Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread  (Read 24004 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e] Birth of Oblivion- A Disreputable Game Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2013, 03:21:10 am »

Genesis shakes his head is dismay and disgust. "I am very sorry, but I do not speak Drunkard. Note that you will be getting half grog rations for a week."
I don't drink anyway. I am, however, going to go dunk my head in a bucket of water.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2013, 03:27:31 am »

"That sounds like an excellent plan. Return when you are done and then you can coherently explain to me why you were more acting like you had had one too many."

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2013, 03:38:03 am »

"That sounds like an excellent plan. Return when you are done and then you can coherently explain to me why you were more acting like you had had one too many."
Blulubububub. Anyway. I was napping under the ship, and when AI got up I realized that Ishould probably be on board, so I surfaced a bit too quickly. What happens then is your blood starts to bubble, which isn't good, I can tell you.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2013, 03:41:16 am »

"Fair enough. Consider the grog order waived. Carry on."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2013, 09:21:06 am »

Yes, actually. Is that a tissue?
((Dammit, stop summoning demons!))

Sorry, iss revess nitrogen-n'cosis.  Gimme a minjit, I'll be fine.
((Um...remind me, how was he breathing underwater again?))

The Hobgoblin nods, and offers his tankard to the Boson. "People will be already hunting us cause we be pirates. Servants of the divine sent ta hunt our asses will likely be either clerics or otherworldly beings associated with the god we offended: predictable and easily prepared for."
"Our ship would be attracting more individuals than typical, and ones with greater access to mystical powers. Spellcasters, arcane or divine, would make a great difference in any such battle...especially if they utilize pyromantic incantations. Fire spells," he explains.

Slicer puts his feet up on his table and pours a tankard for the Darfellan. "Tell ya what, ya can worry 'bout the plans once Surrah and Raiss come up with them. I understand your concern, and will carefully consider any advice ya give on a specific plan, but worrying 'bout vague potential be doing nobody any good at this stage of the operation."
"On the contrary, my worrying performs a great deal of good if it prevents us from journeying down a dangerous path."

On that note, there is no point for any of you to get the crew worried 'bout this. Ya two can ask the other officers for help, feedback, and advice, but I'd rather ya keep the rank 'n file crewmen in the dark. If ya need ta get some of em involved in planning or research, ask Genesis to do a through search of their heads fo' disloyalty first."
Kre!aqil nods, not particularly mollified.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2013, 10:47:29 am »

Quote from: My Name is Immaterial link=topic=133351.msg4800127#msg4800127 date=1385797126
<[color=darkorchid
Fair enough. It is rather difficult to interpret tone through mindlink, unless you explicitly transmit it.[/color]> With that, Genesis beams pure boredom across the connection.

"I am not a man who plays with blades, but I can admire skill with them all the same. I prefer the power labeled Energy Bolt. Allows me to deal with anyone within forty paces. Not to mention, I can blow a hole in the side of ship with it. That, or Crisis of Breath. The brain stops telling the lungs to breath, so a weak-bodied man can be easily brought to his knees. All is left is to finish him off." He hefts his quarterstaff, and his gaze drifts to it. "I've no particular skill with this. It's just for when I am mentally exhausted. Call it my badge of office."

<Aye. I find little time for the divine. I make myself the servant one thing, but I think you can guess what that is. After all, we have spent the last ten minutes discussing it.> Genesis chuckles, opening his left hand. A small crystal with spindly gossamer legs crawls out of his sleeve, climbing to perch on his fingers. From the top, it appears to be a sphere, but the bottom reveals it to be split in half, with the inside full of crystals reaching for the center. It is a vibrant red, not dissimilar to Genesis's hair coloration, but with splashes of green and gray.
"Meet 'Mini-me, number 2'. I would take him over any familiar."
In Seldain's mind, a new voice appears. It sounds like a distorted version of Genesis's, but permanently fixed in a cheerful tone. <Hello, Seldain! How are you? I am very excited to meet you! I think that we, with time, hopefully a very short time, can become good friends!>

<I understand that, I merely would prefer to mislead you wherever possible. Hold over from my youth, you understand? It's a hard habit to break.>

Seldain hisses softly, and replies, "I dearly would like to see you fight someone with that quarterstaff, psion. 'Twould be quite the sight to see, methinks." Simultaneously, he thinks, <Nice to meet you, small crystalline creature. I'm not exactly in the market for friends, no offense. What do you... Do? I assume you are some sort of psionic familiar? Some strange creature I've never encountered yet before, perhaps?>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2013, 02:01:26 pm »

Yes, actually. Is that a tissue?
((Dammit, stop summoning demons!))

Sorry, iss revess nitrogen-n'cosis.  Gimme a minjit, I'll be fine.
((Um...remind me, how was he breathing underwater again?))

The Hobgoblin nods, and offers his tankard to the Boson. "People will be already hunting us cause we be pirates. Servants of the divine sent ta hunt our asses will likely be either clerics or otherworldly beings associated with the god we offended: predictable and easily prepared for."
"Our ship would be attracting more individuals than typical, and ones with greater access to mystical powers. Spellcasters, arcane or divine, would make a great difference in any such battle...especially if they utilize pyromantic incantations. Fire spells," he explains.

Slicer puts his feet up on his table and pours a tankard for the Darfellan. "Tell ya what, ya can worry 'bout the plans once Surrah and Raiss come up with them. I understand your concern, and will carefully consider any advice ya give on a specific plan, but worrying 'bout vague potential be doing nobody any good at this stage of the operation."
"On the contrary, my worrying performs a great deal of good if it prevents us from journeying down a dangerous path."

