Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128249 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Photon Carnage
« Reply #7245 on: January 21, 2018, 02:14:34 pm »

"I would like a bowl, if I may have some. Thank you."
He's busy and is actively working right now. I could try to calm him down but it would inconvenience him further if I did because he is needed elsewhere.
"Here you go." he says as he pours the liquid into a rock bowl using a big ladle.
"Feel free to come back for more!" he adds with a smile as he leans down and hands you the bowl.
"Just be careful, it's still quite hot." he warns you.
You need neither the warning (you've had meals like this before) nor the protection (hot things don't really hurt you) but maybe looking younger than you are triggers some sort of protective instinct in humans.

come to think of it, considering how long I was out of it after that fight with VoidRiver...
<Hey, Triplesword? When we first met... Did you heal or sustain me or something? I... don't really know, in this world, how much of me is fire magic and how much is physical biology. I think you probably didn't do anything intentionally, and that my recovery was managed by the ambient fire energy you leak out, but... well, I don't really know, you know? Thinking about meals and how I might not technically need them, though I do want them for sure, got me wondering.>
<It is possible. Our perception of the world is bound in large part to our wielder, so we did not consciously know that you were there, we could only feel our surroundings in broad strokes. The powerful FireLight and the powerful Darkness and then nothing, so it couldn't have been conscious on our part. But it is possible that the ambient Fire and Light alone was enough to sustain you. There are many examples of beings that feed on magical energy or supplement their diet with it, Lamps and Nucas for an example of each category. Although we suspect the bond-former that was merged with you had something to do with it as well. He did possess Light and Light is known for its ability to heal and protect.>

<Whatever the case, you should continue eating. It should be more natural and more pleasant for your body. Not eating is painful and hard to get used to.>

I think I'll go eat with the water mages, if they'll allow me.
"May I sit with you?"
I figure it's fair to assume they say some variant of yes.
((And now you may notice a bit of her immaturity, though it probably won't cause any harm.))
"I've noticed that a lot of people seem uncomfortable around me, not like they're being mean or disrespectful or whatever, just that they seem confused by why I act they way I do and it makes them uncomfortable. I figured you all are leaders among the people from Chizra, and as mages you probably have a better chance of understanding me whenever I start talking about magic, so I was hoping you all could, you know, ask me anything you'd like to know? I don't have any real need to hide anything, and I promise, I'm not going to be offended by intrusive questions."
((Irine favors a direct, open, and honest approach. VERY direct. :P ))
You step close to the mages. They stop their conversation and greet you. They seem happy to have you join them.
You sit down and immediately get down to your reason for visiting. The water mages are understandably surprised by your direct approach but remain calm nonetheless.
"Thank you for your trust, in being so forward to us." one of them responds with a small nod and a smile.
"However I would not call ourselves 'leaders'. Some may come to us for spiritual guidance but not everyone from Chizra is a follower of the Flowing Way." he continues.
"My colleague is being too modest." another interjects.
"It is true, not everyone here is a follower of the Way. However many of these people have been living in Chizra for a long time. It is only natural for them to view as figures of authority."
"Even if they do not view as as figures of authority due to our role in the Temple, they are bound to come to us for aid due to our power."
"Err... certainly, but- Ah, I think we should not drag the girl into our debate."
He turns to address you.
"We are sorry." he apologizes with a small bow.
"You see, we were just discussing the matter so we are a bit caught up in it."
Hm. Looks like you aren't the only one having to deal with being thrust into a position of authority.
"We should be more considerate of our friend's wishes." the other agrees.
"I suppose it is only natural to begin with the basics. So, is there a name for what you are? How should we call you?"

"Hm. I suppose I could let the boss know that you wish to have an audience with him."
Ah, that sounds promising.
"IF you are worth his time, of course. Are you worth the boss' time?"

