Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73286 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2014, 11:20:53 am »

Dang Meph, you make nice looking buildings. :)

A few updates on recent activity, with work by Splinterz on announcements, There Is No Vic with updates to the Dwarf manual, and a scripting fix by yours truly. ;)
~ T

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 06, 2014, 04:12:09 pm »

Windows 7, Masterwork Ironhand

splinterz: This looks like an announcement error. I have no furnaces built.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #407 on: January 06, 2014, 04:40:37 pm »

Windows 7, Masterwork Ironhand

splinterz: This looks like an announcement error. I have no furnaces built.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
argh. yeah i missed a comma at the end of "batchmetalsilverlead" in Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/announcement.lua
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:43:38 pm by splinterz »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2014, 05:23:34 am »

Hey everyone, I've integrated the warlock alpha with SWP, and Meph's given me a nod to upload it. However I'm thinking we really need to adjust our branch names a little. In particular, I'd like to propose:

* stable (formally master) - Latest MW release plus patches
* beta (formally unified) - stable, plus things we're pretty sure work, but may have a few bugs. The orcfort rebalance would be here during its beta.
* experimental (new) - testing, plus anything which we know is incomplete. Warlocks would be here.

The old branches will stick around in the repo (they're just labels, and don't take up any space), but they'll no longer be updated. The top-post in this thread will be updated with the new names and links.

On that note, I'd also be merging the current orc rebalance into beta, and the warlock alpha into experimental.

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:04 am »

I concur

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2014, 01:28:31 pm »

Great Job, Urist!!!

Although, I wonder if the "experimental" branch should exist, as it may be too easy for issues in there to be misdirected to the wrong test project. At least that's just my opinion and maybe GIT makes it easier to do so.

Please add to .gitignore:
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\d_init.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\init.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\interface.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\world_gen.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\embark_profiles.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\macros\*.mak

Although world_gen and embark_profiles may be debatable, I think they can be handled outside the box when they do need updating.  I use my own custom ones, which I wouldn't want to be considered for uploading and its a pain to keep telling GIT to ignore them.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2014, 11:52:14 pm »

Sounds like there's general support for some branch renames. I may not get a chance to do that today, but it will happen soon. :)

Great Job, Urist!!!

Thank you, and welcome back! I'm hoping to still grab your new leather values at some point. :D

Although, I wonder if the "experimental" branch should exist, as it may be too easy for issues in there to be misdirected to the wrong test project. At least that's just my opinion and maybe GIT makes it easier to do so.

It's not something I'd recommend everyone use, but I'm going be maintaining the branch locally because it means that: (a) I can make sure everything merges cleanly, and (b) I can teach my tools how to merge things so I don't have to. (It's an advanced topic, but `git rerere` is awesome.) I won't make the download link obvious, so I don't think people will end up with it by accident.

Please add to .gitignore:
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\d_init.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\init.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\interface.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\world_gen.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\embark_profiles.txt
Dwarf Fortress\data\init\macros\*.mak

Alas, I can't do that. Without these files in the repository, the resulting checkout simply wouldn't be playable.  However if you use your own custom files (and I do), the easiest thing to do is to have your own local branch:

Code: [Select]
$ git checkout master           # Or unified, or wherever you wish to branch from.
$ git checkout --track -b play  # Here's our local branch we wish to play on.

# Edit/move/whatever your customisations. I usually run the Settings
# GUI at this point, adjust worldgen params, etc.

$ git add -A .                  # Mark all our changes for inclusion.
$ git commit                    # Commit your local customisations.

You then have a master branch which is identical to your master branch on github, which can be used for development.  You also have a 'play' branch that has your customisations, and which is tracking your local master branch. The play branch is local; it won't get uploaded to github, and exists only on your machine.

You can `git pull` on your play branch to merge from your master branch. If there are conflicts, you can always use `git checkout -- data/init` to choose to use your existing files, and then `git commit` to mark the changes as resolved. This gives you a chance to review conflicts first.

Alternatively, `git pull -s ours` on the play branch will tell git to automatically favour our revisions when conflicts exist, and it's pretty darn awesome. You might be able to use `git config branch.play.mergeoptions -sours` to do this automatically for the play branch, but I haven't actually tested that. If that works, then it pretty much solves all our play-config options. :)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2014, 12:00:11 am »

As an aside, using git for savegame management is pretty much the best thing ever. You can commit `region1` to your play branch, and along quick DFHack's quicksave functionality, you have a really nice way of doing save histories. It's also much more space efficient, because git only records the compressed changes between files. In fact, it's probably worthwhile turning savegame compression off in DF if you're using git for savegame management; the unpacked saves will be larger, but the changesets to record the differences between saves will be tiny.

~ T

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2014, 12:54:18 am »

I'm probably going to add bronze/brass golems and some of the early landmines for the dwarven machine shop Meph said about.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #414 on: January 08, 2014, 02:47:07 am »

I'm probably going to add bronze/brass golems and some of the early landmines for the dwarven machine shop Meph said about.
zlurker also finished writing the armored animals, dragons and spiders as buyable warbeasts. He already send me the raws, I just have to fit the prices to an acceptable amount. The pet merchant will be a bit more interesting then. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:39 am »

I'm thinking of doing acid, fire and ice for the landmines and the three copper golem types for the machine shop. And yes, people might be happier to give the pet merchant money with the new critters.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:33 am »

I've just updated my r4 plugin pack to r41 as I've fixed a bug in the stocks plugin that can cause a crash when melting: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 08, 2014, 07:38:52 am »

I also agree with the branch renaming.  I think the new names much easier to remember which option is which.  :-D

fasquardon

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 08, 2014, 09:02:21 am »

I've just updated my r4 plugin pack to r41 as I've fixed a bug in the stocks plugin that can cause a crash when melting: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166

Thank you very much! Updated in all things SWP. :)

Meph/Zlurker: I look forward to seeing the new pet/machine shop! :)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:14 am »

I've just done the branch rename, and updated my tools. The `master` and `unified` branches still exist on the server, but will no longer be updated and eventually be pruned. The branches are called `alpha` (which includes warlocks and rebalanced taiga orcs), `beta` (which just includes rebalanced taiga orcs) and `gold` (which is just masterwork + bugfixes).  Thanks to Meph for the naming suggestion.

Everything that used to work will still work during the transition period.

New clones and forks of the repo will automatically land you on the `gold` branch by default.

Existing repositories, keep doing what you're doing, but instead of `git merge pjf/master`, you can use `git merge pjf/gold` instead (or upstream/gold, depending upon how you referece my repo).

This also means you can play a copy of Masterwork with both rebalanced orcs *and* alpha warlocks right now if you want to. It probably won't work, but it exists. :)  (patchfile, full zip.)

I've updated the readme on github, and will update the top post of this thread tomorrow. (It's almost 3am, so sleep time for me!)

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39