Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124564 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6345 on: August 17, 2016, 01:22:23 pm »

Centi-Rune consumes his foe, wrapping around the human and stabbing it repeatedly while also nomming it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: August 17, 2016, 02:48:20 pm »

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: August 17, 2016, 04:34:12 pm »

Shit.  Lojack.

Quickly see if I can disable this via my ability.  If so, do so.  If not, resort to smashing the antenna with more traditional measures.

If I can disable it, fly not directly away about three km and find another spot to hide.  If I can't, summon a bomb, link it to the door being opened, and run.

If I'm not sure, assume it's not disabled.

((Well, people DID ask for a dangerous arena. The least I can do is make things more dangerous the more attention you attract to yourselves. To be honest, this isn't as dangerous as I thought it would get. I was expecting the city to have been destroyed by now, you're actually doing quite well. Well, for a certain definition of "quite well".))

((If it makes you feel better, I haven't ruled out nuclear booby traps for pursuers.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6348 on: August 18, 2016, 11:43:49 am »

Gaaahhh, where is River when you are alone and need company...what use is my physical value compared to magic!
Would probably be the first thoughts that would come to mind to Theri, if she was aware of her own state at the moment.

Regain composure harder. Initiate wrestling match with whatever is numbing my neurons.
If River were here, you know what he'd tell you right now. He'd tell you to trust your strength, to do what you think is right and that he'd be right there by your side to support you. That you can do anything as long as you keep fighting. But he is not here now. He left and never came back. And now this giant monster is attacking your friend and you have no idea what to do. You may have regained your consciousness and you can move without aid now, but you still feel weak against a foe like this. You really wish you had asked River or someone else to teach you some magic.

"Burn!"
Hey, he started it.
Introduce him to ALL the flame.
Meanwhile, keep getting distance, since I outrange him. He'll probably ignore the wounded as long as neither I nor they themselves get them involved. I think I can win this shoving match. I have a LOT of fire right now, and more flammables around here to build it up even more.

<What do you have in mind?>
<Well, you could just burn all the things and hope you can burn it faster than it can eat your fire. Although I bet some of the villagers might disagree with that plan. Then again, I don't think there's any scenario where this doesn't end in horrible destruction. Case in point:>

The monster runs towards you, closing the distance between you in great leaps. It smashes its way through the temple's entrance, sending large pieces of rock flying. It pauses for a moment to let its body reform, as it has been deformed by the impact.

<You could also try to lure it back to emo butterfly. He's acquired some pretty powerful dark powers recently. Maybe he could hold that thing down while you... I dunno. Rip it apart? Starve it to death? I don't know how safe that would be though. Even if you use narrow paths, it could steal catch up to you.>

Indeed. That thing appears to be capable of moving quickly. If those wings allow it to fly, then it could be even more dangerous. You might need to rethink that "run away" plan.

<That thing is also apparently weak against Light magic, as recently demonstrated by foxgirl number two. She also showed us that she's got Light magic and is probably not that powerful or knowledgeable about it. So if you somehow combined your abilities together... I dunno, maybe you could make your fire into a superhot spear and she could somehow infuse it with light? Or maybe you could somehow power her spells, since Fire can apparently fuel other types of magic in this universe? I don't know, I'm just grasping at things here, but if you could do something like that, it could end this fight quickly, before more people get hurt.>

But now it's stunned and in the open. This lets you throw more fire at it from all sides, even as you light more buildings and objects around you on fire.

<Or I could use your power combined with my abilities to attack it. I bet a nice Megaflare would be enough to pop that ugly balloon.>

It doesn't appear to like that at all. It roars and suddenly you are pushed back by a shockwave converging on it, like an explosion in reverse that darkens anything it touches and threatens to extinguish your flames. It seems to be sucking all the fire you throw at it from the front into a growing mass of darkness and distortion in its "mouth", moving its "head" around so that it can get anything close to it. Even from across the plaza, you feel yourself be physically drawn to it. Due to that attraction, it takes you a moment to notice that you actually feel lighter right now.