Display my chaos sword, and if that doesn't work, point at the extremely magical armor I've got on.
"Hm. Fancy sword. Is that supposed to impress me?" the guard says.
He looks unimpressed. Not even his heart rate has increased. Another guard further up, one in a baggy multi-coloured cloak, is eyeing your blade with a smile, like he's enjoying the sight of it. The group of 'clean' patrons and that spiky dude also look interested in your display of drawn weapons, the first looking alarmed, the later looking interested. Everyone else appears to be uninterested or hasn't noticed.
"Weell, I've also got this fancy suit of armor." you say, pointing at your helmet and opening up your clothes to reveal the black armor underneath.
"Hm. So?"
"It's adamantine."
"Hah. Yeah, right."
"You can try to stab me if you don't believe me." you offer.
"Ha. You're serious?"
"Sure." you say, shrugging.
The man in black makes a motion. The guard in the multi-coloured cloak disappears, leaving his cloak behind, thrown into the air. He dives towards you with surprising speed, a blade with red symbols in each arm, aiming one of his swords toward your shoulder. You casually raise your forearm to block the strike. The blade is easily stopped and the impact itself isn't painful. His other arm moves to stab you on your chest but the armour easily stops the strike, the blade bending dangerously but not breaking. The swordsman remains frozen for a second, his blades touching your armour. Everyone in the room goes silent and turns to look your way (except for a drunk man asking "Huh? Whazappend?").

The swordsman guard sheathes his blades with one fluid motion, letting the short swords join a collection of other blades hanging from his back. He's now smiling even more, showing his teeth. His fangs look a bit too long. With the weapons sheathed, the music resumes and the patrons return to their conversations, although now you catch even more people glancing at your direction.
"Wow. True adamantine." the guard in black says, looking genuinely impressed.
That's the first time you've seen him display anything other than mild disinterest.
"I'd never thought I'd see some with my own eyes. And this design... Don't tell me it's the forgery of the armour of the First King forged by the Grandmaster?"
"It's actually the armour of the First King."
His eyes widen even more.
"Prove it."
You shrug and make a motion with your arm, causing the enchanted armour to produce a short-lived shield.
"Wow." he says as with a hushed sigh, leaning to inspect your armour more closely, running his hand over your chestplate where the sword stabbed it.
"It's as good as new."
You stay alert for any foul play but he seems genuinely interested.
"Well, I'll be honest with you, you've impressed me at least." he says, standing straight again and giving you a smile.
"I bet the boss will be interested in at least learning your story. And frankly so am I. That's certainly enough to give you an audience. Your buddy stays here though. Are you willing to agree with that?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:08 pm »

"Oh yeah, that's cool. He keeps to himself anyway. Just don't irritate him, he's likely caused at least one apocalypse before if I have his story right."

Off to tell my story again! In full if possible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: January 21, 2018, 03:48:49 pm »

"There IS a name for what I am, but I don't like to use it. The technically correct term is 'Avatar', as in 'Avatar of a deity'. I'd really prefer it if people just called me Irine, you know, my name? 'Avatar' is kinda overwhelming and makes me uncomfortable."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: January 21, 2018, 04:41:32 pm »

Brian Hoss, near Maximus

Move my eyes to myself, deactivate my mag-boots, jump toward more steady ground, reactivate my mag-boots if possible, and hope I don't float off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: January 21, 2018, 11:06:54 pm »

John- Inside the Maximus

John stood up gingerly, shaking the ringing out of his ears.  "Well.  Clearly we're going to need to be more careful in the future.  I saw the little trap and missed the big one."

He pulled up the map on his interface and pointed at the back of the ship.  "I think we need to get the power back on as a major goal.  If we head toward the back, we can stop in at the med bay for Svajoklis and see if there's anything we can do to help him.  After that, we hit up the main armory and gear up; I wouldn't be surprised if there's resistance somewhere.  The secondary bridge is right there; we can try to grab info from there.  Past that is a straight shot to engineering, which leads to the backup reactor; it's probably in the best shape to fire up first.  We can regroup there."

John looked to his teammates.  "Thoughts?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: January 22, 2018, 12:38:36 am »

"I was the doll, actually. You got me pretty good back there. Really hurt." she says while absent-mindedly touching the point where the sword had hit her.
"Well, 'possessing' it would be a more accurate description, I guess." she adds with a gesture to indicate that it's a trivial difference.
Still, from what you saw in her mind, she did indeed feel pain. Ripping that sword from her body couldn't have been easy.
"To answer your second question, yes this was a test. For both of us. And a game I suppose."
She takes a few long strides towards you, moving towards your right.
"My Queen wanted me to test your skill. And I suppose she also wanted to give me a message, restricting me and toying with me like that."
She makes an exasperated sigh but a moment later she looks away and puts her finger on her chin.
”Or was the message directed to you?" she muses.
Her mannerisms appear a bit too theatrical, like she's giving a show and wants even the people sitting in the back to see how's she's feeling.
She raises her arms and shakes her head.
"Well, it doesn't matter now. What matters is that I was given the task of finding you. And after finding you, I was given the task of defeating you in this Arena. And losing, well..."
She looks down for a second.
"Losing was not an option."
She looks at you again, cheery once more.
"Good thing I managed to defeat you without killing you, right? Otherwise one of us would be dead by now."
She turns around and sits down besides you, leaning back and using her arms to support herself. She looks at the fire raging on the top floors as if she's stargazing. The building probably won't last long.
"Then again, I do not think my Queen would had let me die unless I made a considerable blunder. Every time you came close to defeating me she unlocked more of my abilities."
You can see her face and clothes clearly now, illuminated by the fire. She looks very much like your doll but real, made of flesh and blood.
"Like I said, a test. And a game."

