Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129241 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6555 on: November 26, 2016, 08:42:05 am »

Was I doing anything?
You're back in the staging area. I suppose we could give you levelups and start preparing for the next mission while those three finish up with that mission.

"You know, I had misunderstood you. I thought you were just a drunk stupid fighter that liked to punch things. But I can see now that there's more to you than that. You hold promise."
"Meh. Chasing immortality, legacy. What good is that if you know there's no victory against death and oblivion?"
"Says you. I plan to live forever. Saying you can't win? Admitting defeat before it has occurred? You can't win with that attitude.
"And I say screw the legacy. What matters is here. Now. The actions you take, the choices you make, the things you do while you are still alive, all the ways you enjoy yourself."
"Carpe diem?"
"If you're into that sort of thing, then sure, why not?"

"Why can't creating a dojo be something I enjoy? Both one's legacy and one's life are important, but there's no reason creating a legacy can't be an enjoyable part of my life. But what's "carpe diem"?"
"It means living your life the way you want it. To free yourself from anything that is holding you back."
"It means to live your life to the fullest. What living your life to the fullest means though, that's up for interpretation. I mean, if you're going to believe the idiocies he's spouting-"
"Oh, now what's with the ad hominem? Run out of good arguments? Or are you just trying to get me to kill you again? Because you'll have to try harder than that."
"I have to try? I thought you always want to kill me."
"True, but that doesn't mean I am constantly trying."
"Yeah it does. You see this guy talks about being free, but in the end he's just a slave of his obsession with me."
"Hah. You'd wish. Just because you're obsessed with yourself doesn't mean everyone else is."

Heal, prepare to continue on our journey to find River's target. Nothing that has happened here has given us reason to change our guess as to where it is. Once everyone has healed, we can move along.
Assuming you get the sword to help, we can say you're all healed and ready to go within a day or two. We can also get Nikolai revived before you leave.

<Is there anything you want before we move on? Anyone you want to talk to to help you find whoever you've been waiting for?>
Did the sword change its appearance or size? How heavy is it to me, bearing in mind I'm in hybrid form?
<Is there anything I need to know about you since we're traveling together?>
<Searching is unnecessary. Fate will lead us to them when it should.>
<We also don't know who they are. Not fully. We will know when the time comes.>

It's a bit heavy. Its blade is smaller now so that you can handle it more easily. Looks like a knife with a very large hilt.

<We will not turn against you or strike you with a curse for no reason, if that is what you're concerned about. And if anyone tries to take us from you we can deal with them.>

sometime during the healing process when I need some exercise, I'll go somewhere out of the way and ask:
<Could you teach me the fundamentals of wielding you? I've never held a sword before.>
<Neither have we. But from what we have seen, it is not so difficult to understand. You cut things, they bleed or break.>
<Okay, maybe not that fundamental.>
<We can practice. We can advise you on your form. How you should hold us and swing us to better hurt others. We can even guide you during combat, but you should not rely on it. It is not easy, for we do not have control over your body.>
<However using our body to strike things is not our best use. It is better suited for defense. For keeping yourself and those close to you safe, should all else fail.>
<Our magical powers are our biggest strength. We can give you some quick advice on the subject.>
<Due to the way our body is built, each aspect of ourselves is better expressed through a different part.>
<Fire through the heart of the blade, all the way to its tip.>
<Order through the edges and the guard.>
<Light through the hilt.>
<During combat and outside of it, guide us and think of the best way to achieve what you wish. More explicit commands help us achieve better and more powerful results. Our best wielders moved fluidly, quickly changing stances, dancing through moves and abilities as the situation demanded.>

"Thanks gardener guy! I'll go find some animal thingies. C'mon, Bill And Ted! We're gonna do science!"

Put on my science hat. Go find some young child and feed them a leaf from Bill And Ted.
The kid is scared at first but then really likes it. Says it tastes like a sweetroll, but a bit worse, like there's something else mixed in it. You do not notice any other strange effects. Maybe you need a larger sample?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: November 26, 2016, 11:00:00 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Secure ourselves some riding beasts because walking is for scrubs. Maybe get a coach for maximum travel comfort.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: November 26, 2016, 11:37:22 am »

Saevus, After the End

"Hail. Allow me to test thy mettle."

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: November 26, 2016, 11:39:03 am »

Alan, Super Master Botanist

Hmm. Feed the kid ... say 5 or 6 leaves, assuming that isn't taking too much off of Bill And Ted.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: November 26, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »

Yes, lets revive Nik before we go. Is Nik's player here and ready?

I also test my own abilities and see if they're still impacted or if they recovered while my body recovered. I test generation, shifting, and manipulation separately, especially since generation has typically been hardest for me and manipulation easiest.

<Do we have to be touching for us to work together or if, say, I was in my fox-form and sent you telepathic requests from a short distance away would you be able to work with them? Or if I need assistance but was knocked unconsious and am not holding you anymore, would you still be able to act?>
Do I have a channel to talk to the sword telepathically from a distance now that we're linked? or do I still need to either be touching it or be in fox-form?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: November 26, 2016, 05:31:36 pm »

((I PM'd NAV to let him know.))
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: November 26, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6562 on: November 26, 2016, 08:51:57 pm »

Saevus, After the End

"Hail. Allow me to test thy mettle."

"Um... hi?"

