Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )  (Read 19649 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Thanks, but that'd probably cost more than I have spare - I'll just have to take a CLW if I take any further damage, and hope that I don't get killed tragically prematurely.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

@Lawas: It coulda been alot worse :P

You survived a 3d6 sneak attack by taking absolute minimum damage.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Claiming a 5 lb. cask of mystery drink as a 4 lb. fairy.  I just had a mental picture of Eirlys grabbing it by upending her bag and dropping it down over it, rather than trying to pick it up.  Also, I'm a little surprised Ari isn't going for the medical tool, though it is in poor condition.  Though, on that note, I found another item Ari might be interested in, lawastooshort.  I found a copy of the Magic Item Compendium since it was suggested in the other thread that some items in there might be a good idea, and I found this:

HEALING BELT
Price (Item Level): 750 gp (3rd)
Body Slot: Waist
Caster Level: 3rd
Aura: Faint; (DC 16) conjuration
Activation: — and standard (command)
Weight: 1 lb.
This broad leather belt is studded with three moonstones.

While wearing a healing belt, you gain a +2 competence bonus on Heal checks. This is a continuous effect and requires no activation.

In addition, the belt has 3 charges, which are renewed each day at dawn. Spending 1 or more charges allows you to channel positive energy and heal damage with a touch. (You can also use this ability to harm undead, dealing them an equivalent amount of damage instead.)
  • 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage.
  • 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage.
  • 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.

Seems like it'd be a useful tool for a doctor, with a Heal bonus on top of the free healing per day. We'd have to do several of the jobs to afford it, assuming we can even find someone who has one that's willing to sell, but it could be quite useful. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:14:28 pm by Culise »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Never got a PM about it... hmm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, from what I can gather the belt is not *quite* as efficient as wand of CLW however-though it does last forever, over 50 charges. Of course, if you have no UMD ranks in your party...

At best it's supplemental healing for low levels only.

Tho I suppose if you actually bought one, I'd let you upgrade it if we could figure out a way to...

--

Edit
Never got a PM about it... hmm.

Well my pm says I sent it to a player named...Gilgamesh?!

:( :( :(

I didn't know there was a troll account <_<
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Ooh, thanks, Culise - if I'd seen that while doing the sheet I'd have tried to make room for one in my budget. Also, I thought the saw would probably duplicate something I already had at home, except rustier...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Somewhere someone is now very confused.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Tho I suppose if you actually bought one, I'd let you upgrade it if we could figure out a way to...

If I get enough money before... I dunno... level 5, I probably will. Especially if I don't find out about a better Belt slot using item. I'm not going to go for any UMD I don't think, so it might be useful, and fluffful.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Sorry for the double post.

If no one objects, Ari will scout out the Widow's house hiding and sneaking. If there's nothing to report, whoever will talk to her should do so. If there is any surveillance to report, perhaps we'd best make a plan. You should follow Ari at, say, 100 feet? No more than two turns away? We should also say about 100 feet or a little more from the house while they talk to her, and maybe have a signal for help needed...

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The things that happen while I'm at work.

I'm disappointed you didn't have at least one skeleton go attack.  While I doubt I'd have done a lot of damage, it's still 1d4+3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2013, 11:21:26 pm »

I'm disappointed you didn't have at least one skeleton go attack.  While I doubt I'd have done a lot of damage, it's still 1d4+3.
This is what marching orders are for. I'm sorting mine out soon, and I suggest the same for everyone else. That way you can act while not even being on the forums! Check out Ari's sheet (at the bottom) for an example of marching orders!

And it so happens that I decided to start out with both a Healing Belt and Everlasting Rations, so I don't starve to death anywhere. Check it out in my inventory.

Don't forget to add 10gp to your sheet everyone (except for the inactive elf that is.).

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2013, 11:44:56 pm »

This is what marching orders are for. I'm sorting mine out soon, and I suggest the same for everyone else. That way you can act while not even being on the forums! Check out Ari's sheet (at the bottom) for an example of marching orders!

And it so happens that I decided to start out with both a Healing Belt and Everlasting Rations, so I don't starve to death anywhere. Check it out in my inventory.

Don't forget to add 10gp to your sheet everyone (except for the inactive elf that is.).
Man.  There's a reason I don't buy Healing Belts in games.

And that's because they're ridiculously overpowered and underpriced.  Better action economy than a Wand of CLW and doesn't require any UMD whatsoever.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2013, 12:54:25 am »

I just got it because I couldn't afford anything else that was useful with the amount of money I had...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2013, 01:01:01 am »

I dont see the problem with a healing belt.

Especially for low levels.

I mean, he coulda bought like a thousand CLW potions for the same money, right? And it's only got so many uses per day.

I'm going to make a houserule, however-the belt only works for you, or whoever has worn it for at least 24 hours.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2013, 01:08:58 am »

Ok, that's cool by me. I only plan on using it in emergencies really. Our rogue can handle most of the healing himself I reckon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16