Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73267 times)

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2014, 11:28:41 am »

Not quite sure if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but Chrome marks the Masterwork Beta patch download as suspicious and defaults to reporting and discarding it, citing it as a "suspicious and uncommon download."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2014, 11:41:10 am »

Ignore that.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2014, 07:33:27 pm »

Putnam:

Say I wanted to pull Splinterz changes that he posted and not yet implented.  His git url is

https://github.com/pjf/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/pull/148

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2014, 07:34:59 pm »

Sorry, not "origin" but "splinterz". Other than that, those directions are exactly it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2014, 07:38:27 pm »

derp, I see your url had splinterz in the url post.

thx.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #530 on: March 27, 2014, 10:09:19 am »

I released 4j; which is the current SWP beta version plus 0.77 Gnomes:Just wanted to let you know.

And your link on the first page to the commits is outdated, it leads to unified... it should be to here: https://github.com/pjf/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/commits/beta

greets,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #531 on: March 27, 2014, 10:38:25 am »

I released 4j; which is the current SWP beta version plus 0.77 Gnomes:Just wanted to let you know.

And your link on the first page to the commits is outdated, it leads to unified... it should be to here: https://github.com/pjf/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/commits/beta

greets,
Meph
Ah... you may have missed the last commit with some important fixes if you took beta instead of gold...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #532 on: March 27, 2014, 10:44:37 am »

I thought gold is the least up to date, and beta is gold + more changes, and alpha is beta with more changes? As in: Each is based on the other, everything that the gold release has, is in all the others...

I am not doing this again from here. I worked on a win8 netbook with japanese win install, japanese keyboard, mapped like a french keyboard. And internet speed so good, it took almost 3h to upload the mod.

Edit: as long as the yes/noff gui issues are fixed, i am ok with it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:49:24 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #533 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:56 am »

it may have just been overlooked, as normally beta does include all of gold's changes. as it stands though, unfortunately, that last hefty commit hasn't been merged into beta.

these changes are missing, which may break a lot, i don't know:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #534 on: March 27, 2014, 10:56:44 am »

Orc manual, Orc scalps, creature classes in unknown number of creatures and an alternate way to make soap. Thats only noticeable if you play orcs. I am sorry, but I really dont want to borrow that laptop for 3-4 hours again, just for that. People can still download gold if the Orc-part is important to them.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:11 pm »

it may have just been overlooked, as normally beta does include all of gold's changes. as it stands though, unfortunately, that last hefty commit hasn't been merged into beta.

I believed he incorporated those today.  not sure if it made it into final release that Meph's talking about, gotta check timestamps, but if he's pulling from gold... then those changes certainly aren't in there

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #536 on: March 28, 2014, 01:52:05 am »

I believed he incorporated those today.  not sure if it made it into final release that Meph's talking about, gotta check timestamps, but if he's pulling from gold... then those changes certainly aren't in there
no, the beta branch is still a single commit behind. it was mostly just minor regressions that happened when 4i was merged into SWP that the last commit fixes. however i also have a pending pull with a few more fixes waiting.

anyway, i've updated the dffd listing with my gold branch + gnomes 77.6 this morning on Meph's behalf. so it's not quite up to date, but it's not as broken as the first 4j release.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #537 on: March 28, 2014, 05:02:34 am »

Maybe I shouldnt travel without a netbook. ^^

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 29, 2014, 06:40:28 pm »

I'm so confused, so what state is the patches based on (as of today's patches on march 29th)?  4i or 4j?

Will the new patched version include 4j?  Is there a way to update the patched version with meph's latest release and then re-apply the orc stuff that Splinterz/Meph were speaking of.  Better yet, go with what Meph was speaking about, the date he applied the beta version to his latest mod release (as a base), then post apply any gold patches after that point?

Then maybe meph can just post a link on his forum thread
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:50:14 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #539 on: March 30, 2014, 05:45:11 am »

I'm so confused, so what state is the patches based on (as of today's patches on march 29th)?  4i or 4j?

Will the new patched version include 4j?  Is there a way to update the patched version with meph's latest release and then re-apply the orc stuff that Splinterz/Meph were speaking of.  Better yet, go with what Meph was speaking about, the date he applied the beta version to his latest mod release (as a base), then post apply any gold patches after that point?

Then maybe meph can just post a link on his forum thread
i'm not really sure what this 'patched version' is; do you mean the gold branch of SWP? if you're unsure of what changes are in SWP, choose the branch, and look at the commits. the dffd version (4j) was replaced with a fixed version to include a few more missed commits.

the current SWP (gold) is even more up to date with additional fixes from ppeng. if you want to make sure you've got the absolute most up to date stable version, then it's the gold version you want.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39