Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124763 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6330 on: August 06, 2016, 06:30:24 pm »

((Crap, this situation is getting worse with every turn.))

Saevus, After the End

Jump the gap and get in the elevator. Exchange my current equipment for a BFS (the S stands for Shield, obviously) and hope that my tankiness pulls me through this. Should I manage to get out of this danger zone, execute the plan I had in my previous action.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6331 on: August 06, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »

Alan Returneth

Barren desert ... sun blazing above me ... little kid instincts kicking in ...

I CAST GIANT MAGNIFYING GLASS

You're not sure you want to do that. You haven't looked up at the sun, but you're pretty sure it's DANGEROUS. If you put glasses on it, it might see you better. It already has those big eyes and that big smile...

Then again, talking to the sun, that might be fun, even if it's dangerous.

Campaign, Ike!

The Army goes rolling along straight the hell out of the village to what can be loosely described as a safe distance.

Also check on Alan and make sure he's not dead along the way.

He's not dead. In fact, he looks a bit more alive than last time you checked up on him. Muttering something about the sun needing glasses. The men carrying him and taking care of him reassure you that they'll do the best they can to keep him alive and comfortable.

There's a sudden and very definite drop in whatever effect was coming from the centre of the village. Things feel almost normal again. Well, as close to normal as they could be, anyway.

((Please stand by, because what happens to you might be affected by Irine's and Theri's situation. For now we'll say you continue booking it.))

I move away from the mind-scrambler and attempt to ID the screams. If they're Theri's I'm recollecting my flames near me (not overlapping with myself of course). If they're the monster's then I let it burn, though I do still need to verify that I'm not burning myself.
D will do as he will, his actions are his choice. Mine are mine. I need to be awake, be aware.
You remember crawling forward. The pain gets overwhelming. You lose consciousness again.
I'm sorry girl. I'm doing this for you. I can't let you do-
-temporarily blinded but slowly getting back on your feet. Theri on the other hand appears overwhelmed from her effort and her injuries. She falls on the floor, the orb slipping out of her hand and falling on the marble with a clink.
<Oh, thank that beautiful silver foxgirl, I didn't have to do it.>
You can catch glimpses of the monsters behind the flames, slowly getting up and recovering from their stupor.
<Come on girl, I know it hurts but you have to grab her and get out of here. Before that... that thing comes back.>
You can hear noise coming from inside the pit. Slow, loud thumps. It's coming back up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: August 06, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"GO AWAY NICOLAS CAGE NO ONE LIKES BIRD HAIR"

Fire pre-cooked rotisserie chickens at the sun to nauseate it and cause it to leave.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: August 06, 2016, 09:00:28 pm »

((note: Irine's colored text with neither quotation marks nor telepathy angle brackets not even she is sure if she's speaking or not. been doing that for the last two posts as well, but didn't think to point out that it was intentional.))
Vind? Theri? I need to move them. Can I move them? I...
I try. I attempt to grab Theri and drag her clear. But I may not be able to move quickly with my physical body. my flames however do NOT have that limit. I burn the monsters down, and once they fall I attack the beast that attacked me. I'm not short ranged.
((remember: Irine is in her hybrid form. even in full-human form she's an adolescent. in hybrid she's an undersized adolescent. Dragging an adult around is NOT easy for her. but right now, she's trusting D and will follow his guidance.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:03:26 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: August 06, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »

Try to regain composure. Work on current mission. Willpower advance! ... ?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: August 06, 2016, 10:13:54 pm »

WMD, After the End
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:22:57 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: August 07, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

"Bah!"

Kosak takes a nice look at the wall he was just slammed against, then starts climbing it, trying to get above the waves.

((He's got something else planned too...))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6337 on: August 17, 2016, 06:31:38 am »

"Bah!"

Kosak takes a nice look at the wall he was just slammed against, then starts climbing it, trying to get above the waves.

