Option 2
- 11 (33.3%)
Option 3
- 5 (15.2%)
Option 4
- 10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 134

Author Topic: The Derail Games: A game of Awesome Chess.  (Read 168082 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Mastahcheese's Brainstorming and Derail Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2013, 07:35:24 pm »

Same as before. If ships and nets done and ice is gone, send out fishing boats
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2013, 08:00:59 pm »

I spliced the height map onto the current world political map.  Shaded the ocean the color of the rivers, though.  It does get a tad hard to read, and there are some places it can be improved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2013, 03:16:29 am »

You have no idea how much that helps me, thanks.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2013, 08:39:35 pm »

Negotiate with the new people, first off ask if they have any smiths that are not completely terrible. Then give them a nice little feast of sweetmeats. Hope they are not vegans.

Expand to completely surround our great lake, and obtain more horsies.
Begin extensive breeding program, both for our colonists, and for the horsies with the aim of making better ones. EUGENICS FTW :P
Train up some pikepeoples.

((So could we get more info on terrain? Like is everything just plains or are there desert/swampy/other regions? What kind of environment have we set up in? Are certain places better for farms? Stuff like that.))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:48:19 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2013, 11:34:15 pm »

Greet these orange peoples and try to set up a trade deal with them. Start production on more advanced mining techniques so we can strike metal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2013, 04:19:38 am »

Get my last turn actions and then start fishing rapidly to get tons of *Salmon Roast* to sell to the caravans.
[autofail] Your entire colony was annexed by BFEL last turn.

((So could we get more info on terrain? Like is everything just plains or are there desert/swampy/other regions? What kind of environment have we set up in? Are certain places better for farms? Stuff like that.))
The island is not vast in size, although I'm not feeling like setting a specific size. Pretty much the only biomes are freezing mountain peaks, flat open areas (near coast/major rivers), and dense forest (everywhere else). The environment is cold - In the winter it would have gotten to a minimum of -10*C. Flat delta lands are better for farming, don;t bother trying to farm a mountainside peak.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:27:50 am by Dorsidwarf »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2013, 07:26:34 am »

Start up a new colony, in a forest near a delta, and develop strong lumber axes and pickaxes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2013, 10:00:19 am »

Get my last turn actions and then start fishing rapidly to get tons of *Salmon Roast* to sell to the caravans.
[autofail] Your entire colony was annexed by BFEL last turn.

The island is not vast in size, although I'm not feeling like setting a specific size. Pretty much the only biomes are freezing mountain peaks, flat open areas (near coast/major rivers), and dense forest (everywhere else). The environment is cold - In the winter it would have gotten to a minimum of -10*C. Flat delta lands are better for farming, don;t bother trying to farm a mountainside peak.
((1st LOL. Coolrune, I did that because you missed like 5 turns and your people were freezing and starving.

2nd that is actually very helpful. I had no idea I was in a forest. Time to SING THE LUMBERJACK SONG! Also I like how I'm in a high up, presumably colder forest, and am currently aiming for a Macedonian-esque warfare style (pikes and cavalry) while highmax is down in a flat beach and trying to roleplay a Viking society.
ROLE REVERSAL FTW))

Indeed, I do this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2013, 01:46:32 pm »

BFEL, give me them back! We are starting a resistance movement!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

BFEL, give me them back! We are starting a resistance movement!
((Yeah, because I'm sure the people you abandoned to starvation and hypothermia want to be lead by you again. If you try and start a resistance here your own people will probably shank you repeatedly for letting their babies die. Real Cult of Personality you are :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2013, 04:09:07 pm »

.... I was taken by a fey mood... They understand! I hope  :(

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »

Ok, I changed the poll.

Someone told me that they wanted this moved to the RtD sub-forum, because most of my stuff consists of RtDs, and the main forum has a lot of stuff on it.

I'm putting it up to you guys, should it get moved, or stay?

(Also, for some reason you can put 2 votes in there, because the edit poll options suck.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2013, 12:27:02 am »

Well, I'm not sure if I'm going to move it or not, so far "no" is in the lead, however it's quite obvious that over half the people who voted put both.

