Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 20726 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity (Two Ascendents Available!)
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2013, 02:48:44 pm »

How would you suggest we stop the plague and bloodshed?
Crack-a-lack-a

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »

"As to the first, We have developed a counteragent--a symbiote which purges all traces of the Plague from an organism's systems, leaving it healthier overall. We would appreciate aid in spreading it.

"And the bloodshed...some bloodshed is inevitable, healthy even."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

'If you would make such a germ.... I have the ideal carriers.'

Feros grinned.

'No Plague can limit the spread of the light.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »

"As to the first, We have developed a counteragent--a symbiote which purges all traces of the Plague from an organism's systems, leaving it healthier overall. We would appreciate aid in spreading it.

Feros grinned.

Teskort shakes his head. "Even if I agreed that the plague needs to go, introducing and spreading a cure would be an exercise in futility. Namq'ua would just make new disease to replace the old. It would be an endless cycle that would accomplish nothing other than drawing the universe closer to that decay you claim to despise Feros. If you must act against the plauge, first act against the source."

"I would like to start by stating that I believe you are wrong. If anything will bring us down, it's not merely our actions being on one end or another, nor is it change. It's the blood, the chaos, and the death that our actions create as such. It's not as if the universe cares whether we all agree, it's the result of our actions.

And if we stop acting altogether on this, it won't solve anything. We're NOT the only beings who matter, who can change things. You see, the mortals can as well. My children can. Your children can. And they will. You see, they're in a war, and this war is causing blood, death, and chaos. If we sit back and don't involve ourselves, I say it'll be worse.

Let me explain: Last time my Children went without input from me for an extended amount of time... they fell into darkness. I'm still trying to rectify this. The Plague on its very own has caused them to kill. The blood has continued, and will continue to flow if we don't act on our conflict. Except that the mortals will kill each other to the last.

And I refuse to let that happen. As such, I must refuse to sign this pact.

I have recently been doing what I can to stop the misery, the death, and the bloodshed. I can only hope you will too.
"

"You over simplify things. Just as mortals can make war, mortals can make peace. Just as we sit down and try to talk this out, so can they. The only difference between us and them, is that they will tire of conflict quicker. You can't ask for a world without bloodshed. I'm sure even Feros the misguided would claim such a place to be unnatural. As long as their is life, there is no purity. Trying to fix things beyond a certain point just causes more trouble."

The Father of Beasts throws his forelegs into the air in exasperation. "It is clear we are getting nowhere. You two insist on fighting a war that cannot be won. I give up! This universe is clearly doomed. From here on out, I must look out for the intrests of myself and my children, and hope that I can secure survival for us when the lights go out. For now I must draw power..."

Act: Teskort creates the Elder Penguin, a race of benevolent birds who can fly through the endless ocean. They build their secluded nests only in places of great natural beauty. The Elder Penguin have a natural understanding of divine lore and mechanics. They wander the universe as wise men, trying to lead people to a more simple lifestyle and the worship of Teskort through acts of kindness and mercy. They help existing Teskort worshipers worship in a manner that more efficiently delivers essence to their god. Like all of Teskorts creations, The Elder Penguins have antlers.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2013, 04:16:32 pm »

I'm still recharging my power but I have a idea to combat the plague, its going to be in spiritual world so its best I make it to prevent my kin from messing with them.
Crack-a-lack-a

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »

Feros grinned.

Teskort shakes his head. "Even if I agreed that the plague needs to go, introducing and spreading a cure would be an exercise in futility. Namq'ua would just make new disease to replace the old. It would be an endless cycle that would accomplish nothing other than drawing the universe closer to that decay you claim to despise Feros. If you must act against the plauge, first act against the source."
"We do what We can."

"You over simplify things. Just as mortals can make war, mortals can make peace. Just as we sit down and try to talk this out, so can they. The only difference between us and them, is that they will tire of conflict quicker. You can't ask for a world without bloodshed. I'm sure even Feros the misguided would claim such a place to be unnatural. As long as their is life, there is no purity. Trying to fix things beyond a certain point just causes more trouble."
"Mortals cannot make peace if they are all dead."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2013, 04:50:11 pm »

'For a god of beasts you know little. Like the Kalpa itself, endless cycles are the way of things. Some survive, others do not. All fight. If the Pestilence brings another Plague, I will fight it just the same. This scheming and planning is as impure as a bloodless plane. And whilst the cycle will hasten the end, so will the destruction of the source. It is a dark choice.'

Feros then speaks to all but Nam'qa:
'Teskort, you speak of the death of the source. Would you aid in such an act, or do you speak out of turn? The same question extends to all the others here.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2013, 04:51:46 pm »

I'm not sure, I will help but we must be careful about destroying the universe's stability by the death of a god.(To everyone but Namq'ua of course.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:55:30 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

'I fear it is the easiest way to restore stability, and also leave us better armed against our ends.'

Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2013, 04:57:39 pm »

"This may shock you... but I do not believe we should attempt to kill another god. It's a sign of the greatest chaos when we attempt to end one another, and it's bloodshed almost beyond the mortal level."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »

'Teskort, you speak of the death of the source. Would you aid in such an act, or do you speak out of turn? The same question extends to all the others here.'
"His death would be good, but We fear We would be unable to aid in such."
Sig

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2013, 05:10:07 pm »

I fear it would require at least a act from all parties, I would be happy to oblige.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:14:23 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2013, 05:23:07 pm »

'For a god of beasts you know little. Like the Kalpa itself, endless cycles are the way of things. Some survive, others do not. All fight. If the Pestilence brings another Plague, I will fight it just the same. This scheming and planning is as impure as a bloodless plane. And whilst the cycle will hasten the end, so will the destruction of the source. It is a dark choice.'

"Not in a cowardly way like this. You speak against scheming and planning, and then attempt to take down an enemy in a secret meeting? Just when you say something I agree with, you counteract it with your actions... But if the deed is carried out with some degree of honor, and it allows the Fisher God to back away from his dangerous march to industrialization, I would consider assisting."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

"Not in a cowardly way like this. You speak against scheming and planning, and then attempt to take down an enemy in a secret meeting? Just when you say something I agree with, you counteract it with your actions... But if the deed is carried out with some degree of honor, and it allows the Fisher God to back away from his dangerous march to industrialization, I would consider assisting."
'He knows of my deliberation in the matter. That is warning enough. The confrontation will be direct if it comes, although I believe I know how to kill him without altering the balance of power. But that will come in time, which i fear we do not have.'

Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »

"...Industrialization is not merely a knee-jerk reaction, Teskort. I'm not a god of nature, and I never really will be- I simply want what's best for my people. I mean, that's not to say I won't be checking damage to the environment, but... "
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17