((He's got something else planned too...))
Displaying superdwarven agility, you are able to reach a good height before the next wave hits. It slams against you once more. You slip and lose your grip but manage to grab a cable and keep yourself from falling too much. You keep climbing, this time managing to reach the roof of the room, where the waves can't reach you.

The waves appear to be becoming more frequent and dying down in intensity.

((Now how did you know I was admiring dieselpunk designs last night?  I'm all about some art deco.))

John, After the End

Hmmm... this'll work.  Now to trick out my ride, here.

Give myself a very brief once-over to make sure I'm "healthy."  Then it's time to customize the stolen vehicle.

Well, you're "healthy", in the sense that you can move around and don't appear to be dying. But you're pretty sure that if your suit gets something important damaged or your squishy bits get hit, you won't last very long. You're also not sure about what will happen if you exert yourself. I mean, the suit appears to be aiding your body and reducing the effort you have to put in to do things, but you're no doctor, you're not sure how far that extends considering your injuries.

You try as hard as you can to do something, but nothing happens. Repeatedly. I mean, you're stranding there for about 15 minutes and nothing is happening. You're starting to wonder if you've suddenly lost your ability.

You stop for a break and are in the process of inspecting the vehicle when you notice something new in there. An oscillating energy rising out of one of the machine's "brains" and feeding into one of its antennas. It's transmitting something. You're not sure how long it's been on, you were too focused on trying to pimp your ride.

((Crap, this situation is getting worse with every turn.))

Saevus, After the End

Jump the gap and get in the elevator. Exchange my current equipment for a BFS (the S stands for Shield, obviously) and hope that my tankiness pulls me through this. Should I manage to get out of this danger zone, execute the plan I had in my previous action.
((Well, people DID ask for a dangerous arena. The least I can do is make things more dangerous the more attention you attract to yourselves. To be honest, this isn't as dangerous as I thought it would get. I was expecting the city to have been destroyed by now, you're actually doing quite well. Well, for a certain definition of "quite well".))

You jump into the elevator, landing on it with a loud clank, your weight making it fall an inch as you land on it. You turn around, press the button and then kneel behind the thickest shield you can summon. The man with the giant revolver has heard you land and he's taking the shot. His gun clicks and then fires, releasing an appropriately giant muzzle flash from its giant barrel. The projectile hits your shield and explodes into blue fire, the force of the blast shoving you against the wall. You're not hurt. But you're quite disoriented. It takes you a while to realize you're falling down what would had been a perfectly circular shaft if it wasn't for the occasional door passing by, lit by a tiny emergency light.

WMD, After the End
Centi-Rune pounces off the ladder and immediately descends upon his foe. All organs which are not necessary for surviving around 30 minutes are converted into biomass, and all that biomass is spent on developing massive bony spikes on Centi-Rune's front. Centi-Rune attempts to impale his quarry by landing directly upon him.
Rune falls towards his prey as he is getting up. The moment he lands, he skitters towards his target. Though lightweight, Rune has enough momentum to impale his opponent from behind with one of the chitinous spikes he grew moments earlier. The spike goes through William's chest. He grabs one of those boxes to keep himself from falling. He's having trouble breathing.

Another alarm joins those already sounding throughout the facility, this time joined by flashing orange lights located underneath signs displaying what looks like a caltrop with balls where the spiky bits should be. The sign reads: "Nano-contamination".

"GO AWAY NICOLAS CAGE NO ONE LIKES BIRD HAIR"

Fire pre-cooked rotisserie chickens at the sun to nauseate it and cause it to leave.
You throw a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at a the sun. It leaves. It's dark now. You can hear voices berating you, saying things such as "Oh no! He killed the sun!" and "Why did he do that? What are we going to do now?". Then they start shoving you. You can't see them but you can hear and feel them.