"Sacrebleu!" Napoleon muttered as anger crept across his face for a bit. He then turned toward the burning museum, idling thinking of the old man Lady Amarante... did something to. Perhaps death would've been preferable to seeing his precious museum burn to the ground the way he reacted to Napoleon taking the sword from the queenly mannequin. However Napoleon wasn't in the mood to obsess over his fate. Thinking over what Amarante just said, Napoleon begin to feel even better than before. This stranger, who's wearing one of his dolls as a suit, have just admitted that the Queen had to essentially cheat more than once for her to even stand a chance against him. Otherwise, he would've killed her many times over! Naturally, the prospect of being more powerful than even he thought possible swelled his pride tenfold, as least that's what he thought. The possible truth is that had Amarante have all her abilities fully unlocked at the beginning of the fight, she would've reduced him to a broken and whimpering wreck before he should say 'checkmate'. Nevertheless, despite his arrogance larger-than-life self-confidence Napoleon was nothing if not prudent, for if this Queen could easily stack the odds against him in such a way, killing him off for real would take as much effort for her as it would take to swat a mosquito off her arm.

"Test or no test, I really didn't appreciate being thrust into an ordeal that's brimming with irony!" he continued, still feeling upset but otherwise a bit better. He then sighed. "Nevertheless, since I'm not currently someone's involuntary puppet and you've just piqued my interest in this 'Queen' you speak of, I'll let this one slide. Now that the test is done, perhaps you can take me to the Queen. I'm sure that she didn't send me through this fiasco just to entertain herself."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: January 22, 2018, 01:47:32 pm »

((Also, Paris, have you been studying at the Piecewise school of trap design?   :P))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: January 22, 2018, 03:24:21 pm »

<Svajoklis, inside Maximus>

Go find a working terminal and see if I can find directions to medbay or something similar, ideally in a form of map of the base.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: January 22, 2018, 04:13:42 pm »

((We have a map already:

https://i.imgur.com/JKnqbio.gif

Or are you looking for more detail?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: January 22, 2018, 05:03:38 pm »

"Don't listen to them. I chose you as my squire because I saw potential in you. They are just jealous. Don't let that get to your head though, I'm sure they will have your back when it counts and that you will have theirs, we are all comrades after all. After you face danger together and prove that fact I'm sure the teasing will stop. Now eat your soup before it gets cold."

Tsar the pot of soup to be tastier and healthier and more filling. Alan isn't the only food mage.

Nikolai has a couple drinks then gets to talking to the alchemist.
He tells her of the food where he's from. It is a mix of ancient preserved rations, unappetizing "nutrient slurry" and slightly radioactive mutant livestock and plants. These were combined in surprisingly tasty ways. Still was tough to chew compared to the food in this world.

Where did he grow up? The Bunker. He was forced to leave after he manifested his powers (No Mutants Allowed!) and he was taken into a surface bandit gang. Used to perform petty swindling tricks at first (tsar a trinket then trade it for valuable stuff). Things happened, the gang merged and split several times and eventually Nikolai found himself leading a small mercenary band mainly focused on protecting caravans. Gas masks were his groups main uniform and symbol. There were a couple other members with powers. Boris had rocket propelled arms and legs, Zinaida could make plants wither, and Mykhail had a few extra eyes and fingers.

There was this one prostitute, Natalya, who always told him to come back safe.

Now, tech talk. Get the blank book for drawing the diagrams in.
((Will edit this in))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: January 22, 2018, 08:15:05 pm »

Kosak Durar:

"GAAH! What kind of a trap was that?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: January 23, 2018, 12:46:59 am »

Stephano Falcone

"...If you need any assistance, let me know Iris. I have ways of helping with serious injuries."

