Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73217 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #420 on: January 08, 2014, 11:16:18 am »

Wow, I meant that gold-thing as a joke, because I vaguely remember that game versions that go into production are called "gold", but good to hear that you like it. :) But the difference between alpha, beta and something shiny is certainly greater than "unified and master". I confused these all the time as well. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 08, 2014, 07:12:01 pm »

btw, I still have to go to page 27 to figure out how to do the git stuff.  I was hoping you could have this in the 1st post.

https://github.com/pjf/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/tree/orc_rebalance#contributing

I submitted some changes.  Please do a pull request (thanks to splinterz, this should be spelled out in instructions to go here for pull requests
https://github.com/pjf/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/pulls)

https://github.com/thistleknot/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/commit/7be2d976d21e6ade4ed9b15b3d8af4780e6aaf10

I think I did it right.  not sure if I used an old fork.  But you can see the changes.

The plant_medicine one was my call, but Meph signed off on the other.  I just feel that medicine is too hard to produce alongside drinks, so I edged it up just a bit, 20% (I think I did my math right on that).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:07:28 pm by thistleknot »

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2014, 07:14:38 pm »

Windows 7x64, Alpha

GUI Issues

- Warlocks Playable(Fortress) greyed out.

Oddities

- Playable Orcs set as default.
- Playable Dwarves disabled.

Edit: (I'd wondered why my civ didn't have access to chopping axes.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:16:51 pm by There Is No Vic »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2014, 08:00:11 pm »

Just got done making the brass spear/hammer/sword golems and acid/fire/cold landmines code and they spawn active in the golems' case and without blowing up in the landmines' case. Going to send the code to Meph after fewd and they'll probably be ready to go in that new machine shop.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2014, 01:50:40 am »

Windows 7x64, Alpha

GUI Issues

Oddities

- Playable Orcs set as default.
- Playable Dwarves disabled.

Edit: (I'd wondered why my civ didn't have access to chopping axes.)
Just please dont do bugreports on the alpha. Just leave it be.If you get started with it, you would never end.

If you have anything Warlock specific (not the GUI, but the ingame stuff), please post it in the Warlock thread.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 09, 2014, 09:51:09 am »

GUI Issues

If you have anything Warlock specific (not the GUI, but the ingame stuff), please post it in the Warlock thread.

Meph: that's why I posted here and not the warlock thread. :)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 09, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »

@Urist

As thistleknot suggested, it would be nice if you included the various info you have about using git scattered throughout some of your posts onto the front page and into the README as well.

Knowing how to 'play' and contribute from within the same overall structure will help immensely.

Also, I haven't done any more work on leathers. I only started messing with that when I wanted to start 'standardizing' skin/scale/shell/chitin/fat/tallow globs. (By standardizing I am referring to the listings in stockpiles, since the mod only creates one type of each). Further leather changes will require a little more thought, with my first one being a need for an advanced leatherwork / tanning shop to handle anything beyond leather and tough leather.  The new inclusion of souls will go nicely with the idea of magically imbuing the basic material into a better material.

- remove [LEATHER] tag from everything but vanilla leather and tough leather so that they are not usable by standard leatherworks.  (debatable, removing will mean they are not available at embark or orderable as leather.) (not sure if this would break generic tanning from glob to material)
     - remove lamellar material from game (or leave it, but require combining multiple scale/chitin/shell with multiple tough leather or studded leather)
     - adjust scale, chitin, shell, and studded to be on par with bronze with slight variations to provide variety.
     - adjust tough leather to be on par with copper.
     - adjust rigid varieties to be sub par to iron with same variations for variety.

Tanning shop
          - all basic tanning from glob to material
          - split fur into hair/yarn and leather
          - create suede and the leather paper form (forget the name of it)
          - boil leather in oil to make tough leather
     Advanced Leatherworks
          - custom reactions to make armor pieces from scale / chitin /shell. (would be a long list of reactions for these, including cloak, hood, buckler and round shield, there would be 9 * 3 = 27 reactions)
          - reactions to make an armor piece could use multiple items of the material to help balance value to their metal counterparts.
          - just for the hell of it, have journals, and a couple other crafts/instruments (those that make sense)
          - custom reactions to make studded armor pieces (could leave it at the current materials for studded or create a custom reaction for each 'armor' metal using a single bar and an appropriate amount of tough leathers to produce the studded. For example: 1 copper + 1 tough = 1 studded  /  1 bronze + 2 tough = 2 studded)
     Existing religious building
          - imbue a scale / shell /chitin armor item with a soul to make it the rigid (enhanced) material. (requiring 2 gloves may end up grabbing two lefts but you would still get a right & left out of it.)
          - same could be done for studded armors to create an armor between iron and steel. (debatable since leather is easily produced from most livestock and wild creatures.)

