Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125266 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5505 on: January 04, 2016, 12:51:54 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Listening to River flap his worthless hole never fails to make Ike feel very tired these days. He merely sighs.

"Eh. Leaving sounds like a splendid idea. We've messed around for long enough."

We leave. Quietly.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: January 04, 2016, 01:51:32 pm »

((Yay everyone's active again :D))
((Okay I'll make a page and try to keep track of things. Wiki gnome ahoy!))

"Oh for fuck's sake."
Leave. Now.

Have a couple slings loaded and in my pockets so I can quickly take them out and sling rocks without fumbling around with one hand.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: January 04, 2016, 02:17:39 pm »

<Do we want the map or not? That is why we were waiting here, remember? I'm still in the upper room with Linus anyway, I'll stay and take my chances. Let me know when you're clear and I'll tell him. I've still got my comm-wire, I'll tell you how things go.>
((I've been assuming Irine couldn't be isolated easily and that this conversation was being relayed through the comm-wires, which is why she's been using the telepathy angle brackets))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5508 on: January 04, 2016, 03:46:45 pm »

<Do we want the map or not? That is why we were waiting here, remember? I'm still in the upper room with Linus anyway, I'll stay and take my chances. Let me know when you're clear and I'll tell him. I've still got my comm-wire, I'll tell you how things go.>
((I've been assuming Irine couldn't be isolated easily and that this conversation was being relayed through the comm-wires, which is why she's been using the telepathy angle brackets))
((Sure, I'm just assuming you were capable of talking for brevity's sake, in case someone wanted to actually talk to each other, so you wouldn't have to wait for the action to be processed. Assume you're wherever you want. Just tell me where you are when it's time to act so that there's less chance of a  misunderstanding.))

Leave. Now.
Are you going to take your armour with you? If yes, are you going to wear it? If you're not going to wear it, where are you going to put it?

We leave. Quietly.
Which direction? Just following the road east?
And what exactly does quietly mean? Just start walking away without a word? Have a drummer lightly tap on the cymbals while you walk on the tip of your toes?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:05 pm »

And what exactly does quietly mean? Just start walking away without a word? Have a drummer lightly tap on the cymbals while you walk on the tip of your toes?

Eastward for now.

And quietly means without bothering to say tearful goodbyes/bang the gate real hard as I leave to make my feelings known/get in anyone's way/attract much in the way of attention. So if I do need to come back (such as in the case of someone messing up really badly), it'll just look like I wandered off for no particular reason without telling anyone.

Any objects I have obtained here (except the map if I happen to be in possession of it) I will leave behind. That is, keeping my original clothes, sword, miscellaneous garbage, leaving anything else I may have picked up.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: January 04, 2016, 04:34:42 pm »

Definitely wear the armour. I think I'm already wearing it, at least there was no mention of taking it off.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:00:14 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: January 04, 2016, 04:50:57 pm »

((Main reason I'm staying is the assumption that we haven't recieved the map yet. If our exchange is complete, then my action needs to change))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: January 04, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »

I made a page here to keep track of stuff.
So far it is empty. Anyone can edit it, I trust you all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: January 04, 2016, 06:14:53 pm »

Alan assumes by 'human' River means the soldier guy from the Chaos Disco Dunk Incident. Therefore he trots merrily over to the general dude, probably accidentally belching something into his face as he finds him.

"Yo sup general major dude! Our psychic wolf leader dude says there's soldiers coming towards here, ya know anything about that?"

Go find general, innocently ask questions, possibly compromise group integrity.
For like the third time.

Tactfully don't mention the spiked food and drink.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: January 05, 2016, 11:53:38 am »

<Alan just walked in and told Linus about the soldiers...>

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: January 05, 2016, 03:14:09 pm »

Team A

"Well then, this seems to be the part where I would die normally. Let's see if I can get a different result this time. Hey William, glad to see you made it too."
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: January 05, 2016, 03:39:02 pm »

Team A

"Howdy, Bryan. Nice to see ya ain't dead yet. Well, this is a mite awkward, seems these folks here want me to kill ya. Even had me do some sort of blood ritual thing. Guess it's gonna be like that last challenge." With his back to the old man and woman, William winks at Bryan as he says that last part.

