Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125192 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5520 on: January 08, 2016, 10:40:18 pm »

Comm-wire, everyone: <I don't think we should be treating him as some sort of traitor. He doesn't seem very shifty to me, and he hasn't really tried to antagonize any of us. We could run, but then we'd be on our own again. I like.. I like having his help.

Besides, we still have something to get from here, don't we? I think we can trust him, at least for now.>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:42:35 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:30 pm »

"Enough is enough, like I said through the group telepathy, those of you that want to run should go. I'll stay here, relay what happens, and fulfill my agreement with Linus. If things go badly I'll be counting on you, but I think Linus is trustworthy. Linus, if these people are allied to Kassiver, then they may have been told to hunt me and Ike down, we had to hurt him badly to escape and I think he would lie to save face. "
EDIT: lost track of people's locations when I wrote this post, need to re-evaluate.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:38:05 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: January 08, 2016, 11:31:06 pm »

"Good riddance- agh my aching arms."

Kosak grabs the barrel and chugs half of it in one mighty swig.

"Agh... ah. Much better."

Kosak eyes the newcomer to the tavern.

"Hello, fellow champion! Might I challenge you to a duel?!"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: January 08, 2016, 11:43:06 pm »

"Heyo, inn people!  What's going on?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: January 09, 2016, 01:15:11 am »

"Heyo, inn people!  What's going on?"
"Oh, not that much, just...
*Sigh*
Quite a lot, actually, I don't exactly know how to explain it.

Adam looks him up and down.
"What were you doing?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: January 09, 2016, 03:28:04 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Go off-road a bit. Northward, one would suppose. Just so we're not quite running into the approaching Doom Troopers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: January 09, 2016, 09:34:38 am »

"Well, I've found around here you just have to accept some things at face value, because the whole place is pretty bunk-ass.  It has its charms, though.  And my patron entity wanted a word in private with me, talking about future stuffs.  How about you?  Have we even met?  My name's John.  Nice suit."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: January 09, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »

Well, I try to imagine characters as normal people that actually want to be comfortable, not RPG characters that want to be under a giant wall of armor at all times. Hence why I thought you would probably not want to wear armour when not necessary and thus why you wouldn't be wearing it in the house.
((Trying to imagine our characters as normal people, Ha!
I suppose you're right. Though I can think of a few in character justifications it was done more out of RPG character reasons than actual character reasons. I'll try to not act like that in the future.))

Comm-wire, everyone: <I don't think we should be treating him as some sort of traitor. He doesn't seem very shifty to me, and he hasn't really tried to antagonize any of us. We could run, but then we'd be on our own again. I like.. I like having his help.

Besides, we still have something to get from here, don't we? I think we can trust him, at least for now.>

<I'm not sure if we can trust him or not, but he was acting suspiciously nice and helpful. Don't like the chances of him being on our side. We should leave as soon as we have the map. ...Even if he didn't betray us, we should still go so his family isn't hurt and house isn't destroyed if we fight.>

Nikolai will stay with Zech for now.

He straps his shield to left arm.

Using a sling with only one hand might be troublesome, specifically loading it. One technique I read about is to place the sling on the ground, place the rock in the pouch, then pick it up again. Do that. Then place the loaded sling in pocket or bag for quick slinging. Either it works and I can get the first shot off faster, or the rock falls out and I have to load it again.

Nikolai comms to River:
<How many are coming, do you know? Distance or time until they get here?>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:06:27 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: January 09, 2016, 03:10:41 pm »

"John. John... what kind of a name is that? I'm Kosak! I wish to show you my might!"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: January 09, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »

<Like I said, those of you that want to run should go. I'll stay here, relay what happens, and fulfill my agreement with Linus. If things go badly I'll be counting on you, but I think Linus is trustworthy.>
"Linus, if these people are allied to Kassiver, then they may have been told to hunt me and Ike down, we had to hurt him to escape and I think he would lie to save face. Most of us are leaving to avoid causing trouble, since we all seem a little odd, but I'm willing to stay if you'll protect me, that way we can finish our deal and we can have the map we need. We've got ways to find each other if we get separated."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: January 09, 2016, 07:13:28 pm »

"Your might?  Can you pick up one of those tables?"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: January 09, 2016, 07:37:59 pm »

