Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 20778 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:09 am »

((...We can do that?!?))
EDIT:
If needed, spend 1 Act to try and claim Urdas as a Font. Spend another as well, if it is needed for me claim the font instead.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:35:07 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:01 pm »

Zzdwi... I need you to stop (order) destroying and changing mortals for now, revert your process on those two and find the town, when there's a town there's almost always mortals.

The divine orders hummed through the gauntlets, writing themselves indelibly into what passed for Zzdwi's mind.  No destroying mortals.  No changing mortals.  Revert the changed mortals.  Find a town.  The commands strained against Zzdwi's nature, ugly and inelegant things, but the gauntlets demanded compliance.

Zzdwi returned to the two trees, swaying and keening gently in the breeze.  The gauntlets allowed Zzdwi an enhanced form of the Liram-Kin flesh-shaping, but even they had limitations.  Zzdwi could certainly reshape the trees into Child form, but certain necessary information was lost since the original transformation.

When its work was done, two blank-eyed Children superficially resembling Beren and Shandra stood before the creature.  Mindless automatons, of a sort.  Did the gauntlet's capacity for commanding the reanimated dead extend to these things?  Or perhaps its power to confer animation?  Zzdwi decided to test, by commanding the rebuild Children to go out into the world and fetch it art materials; but nothing alive or left alive.

This done, Zzdwi followed Liram's next command and sought out a town.  It hardly took long to find one, an ugly and disordered thing.  So much that could be done to make it beautiful.  Zzdwi considered his limitations, then acted.  He could not destroy the mortals, nor could he change them.

Action (Xavrax): Zzdwi draws the animation out of the inhabitants of the town, turning them into living statues - unchanged and undestroyed.  He then manually arranges them into a series of aesthetically pleasing poses.

Action (Xavrax): Likewise, the town's buildings and structures are improved and reshaped into more impressive and pleasing designs, thanks to the Xavrax's stone shaping capacity.

Quote from: Zzdwi's permanent orders
1. No destroying mortals.
2. No changing mortals.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2013, 03:07:38 pm »

Feros saw the reaction of the one called Neiden, and he roared in silence. this was not the argument of one seeking agreement or treaty, but one seeking to justify himself to himself. But it mattered not. Feros had laid down his terms, and he would follow them to the end.

He then turned to Psaras.
'I admire your spirit Brother, but I fear it in vain. My wrath is not directed against you but at the mortal who seeks to expand. Surely you see that wilderness has no meaning if it can be set aside and ignored? Regardless, I promise you that I will not harm your Children myself, only reinforce the teeth and claws of those they seek to suppress. If they win through my ordeals, they grow stronger, more able, more powerful. Capable of holding back forces worse than those of nature, such as the Plague or the threats of the newcomer gods. But no stasis will be reached. To be still is to perish, as I have seen before. But for now, I extend the peace of the pack. Between us, if not our people.'

Feros quietened then, pondering the earlier words of Teskort. It burned against his very nature to do such a thing. But perhaps if he could make it such that it did not affect the balance..... A glimmer of fire appeared back in eyes that were on the edge of giving up hope in the battle between his ideals and his preservation. A haven. For the diseased, the infected. A world of peace for them, and a world of peace for nature. And as for the site - the dead photosphere. What could be more fitting?

Act (2 if needed): Feros seeds the dead photosphere with all manner of non-sentient infected life. He speaks with those sentient beings who are infected throughout most of the worlds, offering them a choice - peace on the plaguesphere, as it could come to be known, or conflict outside of it. If they agree to come to the plaguesphere he moves them there. He also commands the Wildlings never to return to the dead photosphere.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2013, 05:17:25 pm »

Sol Raxxis commanded his ship towards the last place the dead photosphere was last sighted. He wanted to know what could have happened to his brothers. What could have slaughtered such a proud race. His eyes burned with anger, literally and metaphorically.

