Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125480 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6315 on: August 02, 2016, 06:32:34 pm »

GM: I am not in the mood to play translate the transparent text games through possibly multiple filters. Could you please give me a turn that I as a player can read?

edit to expound:
if what you're attempting to portray is having Irine's perception of reality go all crazy, then please just say so. If I have to give action posts with no information given, I can do that too. but based on the failure of google translate to fix whatever you did to the transparent text you put for the turn, you ran it through several different filters, and different filters for my action post than for the turn results. I'm not going to be able to reverse that without signifigant amounts of work put in, and I'm working 11 hour workdays all week this week, with additional stuff I have to do on my own time. I literally don't have the time to put in to deal with this. Please just give me a turn I can read.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:45:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: August 02, 2016, 06:51:35 pm »

Centi-Rune pounces off the ladder and immediately descends upon his foe. All organs which are not necessary for surviving around 30 minutes are converted into biomass, and all that biomass is spent on developing massive bony spikes on Centi-Rune's front. Centi-Rune attempts to impale his quarry by landing directly upon him.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: August 02, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

"A completely inanimate toy plushie of normal size, made of normal materials, at normal velocity as I would define normal.

What, you said throw."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:01:28 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: August 02, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »

Useless flesh, damn it.  More machines mean fewer problems.

Screw it.  Anything broken or missing is going machine; machine replacement is best healing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6319 on: August 02, 2016, 08:33:42 pm »

GM: I am not in the mood to play translate the transparent text games through possibly multiple filters. Could you please give me a turn that I as a player can read?

edit to expound:
if what you're attempting to portray is having Irine's perception of reality go all crazy, then please just say so. If I have to give action posts with no information given, I can do that too. but based on the failure of google translate to fix whatever you did to the transparent text you put for the turn, you ran it through several different filters, and different filters for my action post than for the turn results. I'm not going to be able to reverse that without signifigant amounts of work put in, and I'm working 11 hour workdays all week this week, with additional stuff I have to do on my own time. I literally don't have the time to put in to deal with this. Please just give me a turn I can read.
I didn't mean for it as a challenge nor did I meant for you to translate this or anything. I just wanted to represent having your mind attacked in a less traditional way. It was just an experiment to see if I could make you engage with such a response and how you'd respond. Hm. Maybe I should had used something that was more clearly not meant to be decoded. Maybe an image. But writing that encoder program only took me like 10 minutes, so it seemed easier to do. Anyway, what the text basically says is that you failed a will roll and are now unable to understand the world because your conscious mind is under attack and has shut down. Sorry if it's frustrating, but I want to have fun too and I find experimenting and trying out new things fun. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, what can you do? You learn what you can and move on to the next thing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: August 02, 2016, 08:50:00 pm »

Thank you. That gave me the information I needed.

Of course, here comes the void assault on my mind again. Like with River. This void, this nothingness, it things it is the end of all things? Pathetic.
It is the BEGINNING

I. AM. ME. I AM FROM WHENCE SOMETHING CAME FROM VOID. I AM CREATION. I AM ENERGY FROM NOTHING. I AM THE CORE OF FIRE, CHANGE. I AM MY OWN GREATEST FEAR, AND MY OWN TRUE WEAKNESS. I. AM. ME.
I reaffirm myself to myself, and BRING DOWN MY FLAMES
I am Irine. I am the reincarnating mortal avatar of what I once was. I am what I chose to be, and how I hope to grow. I am that which hopefully will grow to become worthy of the power that I once had, and may out of necessity sieze up once again. I am scared, and small, and I miss my family, but no matter what, no matter the cost, no matter anything at all, I promised that I would push forward. and I will not let anything stop me.
I direct my flames to surround me, to cut off the void that is assaulting me, and to surround the void as well, and begin the process of burning it down.

after all, if her mind gets totally scrambled, it kinda makes sense that she'd revert, and recollect herself starting from her core. and she has a signifigant amount of repressed anger and pain to give her fuel for the flames once her limits break.

You did say it was her consious mind that broke. I'm not sure if you thought through what exactly Irine's unconscious mind is like. remember that she literally is flame, and her origins.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:52:34 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: August 03, 2016, 03:55:50 pm »

I meant get up from the floor, but whatever, that works too. Let's try doing something cunning. Wait for the door to open. Once whoever's in there gets out, get into the elevator myself and ride a few floors down. Once it stops, get out and hide somewhere on the floor. Once hidden, concentrate on drawing mana out of the enviroment to replenish my power supply. Also, get some blood off my blade and try to reconnect some of my runes that way.

