Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126018 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6225 on: June 23, 2016, 02:14:03 pm »

<I'm my own design, not one of kj's. His might follow wierd rules like that, but I and my multi-tails and humans don't. Also, I'm a hybrid of two very different animals, kj's kitsune arn't, they're their own species.>
I re-condense my flames into the overhead sphere.
"Clear. Those things were more resistant than I expected, but their resistance lets me feel where they are once I catch them in my flames. Ready to move."
Ready to move on
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:19 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Great success! That was lesson one, good people. When the general tells you to get down, you get right the hell down and you'll probably be fine!"

Revel in delight. See if the bitten dude can be helped. Maybe bandaged or something?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: June 23, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »

"Perfect combo! Fatality!"

Are there any other shadow thingies in the area? If yes, begin charging a beet attack. If not, commence victory dance!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6228 on: June 24, 2016, 08:00:54 pm »

<I'm my own design, not one of kj's. His might follow wierd rules like that, but I and my multi-tails and humans don't. Also, I'm a hybrid of two very different animals, kj's kitsune arn't, they're their own species.>
I re-condense my flames into the overhead sphere.
"Clear. Those things were more resistant than I expected, but their resistance lets me feel where they are once I catch them in my flames. Ready to move."
Ready to move on
<Eh, well, you know what they say. If it walks like a foxgirl and it quacks like a foxgirl...>
You make a big sheet of fire a few dozen metres above you.

Vind nods and takes point after checking the corner one more time. You follow a couple of steps behind him. He approaches the bodies on the street to take a closer look but keeps his distance. You can't tell much about them though beyond the general shape of their bodies, since they've been too badly burnt. It looks like after whatever was protecting them was no longer there, they were no tougher than normal humans. There's three more charred corpses on the side of the road and another one inside a fire-damaged house.

<I guess they were snacking. Wonder what kinds of zombies they are. Are they the ones that need brains to survive, are they the ones that kill people just to kill people...>

You keep slowly moving forward, making sure to watch for ambushes, but everything is quiet. You come across a couple of puddles of blood, but no bodies accompanying them. Eventually, you get past the curve in the main road and are now able to see the centre of the village. There are a few of those mobsters milling about behind buildings or lying under overturned stalls, but they're not as many as you would expect. They don't appear very active. Then again you're not too close, there's still 4-5 streets between you and them.

You guess the temple is the large stone structure. It's not too large or too lavish, just a long, sturdy-looking building with large doors. It's got dark stained glass windows and it's decorated with a few statues of important-looking old men and women. It looks like there was once a large statue in front of it with a small flower garden around it, but the statue has been broken and the colorful marble pieces have crushed most of the colorful flowers, creating a nice synthesis.

You get the feeling that there's something really wrong here. You can't tell what it is, but you've got a very bad feeling about this. Something about this whole thing feels off.  Especially the temple. There's something ominous about it.

Vind pauses for a moment and looks at you expectantly. His body looks tense but his face remains calm.
<Maybe he sensed it too. Or maybe he just wants to know how you wanna play this.>

"Perfect combo! Fatality!"

Are there any other shadow thingies in the area? If yes, begin charging a beet attack. If not, commence victory dance!
You spend a couple of minutes yelling "WOMBO COMBO!" at anyone who will listen and everyone who won't while jiggling in the most unsettling manner.

Oh, BTW, that tear in reality you made to summon the carrot to end all carrots is still there.

Campaign, Ike!

"Great success! That was lesson one, good people. When the general tells you to get down, you get right the hell down and you'll probably be fine!"

Revel in delight. See if the bitten dude can be helped. Maybe bandaged or something?
"Come on man. That's not a wound. That's a scar for tomorrow! Now get up!" you yell in an attempt to encourage the man as you try to bandage his wound as best as you can. You're doing a pretty good job. I mean, you're no doctor, that's why generals usually order doctors around, but this should keep him alive for a while.

You pick up the sword and then try to get the man to his feet. He doesn't appear to be fully conscious (but doesn't appear to be unconscious either), so you help drag him downstairs as you move to rejoin the others. You're moving through the debris on the lower floor, trying to avoid the puddles of bubbling dark goo, when you hear something moving in the pile of broken wood and stone behind you. Can't be...

You quickly step forward to avoid the dark arm reaching out of the pile to grab you. Having missed you, the monster instead uses its arm to drag itself out of the debris. That damn thing is still alive. It's hard to tell due to the smokey cloud surrounding it, but you're pretty sure it's missing half its body. And sure, it looks slower and weaker, but you can't get over the fact that it's still moving.
"Whyyyy..."
You move quickly before it has a chance to react. You push the wounded man aside and give teo powerful slashes to where the Taroid's neck should be, going for the decapitation. At the second strike, its head flies off... and then stops and returns to the monster's neck, getting pulled by dark tendrils rising out of both body parts.
"Don't want to die..."
Well. That's certainly interesting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: June 24, 2016, 09:09:07 pm »

"Something is very wrong with that temple Vind, I'm not sure what, but it just feels kinda... wrong. If it weren't a likely spot for survivors, I'd want to burn it to the ground from here. Still, one thing at a time. I want to burn everything in the entire market square, giving me some more flame to work with and getting rid of the monsters hiding in it and I don't think there's people there, but I want your permission before I do. This is your home, your friends, and we'll be ending their lives if I'm wrong."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: June 24, 2016, 10:19:54 pm »

"Ooh, that's interesting!"

