Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126810 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6000 on: May 08, 2016, 03:29:10 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Um, Ike? How are you going to get out of there?"

"The best part about falling down a hole is that you don't get to figure that part out in advance."

Hm. Is there garbage about I could use to elevate myself to get out of the hole? The rubble in the original exit, for instance. Make a pile high enough to climb out!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: May 08, 2016, 02:26:11 pm »

"Um..."
I look around for anything that can be used to make a ladder or ramp or rope. something to help Ike get up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6002 on: May 09, 2016, 06:12:52 pm »

"GRAAGH! I just want somebody to fight, dangit!"

Kosak sighs, then gets to exploring. Every so often while he does so, he shouts out his intent to kill in such a manner that would have everybody in a mile wide radius after him.
Just in case you missed it.
I did indeed miss it. Sorry.

You keep walking through the dark and mouldy corridors, trying to light your way using the small glow stick while loudly proclaiming your desire to murder to anything that will listen. The plant-like tentacles growing on the walls look at you but do not seem to care. The bat-like beings crawling on the walls are wise enough to run away. A long slimy worm comes out of a broken pipe and tries to grab you, but it quickly slips away back into its pipe when you try to grab it and fight back.

You keep walking until you reach a large empty sphere, attracted by the bright light. Something that looks like some sort of container, maybe for water, maybe for something else. You can't tell. The door just says "Tank 35-B | Maintenance Entrance 3". There is a metal walkway running through it, going all the way to its other side. Light is entering the room through a hole in the roof, temporarily blinding your dark-adjusted eyes. Along with the light, through the hole comes a ladder that ends close to the centre of the walkway.

You start walking down the corridor. It's a bit eerie in here. Your footsteps are echoing across the large empty sphere. The water is making all sorts of strange sounds as it falls against the walls and the corridor. The light falling through the hole in the roof like a spotlight, somehow lighting up the corridor going from one end of the room to the other, while leaving the walls dark. It's making your heart thump, so much so that you can hear it in your ears.
But... No. That's... That's not your heart you're hearing. It can't be. There is something else thumping like a heart. It's coming from all around you.
The infrasonic thumping is joined by the moaning of metal straining.
The walls are moving.

"Hrmph."

Check the quality of the armor. Is it pretty or is it useful?  Regardless, get me a beam weapon.  Keep on tail of the target; surely that missile will explode, right?
It's pretty... useful. Maybe. It has wires in it. And lights. And batteries. And it's made out of various scales. That's as much as you can tell without testing it. Could always try shooting it, but doing so while wearing it might not be a very good idea.

You get a rusty retro-looking laser beam. You're not really sure how it works, but its battery appears to be a stone that is constantly hot. Like, really hot, if it wasn't for your suit, you think your hands would be burning. So, seeing it is powered by fission material or a similar magical material, this is probably not a toy.

Your opponent's vehicle is in danger of disappearing into the distance, behind the twisting turns of this road, since the driver of the vehichle you have attached your vehicle to has been slowing down for a while. Combined with the damage to your vehicles, it doesn't make you very fast.

After the end
Shrink the singularity back to normal size, try to get on a different vehicle. That missile is making me nervous.
You manage to make a running jump to your other vehichle.
The missile explodes, causing the vehicle to break apart into molten flakes of metal.
So, you manage to make your way to the only vehicle you have left.
You're starting to run out of vehicles.
At least it looks like you almost lost him. That's something.
You should be coming out on compartment 1 soon.

<Svajoklis, After the end>

There is a window right here, and I am squezed in comfortably between two walls. Smash the window, get inside, find my way to the armory. Use the gun if glass is too tough to break with the book.

You smash the window while being careful not to drop your book, slowly denting it enough to push it into the room. You throw your book in and then follow it into the bunk room.
"Hey! Who-" you hear voices coming from the darkness.
You notice two dark shapes holding gleaming metal in their hands, metal they are pointing in your direction. They're standing on either side of where the room's door would be.

