Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29153 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2013, 10:31:04 am »

Please tell me this is still going.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2013, 01:50:30 pm »

It is, it's just going rather sporadically.  Things and stuff, y'know.

Which settings are you playing with? Probably one of the (advanced) undead starts but I crave details.

How's our economy? You could pop some tradeposts in the wilds, for profit and adventure!

I think it's called something like "Shadow's Guardians" or whatnot...  It's one of the two huge maps (unless they added more in the HD version).  And yes, it is indeed undead and advanced.  Beyond that I have harpies as wandering monsters (really haven't been that many of them, and, being harpies...  They don't last very long), Wake the Hunters as special option 1 and Super Lairs as option 2.  Starting gold was 10,000 and starting settlement of "outpost".

As for our current economy, we're currently somewhere around 180-200k gold, so I think we're well out of the danger zone now...  I've got two marketplaces and two trading posts.  One of the posts is "safe", nestled just outside the city limits on the safer side of the map, and the other is a basic wilderness outpost with inn, guard house and trading post.  That's where Hans was just ignoring the troll that picked THAT PLACE to spawn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2013, 02:21:15 pm »

Nice thing about being a healer; I can just get back up and keep on healin' if I die.

Which, incidentally, means it's probably difficult to know how many times I've died.

Also, if I run out of all nine lives, but get revived from Mausoleum, do I get a fresh set of lives?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2013, 02:34:03 pm »

As far as I remember, healers can revive on their own once per level.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2013, 02:41:09 pm »

Yeah, they get one rebirth per experience level they have.  Once they die-die and are resurrected through the normal means (note that they refuse to be interred in mausoleums, like monks and paladins), I think they have their rebirth counter reset.  I don't know, however, as I've never tested it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2013, 02:45:43 pm »

What is the 'normal means' of resurrecting them, if they refuse to be in mausoleums??
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2013, 03:12:56 pm »

A resurrection (1500 g) spell, duh.

Btw, enlist me as a Royal Garden/Gazebo "+1 Tax Collector" (yes, that's the name).
._.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »

What is the 'normal means' of resurrecting them, if they refuse to be in mausoleums??

Agrela (healer temple) lvl3 has resurrection (1,500g), and the resurrectee pops up next to their homeguild.
Krypta (priestess temple) lvl3 has reanimation (2,000g) and the reanimated pops up where they died.

Of course you can only resurrect them if they have tombstones, which disappear after a while. Though high level ones last longer, usually long enough for you to gather the required gold.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2013, 03:54:52 pm »

So I think I found out why we couldn't get dwarves or elves.  When I started with a dwarven stronghold a couple of days ago (freestyle maps are awesome) I found that I couldn't build gnome hovels.  I had always built gnome hovels beforehand, and found that I couldn't build a dwarven settlement earlier, nor an elven bungalow.  I think the game only allows for one set of non-human entities on the land, meaning that all those 'ikkle Bupo Dirtyhands are keeping us from getting dwarves or elves. 

Oh well, at least the massive amount of gnomes mean we get tons of fast builders.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:23 pm »

Yeah, you can only have one non-human race. Dwarves and Evles hate each other, and they also hate gnomes, so they'll never inhabit the same settlement.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2013, 04:18:49 pm »

Yeah, you can only have one non-human race. Dwarves and Evles hate each other, and they also hate gnomes, so they'll never inhabit the same settlement.

Well, not under normal conditions anyhow.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »

Embassy's are cool, yeah?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2013, 04:25:30 pm »

There might be one or two scenarios that start you with a combination of dorfen settlements, fey bungalows and gnome hovels. Probably in the Northern Expansion. But we were talking in a freeplay game though right?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

There might be one or two scenarios that start you with a combination of dorfen settlements, fey bungalows and gnome hovels. Probably in the Northern Expansion. But we were talking in a freeplay game though right?
I know that freeplay has an option for starting with all of the temples except for Kolm, but I don't remember if a similar option exists for the different races. I'm leaning towards no though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2013, 07:31:11 pm »

There is a start where you have one of each temple (minus Krolm)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26