Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125809 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Dark Carnivore
« Reply #6270 on: July 02, 2016, 04:10:47 pm »

"Hah! You thought I had a reason for doing something? You have much to learn, my friend.
Now then, I think I heard a thing I can attempt to ride! Let's do that."

Locate cacalopes! Offer Cheetos! Gain loyalty through superior food!
Lament Rickman's departure.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6271 on: July 02, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Well done, soldiers!"

How much of the town have we covered?

In any case, guard the civilians as I have two detachments lead the push into another part of town if applicable. Gotta put that good morale to use!

You'd say about 20%. It was quick work searching the houses close to the entrance with such a large group and nobody harassing you.

Would you say sending them to sweep the north part of town sounds OK? Or is that too much? Maybe 3 more streets in the north part?

"Hah! You thought I had a reason for doing something? You have much to learn, my friend.
Now then, I think I heard a thing I can attempt to ride! Let's do that."

Locate cacalopes! Offer Cheetos! Gain loyalty through superior food!
Lament Rickman's departure.

You start walking down the main road, searching for your ride while lamenting your missing alien friend.

Is there any special method you'd like to use for locating them? Or just walk down the street going "Here creature creature."?

"To the alley!"
Continue the flame assault whilst running to the alley.
Vind fires another arrow at the beast, once again striking it in the head, this time probably striking something important, judging by the way the monster shrieks. Two more of its friends jump from the roofs and towards you, landing behind you.
<♫Angels of Darkness take flight
And I'm the only one left to fight♫>

You send your fire against all three of them. Another one is incinerated, while the one injured by Vind's arrows is pushed back yet again but somehow continues to resist your attacks and stay alive. The third dodges by jumping on a balcony and then down on Vind before he can get out of the way. It lands on him, pinning him to the ground with its legs. The smoke-like darkness flows around the creature, partially obscuring Vind's features.

Vind struggles with the creature, trying to get it away from him, but he can't. So he does his best to keep its head and its many teeth away from his neck. Another one of the creatures jumps from above and takes the place of the one you killed, while another one lands next to the injured one. And you can hear running close by. Your semi-blind attacks at the rooftops didn't stop them. You're getting boxed in here. The only positive about this whole thing is that you can't hear any more of those jumping creatures approaching.
<♫Our worlds are falling
As they're engulfed in the shadows♫>

You turn to face the ones attacking you and hope your blind attack manages to free Vind or at least buy him some time so that you can help him later. You continue to keep the injured one away, but the other manages to get close to you before you can stop it. With your fire trailing behind it, it jumps towards you. You're not quick enough to get out of the way. You're going to get hit. ... You know what you have to do. You close your eyes as tightly as you can and brace yourself.

You let your fire hit you at the same time the creature hits you, annihilating the creature's resistance but also causing you much pain. You do your best to keep your pain silent, to growl instead of scream. You get the fire away from you the moment you feel the beast's struggle against you fade, but the damage has already been done. At least you can still see, despite the pain and the tears.
<♫Their cries are fading from darkness
Drowning in it
Consumed by it♫>

Vind has reached one of his knives and is dealing powerful blows to the creature's body, but it is still not letting him go. It keeps trying to hit him, pushing Vind back and dragging him through the dirt, until it manages to bite him in the shoulder, the sharp teeth going deep into his skin. And the other newcomer is about to attack you along with the injured one. You've got to stop them. You don't want to risk testing your most powerful and unrestrained fire again. But you also don't want to risk hurting Vind.

You make the fire close to you into an expanding wall between you and the creatures while also sending more fire towards them. At that moment the beast biting Vind is hit by a white bullet. The creature is thrown up and forced on its back. Theri keeps the monster down by the neck while Vind, losing no time, slides next to it and begins hacking at its neck with his largest knife.
<♫There is no more time to be scared
The pain ends now, I am prepared♫>

You hit the injured creature but once more you can't fully overcome its resistance long enough to seriously harm it before it jumps away. The other jumps through the wall of fire and towards you, its resistance helping it stay alive. But this time you can feel it coming while it can't see you, so you manage to get out of the way, even if it's by a hair's breadth.

