Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125593 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5310 on: November 07, 2015, 09:53:32 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"That's nice of you to offer. Fair warning, though, our friends look a lot like animal people. And while one of them is mostly catatonic, the others can be a mite unfriendly. But they're not actual beastmen, so you need not fear their vicious savagery and depredations."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: November 07, 2015, 10:05:08 pm »

Doctors hate him!  See this one weird tip discovered by a mom crazy dude!

And by that I mean summon another missile, then use it as a base for a lot of copies summoned into the wreckage.  I'm talking Macross Missile Massacre up in here.

'You guys might want to back up.'
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: November 07, 2015, 10:47:48 pm »

<Good.>
And then I hear us being called to come over. So I stand up, straighten out my clothes, and step forward to within earshot, my flame orb trailing along behind me, watching carefully for signs of an ambush. I then yell out to both my companions and the locals:
"Are you sure?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: November 08, 2015, 08:13:10 am »

Continue running from the danger. Gotta get my cardio.  Use my ability to feel out the status of Nick's body.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5314 on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:31 pm »

((Just a quick one before I go to sleep. My head is filled with numbers already, so I'll just write something easy that doesn't involve much rolling.))

"Sounds good. Lemme just invite our friends!"

I still have that megaphone and/or excessively loud speaker system that I used to cause the Great Country Music Cataclysm, right? Use that to convey my words of 'hey guys this guy's offering us shelter imma accept it so come on down' to the others that stayed behind.

If I don't have either of those things for whatever reason, try summoning another megaphone and then repeat the message.

You do indeed have these things. Much loudspeaker-amplified screaming ensues. The nearby animals do not seem too happy about that. The two dogs start barking at you again while the ones in the pen make a quick dash inside it before they start rapidly going in circles.
"Stop screaming! You can talk to them later. And more quietly!" the man shouts as he runs to calm the horse tied close to the wagon.

Campaign, Ike!

"That's nice of you to offer. Fair warning, though, our friends look a lot like animal people. And while one of them is mostly catatonic, the others can be a mite unfriendly. But they're not actual beastmen, so you need not fear their vicious savagery and depredations."
"Don't worry. I'm no stranger to how... unfriendly beastmen can be." the man says between breaths after he returns to you after about a minute of moving around.
"There's no need to sugarcoat it. Although I would appreciate it if the two of you kept a closer eye on him." he adds, indicating Alan with some annoyance.

<Good.>
And then I hear us being called to come over. So I stand up, straighten out my clothes, and step forward to within earshot, my flame orb trailing along behind me, watching carefully for signs of an ambush. I then yell out to both my companions and the locals:
"Are you sure?"
<I'm glad you find our little conversation 'good'. Anyway, let's see what kind of trouble our Falstaffian friend has gotten himself into this time.>
River looks at you curiously for a few seconds before stopping what he is doing and following you from some distance.

You get close enough to the others to be heard a few seconds after the man has finished talking to the others.
"Are you sure?"
"Certainly. As long as you keep that thing away from my house." he yells back while pointing at your fireball.
"Everyone is welcome here. Especially people as interesting as you and your friends."
<Oh, that guy must have a death-wish. Hey, which is just what you were asking for, right?
That or there's something fishy going on around here. Don't get me wrong, but y'all are not the most trustworthy-looking group of people.>

"And as long as you can offer some compensation." he continues, this time talking more quietly to the three closest to him.
"These are hard times, after all. And I wasn't expecting so many of you. Do you happen to have more of that drink you offered me, perhaps? Or something else worth trading?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: November 08, 2015, 11:27:28 pm »

"Y'need food or anything? Household items need replacing? Pool noodles? Garden hose? Anything at all like that?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: November 09, 2015, 01:09:29 am »

<I meant... never mind. But what's a Falstaff?>
I look at the man curiously, surprised by his hospitality, and move closer (fireball still trailing along behind me), though still maintaining some distance, just close enough we don't need to yell to hear each other.
"Last time someone said stuff like that, they tricked me and tried to enslave me. Ike, why are we stopping here? We just finished waiting out that storm, shouldn't we keep moving?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: November 09, 2015, 02:32:49 am »

I look at the man curiously, surprised by his hospitality, and move closer (fireball still trailing along behind me), though still maintaining some distance, just close enough we don't need to yell to hear each other.
"Last time someone said stuff like that, they tricked me and tried to enslave me. Ike, why are we stopping here? We just finished waiting out that storm, shouldn't we keep moving?"