I think I'm being trolled.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2013, 12:28:43 am »

Well, I'm not sure if I'm going to move it or not, so far "no" is in the lead, however it's quite obvious that over half the people who voted put both.

I think I'm being trolled.
What? People? Abusing power and choice? Nooooo, that's perpostuous!

P.S. You shouldn't have told us we could select both.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2013, 04:38:20 am »

Start up a new colony, in a forest near a delta, and develop strong lumber axes and pickaxes.
Your ship arrives at the bay. There is another ship here. Your crew really aren't happy you made them set out in the depths of winter, but are overjoyed to finally reach land.
Can't Think Of A Title Four: The Misnamening

Establish roads between each of the settlements, the city, and the delta fort.
Concentrate bulk of forces not at the delta to the settlement nearby the delta after the roads are completed.
Build up Delta Fortress(es).
Establish quarries and mines in the mountainous areas for resources.
Establish farms to support the population.
Expand population.
Begin diplomatic relations with BFEL and Lukeinator.
Have mage division continue work upon utilizing magic.

You briefly divert workers from the city project to clear a road to connect your settlement forts. The goblins use these roads to transport trees to the Delta Fortresses, fortifying them more thoroughly. When that's done, you start mining out rock from the hillside, finding some chunks of native copper as you go. Farms are also built, your seed supply planted for later. The mage division has made no progress beyond that one headache that one goblin got when he headbutted a mage. This may not really be an effective use of your followers.

Start training smiths, expand population, order an expedition to the western mountains.
Now that the mountain pass has opened and they're bringing you ores again, you set your smiths to work creating ever more delicate metalwork, to increase their skills. You also assemble a group of workers, team them up with two members of the militia, and order them to climb the passes of the western mountains. They report back some time later with news of more settlements beyond.

Research even more advanced mining technology.
You begin work on experimental water-freeze techniques for fracturing rocks, opening a new, open-air mining pit for testing. Lots of metal coming in and being smelted.

Same as before. If ships and nets done and ice is gone, send out fishing boats
Your longboat was completed, so you fit it with your vine nets, and send the boat out to trawl for food. It's quite successful, and you now have lots of fish, all the extra of which is being salted and barreled.

Negotiate with the new people, first off ask if they have any smiths that are not completely terrible. Then give them a nice little feast of sweetmeats. Hope they are not vegans.

Expand to completely surround our great lake, and obtain more horsies.
Begin extensive breeding program, both for our colonists, and for the horsies with the aim of making better ones. EUGENICS FTW :P
Train up some pikepeoples.

Your colonists clear the trees around the lake, piling the logs for later use, and set traps and corrals for the horses. The colonists happily butcher all the slow, lame, and unruly horses, leaving only the agile and docile behind. You also have the horse that kicked you where it hurts killed too. The bastard.
Your military training is going well. Pointy end towards enemy and all that.

You talk with the arrivals over a feast of meat and meat products, which they eat with gusto. Apparently they've been eating dried salted beef mostly for the last few months. You get around to the topic of smiths, and they say that yes, their colonization party has a few decent smiths.

Greet these orange peoples and try to set up a trade deal with them. Start production on more advanced mining techniques so we can strike metal.
You offer to trade them lots of neatly chiseled stone blocks in exchange for general goods and maybe metals. Your own attempts to mine for them hit a dead end - but yuo do find a lovely shimmery sort of rock at the bottom of your open-pit mine.

Winter has passed, and it is springtime now. The snow in the mountains is melting rapidly, filling the streams to overflowing. Navigating them for the next month or so would be foolhardy.

-Spring has come!-

(Just so I know I'm not wasting my time, there is magic in this game, right?)

(Edit: What are the populations of all the other nations, by the way?)
There is no magic in your population. It is rumoured that necromancers haunt the Dead Lands, creating beasts twisted from their graves, but nobody has yet made it past the wastes to reach them. Or wants to.

Populations: Are set when the player asks for a populationcheck. Up until then, assume around thirty.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 134