You quickly try to move away while attacking the creature, but it is quicker, turning to face you and snapping its teeth at you. The fire hits it just as it jumps towards you. But Theri is quick to turn around and stand by your side. She uses the monster's momentum against it and slams its head against the ground before kicking it back into your fire. You keep the fire on it until it is stops shrieking and moving.

The final creature whistles and then turns around and jumps away. But before it can make a second jump and disappear from sight, one of Vind's arrows strikes it on its back leg, causing it to lose its balance and fall. You burn it and keep burning it until there is nothing left.

The three of you stand next to each other, amongst the fire and the smoke and the burnt corpses, trying to catch your breath.
"Hey." Theri greets you between breaths.
You nod back.
"More are coming." Vind comments. "We should keep moving."
He's right. You can hear running close by. Should be here in about a minute, maybe less.

((I kept rolling until the fight was over.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: July 03, 2016, 02:11:49 pm »

"Theri, thanks"
((Also: thanks Paris for going ahead and keeping on rolling until the end.))
"No. We fight, but in terrain of our choosing this time. Lets get in that alley."
Go into the alley with the group, then once everyone is in, I begin to work, making sure I have something firm to hang on to. I form a firewall overhead, to avoid us being jumped down on, and then concentrate the rest of my flame into a highly intense mass near ground level outside the alley entrance. I do not allow its heat spread outwards from the flame itself, but it can spread up some. and as always, at any opportunity to grow the fire, I do so.
"True mastery of fire requires understanding of how it works, and how it interacts with the environment around it. for example, how fire interacts with air."
"Wind comes from pressure differences between air masses. high pressure, heavy, air, pushes lower pressure, lighter, air out of the way, forcing the lighter air up. Air also becomes heavier the colder it is, and lighter the hotter it is."
"If you make a really. really intense fire, near the ground, and keep the heat from it from moving outwards, then you get a chimney effect, the colder air to the sides rushing into the flames, and the hot air in the fire surging upwards to get out of the way. The bigger the fire, the stronger the chimney."
"If the fire is big enough, and the total airflow large enough, and there's things nearby unevenly limiting the airflow around it, like buildings, then the uneven airflow is going to cause the central rising air column to spin."
"And that spin only gets stronger over time."
"Hang on to something, and don't let go."
Going Big
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:14:14 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: July 03, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Three streets north, sure. Be conservative and careful. Not like we're in any kind of rush.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: July 03, 2016, 03:35:43 pm »

Entice them with plentiful Cheetos thrown everywhere, of course.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: July 04, 2016, 02:23:59 am »

((Woo, PM plan worked \o/ Although I have no idea when I got there :P))

"Hope it comes quick, because these things in close proximity are not good for your health."

Defend Irine, keep watch on Vind, grab hold of something *really sturdy* (that isn't Irine)

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: July 10, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »

Nvm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:17:28 pm by Ragenaut »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6277 on: July 12, 2016, 02:50:57 pm »

Walking Tank, After the End

One player down. Now to slaughter these mooks. I've got invisibility and a good blade. Also, a bling-cannon. Let's put them to use.
It turns out invisibility might have not been the best random effect to have in this sort of situation. You're still a big target and the flying light-bulbs and general cloud of colourful light surrounding your location mean your general position is still known. Still, it appears that it has caused one of them to panic, his wild shooting injuring one of his comrades.

You get closer as quickly as you can with your injured leg and attempt to fire your bling cannon. but just as you're about to fire a bullet strikes the edge of your shield, ricochets off it and strikes you in the face. It does nothing more than surprise you and mess up your paint job. As you try to regain your balance, you instinctively lower your empty hand to be ready to stop yourself from falling. And that leads to you firing your bling cannon right in front of your legs.

You fall down with a loud thud. Gah. That doesn't feel good. It's getting tiring. The gunmen have stopped their shooting for now, either out of ammo or trying to figure out what happened, but it probably won't take long for them to figure it out. And those lightbulb things are still following you, so it probably won't take them long to figure out what happened and come after you. Or maybe get something more effective than guns, if they're smart. And that second elevator is still coming. Who knows what's in there...

