Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124885 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5535 on: January 09, 2016, 09:57:23 pm »

Go along peacefully with wherever they want to put me. But concentrate really hard on trying to summon a radio or something that plays this song. It's important.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: January 09, 2016, 10:16:17 pm »

John slapped his head.  "Right, sorry!  That whole mission was kind of a blur."
Adam take a small sip of a hitherto unnoticed glass filled with red wine. "Yes, it was.
Especially after I was electrocuted.
And you refused to help me."

His glare could have cut ice.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »

Kosak grabs one of the tables, then lifts it. If John gushes anything other than praise, the table gets thrown at him.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: January 09, 2016, 11:27:51 pm »

((Note from turn: You said 'looks back up at you' If he's looking at me, he's looking down, not up. Assuming I'm in my preferred hybrid form, I'm an unusually-small adolescent, ignoring the tails, remember? I may talk adult-like, but my body and voice are not. tis part of why I ignored when D questioned me saying they were both bigger than me - they ARE, and it should be self-evident.))
"Okay, but, sir, if a fight breaks out, you'll want me there. I'm not helpless."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: January 10, 2016, 12:27:42 am »

Realization finally dawns on his face.  "Oh yeah!  You're the guy that got blown up by the first shot.  Sorry dude, but you were a goner.  I'm no doctor, and I'm definitely not a miracle worker, which is what you needed."

"And nice!  That is impressive might."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: January 10, 2016, 01:50:14 am »

Realization finally dawns on his face.  "Oh yeah!  You're the guy that got blown up by the first shot.  Sorry dude, but you were a goner.  I'm no doctor, and I'm definitely not a miracle worker, which is what you needed."
Adam quietly stares at John for a few moments, before shaking his head and returing his face to his normal, haughty look.
"Very well, nothing comes out of bitterness, I can put that behind me, I hope we can be allies in the future?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: January 10, 2016, 03:29:22 am »

<I'm not sure if we can trust him or not, but he was acting suspiciously nice and helpful. Don't like the chances of him being on our side. We should leave as soon as we have the map. ...Even if he didn't betray us, we should still go so his family isn't hurt and house isn't destroyed if we fight.>
Zechariah thought to himself before continuing to move on. While he would like to be on the safe side and run, he appreciated the hospitality of the general. He might also have a better way to hide them than the group could devise. And, to be quite honest, Zechariah cherished the idea of possibly having an ally in a strange world, where everyone seems to distrust one another - and for good reason.

<I.. want to believe that he has no malice. He doesn't seem to have reason to, and he's been trusting of us so far.Though, I agree with you. We shouldn't take advantage of his hospitality so much. I'm going to stay as long as we need to get the map, and then I can catch up with the rest of the group too. The others are smart. They'll figure out somewhere to stay. Hopefully, we won't be a burden on him.>

Stay.

Comm-wire, Irine: <Irine, I am staying here. Do you know if there is somewhere we can hide? If there isn't a place, then I have powers that could help me and others hide. Though, with the way things seemed to be going, I'd prefer if we not have to take the risk...>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: January 10, 2016, 11:07:02 am »

to Zech<The lower fortress, Linus and his wife know how to get in.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: January 10, 2016, 02:54:29 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Doot-da-doot..."

Continue moving. Don't be conspicuous. Stay out of the way. But take in the sights, the sounds, the smells! Especially the smells.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: January 10, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

"We're all friends here, man.  Sometimes nasty stuff happens in the field."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: January 10, 2016, 06:11:59 pm »

<I.. want to believe that he has no malice. He doesn't seem to have reason to, and he's been trusting of us so far.Though, I agree with you. We shouldn't take advantage of his hospitality so much. I'm going to stay as long as we need to get the map, and then I can catch up with the rest of the group too. The others are smart. They'll figure out somewhere to stay. Hopefully, we won't be a burden on him.>
<Okay stay. I'll catch up with Ike. Comm if you need help.>

To everyone:
<In case you didn't hear, River said there are about 24 coming and they'll be here in about 10 minutes. Thank you River. For warning, not for bringing them here.>

Catch up with Ike.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5546 on: January 10, 2016, 07:50:58 pm »

Campaign

Go along peacefully with wherever they want to put me. But concentrate really hard on trying to summon a radio or something that plays this song. It's important.
You summon a little glowing thing in your ear that constantly plays nice smooth tunes and stay out of the way of people doing actually useful stuff.