If my invisibility shuts down before I can execute my plan, try to either break the elevator itself or its door. Use the bling-cannon if necessary. Then execute the two in the room. Throw my sword if getting to them will be difficult. I can always summon a new one.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: August 04, 2016, 01:29:29 pm »

I can't read it either because it's scrambled :P
I think the turn went that as soon as I kicked it open--the time in between your flames and us recognizing the interior = something bad o_o
That means the blank space and your avatar's words mean that your action wasn't taken in that split narrative second, as we have just encountered something important. I hope it is not River in anyway bad. ._.

...Oh wait I didn't see you and Parisbre's two posts there :I

Observation update. WHat's going on for me! D:

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: August 04, 2016, 01:33:39 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

"Thank you. Now if you excuse me, I think I see something I need to PUNCH!"

Kosak dashes over to the heart thing, and climbs on it. Perhaps that will keep him out of the trap goo. Then he starts punching the heart thing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: August 04, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »

"Sometimes, yeah. The crash didn't exactly help, either."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6325 on: August 06, 2016, 01:56:44 pm »

I meant get up from the floor, but whatever, that works too. Let's try doing something cunning. Wait for the door to open. Once whoever's in there gets out, get into the elevator myself and ride a few floors down. Once it stops, get out and hide somewhere on the floor. Once hidden, concentrate on drawing mana out of the enviroment to replenish my power supply. Also, get some blood off my blade and try to reconnect some of my runes that way.

If my invisibility shuts down before I can execute my plan, try to either break the elevator itself or its door. Use the bling-cannon if necessary. Then execute the two in the room. Throw my sword if getting to them will be difficult. I can always summon a new one.

You try to quietly (as quietly as you can, anyway) walk towards the elevator.

The doors slide open, releasing a gust of air as they do so. Through the thin cloud of dust come two heavy humanoid forms. Despite their bulk and size, they manage to make an impressive leap. They come down with a heavy thud, slamming down their enormous shield in front of them as they land. With their other hand, they hold a hollow metal mace-like device, dragging it on the floor behind them as if it's too heavy to lift, the implement melting the plastic off the parts of the floor it touches. The device is connected to heavy-looking bank of batteries on their back through several cables, the cables and the batteries being held together by an assortment of metal supports, plastic wraps and duct tape. Between them slides a man in light grey, this one holding what looks like a six-shooter meant for flares. He ducks and takes cover between their shields.

They look ready for combat, the others probably warned them about what's going on here. They are standing still in front of the elevator in a defensive position, scanning the room. You also stand still while trying not to be detected. Everything is suddenly quiet.

As if by some unseen agreement, they raise their shields in unison and begin moving forward. You also start moving forward, trying to mask the noise of your movement with theirs, trying to get around them and into the elevator. Your lamps flicker. And a moment later one of them explodes with the sound of a gunshot.

More gunshots follow. Throwing caution to the wind, you make a run for the elevator. One of the armoured men turns to face you and brings his mace down for an overhead smash. Partway through the motion, the mace shimmers and light erupts from the hole on its top with the sound of air exploding. The newly formed blade of light cleaves through everything in front of it, boiling plastic and melting metal off the walls. It misses you but it gets a good number of your lamps. The mace hits the floor and the blade disappears with a small pop, allowing you to witness the hole that has appeared in front of you through the rapidly disappearing heat-distortions in the air. Looks like they're taking you quite seriously. It doesn't look like they care how much they destroy as long as they get to kill you. Well, it's not unjustified, there's a lot of corpses around.

You could probably jump over the hole and into the elevator, it's not that large. On one hand, that would put you in a confined space, making you an easy target. On the other hand, you weren't that fast to begin with, dodging is not exactly easy for you. And your few remaining lamps are flickering at an alarming rate, probably meaning that soon it's going to be bye-bye invisibility. So maybe getting out of here isn't the worst idea.

Kosak Durar, After The End:

"Thank you. Now if you excuse me, I think I see something I need to PUNCH!"

Kosak dashes over to the heart thing, and climbs on it. Perhaps that will keep him out of the trap goo. Then he starts punching the heart thing.
You try to run faster than the tidal wave in front of you can rise, trying to give an early end to this fight, but it's just too fast.
The effect of the wave is not like running through wine. As it approaches, the liquid becomes more and more solid, allowing you to start running on it. But even that is not enough. You desperately try to keep climbing, but by now the peak is too far away and rising further with each metre the liquid moves, almost reaching the top of the room. It takes you with it and smashes you against the wall, where it starts dissolving but not before slamming against you.