When his Plaguebreaker finally arrived at the dead photosphere, he saw a sight far worse than what he had expected. Not only was it dead, it was filled with the Plague. They had done this. He ordered his Wildlings to prepare for attack.

As they launched towards the dead photosphere, they found that there was a barrier preventing them from getting closer. Even Sol found it impossible to breach. Fearing death in the cold ocean, they bitterly retreated back into the Plaguebreaker.

Once on board, Sol entered his meditation chamber, a room in the center of the Photosphere. He called out to the Sunfather for help.

"Sunfather! I implore you! The damned Plague has slaughtered my brethren and invaded the Photosphere. Aid me in breaking the barrier, and help me be rid of the Plague!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »

Zzdwi that's not what I meant... Please return the animation back to their rightful owners. I know this is against our way, but to get closer to our ways is to go like this. (Order.)

Action : Allow Xavrax Quotix to let(The knowledge in Lirams library ability.) Zzdwi know why doing this kinda shit to non enemies is bad, and how it hurts Liram's Relations in the universe forcing him from progessing. (Order.)

I must also deal with these other people who are unfortunate to have been twisted rather than uplifted. This is how Liram will spread magic through all mortals blood.

ACT: Revive the brains with same everything, putting their old souls in, and enhancing with magical abilities (Basic use a of a very weak essence subistitute that is only useable in the eyes of a mortal.) that are transferred through reproduction and send them to a networld where they will ascend through the ranks with their new abilities.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:15:11 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45:00 am »

Zzdwi that's not what I meant... Please return the animation back to their rightful owners. I know this is against our way, but to get closer to our ways is to go like this. (Order.)

Action : Allow Xavrax Quotix to let(The knowledge in Lirams library ability.) Zzdwi know why doing this kinda shit to non enemies is bad, and how it hurts Liram's Relations in the universe forcing him from progessing. (Order.)

I must also deal with these other people who are unfortunate to have been twisted rather than uplifted. This is how Liram will spread magic through all mortals blood.

ACT: Revive the brains with same everything, putting their old souls in, and enhancing with magical abilities (Basic use a of a very weak essence subistitute that is only useable in the eyes of a mortal.) that are transferred through reproduction and send them to a networld where they will ascend through the ranks with their new abilities.

Children.  Messy, chaotic Children.  Yet the voice within compelled obedience.  The gauntlets put thoughts into Zzdwi's mind, explanations as to the politics of the divine, to why affecting neutral parties was wrong.  Zzdwi did not care, but it was a slave and slaves must do as told.

Mortal responses were as expected once unfrozen; panic and violence.  They came at Zzdwi with fire and weapons, but were simply outclassed by the powers of the Xavrax.  Yet Liram's commands were clear; no change or destruction.  Zzdwi shaped prisons of rock around their bodies, leaving the heads exposed because regrettably, death qualified as a form of change.

So much interference.  So many distractions.  Yet the commands laid out by the god prevented Zzdwi from acting freely.  What if instead it had agents to do so in its stead?  With this in mind, Zzdwi released a Child.  He attacked it immediately, but Zzdwi easily caught the Child's sword in its branches.  It tore the blade from the Child's grasp and drew it into the quivering mass of its body.  A moment later it drew the blade back out again and presented it to the child.

The sword was brighter than before, its design sleeker and the blade sharper.  Etched into the blade were intricate floral designs, while the wooden hilt had been transformed into the shape of a fanciful nymph.  Somehow, it had been polished and varnished.  Drawing on the knowledge stored in the gauntlets, Zzdwi spoke to the Child.  Its voice was shaky, reminiscent of the rustling of leaves.

Beauty make.  You desire?  Can create more, give to you.  Only help.  Bring plants.  Bring meat, killed fresh.  Bring anything fine, shall reward.  Can make you rich, rich beyond dream.  Can give you weapon, give you power.  Only help.  Help build temple.  Help build beauty.