((Note from turn: You said 'looks back up at you' If he's looking at me, he's looking down, not up. Assuming I'm in my preferred hybrid form, I'm an unusually-small adolescent, ignoring the tails, remember? I may talk adult-like, but my body and voice are not. tis part of why I ignored when D questioned me saying they were both bigger than me - they ARE, and it should be self-evident.))
"Okay, but, sir, if a fight breaks out, you'll want me there. I'm not helpless."
((That's a problem with me imagining the turns and seeing what happens and then trying to write it concisely. He was looking out the window and down to the ground and then looked up to you. Just didn't write it very well. Until we get a better Imagination to English compiler, you'll have to rely on this buggy laggy version :P
I don't remember the D thing you're taking about, unless I do and you're using different words to describe it that I can't understand))
"Yes, I agree. Do not misunderstand me, I don't consider you helpless, I appreciate your abilities and your offer for help. But I would like to avoid a fight and them finding you would most likely lead to a fight, based on what you told me. Even if you hide, they might have mages that could detect you. I believe it would be safest for all involved for you and your friends to just hide below."
The man starts heading downstairs, but pauses for a second in case you wish to follow him or tell him something more.
"I will leave. This is your choice. The consequences will be yours as well."
<But I will be nearby and watching. If there is need for me to intervene.>
he adds telepathically while looking at you, before he turns around and starts quickly moving away.
<Because deep down he's just a big softy who cares about you. Or he's just looking for a chance to kill people and say "I told you so" if the guy does betray us. Probably the second thing.>

<I'm not sure if we can trust him or not, but he was acting suspiciously nice and helpful. Don't like the chances of him being on our side. We should leave as soon as we have the map. ...Even if he didn't betray us, we should still go so his family isn't hurt and house isn't destroyed if we fight.>
Zechariah thought to himself before continuing to move on. While he would like to be on the safe side and run, he appreciated the hospitality of the general. He might also have a better way to hide them than the group could devise. And, to be quite honest, Zechariah cherished the idea of possibly having an ally in a strange world, where everyone seems to distrust one another - and for good reason.

Stay.

Comm-wire, Irine: <Irine, I am staying here. Do you know if there is somewhere we can hide? If there isn't a place, then I have powers that could help me and others hide. Though, with the way things seemed to be going, I'd prefer if we not have to take the risk...>
You turn around and start walking in the opposite direction, back to the house.

<Okay stay. I'll catch up with Ike. Comm if you need help.>

To everyone:
<In case you didn't hear, River said there are about 24 coming and they'll be here in about 10 minutes. Thank you River. For warning, not for bringing them here.>

Catch up with Ike.
<I did not bring them here.>
Ike-following intensifies.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:53:06 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: January 10, 2016, 08:21:00 pm »

I follow

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5548 on: January 10, 2016, 08:34:38 pm »

I follow
((I assume you're going to help with hiding evidence (although that would be a bit hard to achieve completely, given Alan's mountain) and hide in the fortress as instructed? If yes, then I'll get on with it and advance time.
Edit: Unless there's something else you or other people want to do.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:36:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: January 10, 2016, 08:42:08 pm »

I follow
((I assume you're going to help with hiding evidence (although that would be a bit hard to achieve completely, given Alan's mountain) and hide in the fortress as instructed? If yes, then I'll get on with it and advance time.
Edit: Unless there's something else you or other people want to do.))
exactly, I do as instructed. those that want to run off have already done so. I think it's safe to assume those staying do what Linus tells us too. I know Irine does.

EDIT:
@ D and "Bigger than me"
<I'm sure you are D, but that doesn't mean he can't be gracious too. I mean, you're both bigger than me. Besides, it's nice having people be nice to me. Why not just let people be nice and enjoy their niceness?>
<Hehe, sure. He seems like a cool guy. I'm mostly just having fun. Mostly.
Wait, what do you mean 'bigger than you'?>

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:48:18 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 521