Look in the kitchen for a snack. Then check up on Iris in the bedroom. If she is in critical condition, then remove my sunglasses and attempt to heal her. If my powers do not work, then examine her injury more closely. Determine what medical supplies I need for her injury, and search the building for those medical supplies. If I can't find any or she's too close to death for me to leave her, then try to help in whatever way I can.

(I might edit this post later and add some internal thoughts for Stephano. Just not feeling up to it at the moment)
Insert witty signature here

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7257 on: January 24, 2018, 12:17:46 am »

"I was the doll, actually. You got me pretty good back there. Really hurt." she says while absent-mindedly touching the point where the sword had hit her.
"Well, 'possessing' it would be a more accurate description, I guess." she adds with a gesture to indicate that it's a trivial difference.
Still, from what you saw in her mind, she did indeed feel pain. Ripping that sword from her body couldn't have been easy.
"To answer your second question, yes this was a test. For both of us. And a game I suppose."
She takes a few long strides towards you, moving towards your right.
"My Queen wanted me to test your skill. And I suppose she also wanted to give me a message, restricting me and toying with me like that."
She makes an exasperated sigh but a moment later she looks away and puts her finger on her chin.
”Or was the message directed to you?" she muses.
Her mannerisms appear a bit too theatrical, like she's giving a show and wants even the people sitting in the back to see how's she's feeling.
She raises her arms and shakes her head.
"Well, it doesn't matter now. What matters is that I was given the task of finding you. And after finding you, I was given the task of defeating you in this Arena. And losing, well..."
She looks down for a second.
"Losing was not an option."
She looks at you again, cheery once more.
"Good thing I managed to defeat you without killing you, right? Otherwise one of us would be dead by now."
She turns around and sits down besides you, leaning back and using her arms to support herself. She looks at the fire raging on the top floors as if she's stargazing. The building probably won't last long.
"Then again, I do not think my Queen would had let me die unless I made a considerable blunder. Every time you came close to defeating me she unlocked more of my abilities."
You can see her face and clothes clearly now, illuminated by the fire. She looks very much like your doll but real, made of flesh and blood.
"Like I said, a test. And a game."

"Sacrebleu!" Napoleon muttered as anger crept across his face for a bit. He then turned toward the burning museum, idling thinking of the old man Lady Amarante... did something to. Perhaps death would've been preferable to seeing his precious museum burn to the ground the way he reacted to Napoleon taking the sword from the queenly mannequin. However Napoleon wasn't in the mood to obsess over his fate. Thinking over what Amarante just said, Napoleon begin to feel even better than before. This stranger, who's wearing one of his dolls as a suit, have just admitted that the Queen had to essentially cheat more than once for her to even stand a chance against him. Otherwise, he would've killed her many times over! Naturally, the prospect of being more powerful than even he thought possible swelled his pride tenfold, as least that's what he thought. The possible truth is that had Amarante have all her abilities fully unlocked at the beginning of the fight, she would've reduced him to a broken and whimpering wreck before he should say 'checkmate'. Nevertheless, despite his arrogance larger-than-life self-confidence Napoleon was nothing if not prudent, for if this Queen could easily stack the odds against him in such a way, killing him off for real would take as much effort for her as it would take to swat a mosquito off her arm.

"Test or no test, I really didn't appreciate being thrust into an ordeal that's brimming with irony!" he continued, still feeling upset but otherwise a bit better.
"Ha! Yes, the irony was painful." she says with a bitter smile.
"But I understand why she did it. It was a very nice touch."

He then sighed. "Nevertheless, since I'm not currently someone's involuntary puppet and you've just piqued my interest in this 'Queen' you speak of, I'll let this one slide. Now that the test is done, perhaps you can take me to the Queen. I'm sure that she didn't send me through this fiasco just to entertain herself."
"That is up to her." she says, laying back.
"'Royalty doesn't walk on the dirt like the common rabble. Royalty doesn't do servants' work. Royalty works with Grace, Diligence and Detachment.'"
She turns to look at you.
"Wouldn't you agree?"
You notice she's avoided answering your question. Perhaps you should be more direct.

Stephano Falcone

"...If you need any assistance, let me know Iris. I have ways of helping with serious injuries."