Is the tear in reality big enough for me to go through? If so, take a deep breath and do a running dive through it!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: June 25, 2016, 03:36:28 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Not dying is easy, homeboy! You just gotta stop pissing me off!"

Offer helpful advice. Prepare to dodge.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6232 on: June 25, 2016, 03:26:49 pm »

"Aaaghh..."

Calm. Calm.  They can help.  Need a real doctor.  I just kludge it.

"Help me... where am I?"

Calm it down; get self under control.  Do not resist medical aid.

Try to identify situation and see what's going on.

Restraint isn't terrible; machines bow to my will.
You open your eyes and try to take a look around. Your vision is blurry. You don't know whether it's from the tears and the dust or from the blood loss. You try to move your hand to wipe them, but it's still being held.
"Pass me that."
A moment later your one remaining arm gets handcuffed to something. A quick sense tells you it's a simple stretcher. You try not to move around too much. Best not to let them know that you're conscious. You're not sure if any extra attention that would bring would be good.
"You got him?"
"Yeah."
The two uniformed men that were holding you get up and let a man in white and a woman work on you. You can still hear them arguing, somewhere beyond your vision.
"Good. Now get them on the eL-V."
A few moments pass with the two people above you, injecting you and covering you with things.
"What will we do with them?"
"I don't know."
A few moments of silent work later, you are lifted up and carried away, your vision still being blocked by the two people working on you.
"You think she's working with him?"
"I said I don't know. Just- Load them up and take them to central. Keep him alive. We'll sort everything out later. I need to take care of things here with that anomaly."
*sigh* "Okay. Loading them up."
Your jostled around a bit and put inside a vehicle. Medical, by the looks of it. The man in white, the woman and one of the uniformed men get inside with you on the cramped space.
"And keep him under guard at all times. No one gets close to him. His friends might try to break him out."
"Got it. Stay alive."
"You too."
The doors close, you hear two slams on metal and the vehicle starts moving. A rocket-powered vehicle, you notice to your surprise. Well, you guess that's one way to quickly get patients around. As long as it remains steady...

The uniformed man disappears from your vision, while the other two hook you up to a monitor and prepare their tools. Some time later, the woman stops working, takes a deep breath, turns around and disappears from your vision, remaining on its edge.
"Sir, I-"
"Get back to your work."
"But- I'm telling you, I'm not with him. He just- he jumped into my car and- I have to get home to-"
"Not my problem. I have to get you to Central so that's what I'll do."
"But I-"
You hear the shifting of cloth and a soft whine followed by the woman gasping.
"Now don't do anything stupid and we'll be just fine. OK?"
You don't hear an answer, but you assume she gave a satisfactory response, for a few moments later, she approaches you once again and gets back to helping the man in white to keep you alive (you hope).

You don't know if they actually suspect her of doing... whatever it is they suspect her of doing (probably helping you, which you guess is technically true) or if they're simply looking for a way to make sure she is forced to help keep you alive. Or if that guy is simply an asshole intimidating a witness. I mean, why would they let her walk around in here with you if they thought she was dangerous? Then again, there's always the possibility that they're stupid, panicking, desperately short on staff or a combination of the above. They certainly don't know what you're capable of if they think this will hold you.

Keep going along the path I was traveling. If that miasma effect is still a thing I can see, use it to keep track of Rune and avoid him. How's my energy?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Centi-Rune immediately leaps down from the ceiling and pursues his quarry. If he manages to find his foe, he unleashes a full spray of acid if he is sure that the shot will hit.

<Svajoklis, After the end>

GET THE BOOK.
Empty the clip into the terminator.
Run.

((I thought I had the book on a chain. I can't seem to find the description of Svajoklis, so I might be misremembering.))
((Guess I rolled an 8 or 9 with that blast's power.))

"Thou shall not evade me!"

Pin him to the wall with crossbow bolts. Do not let him grab that book. Raise my shield to block the bullets.
Svajoklis runs towards his book as Saevus slowly turns to face him while raising his shield, a bolt fading into existance in his crossbow. Svajoklis gets the book and is in the process of backing up and raising his weapon to fire when Saevus' bolt flies out to meet him. Svajoklis tries to step back, but the bolt hits him on his foot, the ultra-sharp projectile going through it and out of his heel. Saevus attempts to keep the bolt materialized to keep his opponent in place but finds that it's just too far away and he's just too weak for that to work. All he manages to do is have his crossbow dematerialise, weaken himself and delay his recovery.

