Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 20758 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »

I sense a powerful mortal asking for my blessing yet I do not know why he is asking the wrong person, but then again only the gods and my kin really know who is giving everyone magic.
Crack-a-lack-a

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2013, 04:58:07 pm »

((I don't know you exist :P. I'll assume you're talking to my character now though. Also, I'm pretty sure any god could give me that power if they invested an act in me.))

"And who are you and your kin, spirit? I do not know you or the truthfulness of your claim. If you are indeed the creator of the magi, then you have bestowed both quite a gift and a curse upon the fisher's people. For that power is indeed a great gift and a useful tool in the pursuit of a better world but unfortunately you seem to have distributed it randomly to people regardless of their worth or deserving of such a thing... and if you are willing to give out such power freely, then perhaps consider giving it to someone who will use it in wisdom and not waste it pettily."
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2013, 04:58:36 pm »

Teskort falls silent briefly before listen again. "I am sure your father is listening. I will wait for his response.

As for your project, it intrigues me. I'd require more information on the matter, and time to deal with a few projects of my own first, but assuming we can make our pact and the creation will be limited to the networlds, I think we can come to terms. My role however is to create beasts, and I am wary about expanding into other courses of action."

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2013, 05:56:10 pm »

I would be Liram, one of the minor gods, I put magic into the blood of your race of mortals in hope of letting magic flow through the universe better, but as everything I have done it will have repercussions as is the predicament of power. But to answer who my kin are, they are what you call the fey, they are my creations, I have changed them though preventing further problems, the people of your empire appear to be taking delight in cities made of my kins work.
Crack-a-lack-a

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2013, 07:41:57 pm »

"Neiden. I shall sponsor agreement with Teskort here, as these are matters I myself have already agreed with him on. However, I should like to ask you to, if possible, find a way to stop the persecution of the Heretics. I've given them the gift of technology and I tried to have them accepted, and this was because they are beneficial to the rest of my children."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2013, 08:32:55 pm »

Neiden laughed to himself and tapped the report on his desk.
"No, I don't think I've heard Fey before although suddenly I do recall the term Kin. Yes... in my report right here. Perhaps the same Kin responsible for teaching strange arts to some Children and the creation of the abominations on Aztof... I've just recently learned of the Kin and this new world. Of the impending apocalypse and the end of all things. Very interesting things to learn about...

No, it is not my empire that is taking delight in the Kin's work. That would be the world Aztof of which I have only recently learnt. They are separate from us... at the moment. Although recently they have been using forbidden techniques to open up gateways into our world and to let cultists slip in. This has of course, been somewhat distressing.

So I've got a deal for you... Give me the powers of the Magi and in return, I will make sure Magi always have a place in my empire and that they are taught you are the one who gave them that gift. The practices going on at Aztof will not be allowed to long continue while I still have power. What they are doing there is hastening the end of all things. If you side with me though, your creations will still have a place among the Net Worlds and be allowed to prosper."

Then to the Fisher,
"Of course my Creator. It was never my intention to completely cast out the heretics. I wanted to try and convince them to worship you but I did not expect my Enforcers to exterminate them and drive them out as they did. Reform will be made immediately."

Finally to Teskort,
"The Fisher has blessed our arrangement and so it shall be so. Help with the creation of my factory would be appreciated and I am willing to tell you more details about it, should you desire. However if you would rather help on something other than the factory... something more in line with your sphere... The powers of shape shifting could be quite useful to me. Something somewhat more close to making a beast, I would think."
Sure thing peanut man!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2013, 08:35:48 pm »

I will agree if it will stop the kalpa's end.
Action: Find genetic code in a nearby magi and use a nearby Liram kin's excess energy and put in magi powers in Neiden.
Crack-a-lack-a

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

Neiden smiled as he felt the power flow into him. Another tool to the collection. Another means to an end. Then he frowned and looked at the Golden Wire hanging around his neck. He watched it glimmer ever so slightly and warmth radiate through his body. Two great tools that unfortunately didn't work well together. It didn't mean they couldn't both be used though...

Neiden walked into his room and grabbed a knife. Cutting off a finger, he grimaced trying hard not to scream out. He watched the finger grow back and then wrapped the golden wire around it. Watching carefully, a smile crept across his face as he saw the finger start to grow into a hand and then slowly an arm. Before long a naked adult male lay in front of Neiden shaking hard with his eyes closed in a deep sleep. Neiden draped a blanket over him softly and smiled.

My son Ordin... I expect great things from you.

Then he draped the golden wire around his son's neck and walked out of the room to allow him to sleep in peace.