Try to regain composure. Work on current mission. Willpower advance! ... ?
((note: Irine's colored text with neither quotation marks nor telepathy angle brackets not even she is sure if she's speaking or not. been doing that for the last two posts as well, but didn't think to point out that it was intentional.))
Vind? Theri? I need to move them. Can I move them? I...
I try. I attempt to grab Theri and drag her clear. But I may not be able to move quickly with my physical body. my flames however do NOT have that limit. I burn the monsters down, and once they fall I attack the beast that attacked me. I'm not short ranged.
((remember: Irine is in her hybrid form. even in full-human form she's an adolescent. in hybrid she's an undersized adolescent. Dragging an adult around is NOT easy for her. but right now, she's trusting D and will follow his guidance.))
Your flames lash out against the monsters, balls of fire being drawn out of burning pews, weaving between stone pillars and people curled in the fetal position before reaching the monsters, striking them and burning them before they have a chance to get back on their feet. They resist you, much like the others did, but their resistance is much weaker. You burn them until there's nothing left.

Meanwhile, you make your way to Theri and try to drag her to safety or at least get her away from danger. You help her get on her feet and do your best to support her as you make your way out of the building. You're both hurt and you're not that strong. You're not moving very quickly.

When you reach the entrance, you stop to take a quick glance at your surroundings. The monsters are dead, they never had a chance to recover. The people hidden behind various things are still lying where they were, hidden behind pillars and between pews, not even moving when they got burnt. It's the same for Vind, who's lying bleeding beside the entrance. Whatever affected their minds must have not cleared yet.

<So, this isn't looking so good. Normally I'd suggest you GTFO ASAP, but that would be kind of a dick move to those that helped you. So... are you open to suggestions?>

As for the one that attacked your mind... It comes out of the pit allowing you to take a good look at it through your fire. It's huge and dark, almost radiating darkness. It seems to be unstable, a four legged creature that constantly deforms and reforms as it moves, like melting wax or water sloshing around inside a balloon.

<Because this is really looking like a good time for suggestions.>

You send your fire at it. It seems to be repelling it, constantly pushing it away, forcing you to double your efforts. When the fire gets through, it's just gone. The flames disappear the moment they get close to touching it. It seems to be disliking it though. It wiggles around, the darkness bubbling until it sprouts things resembling a head, wings and a tail. It roars. Its roar causes the earth to shake, small pieces of rock falling from the roof. And its roar is a single hate-filled word, bubbling through the darkness, so distorted to be almost incomprehensible:
Diiiiiiieeeee!

Harry Baldman
As you continue your tactical retreat past the walls of the village, the earth starts to shake. Through the rumbling, your keen senses of hearing allow you to identify murderous intent.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: August 17, 2016, 06:47:51 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Bugging out continues! Watch out for forming cracks in the ground. Put my ear to the ground at times to listen for safer areas to head to. Evacuate! Evacuate! Evacuate!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: August 17, 2016, 08:05:36 am »

"You really do enjoy your games of silly buggers."

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6340 on: August 17, 2016, 08:30:08 am »

"You really do enjoy your games of silly buggers."
"Eh. When you're practically immortal, you need to learn to take pleasure in the simple things in life. You'll understand, if you get to live a few million years."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:30 am »

"Now for the hard part."

Kosak starts climbing on the ceiling in an attempt to get to above the heart of doom. Alternatively, if there's a trunk nearby him, he climbs to it, and then uses it to get closer to the heart.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: August 17, 2016, 08:56:58 am »

"Burn!"
Hey, he started it.
Introduce him to ALL the flame.
Meanwhile, keep getting distance, since I outrange him. He'll probably ignore the wounded as long as neither I nor they themselves get them involved. I think I can win this shoving match. I have a LOT of fire right now, and more flammables around here to build it up even more.

<What do you have in mind?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: August 17, 2016, 10:13:22 am »

Gaaahhh, where is River when you are alone and need company...what use is my physical value compared to magic!
Would probably be the first thoughts that would come to mind to Theri, if she was aware of her own state at the moment.

Regain composure harder. Initiate wrestling match with whatever is numbing my neurons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: August 17, 2016, 01:21:02 pm »

"hey now that sun was infected and had to be put down Nicolas cage was going to kill me stop shoving me I'm keeping fragile food underneath my shirt"

now too dark. Glow stick time!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 521