Look in the kitchen for a snack. Then check up on Iris in the bedroom. If she is in critical condition, then remove my sunglasses and attempt to heal her. If my powers do not work, then examine her injury more closely. Determine what medical supplies I need for her injury, and search the building for those medical supplies. If I can't find any or she's too close to death for me to leave her, then try to help in whatever way I can.

(I might edit this post later and add some internal thoughts for Stephano. Just not feeling up to it at the moment)
She considers this for half a second but keeps walking.
"I'm fine, thanks." she says as she enters the bedroom, closing the door behind her.
You decide to leave her be for now and go search the kitchen for a snack. You check the cupboards. Canned meat, canned tuna, lentils, pasta, rice... Hm. Not the sort of stuff you can eat without preparation, not sure- Oh, wait, chocolate! It's been a while since you've had some. You unwrap a piece and put it in your mouth. It's a bit stale but it's not bad. With each bite it crumbles pleasantly, filling your mouth with its sweet taste. You look outside the window as you chew. It's so quiet. No birds are singing. Not even the wind is blowing. The only sign of movement is grey clouds slowly making their way across the sky.
"Aagh!" you hear Iris emit a muffled scream.
You quickly gulp down the last of the chocolate in your mouth as you run towards the bedroom.
"Iris?" you ask as you open the door and rush into the room.
Iris is sitting on the bed with her back against the wall, her shirt raised slightly to reveal the injury in her lower torso. She looks around and tries to move away from you as you enter. You get the feeling she's afraid of you.
"Ah. Ah. I said..." she tries to say between deep, pained breaths.
You understand from the bloody pliers and the bottle of high proof alcohol lying in bed next to her that she was trying to remove the bullet from her wound. Successfully, judging from the bloody metal fragments on the nightstand next to her.

"Oh yeah, that's cool. He keeps to himself anyway. Just don't irritate him, he's likely caused at least one apocalypse before if I have his story right."

Off to tell my story again! In full if possible.
"Good. Come with me."
The guard in black leads you up the stairs. The swordsman stays behind to guard the stairs, though he smiles his unnerving grin and waves at you as you walk away.

The small balcony at the top of the stairs is populated by an array of colorful characters, no doubt people close to this 'boss' guy. They watch you as you go by but none of them say anything to you, instead continuing their drinking and smoking.

You go through a small door and into a corridor.  Your target is behind one of those doors but the guard doesn't lead you to it. He grunts a greeting to the woman standing guard there and directs you to the door next to it instead. He instructs you to wait while he informs the boss about you. He leaves the room and locks the door behind him. You inspect the room while you wait. Hunting trophies, expensive carpets from the Sovereignty, comfortable furniture and rare drinks. Looks like it's good to be King of Crime. No traps or enchantments that you can see. Then again, you aren't the best at magic, so maybe there's something you missed. No sounds from the other rooms either, just the sound of the guards in the corridor. Soundproofed maybe?

A minute after the guard leaves, he returns.
"Be respectful to the boss if you know what's good for you." he warns you as he steps into the room. The Boss follows soon after.

The Boss is strange. He's definitely corporeal or at least a very good illusion, since you can hear him walking. But he has no smell, no heartbeat, not even breathing besides the movement of air which is necessary for speech. Is this his real form or just some magical construct he uses to meet people he doesn't trust?

Visually he looks like a man with ashen skin, covered in think dark cloaks that obscure the rest of his form. Even his hands and forearms are covered in grey bandage-like strips of cloth. He is tall and the many layers of fabric make him appear quite large. There is definitely some intelligence there, you can see it in his eyes, constantly scanning, inspecting you, appraising you even as he is walking.

He sits down on the chair closest to the entrance, on the opposite side of the room from you.
"Mr 'Lucky' Ike Watkins. It is so good to finally meet you."
His voice sounds smooth, normal, not monstrous or distorted as one might expect.
"Grim here" he continues, indicating the guard in black "tells me you have quite the story for me."
"I've heard so much about you. A hunter from another world. Saviour of Road's End and defender of Chizra. Wearer of the armor of the First King. Traveling with the wielder of the Sword of Kings as well as one of the two known Bond-Formers in this world. Leader of your own little band of warriors with the blessings and the aid of Chizra no less. It is so good to finally meet you in person."
Well, this guy certainly knows a lot. The guard he called Grim doesn't appear surprised from all this, though you don't know if he already knew all that or if he simply doesn't care.
"It will certainly be interesting hearing your story from your own mouth."

