Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128355 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Photon Carnage
« Reply #7215 on: January 07, 2018, 06:04:36 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I'm looking for this guy named Brad. That might be an alias or whatever. Gotta find out where he last saw a buddy of mine so that I can go find him. Not gonna stab anyone without a lot of provocation if that's what you're worried about, and I'm not with the cops either."

Explain frankly what I'm there to do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: January 07, 2018, 06:19:11 am »

Walking Tank, Maximus

Considering my actions before I disappeared for a bit were protecting the group that went into the ship, he'd be with them.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7217 on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:22 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I'm looking for this guy named Brad. That might be an alias or whatever. Gotta find out where he last saw a buddy of mine so that I can go find him. Not gonna stab anyone without a lot of provocation if that's what you're worried about, and I'm not with the cops either."

Explain frankly what I'm there to do.
He looks at you when you say the name Brad. Looks like people here know him then.
"Hmm... So you say. And how exactly did you find this place then, Mr. ...?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: January 07, 2018, 11:15:34 am »

Coughing profusely, Napoleon blinked in confusion as he stared up at this stranger, trying to see her features clearly into the shadows cast by the burning building. For some reason, she seemed... familiar. No that can't be it, he assured himself. This is only a hallucination brought on him by the stresses of a life-or-death situation. Nothing more.

"Thank you madame for rescuing me," Napoleon said as he got up and dusted off his clothes, which were repairing the scorched portions back to pristine condition. He then gave her a low bow. "If you haven't pulled me from that building, I would've been burned alive. Nevertheless, as long as that stupid doll who tried to control me are still pinned to that wall, then I'm satisfied. I trust that it will find Hell to be much more accommodating. Anyway, to who do I owe the pleasure?"

Await the strange person's response.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: January 07, 2018, 11:53:35 am »

He looks at you when you say the name Brad. Looks like people here know him then.

"Lucky Ike Watkins at your service, and this is my good friend and crystal wizard Zechariah. I sniffed your boy out from traces left back at Chizra. Don't worry, he didn't take anything valuable, at least nothing that I want back, I just gotta ask him where he put my best bud and noted chaos wizard Alan. Other than that we're probably cool."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: January 07, 2018, 03:54:15 pm »

Brian Hoss, Hull of the Maximus

Play some solitaire and hope that tremor means stuff is getting done.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: January 07, 2018, 04:19:14 pm »

*composing song lyrics, please wait*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: January 08, 2018, 02:59:55 pm »

Alan, Musically Talented Performer

I don't know, would your awesomeness compare to the sum of the combined awesomeness of everyone else?

Alan scoffs at no one in particular. ”Do I compare to the combined greatness of everyone else in the world? Buddy pal guy, have you met me?

Music starts playing. Or at least it does in Alan's perception of things.

Well River and Ike kill things like a breeze
Irene’s backstory is a long-ass tale
Zech's a serious duck, man, c'mon jeez
And Nik's a Russian drinking like a whale
You gotta wonder, who can round this out
Who could possibly shove in some ham?
To add some punch, pizzazz, Red Bull and 'halp'
Well if you want those things then I'm your man
'Cuz I am

Alan R! (Just for short,
M'last name's long as a tree)
I'm a man-sized toddler
A work of art!
You ain't never met a man like me
No no no

I'm made of silly jokes
And branded referencing
Pepto Bismol, pop cans, bikes and boats
You ain't never been Alan like me

Yes sir, I'm widely out of context
I'm a goof
No see, just saw
Seduce a fish
I'll make that switch
Some people call it quite a mental flaaaaw

I've got no backstory
I just popped out of me
Yes I'm the dude to help your mood
You ain't never ate a pen like me

'Alan stop!'
Bleh bleh!
'Alan no!'
Nyeh nyeh!
'Oh god why?!'
Because yes!

Are other folks like this?
Do other folks get fat?
Would they go jump this and then not go splat?
Do others go myoop?
'Cause I just did
Can anyone combine Silly String
And an oven in the way that I will?

So doncha wish you had a tricycle
Larger than the pumpkin county fair?
Well you just gotta grab my leg and pull
And I'll give it to ya, size of a bear
Here, have a pile of forks high as a house
Or some donuts (They're good for you, ya know)
Aw c'mon friend, don't you sit there and pout
We'll play with something nice and slow - yo-yos

So mister universe, why don't you prove to me
I cannot jog, but in the nog
There ain't never been a man, never been a man
Who ain't ever been Alan, ever been Alan
No one's ever been Alan, ever been Alan
There ain't never!
Ever!
Been a gem like me!

No one's ever been Alan like me!"

