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:55:53 pm by Larix »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

Okay then its Saegge turn.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »

looks like I'm on it again. Here we go

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »

Gl Hf

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

Yep.  Put me on the list in the last position.  Also, requesting a dwarf in the new fort.  I hope I don't minecart-kill this one.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »

Don't have too much !!FUN!!, Saegge^^ Others will want to play on that save as well^^

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

After being distracted by some Awesome Games Done Quick (which was super effective) I finally started to mess some dwarfs up again. Turns out I'm quite popular and getting some 53 new friends right in spring.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2014, 12:04:45 pm »

Some random Journal of some random dude in some fortress called 'Tomesreward' which translates to Charmcrafted

Spring of 66

Right after new year's eve I woke up and something was strange. I woke up on the ground of our deepest shaft like evry now and then. But this time I felt not alone. As I investigated this issue I realized, I was cuddling with a number of huge piles of notes. Someone had given me these while I was asleep. The notes seemed to relate to the design of our fortress and in addition there were tasks to do. there was no doubt. Someone wanted me to give those orders to dwarfs who could actually accomplish a few of them.

On my way up to the more qualified dwarfs I noticed a hole in the wall leading right into the caverns. There was a fairly terrifying atmosphere leaking in. This needed to be fixed as soon as dwarfly possible, too. Reaching the meeting hall and dorm I found a mason. I ordered him to repair that hole. Surprisingly, he wasn't surprised to get orders from me... He just looked for something to do, I guess. Well, I tryed to announce some other tasks. After they finished laughing, the dwarfs turned away from me and continued their party.

However, I later managed to get the miners and engravers under my control, for they had nothing to do at all. With their help I set up some new small bed rooms and a proper office for the fortress' manager.

As the days passed I missed this one ranger dwarf who was partying all time before. Our smith 4maskwolf told me, he would sit around at the craftsdwarf's. I had  no Idea what a hunter would possibly want from a toy maker. I supposed, he was awaiting little ones... A bit later I met him at the next party and, damn, was his visit at the crafter worth it. He reached a whole new level of drunkenness with his new mug, encrusted with gems and menaced with spikes of bone.

When the elven caravan arrived, our broker ran off to the depot, returning very soon. I wanted to ask, what he got, but then I realized the bag of berries he was eating from. In a fairly weird way, they all are mad in here...

Now it's getting hotter outside while the miners begin to dig place for a hospital and a cemetery. I guess summer will be upon us soon.

(lack of screens caused by severe lack of events. Hope this won't change :P)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2014, 12:28:13 pm »

Oh, good catch!

I just looked through my save and indeed, i somehow forgot to plug the hole by which i detected the lower cave. Whoops. Especially since there were a bunch of hungry heads floating in that cavern by the time of the save.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2014, 12:48:28 pm »

I managed to seal it of just before I noticed that those Heads even existed ^^. Was quite lucky as I saw one just below the new wall

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2014, 05:57:06 pm »

Can we capture and tame those heads? WE could tie them to chains/ropes outside (out of enemy range of course) as a morale breaking tactics^^

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »

According to the wiki, they're not tameable, but could obviously be modded in the raws. I'd be careful with modding in a community game, though. Hungry heads can be killed by traps and butchered and are large enough to give fat (for soap), skin and bones. They're kind of flying crundles, so are more annoying than dangerous and could be held back by setting doors to "tightly shut".

We already have two captured goblins currently installed as good luck charms in dining room and dormitory. They could be displayed more prominently, although preferably behind a window on an elevated platform, to avoid them getting splattered by caravan guards.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40