<Whatever you do, you might want to hurry. Cause I think I've seen that kind of attack before, a few of the Dark's magic users use it. It's prepping a Vortex Detonation. Big exploding projectile, detonates magic, matter and energy it sucks out of its environment, can take out a small building or more, depending on how big it is and how big it gets. Takes half a minute or so to charge though. I think it's trying to remove your flames and kill you in one move. I'd suggest either running and taking cover or somehow interrupting its attack.>

"hey now that sun was infected and had to be put down Nicolas cage was going to kill me stop shoving me I'm keeping fragile food underneath my shirt"

now too dark. Glow stick time!
You wake up. You're feeling really weak. Also a bit violated, as if someone just went around messing with your insides.

You take a look around you. Hmmm... People running through a desert... At sundown... Roars in the distance... Covered in glowsticks... Did you just teleport on the set of Riddick?

Anyway, you're not sure if you should attract attention to yourself. After all, they were nice enough to carry you. That might stop if they realize you're awake.

Campaign, Ike!

Bugging out continues! Watch out for forming cracks in the ground. Put my ear to the ground at times to listen for safer areas to head to. Evacuate! Evacuate! Evacuate!
You think this might be the wise thing to do. There was a shockwave and you're suddenly feeling a bit lighter. If something is messing with gravity, you don't want to stick around to find out if it's messing with other fundamental forces. You'd like your molecules to stay intact, thankyouverymuch.

There's no visible cracks yet, but you think you can hear cracks forming underground under the combined influence of vibrations and messed up gravity.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: August 18, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »

"Theri! It hates light and light magic! And any matter at all, any energy at all, damages it! It's a thing of void, harmed by all that exists, and harming back in return! Use light magic or dump as much stuff on it as you can!"
This is tug of war. It can absorb stuff all day. I can send fire all day. I send fire slightly faster than it can absorb it, which burns it. It is slowly being burned down over time. But I have no defenses. If it reaches me, I'm dead.
That directional absorption thing is easy enough to handle. I just attack from everywhere it isn't.
I need to focus my efforts on a single part of it, something that it won't handle losing easilly. my preference would be its neck, to stop the absorption thing, but my second pick is its legs, which is much safer to target since they are far from the absorption point, so unless I see an opportunity, the legs are my parimary targets.
if a leg is crippled it won't be able to stand properly, forcing it to fly, and probably interrupting that bomb. and those wings can't be good for it to use. they're thin membranes that rapidly and repeatedly come into contact with very large volumes of air. It probably does itself harm every time it flies, which is why it is trying to stay on the ground. I need to force it into the air, or to get it somewhere I can really cut lose.
Keep moving, distance is my friend. I also need to monitor the creature. If it isn't interrupted, and I can't get clear in time, I do have one other option. If I shift to full-fox at exactly the right moment, where I'm in my transitory flame state as the attack hits... maybe... I'd prefer not to do that though, if I manage to put enough stuff between me and it then I'll just keep my tails, which naturally are behind me anyway, between me and it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:29:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: August 18, 2016, 02:15:56 pm »

Hmm. Maybe I should prep a teacup.

Stealthily summon a popsicle and suck on it while enjoying being carried.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: August 18, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »

Saevus, After the End

So if I read that correctly, whatever that guy fired melted through the floor, yes? If I'm right, discard the shield and summon a sword or an axe. Stab/smash it into the wall and try to stop my fall. Then try to get a nearby door open with the bling-cannon and attempt to get onto a floor.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6352 on: August 19, 2016, 07:27:08 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

"Now for the hard part."