Justify retaining my identity in the face of the combined experiences of every other thinking being via the power of sheer ego and spontaneous musicals.

((I don't know why my muse found this necessary, but here we are.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:51:09 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7223 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:28 pm »

Coughing profusely, Napoleon blinked in confusion as he stared up at this stranger, trying to see her features clearly into the shadows cast by the burning building. For some reason, she seemed... familiar. No that can't be it, he assured himself. This is only a hallucination brought on him by the stresses of a life-or-death situation. Nothing more.

"Thank you madame for rescuing me," Napoleon said as he got up and dusted off his clothes, which were repairing the scorched portions back to pristine condition. He then gave her a low bow. "If you haven't pulled me from that building, I would've been burned alive. Nevertheless, as long as that stupid doll who tried to control me are still pinned to that wall, then I'm satisfied. I trust that it will find Hell to be much more accommodating. Anyway, to who do I owe the pleasure?"

Await the strange person's response.
"Ah, my fair prince" she says with a mischievous smile that makes you feel she doesn't fully mean that "it was only fair that I get you out of there, given that I was the one who put you there in the first place."

"But to answer your question I am Lady Norie Amarante, Guardian of Silver, Knight and servant of my Queen, at your service." she says, making a small bow as she finishes.

hania - Alice is Dead

"Lucky Ike Watkins at your service, and this is my good friend and crystal wizard Zechariah. I sniffed your boy out from traces left back at Chizra. Don't worry, he didn't take anything valuable, at least nothing that I want back, I just gotta ask him where he put my best bud and noted chaos wizard Alan. Other than that we're probably cool."
"Hm. I see."
He unblocks your path and makes a gesture that you may continue.
"Your 'friend' is in there. If he wishes to speak with you is another matter entirely."
You reach out to open the door.
"Just remember where you are."
He opens his coat just enough to show you his knife. Given the multi-coloured shininess of the handle, you'd guess it's enchanted.
"You're in trouble."
With that not-so-veiled warning delivered, he leans back against the wall and laughs.
"Enjoy your stay."

You step inside the pub, the door slamming shut behind you. The entrance lead into a small room where two armed men are playing some kind of board game. They don't show any reaction to your entrance. From there you make your way into a wide open area with many rectangular tables, some of them of quite different make. There's a stage and a bar, as well as a staircase leading to a balcony overlooking the entire thing.

The low light given off by the dim torches and small magical lamps makes a stark difference to the harsh sunlight outside, helping to hide the faces of those sitting on the tables. The tables have been arranged to form uneven groups, leaving large gaps between them. Nearly everyone has a drink in front of them and some of the tables feature multi-stemmed hookahs. The smell of distilled alcohol is everywhere supplemented by faint undertones of rot and blood and the smoke is so thick one could be forgiven for the exaggeration of calling it fog. You sure are glad you have all those protective upgrades. You think the smell alone might be enough to get someone intoxicated.

Only two areas in this room are equipped with large light sources, the bar and the stage. The bar is manned by a rather fierce-looking and somewhat large woman. The stage features a man playing a stringed instrument while a scantly clad man and a similarly dressed women perform a slow dance interspersed with the occasional acrobatic feat.

One of the groups stands out for looking and smelling surprisingly clean compared to the rest of the patrons of this establishment, four men sulking in a dark corner.

Another stands out for being made out of three beastmen. One ox-man, some sort of rodent-man and a dog-man.

A third stands out due to how lively it is. Someone appears to be trying to make a speech but failing due to their drunkenness.

Another is composed of 5 women in dirty dark clothing, some of the few women around here that don't appear to be working here. They don't look like they're doing much, other than just standing there.

Another seems to be engaged in some sort of card game. Judging by the angry shouts, the stakes must be high, though you aren't certain if they are stakes of gold or of pride.

There are also interesting fellows at the bar. Like this guy full of leather and metal spikes and dark spiky hair and giant spiky mug and helmet and sword. This guy has so many edges he must be the lord of all the edges. Or that lanky guy that you're pretty sure smells too much like some other human's flesh and blood and other things that should stay inside the body even more so than everybody else around here, like he recently cut someone open and crawled inside them.

Of course, despite this assortment of interesting fellows, the person you're really interested in is nowhere to be seen. His scent tells you he's upstairs, past the guarded stairs, past the balcony and into some room of the second floor. While the stairs may be guarded by two brutish men, there's always the chance there's another less protected stairway. You could go through the corridor leading further into the pub to investigate.