And so you tell him your story. He seems to already be aware of a good chunk of it, so you are able to skim through those parts, only answering questions he has about them. He is particularly interested in any information you have on Ineth the capital and what the monks of Chizra told you about the war in the South, beyond the Scar. He also asks a lot of questions about the underground chambers where you found your armour and the political and criminal situation in Chizra. You don't say too much more than what you told the monks of Chizra. You don't think it's a good idea to give blackmail material to a criminal so you don't mention things like the little magical WMD your caravan is carrying. Nevertheless he seems quite satisfied with the information you do provide.

"Thank you. This has been a very enlightening conversation. It certainly helped clarify some things. A man like you is of interest to a great many people and naturally those sorts of people tend to come to me, one way or another. Like, for example, that group of Sovereignty Commandos hanging around downstairs. They were quite interested in you from the start, it was one of their main requests for me to get involved with you. In exchange for a significant reward, of course. Perhaps more than you are actually worth. And after that little show you put on downstairs... well, they've been quite agitated. They sent out a messenger, they've been tailing your friend, they've requested that I capture you and deliver you to them twice so far."
Strange, you didn't see anyone speaking to him. Probably gained that information through magic then.
"Their extreme interest in you... Quite intriguing."
He pauses, perhaps waiting to see your reaction to this before he decides how to continue.

"There IS a name for what I am, but I don't like to use it. The technically correct term is 'Avatar', as in 'Avatar of a deity'. I'd really prefer it if people just called me Irine, you know, my name? 'Avatar' is kinda overwhelming and makes me uncomfortable."
"I see. Irine it is then."
"What do you like doing Irine? I mean in your spare time. Weave? Garden?"
"Hunt? Explore?"
"Study? Cook?"
"Do you eat the same things as humans? More? Less?"

Brian Hoss, near Maximus

Move my eyes to myself, deactivate my mag-boots, jump toward more steady ground, reactivate my mag-boots if possible, and hope I don't float off.
You jump off the armor plate, trying to let the flow of the liquid carry you over and away from it. You aren't quick enough. The heavy plate slams you in the face but you manage to roll with the hit and not get hurt. You keep rolling until you are thrown off the plate, floating away from the ship until the lights from your suit can no longer illuminate it. You are left floating in the darkness- Gah!
: Got you! :
In a blur of light the Phoenix flies past you, grabbing you and dragging you towards the ship. It slows down and lands next to the still-glowing mess of mangled metal left by the explosion, the rapidly cooling material moaning slightly as it does so. It gently sets you down and then proceeds to inspect the area.

<Svajoklis, inside Maximus>

Go find a working terminal and see if I can find directions to medbay or something similar, ideally in a form of map of the base.
There should be a first aid kit in a nearby corridor with more spread around the place. It contains basic medical equipment you could use to try to keep yourself from dying.

There are also stasis chambers in most living quarters and some work areas that can be used to keep someone frozen until they can receive proper medical attention. There should be one relatively close by that you can get into. Of course, that would mean that you would have to trust your teammates to carry you.

For automated medical equipment and prosthetics you have to go to the medical section of the ship which would require you to acquire a means of transportation if you are to get there in a reasonable timeframe.

((Also, Paris, have you been studying at the Piecewise school of trap design?   :P))
Well, I clearly didn't study hard enough, otherwise you'd all be vaporized. :P

: John? Are you and the others OK? My sensors show no structural damage on your surrounding area. :

Edit: Sorry NAV, missed you. Got to go to work now, will try to respond later.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:20:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: January 24, 2018, 12:39:30 am »

"Well, that's all pretty interesting (though I'm not really sure which friend you mean), but I'm more into the idea of finding out what's happened to my buddy Alan, it'd be unsafe to leave him out without supervision for long. Heck, I have no idea what he even did to disappear like he did. Can I see that guy Brad maybe? He's the last one who saw him."

"And hey, thanks for giving me the briefing on what's what around here. Anything I can do for you to return the favor?"

Chat with the crimelord politely.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: January 24, 2018, 12:55:08 am »

"In my free time? Eh, I hunt if I'm worried about food or whatever, but that's not really free time, that's more of a taking care of myself kind of thing. Really I just like to play like any other kid, though I don't get to do that all that often, or maybe spend time watching people. Humans can be really fascinating and neat, and generally I like em as a whole. Though exceptions can be made for individuals. As for diet, I eat mostly the same stuff humans eat, though I'm predisposed to like meat, especially when I'm fully a fox."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 521