Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126987 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6015 on: May 11, 2016, 12:24:10 am »

Alan, Linguistical Master

Excellent! Try saying 'my name Alan. You name?'

"HumanAlan! AlienWhat?" you croak.
The Alien looks at you inquisitively for a couple of seconds.
"AlienRickman!" it responds.
"HumanFood?" it adds a few seconds later.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: May 11, 2016, 03:02:24 am »

Alan, Alien Ambassador

"HumanFood, yes. Donut!"

Summon a donut as I say this. Good Rickman.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6017 on: May 13, 2016, 06:44:26 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

((OOC, I want to analyze the walls. In character...))

Kosak kills the walls. Many punches.
Throwing caution to the wind, you dive right into the darkness and whatever may lie in there, going for a punch. The darkness flies towards you in turn as the thumping intensifies. You are surrounded by something slimy and slippery, moving ethnically, slithering all around you. You try to punch your way out, but you just can't summon the strength needed to do so. You feel like you're suffocating.

<After The End>

Keeeeep waiting to ambush the guy.
This continues.
You find a nice sturdy support and lean on it.

You might still be alive with not much happening, but you have a feeling that staying here for too long might be a bad idea.

Rune-bear roars. He is not amused by the bad humor.

He viciously puffs more caustic gas towards the center of the mass.
I bet this is why my Pappy warned me not to pick up metaphysical hitchhikers. I don't beg. I want you to remember this moment later when I get stronger and rip you apart piece by piece. I want you to remember that I gave you the opportunity to work with me instead of against me. And to think I was going to ask the Entities to give you a new form so you could go on with your existence.

"Aw come on, I thought that was good. You sure you don't want to help me destroy this place instead of fighting? I bet that's the hidden objective."

Fire all the things for real this time. Or retract and redeploy the anchors at my opponent.
A wave of rainbow-light escapes the "octopus demon". From wherever it passes,  prismatic glass pillars rise out of the ground. The room is filled with unnatural reflections, making it hard for our players to find their way and understand what is going on.

Rune immediately starts smashing the pillars closest to him, trying to cut a path through the reflections and get to his opponent. He easily strikes them down and regains sight of his opponent. At the same time, he manages to regenerate most of the gas he had used before.

The moment he has cleared a path, he lets out another wave of poisonous and corrosive gas. However, it appears that his opponent's armoured core is just too tough to crack. The gas starts slowly eating away the armour, but it looks like it will be a while before it causes any significant damage. Furthermore, using a gas attack in an enclosed space turns out to not be a very good idea for while he is immune to the poison, he is not immune to its corrosive effects. It starts eating his eyes, causing them to tear up and making it hard to see.

This comes at the worst possible time, as William retaliates, his prism wave giving him enough time to compose himself. Coiled up tentacles uncoil, acting as an organic spring, launching themselves to rune, threatening to spear him with their arrowhead-like boney tips. Rune tries to avoid them, but he can't manage to completely get out of the way in time. William thoroughly penetrates Rune's leg with his tentacle spear, breaking his leg, leaving him unable to walk and dragging a tentacle behind him.

Hehehehe

Violet sparks erupt from the points where William's spear-tentacles attach to his body. The spear tentacles become detached. A few moments later, some of them convulse while emitting more of the same violence sparks and then start slithering around on their own.

At least that means that Rune is no longer attached to William. Thankfully the spear lodged on his leg hasn't started moving on its own yet.

Take a moment to gather my bearings. Do I get any hints pertaining to the location of the object my host was looking for?
You gather a bunch of ball bearings.
You're coming up on compartment 1 now, exiting the interchange. It's dominated by several towers that were once living quarters and administrative buildings. Now most of their lower floors have been evacuated and/or looted and shanty-towns and small markets have cropped up all around them. The tops of some are still inhabited by those close to Central, which does what it can to police the area. Others have been taken over by whoever has enough power to carve out a territory. Even for the poorest of the area, it is still considered something of a point of pride, a show of strength and status to live in this place. You can see why. Compared to everywhere else, this is probably the least shit place to be in this hell.

Your host had two plans, both of which don't look very likely to pan out now. One was to ransom your opponent to Central for whatever he could get. The second was to use him to get out of here. Both of these seem to require the guy who is trying to kill you to be under your control. Not very easy to do.

You could keep going on, stay on the highway and head towards Central. At this speed and with some luck, you'll be there soon. And even before that, they should notice you and your friend fighting (if they haven't already), hopefully send someone to take care of him. But they probably won't treat you very well either. And they have much bigger guns than you do, those hoarding bastards. You'll just have to hope he is a better target due to who and what he is.

