Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125640 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5325 on: November 10, 2015, 01:27:13 am »

Team A, WMD

"Maybe. You got moonshine? The entities or whatever the fuck abducted me to take part in their games haven't given me any good hooch. And I suppose I have to ask, why did you take the girl? If you hadn't done that, I probably wouldn't be here. Hell, the Eleven of Diamonds seem to be powerful individually. You can even make your own place in a different dimension, or whatever this is. What did you need some random girl for? Does she have some untapped potential or something clichéd like in those moving pictures mah pa took me to see in the city? Or wait, is she actually the daughter of one of y'all and this is just some fucked up visitation rights shit, like with mah Uncle Clem?"

Talking, resting. How am I doing on energy?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: November 10, 2015, 04:02:01 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Say, that's pretty cool. I knew it was a great idea to chat up people we find along the road. You seem like you'd know a bit about the, uh, everything, really," Ike says. "First off, you may want to be ready to hit the deck. Alan means well, but he's got a bit of a mutually abusive relationship with probability."

"Secondly, you got your wizard training from the city's big tower as well, right? Or are there other places that they teach wizardry in around here?"

Make conversation!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: November 10, 2015, 06:17:07 am »

<I say we accept his surrender. Now.>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:53:40 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5328 on: November 10, 2015, 06:53:32 am »

<I say we surrender. Now.>
Pssst. You actually won. We're not talking about whether or not you surrender. We're talking about whether or not you accept Nick's surrender.
Sorry, I know you probably misunderstood that, but i found this incredibly funny and I had to quote it. "Congratulations, you win!" "No, please! Not the victory! That's almost as bad as the comfy chair! I surrender!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:45 am »

I pause for a bit, remaining where I am. "Sir, what does the name Kassiver mean to you?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: November 10, 2015, 09:08:55 am »

"I am going to need a few drinks after this."

Kosak looks back through the hole, trying to figure out what happened. If the giant is still coming after him, he takes a fighting stance and demonstrates his martial superiority over the giant. If the giant is also disposed of... Kosak tries to find a door he has not yet gone through, and goes through it if it is not too dangerous.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:14:52 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: November 10, 2015, 09:11:25 am »

Team A
"I understand." Bryan turns to the strange woman, "Now you said that you could get us out of here. So, I think its time to go."
Follow instructions for getting
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5332 on: November 10, 2015, 11:43:22 am »

"Nonsense, my good man! Have some corn, this is a farm!"

Summon large corn!
You lift your hand to begin your summoning, but at the same time the man lifts his gloved hand and waves it in a dismissive gesture. The (by now familiar) purple light that is emitted whenever you try to summon something begins appearing in front of your hand, but it is immediately beset by white lines that form a polygonal cage around it. You can feel the resistance against your ability. You and the purple light struggle against the interference for a split second, but you just can't muster enough power to defeat it. The cage shrinks around the struggling light, converting it into more white lines. It collapses into a small cube and then breaks apart into a small firework display of slowly fading voxels. You are left with nothing to show for your effort except for a feeling of stinging coldness inside you.
"No. I'd prefer it if I didn't have unpredictable chaos magic near my house." the man says a bit more firmly now.

<Hehe, Alan got destruction-blocked.
Also, isn't using 'unpredictable' when referring to 'chaos' a bit redundant?>

Campaign, Ike!

"Say, that's pretty cool. I knew it was a great idea to chat up people we find along the road. You seem like you'd know a bit about the, uh, everything, really," Ike says. "First off, you may want to be ready to hit the deck. Alan means well, but he's got a bit of a mutually abusive relationship with probability."

"Secondly, you got your wizard training from the city's big tower as well, right? Or are there other places that they teach wizardry in around here?"

Make conversation!
"Oh, don't worry. It's not the first time I've faced magical attacks. Or the behaviour of chaos mages."

"As for your second question, yes and no. Yes, one of my teachers was a Tower Mage but no, I was not trained there, I only briefly visited the tower, at least in my early training. Most of my training took place in the northern part of the Kingdom, mostly close to Athser Fortress. It is an entirely different kind of training all together. It has a different purpose.