Kosak starts climbing on the ceiling in an attempt to get to above the heart of doom. Alternatively, if there's a trunk nearby him, he climbs to it, and then uses it to get closer to the heart.
There is another pulse and the nanofluid around the heart becomes completely still for a moment, before it starts growing thousands of tiny points, rising at the ends of hardened rods, making the bottom of the room look like a giant needlestack, ready to perforate whatever is unlucky enough to fall in it. Well, the heart doesn't appear to be very optimistic about your chances of successfully reaching it. Let's see if you can prove it wrong.

Due to a combination of bad luck and poor planning, you appear to have climbed close to the least climbable part of the roof.

You try as hard as you can, but you don't manage to move forwards for more than a couple of steps before being forced to stop to avoid falling.

The needles start vibrating, moving like wheat in the wind.

Shit.  Lojack.

Quickly see if I can disable this via my ability.  If so, do so.  If not, resort to smashing the antenna with more traditional measures.

If I can disable it, fly not directly away about three km and find another spot to hide.  If I can't, summon a bomb, link it to the door being opened, and run.

If I'm not sure, assume it's not disabled.

((Well, people DID ask for a dangerous arena. The least I can do is make things more dangerous the more attention you attract to yourselves. To be honest, this isn't as dangerous as I thought it would get. I was expecting the city to have been destroyed by now, you're actually doing quite well. Well, for a certain definition of "quite well".))

((If it makes you feel better, I haven't ruled out nuclear booby traps for pursuers.))
((Heh. That would make for a good title. "The revenge of the nuke door" or "Nuke door 2: Nuke harder".))

You disconnect the cord connecting the antenna to the computer, unscrew it and pull it out. That was simple. You then pick up the antenna and notice that there's still energy in it. It's still transmitting. You double check and there is indeed nothing connecting the antenna to the ship. It should be completely inert. But it's transmitting. You consider why that might be for a few moments. And then you realize that that is probably not what's important right now, so you just crush the antenna and shred the cable. If it keeps transmitting after that, then there's probably nothing you can do to stop it, sort of completely vaporizing it.

That done, you board the shuttle (taking a few moments to clear the bloody mess in the cockpit) and fly away. You're in the air for a few moments when the proximity alarm goes off, warning you about an "Obstacle! Obstacle!" with a voice that somehow manages to sound both urgent, monotonous and annoying at the same time. For a moment, you think it might have been damaged, as you can't see anything out there. You flip on the lights and sure enough, there's nothing but bugs out there. A second later, you notice that one of those mosquitoes actually looks a bit bigger than it should be. And it keeps getting larger.
Oh. So that's a thing then?

WMD, After the End

Centi-Rune consumes his foe, wrapping around the human and stabbing it repeatedly while also nomming it.
Before William can react, Rune attempts to stab him again. However, given that his stabbing part is close to his head and he's really not that strong, his attack doesn't manage to do much.

William on the other hand, has just the thing. And by thing I mean a bunch of bones and tentacles shooting out of his body. Rune is pinned against the wall by the mass of tentacles. They start squeezing his body, crushing parts of it. However, William's transformation is starting to look a bit unstable. He's starting to throw green lighting bolts around and his weapons are growing all over the place, shooting off in random directions. This might not end well for anyone involved if it hits one of those boxes.

Meanwhile, a clearly automated announcement is informing then that nano-contamination has been detected and that automated containment and cleansing has been initiated on sector D4.

Saevus, After the End

So if I read that correctly, whatever that guy fired melted through the floor, yes? If I'm right, discard the shield and summon a sword or an axe. Stab/smash it into the wall and try to stop my fall. Then try to get a nearby door open with the bling-cannon and attempt to get onto a floor.
You summon and axe and try to use it as a hook, to decelerate yourself. And it works. Perhaps it works a bit too well, as the moment the axe hits the shaft's wall, it's yanked out of your hands.
<I bet he couldn't handle the ax-eleration.>
<Be careful, with comments like that, he might have an axe to grind when he gets back.>
<Nah. There's no reason to go axe-crazy over a simple joke like that.>
<You should give those terrible jokes the axe and let us get back on the action>
<Hehe. Look at him, he can't wait to have another look at Saevus' shaft.>
<One more out of you and I'll give you the shaft and have a vote on muting you.>
<Now we see the violence inherent in the system.>