Back in his office, Neiden sat down and called out to those waiting outside. His grand masters walked in and sat down across from Neiden, a look of fear and anxiety in their eyes. Neiden thumped the large paper report on his desk and scowled at the officers.
"Be honest with me... Did it ever even occur to you that the heretics could be converted. They were valuable. A lot of them were brilliant. They MADE UP OUR ENTIRE MIDDLE CLASS! Now I know the finer points of economics may not be something you are well versed in but that doesn't exactly bode well for a budding empire.

Neiden took a deep breath and rubbed his temples for a minute before continuing.
"I want everyone in the empire to share the same religion but I didn't want you to jump straight to the whole burning heretics at the stake thing. Furthermore, I've received a direct divine message Neiden gestured up to the heavens, from the Fisher himself saying he doesn't want any more persecution of the heretics. Apparently he is also of the mind that they are better alive than dead when possible. So here's how it's going to work from now on. No more persecution of non dangerous heretics. If they actually pose a threat to society like those blood sacrificing guys, then do what you do best but otherwise leave the harmless ones alone. Oh and of course, because we're now lacking a middle class..." Neiden glared, "I'm going to have to improve the education system so that we can start to recover from that. I want public schools to be opened up. Children go for free but adults have to pay. Make sure the teachers are intelligent, loyal to our empire... and payed well. I want smart citizens but I don't want radical citizens."

Another pause occurred while Neiden flipped through his report reading over the information about the world Aztof.
"I also want you to start looking into this Aztof world. I have no doubt there will be conflict soon between us and them. I don't relish the prospect of the apocalypse and I doubt you do either. Prepare the nation for whatever needs to be done. It's not going to be pretty...
Oh and when you head out, make sure that the leader of the Magi university is sent down to my office. I want to have a word with her too."

When the Magi University leader came in, Neiden was still reading through the huge report on his desk.
"Ah, you've finally arrived. I've got something very important that I want done. Something I want you and the other Magi of the empire to help with. Don't worry it'll be quite lucrative for you all should the project go well. I want a factory built. The greatest factory of all time. A construction that combines both technology and the power of essence. I want it to be a real marvel, the symbol of unity and the empire. I've got all the starting details worked out right here on paper and I want construction to begin immediately."

Neiden cuts off a finger and after it heals with the golden wire, he puts the wire on the cut off finger and uses it to grow a clone which he calls Ordin his son.
The Golden Wire is draped around Ordin's neck.
Ordin is raised to be Neiden's greatest and most loyal follower, a master of combat, strategy, diplomacy and magic should he be gifted with it.
Neiden orders his Enforcers to stop persecuting non dangerous heretics but to continue to do so to heretics who are dangerous to others (such as those blood sacrificing heretics).
The Enforcers are told to continue preparing the empire for conflict, specifically with the world Aztof.
The Enforcers are told to begin construction of schools run by the government for all to take part in.
(Minor Act): Have the Magi under Neiden begin construction of "The Spire of Creation" and the "Great Factory"
(I'm completely okay if that last action takes more than one turn.

(Also if I can't do that whole golden wire clone trick, just let me know and I'll edit it out.)
Edit: Adding slightly more detailed description to the Spire Factory
Edit 2: Spelling
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:20:35 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:19 pm »

He stood up from his mortal ashes, gazing both at the mortals at his feet, and at the Endless Ocean above. Staring down at his hands, his old scales and fur replaced with shimmering azure essence. This is what he wanted. What he needed. What they all needed. Sol Raxxis would no longer be his name. Something else would fit his new title. He would be called Vigil, Lord Protector. A god though he may be, he is nothing if he has no power. What use is a shield if you cannot lift it up to block an incoming blow?

He summons the leaders of the world to his feet by uttering their names. He instructs them to listen carefully to his requests, and warns them of what would happen if the Kalpa were to be fulfilled. He shouts loud enough that the entire planet can hear, but his voice does not hurt their ears, nor deafen them.

"I am Vigil, Lord Protector of the Endless Ocean and of reality. I have been created to protect you, to defend you, to keep this pathetic excuse for a universe alive 'for a moment longer', so that all of you may revel in your vain fantasies 'for a moment longer.'" He inhales and regains his posture.

"This Kalpa will be the end of you. It has been set, and cannot be changed. As far as we know. It is my duty to find a loophole, to find a way to stop the Kalpa or at least find a way to survive it. However, I require aid. I will recruit all who wish to aid me in stopping the Kalpa under me! Fisher, Blessed, Magi, Heretic, Plagued, or Beast, it matters not to me, for I will use you. It matters not to the Ancient, for it will consume you.

Those who decide to serve me will be known as the Vigilites. It is your duty to find ways of possibly surviving, research new ways of fighting beings we thought couldn't exist. You must set aside your mortal vanities and grudges for the greater good of order. Protect the weak, for if you cannot protect those weaker than you, how may you slay those infinitely stronger than you?