After staring at each other for a moment, the two opponents jump into action. Saevus de-materializes his hammer and charges towards John, holding his shield in front of him. John raises his cannon and fires at Saevus' general direction, not bothering to take aim. There is a deafening bang as the crude gun fires, its massive recoil pushing John back. Pieces of metal shrapnel tear softball-sized holes through the walls and carve deep gashes on the floor, severing roots and spraying the grey liquid in them around. But Saevus is unharmed. The pieces of metal that were heading towards him stopped before they even touched his shield.

Saevus is unhurt but not unaffected. Not suprising for someone who just survived such a powerful attack. He stumbles but keeps going. One of the bots tries to stop him with a grappling hook but Saevus manages to deflect it with his shield.

<Oh, yes! Now this is a proper fight!>
<Yes. The tank versus the summoner. This shall be entertaining.>

The bots open up on Saevus with their lasers, circling around him as they try to keep him in sight and flank him. But once more he is unaffected. The lasers cut red-hot gashes into his shield and make the air above his armour glow from the heat but no gash or cut appears on the armour itself. Saevus slides into cover behind a large pump-like machine and slams his shield to the ground, anchoring it. He braces the HMG on the shield and starts firing on the bots. He lands some hits but they don't hit anything vital. They do cause some damage though, ripping off large pieces of armour. The bots try to retaliate but Saevus' cover and shield offer him good protection.

John, meanwhile, has taken cover behind a similar machine on the other side of the room and has just finished reloading his cannon.

WMD, After the End

You walk down the stairs and stand on the opposite side of the room from the monster.
"Hey there big fella."
The monster gurgles something and then leaps towards you. You transform just in time for one of your anchors to impale it through the gut, leaving it dangling in the air.
You haven't been having the best of days today.
The monster tries to cut itself free with its claws.
So having something to vent your frustration on? That's not so bad.
You start hitting the monster in the head, hitting and slicing it and poking it until you have cut it off, releasing a stream of blood.
But just when you think you're done, that thing gets back up again. So you strike it again. This time you grab the thing by its arm and pull its tubes with your other appendages until you have ripped them out, taking large chunks of flesh with them. Only that seems to be enough to kill the thing.

Campaign, Ike!

Secure ourselves some riding beasts because walking is for scrubs. Maybe get a coach for maximum travel comfort.
You already have a couple of mules courtesy of the gratitude of the villagers. You could buy an oxcart or more mules or similar.

With news of the war in the east spreading, a new opportunity has presented itself. Hearing you will be heading east, some people have come to you asking to travel with you. They want to get to the east so that they can join the fight there. If you let them join you, you could use their contributions to get a couple of carts, get yourself a little caravan and end up with money and supplies to spare. They could be useful. More protection, easier to keep watch during the night, having people who know about this land, not having others automatically assume you're just a group of dangerous wierdos... On the other hand, a bigger group also means a bigger target. Sneaking around and moving around undetected with them would be difficult.

Alan, Super Master Botanist

Hmm. Feed the kid ... say 5 or 6 leaves, assuming that isn't taking too much off of Bill And Ted.

The kid refuses to eat after the third leaf. He says his stomach hurts and he feels dizzy and wants to throw up. He tries to leave and go home.

Well, at least you can tell that whatever they are, they act quickly.

Yes, lets revive Nik before we go. Is Nik's player here and ready?

I also test my own abilities and see if they're still impacted or if they recovered while my body recovered. I test generation, shifting, and manipulation separately, especially since generation has typically been hardest for me and manipulation easiest.

<Do we have to be touching for us to work together or if, say, I was in my fox-form and sent you telepathic requests from a short distance away would you be able to work with them? Or if I need assistance but was knocked unconsious and am not holding you anymore, would you still be able to act?>
Do I have a channel to talk to the sword telepathically from a distance now that we're linked? or do I still need to either be touching it or be in fox-form?
Good. Let's say he's revived and waiting for his player.

Your abilities appear normal. You generated a bit less fire than usual and your control seems a bit too sensitive, but it's probably nothing. I mean, the magic of this place does cause your abilities to fluctuate a bit, so maybe it's related to that. Or maybe it's related to the fact that you were on a near-death state a few days ago.

<We can move on our own if necessary, but we work better when wielded.>
<We can act on our own, but we prefer to act on your requests. It is easier to make decisions that way.>
<Remember though, our strength is tied to your strength. Should you be hurt or rendered unconscious we would likely be weakened.>
<You should also remember that we are here because of you and you alone. We do not care about your quest or your companions. If you die, do not expect us to protect them or continue your quest for you.>

You can talk to it as long as it's close. Based on what it tells you it can maintain communication when it's further away, but only for short periods of time.

((I PM'd NAV to let him know.))
Thanks for helping.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: November 26, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: November 26, 2016, 10:29:29 pm »

Alan, Ethical Person

"Thanks for your contribution to science, little kid! If you experience any mutations or agonizing magical phenomena, be sure to contact me! I'm Alan."

Go report my findings to the gardener dude.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: November 27, 2016, 04:48:27 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Wait, there's a fight in the east?

In any case, if they're really itching to get themselves killed, they're free to come along! Meatshields and expository victims are always welcome!

Oh, and get more mules, one for each of us. Maybe an oxcart for the other mooks.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: November 27, 2016, 10:25:59 am »

Saevus, After the End

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: November 27, 2016, 12:45:12 pm »

What was reviving Nik like?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: November 27, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »

Wake up
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: November 27, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »

WMD, After the End

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 521