Zzdwi unfreezes the town of Children, imprisoning those that attack it in stone.  It presents them with an opportunity; bring it materials in exchange for weapons, fine goods and art objects of its own creation.  More valuable prizes, or even freshly killed mortals, are especially well rewarded.

Minor Act: With the aid of the Children or without, begin work on a Grand Temple, set out as below.

Quote from: The Grand Temple
Zzdwi's intended opus is a Grand Temple, the size of a city and built from vegetable, animal, mineral and ambral life.  Gathering together freshly killed (and therefore still living on a cellular level) meat, gathering plants, gathering minerals and gathering the bodies of dead Liram-Kin (for Liram's prohibition prevents the use of live ones), Zzdwi plans to combine each and all to create a living citadel temple.  With stone towers, living walls and doors, canopies of leaves to feed it from spherelight and twisted skeins of essence to light it within, it shall be a thing of beauty and magnificence.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:50:52 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2013, 12:27:41 pm »

"Sunfather! I implore you! The damned Plague has slaughtered my brethren and invaded the Photosphere. Aid me in breaking the barrier, and help me be rid of the Plague!"
'This barrier is my doing. It has become clear that tooth and claw alone cannot halt the Plague. So instead I seek to contain it. In a place where no taintless life should set foot again. The plague will still hide elsewhere, in corners unknown, and it is still your task to find and purge these corners. But when they are clean, this Plaguesphere shall remain, a wilderness of taint, unable to pollute the true wilds. A world within a world. I do this so that you shall be free, my child. So that you may feel once more the thrill of life itself, without bond or chain. I have no further task for you, only this gift. You have a freedom no race will ever know, and soon no more obligations to fulfill. Run with your pack, find yourself a mate. Live and die as you see fit. Such are the wilds. Such, now, are you.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »

Teskort looks to the Networlds, and begins to swirl a hoof through the seas nearby. "A new beast is in order. One that will peacefully co-exist with the children, but contain them should their ambitions run too hot. A beast to hijack the symbolic potency that the networlds bring, the potency that makes brother Psaras a target! A beast to perhaps check the actions of the new gods! A beast to build new ecosystems in which future beasts can live!"

Act: Teskort creates the Netminder Spiders, large amphibious arachnids that live among the nets above the networlds. The Netminder spiders can weave webs of both silk and the anti-plauge material the nets are made from. They can quickly rappel down from the nets to the surface of the world on silk threads. The Netminder Spiders substain themselves by trapping fish, which they kill and digest with poisonous fangs. The Netminder Spiders are sentient but rather stupid and primitive. They are marked with antlers. They support populations of the Children who choose to live in a more simple fashion by providing them with gifts of silk clothing and nets. They work together to trap vessels looking to bring high technology or large military forces away from the networlds where they belong. Over the years their webs will grow and stack upon themselves and turn the nets into great reefs of silk and net matter in which all sorts of life can flourish.

The Beast Father then speaks to his followers in turn.

First to the Plague Bearers and the Plague Fish:
"A new world is being constructed by the Sunfather, where the Plague will be allowed to rule unhindered by the gods who normally meddle with it! There is only one Plague World to inherit, however, and your races hate each other with too much venom to share it. Survival of the fittest will determine who obtains the prize...

Plague Fish, drop all other obligations and slaughter the Plague Bearers in my name! Plague Bearers, drop all other obligations and slaughter the the Plague fish in my name! Let each fallen beast know that his death makes me stronger! Do not hide from your foes! A prolonged conflict harms creation, so kill or die quickly... To the winner goes salvation and power, to the loser goes extinction, and to all goes my goodwill and love!"

Next he turns his attention to the Elder Penguins:
"Nurture this conflict I have just seeded. Encourage each side to fight without cowardice, so that one may go extinct quickly. Travel with the combatants, and make proper blood offerings out of the wounded, dying, and dead, so that I may benefit from this clean up effort...