- create new leather boots, gloves, greaves, and helms to be inline with the different aspects of leather armor vs. breastplate. Currently lamellar greaves are basically just as good as steel, but lamellar armor is not on par with a steel breastplate. This is due to the different tokens that can be associated to armors with the leather armor item being different than the breastplate item. Yet the same greaves item is made from leather and metal so the only difference is based on the material and not the product.

TLDR   - I should actually be working anyway.  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:39:10 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 09, 2014, 07:14:01 pm »

Error to report

Failed to save changes for optCbPatternMatsDefault for dwarfs when trying to changes dwarves materials under civilizations.

And!

thanks to Warmist!!!

showunitsyndromes (tested very mildly)

https://raw2.github.com/warmist/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/85069d249b33b41a151a6a8cdb533c03b31c1279/Dwarf%20Fortress/hack/scripts/showunitsyndromes.rb

Dude...

I'm totally playing this game, and realizing I'm only going to reload this weekend with the new patches...  I have what I believe are "golden" patches (orc I don't care so much...) but I have no idea who else has contributed that is going to be "pulled"...  you better get the showunitsyndromes!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:33:12 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2014, 02:37:37 am »

Error to report

Failed to save changes for optCbPatternMatsDefault for dwarfs when trying to changes dwarves materials under civilizations.
do you have [PERMITTED_REACTION:MATERIALS_DEFAULT/WEAK/NORMAL/STRONG] in entity_default?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 10, 2014, 03:58:30 am »

the default value is blank and anything i try ti change it to results in this error

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #430 on: January 10, 2014, 05:36:33 am »

the default value is blank and anything i try ti change it to results in this error
that's a good indication that you've got an outdated entity_default file missing the token i asked you to check in the first reply.

Edit: checking your repository, you're missing the token specified. you probably just forgot to pull the changes from the original before you started your changes for your coke balances
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:36:55 am by splinterz »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 10, 2014, 08:22:21 am »

i hand edited it to include some changes i wanted...

actually. i just copied an old file but i thought it would be fine as it only included those changes...

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 10, 2014, 09:13:04 am »

Updating the top post now. Apologies for being quiet, I was busy releasing a new Orc Fortress:D

Also, I've been awake for quite some time, so my apologies if I've missed something; do feel free to nudge me.

I agree with thistleknot, Billy Jack, and others that we definitely need a central place for working with git and SWP. The top-post of this thread isn't a good spot for that, because only I can edit it, and I'm terrible at keeping things up to date.  So instead, I've moved the Contriubtor's Guide onto the SWP wiki. If you've already got a github account then you can edit it. Feel free to make new pages, add extra information, and otherwise change things as you wish. Be bold with your edits. (The wiki is tracked via git, so I can easily undo changes if things go wrong, even if other changes have been made on top of them!)  I've added some information there, but I've almost certainly missed things, so please do add the things I've missed!

Billy Jack, I love your plans for leather. If you think it would be useful to keep notes in the wiki or issues tracker, then feel free to use them! :)

Thistleknot, I'm going to merge your changes now. For those reading along, the changes are (I've been told Meph approved):

Wood blocks/planks to coke does not have a 20% chance of producing ash.

Instead, player has to choose whether they want coke, or ash from planks. Similar to wood oven.

Also has the option of burning wood log to 3 ash.

Also changed 2:5 ratio of plants to medicine to 1:3.

Many thanks!

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #433 on: January 10, 2014, 09:25:44 am »

Yeah, all that is fine.  :)

At least until the next DF version is released with multi-tile trees. ;)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 10, 2014, 09:48:10 am »

you didnt get the new showunitsyndromes script warmist did, did you?  i posted it a few posts up nm
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39