They open the light in the room, allowing them to get a better look at you and for you to take a better look at them. They look scared, waving their guns around in fear.
Before either of you has a chance to speak or act, something smashes against the wall of the room, causing a gigantic dent.
The three of you look at each other for a few seconds and then you all run out of the room. A few seconds later, you hear a second bang followed by the sound of collapsing debris. Sounds like whaever was in that other room made its way through he wall instea of using the door.

Okay, armour to your left, armoury to your left... Yes! Here it is!
You slap the button as hard as you can and wait for the door to open. It beeps red. Oh, right, password. Password was...
"Our torments also may in length of time
Become our Elements."

The button beeps green and the door slides open.
The inside of the armoury is underwhelming. There are no corridors with guns (lots of guns) just hanging around. It looks like most of the room has been cleared and what little remains is in airtight containers, oiled up to prevent rust. Well, at least you can be certain that it will be in good condition. There's also a lack of serious firepower and explosives. The best you can find is some high powered rifles and some flashbangs respectively.

Walking Tank, After the End

Go near the wall and start following it in the direction my opponent went. Regularly fire telekinetic blasts at whatever might be behind the wall. Sooner or later I'll end up hitting him.
You begin practising your interior decorator skills redecorating this floor of the building. By which I mean you start blasting the outer wall and any wall that gets in your way until they all have a nice big hole in the middle. If the puny humans want to hide, then you'll just have to destroy all hiding spots.

You make short work of the wall between you and the next room. As you walk through the hole though, you hear something. Sounds like people running, with very occasional speech.

After the end
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

<After The End>

Keeeeep waiting to ambush the guy.
Waiting it is.
Really, this is a pursuit after an assassination attempt, you'd expect there to be at least some urgency, some people caring about you. But apparently not.

WMD, After the End

Aw hell. Hey, demonic possession spirit parasite guy. You want to help me kill that other guy that's emitting stuff at us? I got some new things to try out. And you probably understand funneling all the ambient charge into specific effects better than I do.

Fire all the things at my opponent.
Mmmno. I think not.
You push against the pressure on your mind. It pushes back. Your weapons stutter and flicker.
Beg.

You pause your inner struggle to address the bear that is dangerous close to dissolving you and your armour.
"Bear with me for a moment, I'm taking care of a disagreement." you address your opponent.
"Heh. Get it? Because you're a bear."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: May 09, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

((OOC, I want to analyze the walls. In character...))

Kosak kills the walls. Many punches.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:21:52 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: May 09, 2016, 07:42:46 pm »

<After The End>

Keeeeep waiting to ambush the guy.
This continues.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: May 09, 2016, 08:17:29 pm »

Rune-bear roars. He is not amused by the bad humor.

He viciously puffs more caustic gas towards the center of the mass.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: May 09, 2016, 09:30:03 pm »

I bet this is why my Pappy warned me not to pick up metaphysical hitchhikers. I don't beg. I want you to remember this moment later when I get stronger and rip you apart piece by piece. I want you to remember that I gave you the opportunity to work with me instead of against me. And to think I was going to ask the Entities to give you a new form so you could go on with your existence.

"Aw come on, I thought that was good. You sure you don't want to help me destroy this place instead of fighting? I bet that's the hidden objective."

Fire all the things for real this time. Or retract and redeploy the anchors at my opponent.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: May 09, 2016, 09:41:43 pm »

The bear appeals mildly interested by the concept of destruction. It gestures for the weird octopus demon to elaborate.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: May 09, 2016, 11:14:54 pm »

"I don't know who you ended up as, but the guy I got dropped in was trying to destroy this thing. I bet that hidden objective they didn't tell us about was to destroy this place. If you want, we could put this battle on hold for a few moments and see if anything happens if we destroy part of it. If nothing else, it'd be a nice warm up."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: May 10, 2016, 01:19:26 am »

