Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 139473 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 20 - Half-Assed Pauper's Grave
« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2013, 10:38:57 pm »

"Ow! Double (insert Southerner curse here). Sorry, Thuun, I didn't mean to do that..."

Clutch and rest my head. Plan a spell to make a hovering rock, in hopes of getting a bonus when I actually do so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2013, 10:49:23 pm »

This is just beautiful.

Seriously, get some medicinal plants, it can't be any worse than you are continually making it!
Well, the GM could anyway.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2013, 11:08:03 pm »

(4) Your head thumps painfully! Ow. Too much magic. You probably shouldn’t do any magic for a little while. EVER. AGAIN. Any magic will result in crippling pain
FTFY!

RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNSAVEMEPENGUINPOLICE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2013, 11:09:49 pm »

(4) Your head thumps painfully! Ow. Too much magic. You probably shouldn’t do any magic for a little while. EVER. AGAIN. Any magic will result in crippling pain
FTFY!
((...Are you threatening me?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 14, 2013, 11:17:24 pm »

FTFY!
((...Are you threatening me?))
((More saying that every time you cast magic one of our team ends up hurt XD))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »

((Not every time. Not even half the time, I'm sure! When I have more time, I'll check. Not tonight. Maybe tomorrow, but if not then, probably not for a while, since I'm going to need to be posting from my tablet for a while starting some time next week, likely sooner rather than later.))
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »

((Not every time. Not even half the time, I'm sure! When I have more time, I'll check. Not tonight. Maybe tomorrow, but if not then, probably not for a while, since I'm going to need to be posting from my tablet for a while starting some time next week, likely sooner rather than later.))
((TODAY IN THE NEWSROOM: PROBABLY ALMOST POSSIBLE SLIGHTLY NONCOMMITAL-ISH-ISMS))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 14, 2013, 11:25:17 pm »

You poor bastard.

I wrote about 10 of the first 15 turns up on my ipad and I never want to do that again. It's a freaking nightmare.

At least he hasn't turned anybody into a raging abomination of scienceMAGIC.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2013, 11:28:12 pm »

You poor bastard.
I wrote about 10 of the first 15 turns up on my ipad and I never want to do that again. It's a freaking nightmare.
I've been there before.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I wasn't in so many games where text color and effects were required to distinguish characters. Or if I didn't have like 100 characters in the one.
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 14, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »

Ahem, I'll put up a counter:
First turn: magic of fists of windy fury: worst part: broke a guys arm. (4)
Second turn: no magic, sheleilegh hit, succeeded in throwing a guy out of the bar (5)
Third turn: takes away the healing powers of the incredible mayor (4)
Turn 4: tries to chuck a rock at the incredible mayor, fails with a (2)
Turn 5: successfully traps the hulk on the floor with wind magic. (6)
Turn 6: releases the wind bonds and helps the mayor calm down. (4)
Turn 7: after screwing up talking to a guard, he gets absolved by the good priest, who just gets him out of the mess (1)
Turn 8: dream sequence mostly, nothing important.
Turn 9:talks talky turn, no magic unfortunately.
Turn 10: SO. MUCH. TALKY.
Turn 11: ah, here we go, he picks up a pebble and makes it rock about with a (2) but then gets a (6) an makes every pebble in a 100 feet levitate between waist and head height, that was interesting, then, two ones and first, the light magic inverts and becomes invisible, great, then, it explodes and sears his hand off, yay!
Turn 12: yay! Gets a one in fixing his hand and it gets covered irreparably in a weird stony substance.
Turn 13: perfect (5) and gets an inanimate potable rock hand! Yay!
Turn 14: experiments with the hand, mostly trying to reform it.
Turn 15:try's to use a clarity on him and teammates, got a three so it only gets to him.
Turn 16: just uses force magic to prevent himself from getting roasted with lava, lucky roll for certain.
Turn 17:nearly flies into the fire with a clarity, but prevents himself from falling in and stops some fire, yay him.
Turn 18: about to use magic to stop some fires, but another person beats him to it, still, he learns something.
Turn 19: I think GWG is ekoka, but he gets a six in healing mr chargrilled there and succeeds in clearing up the cuts, not the legs however.
Turn 20: right now, he gets a one and buries him half down into the ground, great going there GWG.

So far, approximately 15% percent screw up rate! great going buddy!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:12:55 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2013, 11:30:27 pm »

You poor bastard.

At least he hasn't turned anybody into a raging abomination of scienceMAGIC.
Hey that "abomination" is the mayor of a respectable township, and is in fact FULLY satisfied with my work. And he didn't even hurt anyone who wasn't actively attacking him.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 14, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »

Ahem, I'll put up a counter:
First turn: magic of fists of windy fury: worst part: broke a guys arm. (4)
Second turn: no magic, sheleilegh hit, succeeded in throwing a guy out of the bar (5)
Third turn: takes away the healing powers of the incredible mayor (4)
Turn 4: tries to chuck a rock at the incredible mayor, fails with a (2)
Turn 5: successfully traps the hulk on the floor with wind magic. (6)
Turn 6: releases the wind bonds and helps the mayor calm down. (4)
Turn 7: after screwing up talking to a guard, he gets absolved by the good priest, who just gets him out of the mess (1)
Thank you.
Counting the magic...all of the magics did more or less what they were supposed to. Less in the Turn 3, more in the Turn 1, all acceptable results.
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »

Turn 11, not so much, of course, pebble grenades sound cool, but you could only do it when holding them.
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2013, 11:53:07 pm »

You hadn't reached that point yet. Still, a 20% chance of bad stuff is nowhere near the 100% chance claimed.
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »

Haven't I reached that point yet? Seems like it because I'm at turn 14, I'm updating one at a time really quickly.

I agree however, good job on the magic, seems like a small amount so far.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74