You tumble down the dissolving peak and fall into the liquid. You're battered and bruised, the wind knocked out of you, but you're alive. And then you raise your head to see another wave approaching and another one after that. This is not looking good.

<Is it going to just keep spamming that attack?>
<Yeah, that's totally unfair. Waves OP, please nerf.>

Useless flesh, damn it.  More machines mean fewer problems.

Screw it.  Anything broken or missing is going machine; machine replacement is best healing.
You decide to become half man, half machine but all cybercommando. Pieces of rusty metal begin appearing all around you, forming bars, creating a metal exoskeleton for you. Machines begin appearing and tearing into your body with tubes and wires. Tubes filled with hydraulic fluid twist and tangle themselves around your exoskeleton to help you drive it. The entire thing is covered by pieces of metal that form jagged metal plates. The entire contraption is powered by an internal combustion engine and a few batteries jutting out of your back an spewing smoke.

The suit appears to have few electronics, relying on mechanical feedback from you and relatively simple electromechanical loops to function. It doesn't even have a camera for you to see outside, instead relying on a slit on the front of your helmet. It might not make you invincible or completely solve your "flesh is weak" problem, but it looks pretty strong and it should be able to take a hit or two, assuming you don't get hit in a weakspot.

Overall, you could probably describe yourself as "dieselpunk knight". Now all you need is a chainsword.

"Sometimes, yeah. The crash didn't exactly help, either."
"Oh. Well, I guess in that case I can't judge you for that. Unless you actually wanted this sort of power and made a deal with a demon or made some freakish experiment on yourself or something. In that case, you had it coming."

<Svajoklis, Starting Area>

Alcoholize myself. See what is out of the bar. Don't run out too fast in case there is only endless void out there.
You get a drink and then walk outside. It's nighttime, the streets lit by whatever light comes through the windows of houses or the rare lamp, although you guess that if you let your eyes adjust, the moonlight might be enough to see. From what you can see, it looks like an old-timey village with small houses made out of logs. The only large buildings are the one you came out of and the one directly in front of you, some kind of mansion. Between the two is a plaza with a fountain in well enough to see by the lights of the mansion.

The fountain has the form of a statue. It depicts a cloaked, slightly feminine figure, with only smooth curved stone for a face. In her left arm she cradles an oversized horn, through which water flows, while her right is extended, her hand open, as if she is demanding something. A curved knife hangs from her belt.
Her bare feet rest on a small circular basin, in which the water gathers before overflowing to another, larger one. The basin she stands on rests on three different beasts that are facing each other. A canine that most closely resembles a Northwestern wolf, a large feline creature that looks kinda like a puma and a large bird that is similar to nothing you've ever seen before, except perhaps for artists attempting to depict mythical creatures. All three look like they are ready to fight, showing their teeth or claws, their fur or feathers standing upright.

An owl hoots. It's quiet, save for the sound of water falling into the fountain.

((If you are actually interested in learning how the area looks like rather than exploring, then look at this post and the ones that follow.))

"A completely inanimate toy plushie of normal size, made of normal materials, at normal velocity as I would define normal.

What, you said throw."

You can't see his smile, but you can feel it. You can hear it in his voice.
"If that is what you want, then OK. Just look up."
You look up, ready to dodge. But nothing's there. When Charlie poofs into existence next to you, it's too late to react. He's already in the air, passing the plushie under his spread legs before dunking it right in your open mouth.
"Ooooh!" he shouts as you fall on the floor, gagging.
"Unbelievable! Did you see that ladies, gentlemen and various other beings? What an amazing dunk from that handsome being of shadowfire! The crowd is going wild! Everyone is chanting his name! Charlie! Charlie! He really is the best! Undefeated champion of the entities!"
He sits back on his chair a bit too forcefully and fistbumps the man sitting with him.
"Undefeated."
"Sure. Aren't I?"
"Keep telling yourself that."
"I'll let that slide because I don't want to ruin the mood."
"I'll let that slide because I liked the way you dealt with that guy. It's fun seeing you angry."
"What you sayin? Charlie is not angry. Charlie is the man. Charlie is winning."
"Keep telling yourself that."
In the meantime, you try to remove the thing from your throat. Good thing you're invincible here.
"By the way, can I have that back now?" he says, addressing you.
"They use it to comfort dying test subjects down at the CDC-run FEMA blacksite on universe 2982, I have to take it back. You understand. Can't let those dying children die alone now, can I?I'm not a monster."