You're in an area exactly the same as you were in, only two floors down and with a hole in the ceiling. It's also much darker and not because you just crashed through the all the lamps on the ceiling. It looks like this floor is completely dark, only illuminated by the light coming through the hole in the ceiling and the light the flying lightbulbs are emitting.

<Svajoklis, Staging area>

Talk about bad machup. My skills were pretty much useless against the guy. even so, I could had managed if only I had found the unlitmate in defence technology against terminators. Stairs. Seriously, if I had went down in an elevator and then disabled the elevator, it would had taken him days to get to me. I would had been able to find the gun that burned half of my face off and demolish the building before he'd reach halfway down.

I hoped for a squishy mage. I got a walking tank. Next time, I'll run until I find actual explosives.

((Can I explore tha starting area or do I get to wait until next game?))
((Sure. You can explore.))

"Well, I guess what screwed you most was the fact that he got lucky and managed to follow you. If you had lost him in those first few seconds I bet you'd had a lot more time. Personally, I'd had gone with throwing him off the buildings somehow. Or down an elevator shaft."
"Hah. Yeah. Make a Scooby-Doo monster trap, complete with grease on the floor."
"Why go for something like that when you can set an ammo case on fire to make a hole and escape on the floor below? Or maybe set a trap and use some high voltage cable on him?"
"Come on, falling off a building? Where can you gt a death as dramatic as that? If you're lucky you can get a big NOOOO and everything."
"Or your opponent can find a chance to survive. Simple plans are best. Just run away and keep running until you're in a better position."
"Some drama is worth the risk, if you ask me."

"Waaaaaaaait.  I had explosives?  When did I have explosives?  Huh.

So... Now what?"

The shadowfire man presses rewind on the remote.
You have a gun yourself, a PIU, but the battery is spent. It will take about an hour until the micro-fusion array refills its charge. Until then, it's just a very large, very expensive and relatively fragile flashlight. A very bright flashlight, but still mostly harmless. You also have the detonator for the charges you have paced on the cannon and a few extra charges on you, but using that sounds like a poor idea right now, since that would most likely result in your death. There's also a watch (a standard electronic wristwatch, no James Bond-esque hidden functions (that you know of)), a multitool (knife, screwdriver, the usual) and a grey but stained set of clothes.

"Now you have a bit of free time until the match ends. You're free to faff about with your friend/enemy/whatever here. You'll get your upgrades once the match is done."

((That poor scientist. They probably don't get paid enough to get caught in the crossfire like this.))

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Centi-Rune skitters up to the door and attempts to open it using a button or something similar. If it cannot find a button, it simply melts through the door. It utilizes any spare biomass to augment the power of the poison.

(Yep, the "scientist" is totally my target.)
Hmm... There's a button. But how can you push it with no hands and hundreds of weak legs? ... Oh, you know!
Rune uses headbutt. It's super effective!
You go through the door, only to find the scientist, now minus a shirt and a glove, disappearing behind another door.
This is getting ridiculous.
You get the other door open and find the scientist climbing up a ladder in a narrow shaft, probably two floors high. He wraps one arm around the ladder and uses the other to point the nozzle of the cylindrical object he's holding at you.

He fiddles with the object while you prepare to attack. And it activates, but probably not in the way he was hoping. The nozzle fires off a spray of fire, sliding through the scientist's injured hand, smacking him on his chest and head and then flying up the shaft where it hits its top and detonates into a cloud of silver particles that start drifting down. The scientist appears to be a bit surprised and stunned but does not appear to be physically hurt.

John, After the End

((Five minutes out is perfect.))

Hmmm... yes.  I can work with this.

Follow the below plan.

EDIT:  Approximately how fast is the vehicle?
You wait to get closer to Central, taking that time to focus your strength (good thing they didn't give you any strong sedatives) and let them work on your body a bit longer. If you're going to be getting violently smacked around, you'd like your insides to be as securely attached to where they should be as possible.

