Option 2
- 11 (33.3%)
Option 3
- 5 (15.2%)
Option 4
- 10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134

Author Topic: The Derail Games: A game of Awesome Chess.  (Read 168073 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mastahcheese's Brainstorming and Derail Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2013, 10:24:19 pm »

Do we now have two games running in this thread?
Yup.
Do we need a derail thread for the derail thread now?
Nope. This is a chaos permitting zone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will never stop making these.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »

There needs to be a thread for just your artwork... I swear, that is the most abstract and strange thing I have EVER seen...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »

By the way. Mastahcheese, unless you feel really strongly on the matter yourself, why not hold a poll to see whether derails should be allowed in the Die/Revive/Dwarf thread? Personally, I find them quite entertaining. But I also like odd weather and game glitches, so that might just be me.

Of course, it's your thread. So if you find the derails irritating, you don't have to do it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »

I think the derails were unnecessary and distracting for mastacheese. He needs to finish the hex map, but I don't know if he'll finish before the new DF (are the bets still on with that?).

If he succeeds, I won't be the necrothreaders, but the Norsemen I was in the mini-game

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

There needs to be a thread for just your artwork... I swear, that is the most abstract and strange thing I have EVER seen...
I think EP should make a suggestion game in the first person where the character slowly goes insane.
His art style is perfect for it.

But yeah, the derailing was pretty off-putting, and made me not really feel up to map making.
So I'm keeping the derails to a minimum in that thread.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2013, 11:40:36 pm »

I think EP should make a suggestion game in the first person where the character slowly goes insane.
His art style is perfect for it.

But yeah, the derailing was pretty off-putting, and made me not really feel up to map making.
So I'm keeping the derails to a minimum in that thread.
I totally agree with the EP insanity game...

As for the minimal derails:

You know what that means...

*pushes mastacheese into his chair, pushes the chair on front of his computer with the map program up*

GET STARTED BUDDY!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2013, 12:28:22 pm »

Don't make us pull out the duct tape.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2013, 01:33:52 pm »

To minimize Chaos, please post actions for this game in Red, so that I can actually distinguish them from Roll To Annoy Mastahcheese With Eye-melting Art

Strike The Earth

Quote from:  Tavik Toth
Turn Island intro fortress city/whatever. Increase population. Make firearms and other weapons. Train military more. Prepare plans for retaking mainland area. Also build more boats. And a galleon. Also make lots of farms.
After finally putting all the corpses into a mass grave, you set up defenses around your camp and docks. Your colonists enthusiatica[DATA EXPUNGED]th bells on top. You try to get your metalworker to make guns, then realise you have no metal or sulphur to make gunpowder. You draw up elaborate plans for the mainland recapture, all of which depend on having more than 19 colonists. The crew of the original ship happily get to work building a flotilla of skiffs. Galleons are right out, you don;t have nearly enough wood, materials, tools, or workers. Soil is still frozen.

Quote from: Highmax
Make longships for the springtime for fishing. Be ready to plant rope reed for fishing nets. If we don't have any, vines will work just as well. Continue the smelting of copper and make some axes, knives and hammers out of it; we need better tools now, right?
You construct a longship, nailing it together with the coppery metal. You keep the vines from your forest clearing, weaving them into nets. You keep digging and smelting copper, making additional tools along with the somewhat worn ones you embarked on your voyage with. You make an extra hoe or two. They protest at their new designation FARMING TOOLS.

Quote from: 3,872 Zanzetkukens
Send a ship out for peaceful, diplomatic contact.
Send out an expedition for peaceful contact with the source of the smoke to the north.  Attempt trade agreements.
Construct settlements along the length of the river.
Construct a few forts along the river for defense.  Concentrate at the delta.
Create an experimental magic-based division of the military.
Send scouts across the island.  Attempt peaceful contact.
]
You send a ship west, where you saw another encampment on the way in. You send an expedition over the ridge between the mountains, along with some expensive stuff, to establish relations with the source of the smoke. You, for some reason, divide up your forces, building fortified settlements down the river, with more goblins manning the Delta fort. You don't think sending individual scouts out in the cold is a great idea, but you resolve to do so at first opportunity. Your 'magic based' division of the millitary is going well! Yesterday, one of the recruits told a bystnder sniggering at his attempt to kill a goat with his mind that he could go die in a hole. He even had a headache for a whole three days!

That might have been from where he headbutted the magician into a wall, though.

Quote from: Lukeinatorificator
Turn the Zanzteutkukens into the guard by giving them stone knives and spears and wooden shields.
You equip the grumpy miners with a bunch of weapons made from stone shards. A few days later, a ship rounds the peninsula. It hoves to off your coast, and a suspiciously orange person hails you from the bow.

Quote from: BFEL
Resume trading/the search for metalsmiths once the chill dies down. Continue hunting local animals, but spare and domesticate anything rideable, such as horses or elephants. Mass produce pikes.
It is no longer as cold. You inquire about metalsmiths to the Rivermouth Farmers, but theirs are just as bad. The mountain pass is still impassable. You tame a few wild horses, but they're a bit small for cavalry. Your metalsmiths take turns hammering pikes until everyone has one. Seven days of work later, a fur-bundled expedition arrives at your camp, asking to negotiate in muffled voices. You have no idea why anyone would want to negotiate rather than just turn up with a bunch of tradeables.

Quote from: poketwo
Order everyone in their houses, order the militia that i can accommodate in my house to go their and train with me, the rest of the militia are to train in their houses. We will wait out the storm.
You successfully wait out the storm without anyone dying from cold. The millitia kept training the whole time, the twelve militia are pretty decent now. Traders from upstream come again. You give them some food in exchange for meats and furs, and tell them that no, you don't have any great smiths either.
The blizzards die down. Life begins to move through the forest again. Spring threatens to arrive.

-Winter is dying-

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »

You missed my actions

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 12, 2013, 03:24:51 pm »

It's ok he also missed my actions.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »

Missed me too
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2013, 05:23:03 pm »

Establish roads between each of the settlements, the city, and the delta fort.
Concentrate bulk of forces not at the delta to the settlement nearby the delta after the roads are completed.
Build up Delta Fortress(es).
Establish quarries and mines in the mountainous areas for resources.
Establish farms to support the population.
Expand population.
Begin diplomatic relations with BFEL and Lukeinator.
Have mage division continue work upon utilizing magic.

(Just so I know I'm not wasting my time, there is magic in this game, right?)

(Edit: What are the populations of all the other nations, by the way?)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:46:27 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2013, 05:33:07 pm »

Start training smiths, expand population, order an expedition to the western mountains.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 12, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »

Research even more advanced mining technology.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 12, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »

Get my last turn actions and then start fishing rapidly to get tons of *Salmon Roast* to sell to the caravans.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134