And Svajoklis is ready to capitalise on that. He takes aim while trying to ignore the pain and starts firing. He keeps firing until his clip is empty while all Saevus can do is try to keep his shield in place. The armoured brute makes a hard target, but with every shot Svajoklis gets closer to his mark. He finally hits him on an exposed leg. The hollow armoured shell echoes dully as the shrapnel bounce around inside it. His leg feels less responsive now and several runes have been disturbed by the large hole now on his armour. Saevus stumbles for a moment but maintains his balance and keeps his shield in place. He is feeling better now, despite the damage he has sustained.

Kosak Durar, After The End

"ARRRGH! Why do you not break?"

Kosak goes after the newly created weak point with a flurry of punches, aiming to widen it.
You're starting to make some progress, making it about maybe a quarter inside the trunk. But that fluid is getting really sticky. In fact, it seems like it's clinging specifically to you, spreading from your arms and face and tightening its grip on you.

Find out if I'm pinned under anything. If not, try to move away from the van.
You get up and start trying to move away, but you are surrounded. They are people all around you, yelling things you don't understand at you. But they look both scared and scary at the same time, all of them pointing their knives, swords and bows at you. You think that this might be the time to unleash your abilities on them. Hold nothing back.

"Well that sucked.  What even was that?"
You reappear back at the bar. Charlie and Razor are sitting on a table while Roger is manning the bar. They're all watching the events of the match unfold from an old CRT TV.
"They're called guns."
<A small explosive is placed in a tube and when that explodes the expanding gases send a small projectile called a bullet out. It flies out and hurts you. Guns are bad.>
"That's why I prefer funthrowers and machinehugs."

Campaign, Ike!

"Not dying is easy, homeboy! You just gotta stop pissing me off!"

Offer helpful advice. Prepare to dodge.
The thing keeps crawling towards you. It's not that hard to stay away from it, it's quite slow.
"Can't stop..."
Can't stop pissing you off? Well, it doesn't appear to be listening to your advice.

"Ooh, that's interesting!"

Is the tear in reality big enough for me to go through? If so, take a deep breath and do a running dive through it!
There's a tear in reality surrounded by pure chaos energy there and you just want to dive through it.
Where if you go through it and survive, you'll probably end up on some weird giant vegetable dimension or something.
And that portal could close and leave you trapped there.

I'll give you a few moments to consider if you really trust your luck that much and give everyone around you a chance to stop you from jumping into the Eye of Terror and most likely committing suicide and/or creating some sort of horrible Chaos Alan abomination.

"Something is very wrong with that temple Vind, I'm not sure what, but it just feels kinda... wrong. If it weren't a likely spot for survivors, I'd want to burn it to the ground from here. Still, one thing at a time. I want to burn everything in the entire market square, giving me some more flame to work with and getting rid of the monsters hiding in it and I don't think there's people there, but I want your permission before I do. This is your home, your friends, and we'll be ending their lives if I'm wrong."
"I feel it too." he whispers while nodding.
"I don't think there's anyone alive there." he adds while looking at the square.
Still, he looks unsure.
"I'll get on a roof and see if I can see anyone else." he says, indicating a tall building on the next street, some sort of storage building by the looks of it.
"If all is clear, I'll signal you. If there's a problem, you can move your fire to let me know quietly."
<Maybe he doesn't feel that well being responsible for potentially giving an order that will accidentally end the lives of others just because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Kinda like a bombing or a drone strike, I guess.>
<Or maybe there's something there he really wants. People sometimes do stupid things for material possessions. Just watch any zombie movie. They always do a mall scene about that. And I guess this is sort of the medieval equivalent of a mall.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: June 25, 2016, 03:28:45 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Can't stop, won't stop keeping it old school? So cool!"

Skewer this guy on the sword and chuck him into the Eye of Terror to test if Alan is prepared to weather its effects.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: June 25, 2016, 03:30:39 pm »

"I know what a gun is, I'm wondering what we were doing there, who we were, how that happened."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: June 25, 2016, 03:41:23 pm »

Walking Tank, After the End

Crossbow's gone? Get a sword then. Get close to Svajoklis and pull him towards me as soon as he's in range. Cut him in half.

((Is my force-field gone? Last time it took a building falling on me to disable it.))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:10:13 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: June 25, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »

Alan knows no limits of rationality or curiosity! Full steam ahead, cap'n!

Let Ike throw the licorice guy into it first though, gotta be polite.
Sig! Onol

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: June 25, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

Spray the scientist with acid and consume him for the biomass. He was kind enough to put himself into a tin for me. Then, use the biomass to increase in size.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: June 25, 2016, 05:32:11 pm »

<Svajoklis, After the End>

Well, running is no longer an option it seems. Let's see how much I can take with me.
Reload, fire again.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: June 25, 2016, 05:47:25 pm »

"You should stay out of my way."

Pull out my gun to shoot whatever happens to be in front of me, then try to hit anyone still standing there with my eyes. Move forward before I get shot.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 521