There's also the option of getting off the highway and trying to lose him in the streets. Hope he gets lost, maybe in the teritorry of someone who will kill him. And you could make your way into your terittory at the same time, try to get some more help. But it won't be easy driving at high speed in those streets. The shanty-towns and markets have resulted in small winding paths and dead ends that slowly change over the days. And even at this time, there could be people around. Worst case scenario, those people have guns and feel threatened by your presence. All that combined could be very bad for your health depending on your driver's skill and luck. Still, he knows those streets better than the guy chasing you, so maybe that will be enough to give you an advantage.

"Right.  Let's do this."

Is there an convenient car to jump to?  If it's an easy-looking jump, go for it.  Otherwise, let's just fix this one and get it going again, maybe with some upgrades.  Should probably subvert control from the driver if s/he won't cooperate.

Take pot shots at other car if it comes in range.

As a matter of fact, there is a convenient car next to yours. It looks like traffic has picked up a bit now. This particular car looks like some sort of Frankencar, a skeleton of a car, with a bunch of batteries on its trunk and wires running to an oversized engine coming out of it front. You shrug. Still better than the one you're on. You salute the passenger of your current car, jump and... slip as you meet unexpected resistance, falling right towards the back wheel of the car. But then suddenly you are still slipping, slipping through the air, leaving lines of light behind you. Your legs fall through the car's window and the rest of your body follows. You land in a surprisingly comfortable position on the passanger seat.
You look around.
"Right. That was totally planned."
Cool. That could be handy. Still, probably best to avoid actually hitting the road or anything else at high speed. It probably won't offer any protection against that.

The woman driving the car looks at you with wide eyes. You reach out to grab the steering wheel and make sure the car doesn't crash while she's trying to figure out what the hell just happened.
"Madam. If you'll excuse me for a moment."
The moment you touch the wheel, the car begins transforming under your directives. The engine stops dancing around, becoming properly attached to the vehicle, the dents on its drive shaft disappear, the coils become properly attached and isolated... Even the steering wheel moves to the right side of the car and forms grooves that perfectly fit your hands to better accommodate you (good thing it's electronic).
The driver continue looking at the stranger who literally just took the steering wheel from her, probably waiting for the moment she's going to wake up.

<Svajoklis, After the End>

(To the guys with me) "It punched through a wall. Guns here likely wont be enough. Grab what you can and run after me!"
Grab a gun, extra ammo if it's there and few flashbangs, if I have a way to carry them other than my hands. Remember the map. If there is a place with heavy duty mechanisms that could crush an unwary meat tank, go there. Else, just go the swiftest way downwards. See if I can remember someplace with controls for guns too heavy to lift.
You crack an airtight container open and watch one of the men following you do the same, with the other standing guard near the door. You're not exactly sure how you're supposed to prep a rifle that's been stored like that to fire, but watching that guy do it, you are easily able to analyse and replicate his motions. Maybe not as good as him, but probably good enough to make it fire. You load a clip, grab two extra clips, 4 flashbangs and 2 CS canisters. You think that's as much as you can comfortably carry.

"It's here!" the one watching the door shouts, his voice getting cut off by a gunshot.
The man keeps firing, the gunshots in such an enclosed space making it hard to hear. He keeps firing and shouting until his gun is empty.
"What the fuck is that thing?" you faintly hear behind the ringing in your ears.
He jumps just in time to avoid a bolt. The bolt becomes ethereal and disappears, even as another comes through the door, embedding itself on the wall opposite to it.
He looks back at you and the other guy as if he is expecting something. The bolts keep coming behind him.

If you stay here, you will be trapped, forced to make a stand. With a good ambush and some luck it... could work? Maybe? If you go out there on the other hand, you'll have to face that thing. But if you make it to the elevator, you'll hopefully be able to escape this thing. And you have those two handy meatshields/distractions with you. But maybe there's a better way?

Walking Tank, After the End

Follow the running. Use the crossbow if I see someone too far away to blast with my arm. Otherwise just blast people into walls. Should someone try to fire at me with something that looks like it might hurt (and pierce through my shield) - engage stasis.

((I wonder, does a flashbang work on Saevus? The 'bang' part probably does, but the 'flash' part might not. Saevus doesn't really have eyes.))
You stomp down the hallway as fast as you can. You should get there. Soon. Any moment.
Any moment.
It's at time like these you wish you had a faster way to move around. Maybe you could find some wheels? A magi-knight on rollers would certainly be an... interesting sight.
*bang*
The bullet being deflected off your magic shield alerts you to the presence of enemies.
Ah! Finally. You're there.
You raise your physical shield to block further shots. No need to waste your Champion's Belt power.
The man on the other side of the shield shouts and shoots. He stands his ground. A valiant effort. But no match for you.
You peek out of the shield and ready your crossbow. He manages to jump out of the way, the bolt embedding itself on the ground behind him before becoming ethereal and disappearing.
You throw a few more bolts through the door for good measure. The benefits of infinite ammo.
Hm. Looks like you got them cornered. But the cornered beast is the most dangerous.

Alan, Alien Ambassador

"HumanFood, yes. Donut!"

