Option 2
- 11 (33.3%)
Option 3
- 5 (15.2%)
Option 4
- 10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134

Author Topic: The Derail Games: A game of Awesome Chess.  (Read 168031 times)

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Mastahcheese's Brainstorming and Derail Thread
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »

Accept Zans deal. Also, do you want pretty stones, Zan?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2013, 09:11:30 pm »

Also, do you want pretty stones, Zan?

Only reason I care about tin is because it makes bronze, which is slightly stronger than iron.  I'll get back to you on those stones when you identify them.

Deal with Zany:
Tin? Our smiths don't know what tin IS. How about Horsies? Do you like Horsies? I like horsies.

Mutual Protection is agreed to.

Get them trained enough for easy conversion from usage by your forces to usage by my forces, and we'll talk.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2013, 09:18:24 pm »

Gather biomass.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2013, 10:12:56 pm »

Trek over to those brown squares over to the left, what are they?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2013, 07:32:00 am »

Mastahcheese, you now have people bumping the games that spawned as derails to your games.
Congrats.

BUMP
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2013, 12:44:11 am »

Mastahcheese, you now have people bumping the games that spawned as derails to your games.
Congrats.

BUMP
I'd say I don't know how it got to this point, but really I should have seen this coming.
I'm like some kind of derail magnet.

In other news, I have become rather ill as of late, so I won't be updating my games, or otherwise be doing anything requiring more intellect than that of a tuna.
The Derail Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2013, 01:02:30 am »

Congrats.

BUMP
I'd say I don't know how it got to this point, but really I should have seen this coming.

In other news, I have become rather ill as of late, so I won't be updating my games, or otherwise be doing anything requiring more intellect than that of a tuna.
update get well soon!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2013, 01:15:44 am »

Congrats.

BUMP

Get well soon!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2013, 01:18:05 am »

Congrats.

BUMP

Get well soon!
Hope you get better soon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2013, 01:37:43 am »

Here, have a ring of +3 to Immune System.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2013, 02:02:20 am »

Here, have a ring of +3 to Immune System.
I'm trying to think of a witty response to this, but my INT has taken too high a hit.

Thanks, you guys, I'm going to sleep now.
The Derail Thread

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2013, 05:36:58 am »

DO WHAT YOU WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE: NO-ONE READS THESE TITLES!

Use metals to make even better mining technology.
Begin construction of gigantic metal war machine.
You devise extra techniques for mining, involving chisel-cracking and reinforcing props. You have some seriously deep and large mines now. The colonists are enthusiastic about the machine, and forge a crude cradle of struts and supports to hold the frame in progress.

Send my ship with a few traders and goods to Highmax's settlement, including refined ores, it will not enter the river water. Check for magic potential in colonists, including me.
Your ship arrives at highmax's. More on that later. You enlist your Spiritual Adviser for help checking whether any of your colonists have secret talents for wondrous acts. Testing is going well, extensive regimenting for all colonists, until about a week in, when he is found floating in a water-butt. The lack of head is a clear sign that this was not an accident.

Propose/request that Zanzetkun leave one or two of his smiths in our lands, to train our smiths, in return for meats and logs.
Continue work on expanding around the lake.
Begin Fishing efforts in the lake.
MOAR HORSIES. AND MORE HORSE BREEDING.

You talk to the visitors and offer them meat, logs, and horses. They don't particularly look thrilled at the first two, but they say that if you can find tin, they'll swap a metalsmith for tin and metal. They react much more favorably to the offers of horses, stating that if you can train them, they'll take 'em. You build a corral and get to work on training horses.
You fell many, many trees around the lake, building an impressive stockpile of wood. The lake isn't exactly teeming with fish, but a steady supply is coming in for consumption and salting. You track down more horses and corral them. No idea if your eugenics program will work for months yet.

(Where are my roads?  You forgot to include them.)

Reorganize the mage division as a technological research division.  Have them research Greek Fire.
Expand the population.
Expand Farming.
Expand Mining.
Expand territory along the river.
Order the construction of Ballistae, mount two on each boat and four on each fortress.
Begin copper smithing.  Focus primarily on tools and ballista bolts designed in a way that they could be lit on fire.
Reinforce Delta forts with stone.

You tell your ex-magi to get on with something productive. They grumble for a few days, then start looking for flammable materials to experiment with. You plant more farms at the delta and dig bigger holes in the mountain. A large area of forest is cleared and logged. Ballistae are really quite complex, especially since your clan doesn't have a highly trained siege engineer. The goblins produce one rickety ballista, which you mount on a ship, but then just give up and fit the forts with catapults. It's not even like they had the right things to build lots of ballistae anyway. Your copper smithing goes well, with some copper tools turning out, and a few bolts wrapped in tar-soaked rags.

Use metals we got to make weapons and armor, Build stone walls around our village.Start expanding farms and grow some cotton.

They didn't actually give you any metals. You offered the rock in exchange for metals, but they refused unless you had tin, or actually knew what the rock was. You build a thick, buttressed wall around the villiage, grow some more farms. One of your colonists finds a bag of cotton seeds in the hold of your ship, tucked behind a crate, so you plant those too. You look at the rock. Boy, is it shiny. Doesn't look like a metal though. In the right light it almost glows from within.

Create more axes and make a tannery and a leatherworks from the wood that we have. Make enough axes so everyone can carry one in case something happens (bear attack, stuck under a tree... An axe is a multi purpose tool). Use the leatherworks to turn some of our hides into some basic armor. Make a small militia force and have them use axes until we can get some swords. Lastly, make a tavern, and with our newly made hoes, start planting grain and hops.
You make a lot of axes. Axes for all! Your colonists appreciate your trust in them. You set up a tannery and leathershop,boiling and cleaning the hides to make stiff leather jerkins. You designate some of your citizens as "militia", and make them train. Wow, they're bad at this. You construct a tavern, planting grain, but have no hops, unfortunately. Some odd people arrive in a ship and start setting up shop on your shoreline.

Gather biomass.
As the last Ngultor left on the ship, you look for biomass to gather. Some ghosts turn up, steal your crewmates' wallets, and leave tubs of ice-cream all over the place. You suppose that counts.

Nothing happens.

-The air is getting warmer. Spring is getting into action. -

popcheck. I suppose eugenics experimentation on humans is out then? XD
Also where are these "Dead Lands" and "Wastes" I was told just last turn that there were only 4 real environmental conditions on the island.
I'm currently automatically veto-ing all the things people say which are utterly impossible within the timeframe of a month/a few months that each update covers: IE: Eugenics, long-term breeding programs, etc. The "Dead lands" and "wastes" are 1) fluff and 2) Back on the mainland

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 18, 2013, 05:40:38 am »

Oh my god your title actually fit the lyrics.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2013, 06:32:17 am »

You skipped my action.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2013, 07:07:16 am »

Identify shiny stone. Expand our farms more
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134