Soldiers train for combat.  Tower mages... they know some self defence spells and some powerful combat spells sometimes, and they might be able to use some of their spells offensively in times of need (or to control their "experiments" as their stories say), but their primary purpose is teaching, research, production, healing, utility... Except for those dedicated to combat magic, of course, although even they probably can't hold their own as well as a well trained and well equipped battlemage. I suppose it depends on who they apprentice under. They are more like a guild for people with shared interests. A really powerful guild, powerful enough to hold positions in the government."

"Besides my initial training, I'm mostly self-taught. Books, visits or letters to temples or other mages, the occasional trip to the Fire Tower. And experiments, very rarely. My teachers may have thought that I was not a very good mage and they may had been right. But I feel that I have made good progress on the subjects that interest me. Especially after my retirement."

I pause for a bit, remaining where I am. "Sir, what does the name Kassiver mean to you?"
The man thinks for a few seconds, furrowing his brow in thought.
"Hmmm... No, I don't think so... Wait, I think there was a bard with that name in... Crosswood was it? No, I don't remember."

"Why are you asking, if I may ask? Are you looking for that man? Is that why you are here from all the way... where is that place you came from, again? West? South, across the sea? Or from the North?"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:46:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: November 10, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

<A battle ends with death.>

Though I will accept Nick's surrender if I'm outvoted on that matter. If we end up fighting to finish him off - launch some larger debris at him.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:54:05 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:24 pm »

"He's a tower mage, and is why I'm keeping my distance. The tower in the capitol exploded a couple weeks ago, and the survivors formed a camp in the ruins. We got lost and needed directions, so Ike and I went to their camp to ask for help. Their sentries led us to Kassiver, said he was a local leader. He took us to an isolated corner of the camp, talked for a little while, then sucker-punched me with a paralysis spell, called me an upstart animal that needed to learn to respect its betters, had his guards restrain Ike, and tried to... Ike broke free and saved me. And now I don't know if I can trust any of the humans from around here. No matter how much I screamed, nobody came to help me. All they did was watch. What makes you different from them?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: November 10, 2015, 01:15:29 pm »

Ike smiles placidly as he nods his head in Irine's direction. "Ah, as I said, a mite unfriendly. Very nasty bit of business that was. Part of the reason why I felt the need to try and assuage fears of beast people a moment ago. Which she actually is not a representative of, I must add, at least not of the local variety you may be accustomed to. You would be surprised what a cornucopia of animal people you can find among the myriad strange realms of mysticality."

"More importantly, have you heard word of any strange creatures in the east? We are looking for one. I think River would be able to tell you more. Maybe the description will ring a few bells," he continues, looking at River. "Mind telling the general more about the dragon?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: November 10, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »

Alan says things, but mostly in the background while everyone else is speaking.

"Aw, but it was gonna be a gigantic corn and everything. Ah well, we've got plenty of food if you wanted already.

I don't know much about what's going on, just that we were here to do something or other but then we all kinda got sidetracked and no one told me again what we were gonna do. Did you say I was a chaos mage? That's pretty cool, reminds me of that Chaos Dunk I did earlier on the giant disco ball when I accidentally didn't kill those two guys. Hey, you said you have farm animals? Imma go see what they look like. Maybe pet them! Hopefully they don't bite."

Prance over to wherever the farm animals the guy mentioned are and look at them intently.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: November 10, 2015, 02:54:43 pm »

<I say we surrender. Now.>
Pssst. You actually won. We're not talking about whether or not you surrender. We're talking about whether or not you accept Nick's surrender.
Sorry, I know you probably misunderstood that, but i found this incredibly funny and I had to quote it. "Congratulations, you win!" "No, please! Not the victory! That's almost as bad as the comfy chair! I surrender!"
Woops sorry.
Posting late at night + on a tablet + while perusing other threads = StupidRune206. Fixed the mistake. I did realize what you said, I just didn't words at the time good.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: November 10, 2015, 04:07:40 pm »

:-\
Please auto me because of multiple reasons my activity has dwindled in the recent days. Thank you.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: November 10, 2015, 05:09:39 pm »

Go Anderson, win this for me! I may have been splatered by eldrich explosion, but I have not lost hope. Also, I'd recommend not putting too much trust in little girls who want to flay people alive.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 521