You feel energy gradually spread from 1 to 3 and then 5 of the front proximity sensors, signalling that you're getting closer. It's the only thing that could be this tall and this wide around here. You also feel landing gear unlock and flaps realigning, the vehicle slowing down and getting ready for its approach. It is time.

You bypass the lock and pop the back door open while at the same time simulating a pull of the stick and a push on the throttle. The vehicle lifts up while at the same time accelerating, sending everyone slamming against the opening back door, forcing its mechanisms to open the rest of the way and presumable drop them down. You'd turn your head to confirm but there's enough Gs you can hardly move.

Then you deal with the pilot, who you can tell is frantically pulling at his controls, his attempts to regain control conflicting with yours. You don't want them interfering. So you trigger the ejection without unlocking the cockpit. You feel the impact both through your power and your body. You doubt anyone could survive that.

Huh. That was easier than expected. Guess you're well on your way to becoming a horror movie monster/super-villain.

That done, you focus on controlling this thing. It's not that easy when you're telekinetically moving the stick around and trying to get feedback from the various components, but you manage to bring the thing down on what you think is an empty area, crushing something in the process. Hopefully nothing important. You didn't feel anything change in the craft, so you assume you're on your own. There's only the sound of the engines and the beeping of your heart monitor keeping you company.

Kosak Durar, After The End

"GRAAAAAGH!"

You know Drawbridge Golf? Drawbridge Golf the pillar.
You grab the pillar by the handhold you have created and then PULL. You feel the thing shifting, its position changing. For a moment you think you're about to unroot it. And then you feel it tear and fly off your hands, slam through the ceiling and severely damage the surrounding area. Your endurance combined with your luck allows you to endure the damage.

The fluid falls everywhere around you, partially flooding the chamber. But before you can panic, you notice that that strange non-alcoholic liquid is no longer constricting you, it's merely uncomfortably clingy and making it hard to see, as you constantly have to wipe your face clean. More of the substance keeps gushing into the room from a spray coming from below like an oil well blowout, the only thing keeping the room from flooding being the fact that the fluid disappears down the same hole.

Start running, do another sweep with the vortexes. Try to get one eye down to a manageable size.

((I fully expected to just walk into a wall and die, honestly.))
You do another sweep with your vortex. This time it catches three of them. It literally catches three of them, sucking them in. You hear their screams and a strange crunching sound, over and over again until their screams stop.

You don't have a lot of time to process this though, as the rest of them gun you down quite thoroughly.

You reappear back at the staging area.

"You know, surrender is an option." the bartender comments.
<Oh, yeah? When was the last time you surrendered?> a voice asks playfully.
"Oh, I meant it was an option for others. I try to give it to people before I fight them. Smart ones take it."

Entice them with plentiful Cheetos thrown everywhere, of course.
You walk forward while throwing Cheetos around like they're flowers, like you're some sort of Cheetos fairy or Chester Cheetah's bridesmaid.

You continue down a few streets until you encounter a shadow bull. You feel it looking at you.
"Silly pokemon, trying to confuse me with the shadow silhouette. Everyone knows it's Lightningrat."
It digs the ground with its hoof and huffs, the smoke around it getting distorted by the stream of air.
"Now come! I have cheetos!"
It huffs again and charges towards you, trailing smoke behind it like a dark comet.
Great! It's working!

OOC
I'll process the rest of you later. Gotta go now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: July 12, 2016, 02:59:43 pm »

"Man, you're really hungry. Make sure to wash your hands before eating!"

Throw the bag in its face and sidestep/dodge its charge.
Sig! Onol

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: July 12, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »

Centi-Rune immediately surges forth and begins to climb the ladder. His hundreds of tiny legs should allow quick movement up the vertical surface. If he manages to completely close the distance between himself and his hostile, he bites and snaps furiously, spewing acid. If he fails to close the gap, he simply barrages his foe with acid whilst pursuing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:00 pm »

<Svajoklis, Starting Area>

Look around. Am I still in a bar? Is my order of some strong liquor still there?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: July 12, 2016, 05:57:49 pm »

"It didn't really seem like they'd understand that sort of thing. Sounded like the 'shoot now, shoot some more later' kind of crowd to me."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6282 on: July 13, 2016, 06:40:52 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Well done, soldiers!"