Not many people seem to care about you being here to do more than give you a glance. The exception is a voluptuous half-elf woman in red who approaches you and leans against you and your companion in a quite lewd manner.
"Hello boys. Are you looking for some fun?~"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: January 08, 2018, 03:36:26 pm »

John:  Inside the Maximus

Y
Let's get this thing off.

"I think we've got it, but someone really tried their best to prevent meddling.  Someone who knew how this worked.  We better be careful."

Keep looking around once the turret is disabled.  What else on the network can we see from here?  Where's the next closest place to go to control more of the ship systems?

((EDIT:  The elements that are often mentioned in the campaign: are they mostly specific to their setting or are they more universal?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: January 08, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »

((Setting-specific))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: January 08, 2018, 04:01:39 pm »

"Ah, my fair prince" she says with a mischievous smile that makes you feel she doesn't fully mean that "it was only fair that I get you out of there, given that I was the one who put you there in the first place."

"But to answer your question I am Lady Norie Amarante, Guardian of Silver, Knight and servant of my Queen, at your service." she says, making a small bow as she finishes.

(Xantalos, your character is such a class act. Please keep it up!)

"I am Napoleon Lambeau and I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady Amarante," Napoleon said as he wrinkled an eyebrow. He then paused for a few minutes as he try to make out more of the stranger's facial details in the shadows. "You say that you're the reason I'm here in the first place and, based on your evaluation of my fighting capabilities, I can easily assume that you was watching me the entire time. Were you... responsible for that twisted doll? Is this some sort of... test?"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:41:45 pm by Sir Elventide »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: January 08, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »

((I do what I can! (and also what my muse forces me to))

As an aside, check my previous post if you missed it, Paris. It went up just before you posted so there's a chance you could overlook it when you go to write a new turn.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:55:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: January 08, 2018, 06:56:17 pm »

Spoiler: large quote (click to show/hide)
((The above is based on how I see Irine in social interactions. To me she seems a bit aloof or maybe driven, like even though she is friendly, helpful and reasonably polite, she mostly approaches 'foreign' people with her objective in mind rather than merely to socialize and is a bit reserved/guarded on first encounters (which is reasonable given her experiences so far). Even the way you phrased it 'let the new additions meet her' rather than 'meet the new additions' seems to support that. Please feel free to correct me if you feel how I think she would act is wrong.))
((You got it right))
well then, so what they're doing is removing the magic from an area. a very large area that I'm stuck in, but still, an area. and what they're doing is incremental, weakening it in that area by a small amount, just effecting the entire zone and doing so repeatedly over time.
The answer to that is simple, and is EXACTLY in line with how Irine's abilities work. Remember that the way she "performs magic" is by making the fires around her part of herself? That manipulating fire is for her simply moving a part of her body? And how she is capable of actively generating additional flame over time, and maintaining preexisting fire despite lack of fuel? She IS the counterspell to this effect, or at least she is the inverse of the spell. And on top of that, now that she knows what's going on, she can take further steps to reverse it. Directly.

<Hey, Triplesword? Do you sleep?>
specifically, she can concentrate more fire magic into a small area, and actively generate and maintain that effect.
<I was wondering if, while I was sleeping, you would be able to maintain my flames for me if I have some active. Maybe kinda a lot of it active actually.>
The problem with this is that it's, although effortless, an active effect. and Irine does need to sleep sometime.
<I think I can counteract the flame damper in a small area at least by simply generating extra fire and maintaining it, maybe concentrating surrounding flames as well. But I have to sleep sometime and don't want to risk the concentrated intense flames going out of control. Or am I misunderstanding how magic works here?>

Regarding how Irine acts towards the others, and how she breaks the norm, she might as well take steps to put them more at ease. The next time she interacts with someone that's uneasy about her and is nonhostile, she'll want to let them know a bit more about herself and her attitudes towards leadership, I'd like to RP the specifics if you don't mind.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: January 09, 2018, 12:30:22 am »

((To account for the time I didn't respond adequately))

Yes, potions which can help meditate and attune with the Flow are greatly appreciated. Purchase a few of these from the alchemist if possible.

((And now for the present...))

Zechariah was a little fond of the fiendish charm of the bar. Such a place of vivid - if not sinister - character was rather comforting in a foreign world - or universe, even. If everything else was to be hostile and alien to him, at least he could take solace in the fact that disreputable figures still prefer to congregate in sullied quarters.

Zechariah barely paid attention to the charmer; he only looked her over to see if she had weapons concealed on her person. Beyond that, he didn't care. However, he was still wary of the attention they were attracting. Accordingly, he spoke to Ike: "We should move quickly. The more time we spend here, the more attention we'll attract. Do you have any ideas of where our target is?"
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 521