You try again, this time dragging a sword against the walls of the shaft. Unfortunately, this is a rather large shaft, so all that accomplishes is to push you towards the wall. So you compensate by summoning a second sword and using it on the opposite side. This time it works. You start slowing down, at the same time digging your swords progressively deeper into the walls, until you reach a complete stop. You stab your swords deeper into the walls to anchor yourself, just to be safe.

Now that you're no longer moving, you notice that there are numbers next to each door. This one reads "003". Huh. Looks like you were just in time. Then again, it looks like this tube keeps going well below 0, so maybe things weren't really that pressing.

Now for the hard part. Blast a door while holding on with one hand. On a single sword that you are not really sure about whether or not it can support your weight. ... Maybe you should had summoned something like a double-edged sword-staff. Sure, it's probably silly to use in regular combat, but you bet it makes a very nice anchor.

You blast the door. It dents severely, letting light flood into the shaft through the gap in its middle. You feel your sword slipping. You suddenly wish it wasn't so sharp. Well, no time to waste. You put your legs against the wall and push as hard as you can just as the sword slips the rest of the way out. You smash through the doors and slam into a well lit but particularly dirty lobby. And by dirty I mean there's dirt everywhere, covering the floor, with the occasional green moss-like thing growing in it.

A man and a woman wearing dirty work clothes are next to you, holding a cart, staring at you dumbfounded. You stare back. They flinch. You start getting up. They slide their cart the rest of the way into their service elevator as quickly as they can. You can hear one of them frantically and repeatedly pressing one of the elevator's buttons.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: August 19, 2016, 08:14:35 pm »

Rune immediately uses his biomass to develop wings. He then sheds any extra mass, converting his body into a far sleeker form, turning himself into something more akin to a dragonfly. He attempts to get the hell out of that room, spitting one last bit of acid at his foe before legging it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: August 19, 2016, 08:38:00 pm »

WMD, After the End
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: August 19, 2016, 10:23:31 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

"No bloody fair! How am I supposed to hit you now!"

By hitting the trunks attached to it. Simple enough: Kosak climbs to the nearest trunk attached to the heart and starts hitting it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: August 19, 2016, 10:24:21 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Utilize my tremorsense to lead the Army of the People to relative safety!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: August 20, 2016, 03:49:05 am »

"Theri! It hates light and light magic! And any matter at all, any energy at all, damages it! It's a thing of void, harmed by all that exists, and harming back in return! Use light magic or dump as much stuff on it as you can!"[...]
Theri felt her head tilt to the side in confusion, as if the sounding 'ticking' hand of a grandfather clock moved another second.
I don't think I can do magic here?
"Alright, dumping stuff!"

Get something big, or easily and effectively throwable, and throw it at the enemy!
Ponder if I had a sling and some stones instead. :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: August 20, 2016, 08:42:07 am »

John, After the End

Oh damn it.

Does this thing have weapons?

If it has good weaponry, then let's engage the thing while trying to dodge shots.  If it has no or wimpy weapons, do not engage; just run and try to get away.

As I don't think I can get away, also summon a time bomb.  The plan if I can't get away is to fake surrender by stopping and hovering, then when they approach bail and use the hang glider trick again to drift away while the bomb takes out both craft.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: August 21, 2016, 05:35:21 pm »

Saevus, After the End

Ignore the two. Conceal (well, as much as a 3 meter tall suit of armor can conceal itself) myself somewhere on this floor and try to recharge myself with ambient mana. If possible, try to reconnect some of my runes. I probably got some blood on me, it might work as a makeshift way of repairing them. I remember that there's a bullet or something stuck in my shoulder, so try to get it out as well.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 521