((And if you say your character wouldn't look up, then there's always other ways to corrupt a wish.))

Campaign, Ike!

"Hm! Bad feelings increasing. Becoming... dare I say it? Ultrabad! I think. Probably best to evacuate for now."

Defensive retreat. Group around the civilians being escorted, defensive formations, try to get clear of the town until the weird feeling lightens up.
You warn the others that something wicked this way comes and start heading back to the gate. Moving away from the centre of the village certainly helps.

I can't read it either because it's scrambled :P
I think the turn went that as soon as I kicked it open--the time in between your flames and us recognizing the interior = something bad o_o
That means the blank space and your avatar's words mean that your action wasn't taken in that split narrative second, as we have just encountered something important. I hope it is not River in anyway bad. ._.

...Oh wait I didn't see you and Parisbre's two posts there :I

Observation update. WHat's going on for me! D:
I'm sorry Tiruin, but that thing you saw wasn't good for your mind. You're still unconscious.
I mean, you're awake, but your conscious mind isn't working, so you can't really understand or remember what's going on, you can only react instinctively. Don't know if there's anything like that in real life, but it seemed an appropriate effect for the thing you're facing.
Thank you. That gave me the information I needed.

Of course, here comes the void assault on my mind again. Like with River. This void, this nothingness, it things it is the end of all things? Pathetic.
It is the BEGINNING

I. AM. ME. I AM FROM WHENCE SOMETHING CAME FROM VOID. I AM CREATION. I AM ENERGY FROM NOTHING. I AM THE CORE OF FIRE, CHANGE. I AM MY OWN GREATEST FEAR, AND MY OWN TRUE WEAKNESS. I. AM. ME.
I reaffirm myself to myself, and BRING DOWN MY FLAMES
I am Irine. I am the reincarnating mortal avatar of what I once was. I am what I chose to be, and how I hope to grow. I am that which hopefully will grow to become worthy of the power that I once had, and may out of necessity sieze up once again. I am scared, and small, and I miss my family, but no matter what, no matter the cost, no matter anything at all, I promised that I would push forward. and I will not let anything stop me.
I direct my flames to surround me, to cut off the void that is assaulting me, and to surround the void as well, and begin the process of burning it down.

after all, if her mind gets totally scrambled, it kinda makes sense that she'd revert, and recollect herself starting from her core. and she has a signifigant amount of repressed anger and pain to give her fuel for the flames once her limits break.

You did say it was her consious mind that broke. I'm not sure if you thought through what exactly Irine's unconscious mind is like. remember that she literally is flame, and her origins.
Now, see, the problem is that you make some rolls and some things happen but you can't really understand the results, so I can't describe them. D would try to offer some subconscious advice through your link to try and get you to retreat away from the danger to have better chances of regaining your consciousness but since you're focused on strength, anger and destruction (or construction or however else you want to call it) it'd be OOC to accept that. I suppose I could just keep doing this until something changes.
Oh, well, here it is. You're not fully conscious but you're starting to get some fragments. There's pain, both in your body and at the back of your mind. You're on your knees and there's screaming nearby. D is asking you to either run away or let him help you. He sounds worried.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: August 06, 2016, 02:08:49 pm »

I move away from the mind-scrambler and attempt to ID the screams. If they're Theri's I'm recollecting my flames near me (not overlapping with myself of course). If they're the monster's then I let it burn, though I do still need to verify that I'm not burning myself.
D will do as he will, his actions are his choice. Mine are mine. I need to be awake, be aware.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: August 06, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

The Army goes rolling along straight the hell out of the village to what can be loosely described as a safe distance.

Also check on Alan and make sure he's not dead along the way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 04:47:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: August 06, 2016, 04:42:09 pm »

Alan Returneth

Barren desert ... sun blazing above me ... little kid instincts kicking in ...

I CAST GIANT MAGNIFYING GLASS
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: August 06, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »

((Now how did you know I was admiring dieselpunk designs last night?  I'm all about some art deco.))

John, After the End

Hmmm... this'll work.  Now to trick out my ride, here.

Give myself a very brief once-over to make sure I'm "healthy."  Then it's time to customize the stolen vehicle.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 521