On that note, there is no point for any of you to get the crew worried 'bout this. Ya two can ask the other officers for help, feedback, and advice, but I'd rather ya keep the rank 'n file crewmen in the dark. If ya need ta get some of em involved in planning or research, ask Genesis to do a through search of their heads fo' disloyalty first."
Kre!aqil nods, not particularly mollified.
I'm an aquatic human, using the aquatic breath feat to breath air.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2013, 02:13:43 pm »

-snip-

<I understand that, I merely would prefer to mislead you wherever possible. Hold over from my youth, you understand? It's a hard habit to break.>

Seldain hisses softly, and replies, "I dearly would like to see you fight someone with that quarterstaff, psion. 'Twould be quite the sight to see, methinks." Simultaneously, he thinks, <Nice to meet you, small crystalline creature. I'm not exactly in the market for friends, no offense. What do you... Do? I assume you are some sort of psionic familiar? Some strange creature I've never encountered yet before, perhaps?>
<Understandable. Racial tendencies are hard to overcome.>

"Oh, I bet you would. However, the chance of that is about as fat as a well off lard merchant."

<It is great to meet you too! Are you sure you don't want to be friends? What do I do? I am a psi-crystal, an fragmented embodiment of my creator's personality. I represent his single-mindedness and his friendliness! I can do a number of things, including telepathic speech in any language and providing help to my creator.>

((That misplaced 'an' was on purpose; Number 2 only has an Int of 9, so small grammatical errors are to be expected.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »

((Time skip? Time skip. :P ))

"I doubt even you could toss about your mighty mind all day. The most magnificent of wizard still needs to rest every so often, after all, and if your powers were not limited in a similar fashion, then more courts might employ psions. The day might come when you will be forced to battle with your pretty stick. Don't worry, I'll be rooting for you." Seldain winks roguishly. ((Roguishly does NOT look right but spellcheck told me it was. :/ ))

<Fascinating. Tell me, psicrystal, if you were destroyed, would it harm your master, as the death of a familiar wounds a wizard? Or are you... Expendable to him?>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2013, 02:47:42 pm »

"I doubt even you could toss about your mighty mind all day. The most magnificent of wizard still needs to rest every so often, after all, and if your powers were not limited in a similar fashion, then more courts might employ psions. The day might come when you will be forced to battle with your pretty stick. Don't worry, I'll be rooting for you." Seldain winks roguishly. ((Roguishly does NOT look right but spellcheck told me it was. :/ ))

<Fascinating. Tell me, psicrystal, if you were destroyed, would it harm your master, as the death of a familiar wounds a wizard? Or are you... Expendable to him?>
((Hold on, I've got to take some time for writing for that. In the meantime:))

After a few hours of sailing, around dusk, you hear a faint howl of wind. It sounds as though a storm approaches...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2013, 03:21:14 pm »

"The day when I am unable to manifest any powers is the day that I turn heel and run for my life in the direction of the ally that has the most fight left in them."

<While I don't exactly like where this conversation is going, no, my destruction would only serve to piss him off. So if you break me, you better hand over 100 gold pieces very quick.>

((After timeskip, the mindlink will have worn off, but Number Two always has his telepathy active.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2013, 03:53:55 pm »

(Would it be a survival or Profession: Sailor to get a more detailed forecast?)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »

(Would it be a survival or Profession: Sailor to get a more detailed forecast?)
Either.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »

---
After Time Skip

Slicer stands at the wheel, lost deep in thought. Today he had learned that the world could be ending; This did not please him. If preventing such a calamity was beyond his abilities, then he would at least have to complete his revenge before the curtain fell.

Despite his unease, the Hobgoblin doesn't doubt for a minute that he would not go quietly. He had a ship now, and a group of officers who were for the most part competent, loyal, and intelligent. Ambition ran high aboard The Oblivion, and that made the ship special. If he could keep everybody working together, yet independently enough to reach their full individual potentials, his ship would accomplish great things.

A sound reaches Slicer's ears: A violent wind. Slicer briefly turns his gaze skyward to check the clouds before closing his eyes to listen more closely. He had spent all his life living on the coast or aboard some sort of vessel, and could generally tell what sort of tricks the winds and waves were planning. Slicer ponders the forecast briefly, before calling over a few nearby crewman to see if they have reached the same weather report as he.

Slicer's Profession Sailor Check: d20=8. 8+10 = 18.
Slicer also asks a few crew-members what they think of the weather.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:43:53 pm by Weirdsound »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2013, 08:17:51 pm »

<While I don't exactly like where this conversation is going, no, my destruction would only serve to piss him off. So if you break me, you better hand over 100 gold pieces very quick.>

Seldain smirks, <I never had any intention of destroying you to injure your master. If I had wished him harm, I would simply wait until he slept soundly, and drive my blade through one of a great many vital parts of his anatomy. Probably his brain, because that's definitely the most dangerous part of him. As I said though, I did not mean him or you harm, and probably won't any time in the near future. I'm merely the curious sort.>

---
After Time Skip

A sound reaches Slicer's ears: A violent wind. Slicer briefly turns his gaze skyward to check the clouds before closing his eyes to listen more closely. He had spent all his life living on the coast or aboard some sort of vessel, and could generally tell what sort of tricks the winds and waves were planning. Slicer ponders the forecast briefly, before calling over a few nearby crewman to see if they have reached the same weather report as he.

Slicer's Profession Sailor Check: d20=8. 8+10 = 18.
Slicer also asks a few crew-members what they think of the weather.

((Sadly Seldain does not have Sailor or Survival as skills yet, so I won't roll to see if I can get an accurate weather forecast.))

Seldain sniffs at the air, and shrugs as the others murmur amongst themselves. "I'm not an expert, Captain, but it smells like rain to me. Make of that what you will."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24