"Well, I've found around here you just have to accept some things at face value, because the whole place is pretty bunk-ass.  It has its charms, though.  And my patron entity wanted a word in private with me, talking about future stuffs.  How about you?  Have we even met?  My name's John.  Nice suit."
((Actually, I wonder if John ever mentioned his name in that entity mission.
Oh well, I'll just wing it.))
"...
Yes, we have met, when we were fighting against Nick, you remember? Any of it?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: January 09, 2016, 07:41:21 pm »

Saevus breaks his nigh perfect imitation of a decorative suit of armor and picks up a table. Seeing as how his eyes are extremely small red points, as opposed to their usual flame-like appearance, it seems like he's bored.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: January 09, 2016, 08:07:31 pm »

John slapped his head.  "Right, sorry!  That whole mission was kind of a blur."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5534 on: January 09, 2016, 09:47:47 pm »

"Rover always feels like he can distrust people. Heck, he even distrusts me of all people!"

Alan looks shocked by this, he's obviously a paragon of reliability and trustworthiness.
"I wonder why."
"Because he attacked me."
"I was being sarcastic."

Well, I try to imagine characters as normal people that actually want to be comfortable, not RPG characters that want to be under a giant wall of armor at all times. Hence why I thought you would probably not want to wear armour when not necessary and thus why you wouldn't be wearing it in the house.
((Trying to imagine our characters as normal people, Ha!
I suppose you're right. Though I can think of a few in character justifications it was done more out of RPG character reasons than actual character reasons. I'll try to not act like that in the future.))

<I'm not sure if we can trust him or not, but he was acting suspiciously nice and helpful. Don't like the chances of him being on our side. We should leave as soon as we have the map. ...Even if he didn't betray us, we should still go so his family isn't hurt and house isn't destroyed if we fight.>

Nikolai will stay with Zech for now.

He straps his shield to left arm.

Using a sling with only one hand might be troublesome, specifically loading it. One technique I read about is to place the sling on the ground, place the rock in the pouch, then pick it up again. Do that. Then place the loaded sling in pocket or bag for quick slinging. Either it works and I can get the first shot off faster, or the rock falls out and I have to load it again.

Nikolai comms to River:
<How many are coming, do you know? Distance or time until they get here?>
((Heh, you know what I mean.
And don't feel that you HAVE to play your character like a normal person. As long as you don't do something too meta, it's fine, you can do whatever you want. I was just explaining why I thought the way I thought.))

I have no idea if that's possible. Let's say you can do that.

<Many. About two dozens. They were not too far and were moving quickly. They will be here soon. Maybe ten minutes.>

Campaign, Ike!

Go off-road a bit. Northward, one would suppose. Just so we're not quite running into the approaching Doom Troopers.
You keep moving, changing heading to northeast.

<Like I said, those of you that want to run should go. I'll stay here, relay what happens, and fulfill my agreement with Linus. If things go badly I'll be counting on you, but I think Linus is trustworthy.>
"Linus, if these people are allied to Kassiver, then they may have been told to hunt me and Ike down, we had to hurt him to escape and I think he would lie to save face. Most of us are leaving to avoid causing trouble, since we all seem a little odd, but I'm willing to stay if you'll protect me, that way we can finish our deal and we can have the map we need. We've got ways to find each other if we get separated."
"Hm. I would had preferred it if it was either one or the other,  instead of both. Easier to plan for."
He unlocks a cupboard and starts searching it.
"Well. There's no time to waste then. We'll treat this like a bandit raid. Hide those who should be hidden in the fortress below, try to get the soldiers away from here with words, have weapons hidden and ready just in case."
He retrieves a short sword and a gauntlet. He sets them down on the table and then starts hiding his work on you, locking it in whatever chests or cupboards can hold it.
"We should get to work, remove any trace that you were here. Easier than explaining and lying to them, whether they're here for you or not. Anything out of place, anything that could make them linger or give them an excuse to stay should be hidden... Like that mountain of cutlery. Why is there a mountain of cutlery outside my house?" he asks as his eyes happen to glance at the window.
Everyone looks at Alan.
"Oh. Right."
He looks back up at you.
"If things turn out badly, you should stay hidden in the fortress. You can stay hidden for quite a long time in that maze and if you have enough time or if they trap you down there, you can try to unseal one of the old passages that lead outside. My wife should know the passages that lead outside, she'll be able to help you."

((I'm going to advance time whenever I have the time for it if there's nothing more you want to do or talk about. So if there's something you need to know or do, now is the time.))
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 521