Also, you now have my permission to walk and swim among the Wildlings and the Fisher's children, so that you may share with them your wisdom. I think it is unlikely that I will ever quarrel too aggressively with either Feros or Psaras, so we can help them get the most out of their followers and draw more essence, so that they too may be better prepared to face the end of things."

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2013, 05:20:01 pm »

Zzwdi, I would like to spread my name to all those in the village that will listen and worship me, this is a order. Though you don't have to kill those who will not at least partially worship me. Infact DONT kill them. (Order)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:24:59 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2013, 03:15:10 am »

As per the given order, Zzdwi communicates the following message to the villagers.

Come listen.  One called Liram.  God.  Powerful.  Seeks worship.  Enslaved me.  Wants your service too.  Ordered me not kill those who worship him.  Your choice.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:20 am »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:36:24 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2013, 06:34:21 am »

((504 Error))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2013, 07:28:09 am »

'This barrier is my doing. It has become clear that tooth and claw alone cannot halt the Plague. So instead I seek to contain it. In a place where no taintless life should set foot again. The plague will still hide elsewhere, in corners unknown, and it is still your task to find and purge these corners. But when they are clean, this Plaguesphere shall remain, a wilderness of taint, unable to pollute the true wilds. A world within a world. I do this so that you shall be free, my child. So that you may feel once more the thrill of life itself, without bond or chain. I have no further task for you, only this gift. You have a freedom no race will ever know, and soon no more obligations to fulfill. Run with your pack, find yourself a mate. Live and die as you see fit. Such are the wilds. Such, now, are you.'
"After all my brothers have done for you, the second they disappear you fill their homes with their enemies and do not even bat an eye as to what happened to them?" Sol growled under his breath. "Fine! You give me the right to live and die as I see fit? I will find why my brothers have disappeared. I will make whoever caused it to pay, whether they did so intentionally or not!"

Search for clues as to why the Wildlings vanished. Search ancient books and look for clues on worlds where the dead photosphere was near.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2013, 12:28:55 pm »

"After all my brothers have done for you, the second they disappear you fill their homes with their enemies and do not even bat an eye as to what happened to them?" Sol growled under his breath. "Fine! You give me the right to live and die as I see fit? I will find why my brothers have disappeared. I will make whoever caused it to pay, whether they did so intentionally or not!"

Search for clues as to why the Wildlings vanished. Search ancient books and look for clues on worlds where the dead photosphere was near.
'I know what happened to them. The Kalpa happened to them. The walls of this world are growing weaker, and as they crumble they bring destruction with them. I place our enemies there out of respect for the sacrifice they have made. Free, they cannot be slain. Imprisoned, they need not be. I seal away the force of chaos so that nature may survive but a moment longer. Go about your quest if you so desire. Or perhaps heed my words. Life will fall eventually, and that time is drawing ever closer. Take it whilst it lasts, and worry not over vengeance.'

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2013, 07:20:54 pm »

'I know what happened to them. The Kalpa happened to them. The walls of this world are growing weaker, and as they crumble they bring destruction with them. I place our enemies there out of respect for the sacrifice they have made. Free, they cannot be slain. Imprisoned, they need not be. I seal away the force of chaos so that nature may survive but a moment longer. Go about your quest if you so desire. Or perhaps heed my words. Life will fall eventually, and that time is drawing ever closer. Take it whilst it lasts, and worry not over vengeance.'
"If it will all end, then what was the point? What was the point of us having to hunt the Ones Below? What was the point of the Plague? Why do you wish for nature to live a 'moment' longer? Wouldn't it just cause them a moment more of having to endure the pointless fighting?

I will stop this 'Kalpa'. I will bring meaning to this useless universe. Sunfather, as my last request from you, after my eons of service and in the name of the thousands of Wildlings that have died, help me gain the power needed to stop the Kalpa. Tell me where I can gain such power. I will make so that nothing shall ever die for no reason again!"
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17