Throw the knife at Bryan, but not with enough force for it to actually hit him, or maybe throw it a bit wide. Gonna blame it on lack of my good arm. Then transform and start charging.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: January 06, 2016, 04:06:09 am »

Worrying is not going to help, Zechariah thought to himself as he sat on the bed, giving himself a little breathing room before continuing to work with the others. A part of this is because the staff isn't the same, but the energy still comes from me. He began to breathe deeply, trying to put himself in a calmer mindset.

I'm gonna drive myself insane with all of this.. well, whatever it is. I can't bring myself down. Not in the middle of a mission. There's still people I can help - even if my powers won't work the way I want them to. I can still do my best. He took the wooden staff - more of a branch, really - in hand and stood up. Remember that Artemis doesn't exist anymore. He's a figment of your - my - imagination. Focus on reality. Focus on the present. That's all you need to work on, Zechariah. We - I can do this.

Even after all this time truly alone, Zechariah still felt a little strange not having to share his mind with another person's conscious presence.

Later, when River warns of the incoming humans:

Get ready to leave and join the rest of the main group. Keep on the lookout. What time of day is it? If it's the night or otherwise without much light, keep in mind that I must use the shadows primarily if I must cause a diversion or a defense. If there is ample light, attempt to use hardlight instead.

Practice with my crystal constructs if there is daylight available while we leave. I want to find out what's wrong with either my staff or my mind.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5518 on: January 08, 2016, 09:45:50 pm »

Team A

"Well then, this seems to be the part where I would die normally. Let's see if I can get a different result this time. Hey William, glad to see you made it too."
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
Team A

"Howdy, Bryan. Nice to see ya ain't dead yet. Well, this is a mite awkward, seems these folks here want me to kill ya. Even had me do some sort of blood ritual thing. Guess it's gonna be like that last challenge." With his back to the old man and woman, William winks at Bryan as he says that last part.

Throw the knife at Bryan, but not with enough force for it to actually hit him, or maybe throw it a bit wide. Gonna blame it on lack of my good arm. Then transform and start charging.
Well, those actions are a bit vague. Let's see...
Well, not like you can do anything with those rolls.

William attempts to throw his knife at Bryan, but his grip isn't very strong. The knife slips from between his fingers and clatters to the ground close to his legs. Bryan just watches with a blank stare.

That done, he starts to transform, getting his tentacles and green energy everywhere, becoming a ball of flesh and bone. He feels quite a lot better now, much less tired.

"Do not try to destroy this place. Or we will destroy you.
Eline. Open the portal."
the voice coming from the man says.

Staging area

John sat for a couple minutes in quiet thought after the conversation.  He looked around at the equipment in his lab-like private area.  Hmmm...

"Yes, you're right.  I should push myself more and not wait for circumstances to push me.  I just feel there's never enough time to get everything I need done before I must push onward with the objective.  All the missions I have been on have been more "instant action" style; maybe I should go for something more slow-paced." He nodded, mostly to himself.

"Well, whenever you want to talk about your enemy, let me know.  I'll be an ear for you.  Anything else you need from me?  Or have for me?"

Anything else?  If not, head to the common area.
: No. There is nothing more I need to communicate to you. Do note that this unit will be available in your personal section whenever you desire to take advantage of its capabilities. :

You shrug and head back to the inn, where you find a dwarf beating up a fat drunk cartoon character. Seems normal.

"OW- I meant something I can drink!"

Kosak punches away the thing that just landed on him and gets something large, alcoholic, and drinkable.
After a battle with a drunkard too epic to describe here, you get a barrel of booze as a prize.

Campaign

Eastward for now.