If this task sounds too difficult, or too pointless, then you are correct. My entire existence has been both difficult and pointless. I slaughtered innocents, for the sake of culling the weak. I fought the plague, for the sake of the gods who were afraid their beloved playthings would be taken away. I became a god, for the sake of you. But fear not, though I loathe you, I protect you and nothing will change that.

Those who decide to serve me, I salute you. When the universe ends, I will take you inside me, into my personal Elysium, and carry you on to the next universe, where we may yet again strive to end this meaningless cycle of amorality. We will continue doing so until we have slain the Ancient once and for all. But now, I need power. Those who serve, build me a temple, one where people may congregate and be taught of ways to defend themselves from evil-doers, and to discuss ways of stopping the Kalpa. It will be a place of study and research in my name.

Not only will we be closer of ending this, I will be more powerful. Then the next stage of my plans will come into effect, and we will be a step closer of our goals."

Change name to Vigil.
Recruit anyone to serve me and the Ocean as the Vigilites.
Request a temple to be built. Here people will study the Endless Ocean and its mysteries and find ways of possibly ending the Kalpa. It will be in my name, and worship is purely for the sake of giving me power to further protect.

((If you guys want to look at my list of powers that were discussed by me, Weirdsound, and micelus, feel free to ask and I'll post it here. Oh, and if you want to help, jump in. I'm sure you heard me.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2013, 11:02:11 pm »

"Neiden, Aztof may be a world besieged, but I would like to urge you to avoid war, if possible. It is still a world of my children, even if some of them have turned to ways that endanger everyone. This is what your enforcers can deal with, what the brilliance behind it is, Neiden. ...Also, I feel I must warn you of another danger. Once again, other beings predate upon the networlds, taking entire towns in response to the gathering of materials. I'm not sure exactly how much they can do yet, and I believe they're an unintended result of the actions of another god.

Everything is an unintended result, Neiden. Being a god is not an easy thing. ...Neiden, we are powerful, but we have our limits. And I fear, these days, I will be stretched to mine. I will create a temple moon, because I must augment my own power if I am to protect my children, and if I am to protect them when it comes to the end. For- how much have I told you about the kalpa?
"
Psaras turns to Vigil.
"There are two things you must know about being a god. One: We are not omnipotent, Vigil. We are powerful, but we are not all-powerful. I believe you will find we cannot do everything. Two: To whatever you do, there will be a consequence. I believe you will also find that whatever you do will end up accomplishing both what you wanted, sometimes, and what you didn't want.

For you seek to do a lot, and it seems to me that you seek to do it alone. But that's not possible, Vigil. One god cannot do all, for we are not the lords of reality but merely one step higher on the ladder than mortals and ascendants. You'll need to work with us.
"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:39:24 pm by Powder Miner »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »

"Then what do you propose we do, Fisher God? You and the rest have obviously been doing this much longer than I."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2013, 11:14:45 pm »

"Your actions currently are wise. I merely ask you to consider us if you need aid. ...At the moment, we're still learning from our own mistakes, and I cannot tell you everything."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2013, 11:37:48 pm »

I will attempt to go about things as peacefully as possible. But frankly given that they worship an entity seeking to end all things... Well, I'll do my best.

Neiden was thoughtful for a moment.

You haven't really told me about the kalpa. I assumed you wanted to me to find out these things of my own accord and through the gifts you have bestowed upon me.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2013, 11:46:36 pm »

"Your actions currently are wise. I merely ask you to consider us if you need aid. ...At the moment, we're still learning from our own mistakes, and I cannot tell you everything."

"Very well. I will keep you and the other gods in mind."
Dying of laughter?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2013, 08:48:07 am »

"Mortals, mages, mighty ascendants.... the lines are getting blurry all the time. How about we help them out a little? Hah hah ha!"

The energies swilled around the form of the Trickster, forming themselves into a black tome of mighty size, bound by ancient leather and iron. Inside, he penned the secrets he knew, runes he invented, recipes he forced upon the universe to accept and execute. A pinch of mortal magic was added to the mix and in the end, a glimpse of divine mind. Oh yes, the chances to attain divine were suddenly so much closer, but they were also at a cost.

Illudius creates The Book of Seven Secrets - A Necronomicon if it was written by a god of tricks. The book is full of dark rituals, secrets and mysterious knowledge, it allows wizards to tap into the deepest spells, curses and effects, with a random and hidden chance of horrible backfire. The book feeds off the power of the mage that uses its rituals and provides power to Illudius whenever ritual or spell is cast. The book also contains instructions for construction of an inter-world portal to connect any world in the universe, with strongest bonds between three main worlds. The portals also have hidden and random chance of transporting the user to the Laughing moon. Its always a one way trip.

The Book is dropped inconspicuously to be found by one of the mages in the magocracies.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:13:03 pm by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17