How much of the town have we covered?

In any case, guard the civilians as I have two detachments lead the push into another part of town if applicable. Gotta put that good morale to use!

Campaign, Ike!

Three streets north, sure. Be conservative and careful. Not like we're in any kind of rush.
You send your men out and wait, keeping an ear out for trouble.

Hmm... It's mostly quiet. Although you still can't shake that feeling that there's something there. A buzzing, a vibration. You think it's getting louder.

Several things occur during your wait. Some things are expected. Wind blows occasionally, the sun gets close to disappearing. Some things are surprising but not unexpected, like the distant shouts of men, the sound of combat coming from the north. Some things are unexpected, like the sound of hoofs on dirt and Alan shouting "Ole!". And then there's the other side of town exploding to flames. You're not really sure under which category that goes. Sort of expected, you guess? I mean, it tends to happen, right?

"Man, you're really hungry. Make sure to wash your hands before eating!"

Throw the bag in its face and sidestep/dodge its charge.
You manage to momentarily distract the creature with your bag and avoid its charge. It runs past you for a dozen more metres, skids to a stop and then turns around to face you, getting ready for another charge. You might need to think of something, unless your plan is "hope I can keep dodging until it gets tired".

((Woo, PM plan worked \o/ Although I have no idea when I got there :P))

"Hope it comes quick, because these things in close proximity are not good for your health."

Defend Irine, keep watch on Vind, grab hold of something *really sturdy* (that isn't Irine)
I find the implication that Irine counts as *really sturdy* amusing. Well, I guess she is, in a figurative sense, with her morals and ideas and choices.

"Theri, thanks"
((Also: thanks Paris for going ahead and keeping on rolling until the end.))
"No. We fight, but in terrain of our choosing this time. Lets get in that alley."
Go into the alley with the group, then once everyone is in, I begin to work, making sure I have something firm to hang on to. I form a firewall overhead, to avoid us being jumped down on, and then concentrate the rest of my flame into a highly intense mass near ground level outside the alley entrance. I do not allow its heat spread outwards from the flame itself, but it can spread up some. and as always, at any opportunity to grow the fire, I do so.
"True mastery of fire requires understanding of how it works, and how it interacts with the environment around it. for example, how fire interacts with air."
"Wind comes from pressure differences between air masses. high pressure, heavy, air, pushes lower pressure, lighter, air out of the way, forcing the lighter air up. Air also becomes heavier the colder it is, and lighter the hotter it is."
"If you make a really. really intense fire, near the ground, and keep the heat from it from moving outwards, then you get a chimney effect, the colder air to the sides rushing into the flames, and the hot air in the fire surging upwards to get out of the way. The bigger the fire, the stronger the chimney."
"If the fire is big enough, and the total airflow large enough, and there's things nearby unevenly limiting the airflow around it, like buildings, then the uneven airflow is going to cause the central rising air column to spin."
"And that spin only gets stronger over time."
"Hang on to something, and don't let go."
Going Big
Hmmm... Okay, so, the two bindings closest to you, the ones forming the alley, anything flammable in them turns to ash and they collapse inwards. Other nearby things are in a limbo of between on fire and not on fire, as your power tries to grab their flames but at the same time the heat, debris and radiation light the sensitive parts up again.

Your fire annihilates anything that dares come close, while a few focused strikes take care of those that don't attack blindly, at least any that you can see. You also have a ton of fire right now, which is a useful source of illumination in all this ash and smoke.

You are mostly unaffected, but Theri is constantly coughing, so much she can't do anything except hold on. And Vind has closed his eyes. You don't know if it's the heat or the ash or the blood loss, but you think he's close to losing consciousness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: July 13, 2016, 06:47:46 pm »

The answer, my dear GM, is simple: begin charging a tomato. Keep dodging if I need to, but power the tomato up!

My reasoning is that bulls don't like red, so if I hit it with a gigantic tomato it'll calm down.
Sig! Onol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: July 13, 2016, 06:56:54 pm »

"So now what do I do?  Just, keep waiting?  What other stuff can I do?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 521