And quietly means without bothering to say tearful goodbyes/bang the gate real hard as I leave to make my feelings known/get in anyone's way/attract much in the way of attention. So if I do need to come back (such as in the case of someone messing up really badly), it'll just look like I wandered off for no particular reason without telling anyone.

Any objects I have obtained here (except the map if I happen to be in possession of it) I will leave behind. That is, keeping my original clothes, sword, miscellaneous garbage, leaving anything else I may have picked up.

You wear your old clothes (now clean of blood, vomit and other unpleasant things), go outside and start walking east.

Definitely wear the armour. I think I'm already wearing it, at least there was no mention of taking it off.
Well, I try to imagine characters as normal people that actually want to be comfortable, not RPG characters that want to be under a giant wall of armor at all times. Hence why I thought you would probably not want to wear armour when not necessary and thus why you wouldn't be wearing it in the house.

You wear your protection and get behind Ike.

((Main reason I'm staying is the assumption that we haven't recieved the map yet. If our exchange is complete, then my action needs to change))
No, you don't have the map.

Worrying is not going to help, Zechariah thought to himself as he sat on the bed, giving himself a little breathing room before continuing to work with the others. A part of this is because the staff isn't the same, but the energy still comes from me. He began to breathe deeply, trying to put himself in a calmer mindset.

I'm gonna drive myself insane with all of this.. well, whatever it is. I can't bring myself down. Not in the middle of a mission. There's still people I can help - even if my powers won't work the way I want them to. I can still do my best. He took the wooden staff - more of a branch, really - in hand and stood up. Remember that Artemis doesn't exist anymore. He's a figment of your - my - imagination. Focus on reality. Focus on the present. That's all you need to work on, Zechariah. We - I can do this.

Even after all this time truly alone, Zechariah still felt a little strange not having to share his mind with another person's conscious presence.

Later, when River warns of the incoming humans:

Get ready to leave and join the rest of the main group. Keep on the lookout. What time of day is it? If it's the night or otherwise without much light, keep in mind that I must use the shadows primarily if I must cause a diversion or a defense. If there is ample light, attempt to use hardlight instead.

Practice with my crystal constructs if there is daylight available while we leave. I want to find out what's wrong with either my staff or my mind.

There's no well defined main group, so I'm going to assume you want to follow Ike.

There's probably at least 3 more hours of daytime left. Maybe a bit more. You haven't gotten used to this world's time yet.

You manage to create a slightly larger piece of light for a few moments. It causes you to fall on the ground from the dizziness. Even after you get back on your feet you feel a bit tired and weak.

Alan assumes by 'human' River means the soldier guy from the Chaos Disco Dunk Incident. Therefore he trots merrily over to the general dude, probably accidentally belching something into his face as he finds him.

"Yo sup general major dude! Our psychic wolf leader dude says there's soldiers coming towards here, ya know anything about that?"

Go find general, innocently ask questions, possibly compromise group integrity.
For like the third time.

Tactfully don't mention the spiked food and drink.

"Huh?"
The man seems confused and surprised by Alan's words and sudden entrance, but he returns to calm within moments.
"No. If what you say is true, then don't know anything-"
"You lie! Your servant left for the east. Now there are soldiers coming here from the east." River accuses him.
"Once again, I have nothing to offer to you but my word. I know nothing about them."
He pauses for a moment to look at everyone around him before returning his gaze to River.
"Now if you were going to attack me you would have already done so. So we should stop wasting time on this."
River grunts something threateningly and barely intelligible in response, along the lines of "don't be so sure".
"So, I'm assuming that you're in trouble and that them finding you here will be bad for both of us." he continues, this time addressing Irine.
"Are you going to run or should I help you hide below ground?"
"So you can trap us?"
"Do you feel like I would trap you?"
"..."

<Alan just walked in and told Linus about the soldiers...>
<He he. Sometimes I really love that guy.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: January 08, 2016, 09:49:34 pm »

"Rover always feels like he can distrust people. Heck, he even distrusts me of all people!"

Alan looks shocked by this, he's obviously a paragon of reliability and trustworthiness.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 521