Summon a donut as I say this. Good Rickman.
You summon a small piece of a doughnut. Rickman looks at it greedily. You think he might try to snatch it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: May 13, 2016, 06:53:22 pm »

((OOC, I want to flee from this situation. In character...))

Kosak lets loose a shout and BITES the slimy thing. Never mind the fact that he didn't take the Biter upgrade.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »

Alan the Beastmaster

Give Rickman the donut piece and ask him to follow me around. Go looking for Ike and Irine.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6020 on: May 13, 2016, 07:42:05 pm »

((OOC, I want to flee from this situation. In character...))

Kosak lets loose a shout and BITES the slimy thing. Never mind the fact that he didn't take the Biter upgrade.
You start biting the thing, tearing into it, spitting out and biting again. The taste is horrible. It's making you sick. And you've drunk sewer brew and swamp whiskey and liked it. So that thing's got to have seriously bad taste. With enough biting, you manage to give yourself enough breathing room to tear yourself free, punching and tearing apart more of the slithering things. The thumping dies down as you are left covered in gore, standing in a patch of the wall that has been cleared of those moving things. Only their mutilated corpses remain around you.
"Hah! Yeah! Take that! You liked that? Eh? Want some more?"
Something purrs behind you.
You turn around.
It's a giant worm, the end of its body disappearing in the darkness at the bottom of this room. The top of its body unfolds, revealing a circular hole, a mouth that is filled with rows and rows and rows of pointy teeth that seem to go on forever.
"Ah. So you do want some more."

Alan the Beastmaster

Give Rickman the donut piece and ask him to follow me around. Go looking for Ike and Irine.

"HumanFood!" Rickman says and starts hopping after you, the fluttering of his hands and the clicking of his claws against debris accompanying his every jump.

Ike and Irine appear to be staring at a hole in the ground. One is staring from inside the hole, the other from outside. But it's still the same hole... or is it? Dun dun DUN!

Said hole leads to a room. It has a stone man and some drawings in it. And an unstable-looking pile of crap debris.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: May 13, 2016, 09:03:01 pm »

"Alright... come on then!"

Kosak charges the worm and demonstrates proper punching technique on it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: May 13, 2016, 09:06:37 pm »

<After The End>

Poke a hat out the door.  Then should that not draw fire, make a run for it.  Get out of the structure.

((Okay, what's happening here anyway?))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:08:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: May 13, 2016, 10:20:26 pm »

I Am The Alan And The Omega

"Hey guys! Meet Rickman, my new alien friend! Rickman, meet Ike and Irine, my pseudo-human kinda demigod friends!"

Introductions
Sig! Onol

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: May 13, 2016, 10:50:44 pm »

Bear-rune grimaces. He removes the leg, converting it to biomass. He then attempts to grow a new leg. At the same time, he attempts to coat his entire body in a thin chitinous layer, with joints of course. He generates eye covers similar to those a frog utilizes when entering water, transparent but effective. He roars furiously, and unleashes a brutal melee attack on his opponent.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: May 13, 2016, 11:41:57 pm »

After the end
Let's try to get in the car. Don't want to attract too much attention, after all.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: May 14, 2016, 05:05:27 am »

Go to the door. Keep firing at it as I advance, wouldn't want them to have any bright ideas like 'let's run away'. Once I reach the door, exchange my crossbow for a sword and blast the door off. Commence murder.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: May 14, 2016, 05:12:09 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Hey guys! Meet Rickman, my new alien friend! Rickman, meet Ike and Irine, my pseudo-human kinda demigod friends!"

"Charmed!"

Escape from the hole with the tools available. That's a rope and a pile of junk if I understand correctly.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6028 on: May 14, 2016, 05:50:23 am »

I Am The Alan And The Omega

Introductions
Alan looks at Ike and Irine and points at what looks very much like a large carrion bird.
"Guys, this is Rickman, Rickman the Alien. His spaceship crashed here so I've been helping him learn our language. Soon he'll phone home and let them know all about our weaknesses."
He then turns to speak to the bird (which is apparently called Rickman). He emits a series of squawks and flails his arms around, but somehow it sort of makes sense to Ike and Irine. He's saying something like "AlienRickman! FoxDrama, HumanEars. FriendsAlan!"

Campaign, Ike!

"Charmed!"

Escape from the hole with the tools available. That's a rope and a pile of junk if I understand correctly.
With your Dex, Rflx and End and a perfectly good rope, I don't think there's much point in rolling for this. Assume you're out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:19:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: May 14, 2016, 06:02:04 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Ah, Rickman knows us all too well."

Ike starts to flail his arms as well.

"BirdAlien? BirdRickman? AlienRickman?"

Elucidate this affair.

Also, "looks very much like a large carrion bird" or "is very much a large carrion bird"? Wondering if there are any alien characteristics to Rickman.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 521