Take a moment to gather my bearings. Do I get any hints pertaining to the location of the object my host was looking for?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: May 10, 2016, 05:09:31 am »

<Svajoklis, After the End>

(To the guys with me) "It punched through a wall. Guns here likely wont be enough. Grab what you can and run after me!"
Grab a gun, extra ammo if it's there and few flashbangs, if I have a way to carry them other than my hands. Remember the map. If there is a place with heavy duty mechanisms that could crush an unwary meat tank, go there. Else, just go the swiftest way downwards. See if I can remember someplace with controls for guns too heavy to lift.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:14:38 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: May 10, 2016, 08:50:56 am »

Walking Tank, After the End

Follow the running. Use the crossbow if I see someone too far away to blast with my arm. Otherwise just blast people into walls. Should someone try to fire at me with something that looks like it might hurt (and pierce through my shield) - engage stasis.

((I wonder, does a flashbang work on Saevus? The 'bang' part probably does, but the 'flash' part might not. Saevus doesn't really have eyes.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6012 on: May 10, 2016, 05:02:57 pm »

<I... I don't know if I can climb a rope. I've never tried it. I... I think I can? Um, Do you know why it doesn't hurt to change anymore?>
<Well... I don't know. I might have something to do with that.>

<I was trying to help you not be in so much pain and remove any foreign influence I could find but I didn't have enough power to do so. So maybe some subconscious part of me picked up on that? I mean, bond-formers tend to change those close to them, those that they bond with or otherwise interact heavily with. And while ours might not be the bond after which we are named, it's still bringing us very close. I know you are unique in many ways, but bond-formers have been around long before the Entities and will likely continue to exist long after. I find it unlikely there's a soul close to this side of the cosmos we can't influence and interact with. Yours included. Add to that my abilities and the fact that we've both been helping each other and strengthening that bond... It doesn't seem that far fetched.>

<On the other hand, it could simply be this world's influence. Maybe it's somehow better for your soul. Or maybe it's all that fire magic. Or maybe it's just the fact that you've been using your abilities more while also having time to rest and recuperate. You know, letting you heal naturally. Hell, maybe that general guy was secretly a monster that heals people while they sleep, I don't know.>

<Either way, I can't tell for sure. Maybe it's one of the things I mentioned. Maybe it's all of them. Maybe it's none of the above. I could help you take a look if you're interested, but I can't promise anything. Souls are complex things and I'm not exactly at top shape here.>

Alan, Fuckmothering Genius

"I'm a genius!"

Try communicating with Rickman now. Am I capable of introducing myself yet? If not, keep learning.
You speak while making various gestures, trying to get your name across. Your voice sounds strange. Low. Throaty. Even less harmonious than usual.

Rickman looks at you curiously for a few moments. He waves his feathery arms around and squawks something that sounds vaguely like "HumanWhat?"

Campaign, Ike!

"Um, Ike? How are you going to get out of there?"

"The best part about falling down a hole is that you don't get to figure that part out in advance."

Hm. Is there garbage about I could use to elevate myself to get out of the hole? The rubble in the original exit, for instance. Make a pile high enough to climb out!
You make a nice pile of precariously-balanced ready-to-collapse trash. If you stand on top of it, you should be able to jump out. Surely nothing can go wrong with that plan.

"Um..."
I look around for anything that can be used to make a ladder or ramp or rope. something to help Ike get up.
You grab a long piece of torn tarp and tie one end to a sturdy looking metal beam coming out of the floor. That done, you throw the other end down the hole. It's not high tech or easy to use, but it will do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: May 10, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »

Alan, Linguistical Master

Excellent! Try saying 'my name Alan. You name?'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: May 10, 2016, 08:50:58 pm »

"Right.  Let's do this."

Is there an convenient car to jump to?  If it's an easy-looking jump, go for it.  Otherwise, let's just fix this one and get it going again, maybe with some upgrades.  Should probably subvert control from the driver if s/he won't cooperate.

Take pot shots at other car if it comes in range.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 521