"It is true, we don't really need rest. To be honest, we're just stopping by for a good chat," Ike explains to Irine.

He then looks back at the man.

"For one, it's rather good to collect one's thoughts and explain them to someone else. And you seem like a right friendly sort, if a bit suspiciously so. And you appear to have correctly deduced that, provided none of us are provoked, my friend here," Ike says, nodding at Alan, "is indeed the most dangerous to your continued good health, which strikes me as a particularly fine guess. You wouldn't happen to be a wizard or similarly trained individual slumming it up in the back country, would you? Just asking for curiosity's sake, we'll in all likelihood be moving on in a bit in either case."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: November 09, 2015, 03:18:47 pm »

Nikolai hands the man a precious bottle of moonshine.
"Here ya go. It's good stuff. Now Ike's right we really should get going to Areloggez soon. Thanks for the directions."
"Don't think you ever told us your name, mister."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5319 on: November 10, 2015, 12:00:50 am »

"You! Giant fighting guy! Come with me! We shall duel elsewhere while the smart guy gets crushed!"

Kosak beckons the giant to come with him and then leaves the room(not through the booby-trapped door, through the smashed-through wall).
The giant looks at you for a few seconds, shrugs and starts running towards you. You're not sure if he did that because of what you told him, but the results are pretty much the same. You, in the meantime, do your best to get out of here while those things are still nowhere close to you. For a short guy, you manage to get out of the room surprisingly fast. You're out of there before anyone can realize what happened.

However the grass is not all that greener on the other side of the wall. For one the corridor doesn't appear to be in such a good shape. One entire side of the hallway is completely gone, leaving only half of it there. Through the other half you can see the ruins of disjoint rooms and corridors floating in a sea of endless clouds and surrounded by strange things: flying snakes, floating hexagons, spinning flowers. The destruction has removed the forcefield, but that's not very encouraging considering it has also removed two of the three doors that were behind it.

On the bright side, you hear some screaming coming from the hole behind you. Literally on the bright side, because there's a lot of light accompanying said screaming. It's not blindingly bright, but you still can't look at it directly. There's something strange about it, something that makes your brain hurt. Even the reflected like feels like it's turning everything it touches into fire that painfully burns your perception of it.

Team A, WMD

"Is this the part where you ask me to join you, or where you kill me? Or are you just going to keep watching?" William asks, closing his eyes again and going back to resting.

Rest more. Not much else I can do. Unless attacked, then transform and attack with anchors while trying to charge.
Everything is quiet for several seconds.
"That depends, son. Would you join us, if given the opportunity?" you finally hear a voice from somewhere above you.

Team A
"Proper justice is a hard thing to understand sometimes. It is even harder to carry out at other times. When there is someone who is capable of breaking out of jail or backstabbing you it becomes a difficult choice. Finish them, and possibly compromise your personal morals while also possibly letting real justice slip away, or let them live, allowing the possibility of them hurting you again. I have made both sides of the choice several times. Each and every time I was left wondering if I had made the right decision. I'm afraid I don't know the right answer here either. If you truly think you are doing the right thing, I suppose I am unable to stop you. But at least do it quickly. No matter how evil a person is tormenting them lowers you to their level."
Keep up the shields
Joanna points the weapon at the prone woman.
She looks at you and her target quietly for several seconds.
"I... I don't want to kill her." she says and closes her eyes.
"I want to torture her." she whispers to herself. "I'm sorry."
She opens her eyes and lowers the gun.
"At the slightest hint of something wrong, we kill her. You understand?" she asks you, trying to be intimidating while wiping the tears off her eyes.
"You hear that? If you even think of double crossing us, you're dead! Skinned alive!" she yells at the prone and still moaning and bleeding woman. From the way she moved towards her, you half expected her to kick her.
"And at the end of this I want there to be justice. If you can't take care of that, I will." she adds.

Well, your minds are not under attack right now, but you protect them anyway, just in case.

Storm Coming

Squeeze my way out onto the surface. Do my best to return to my human self.

<I'm sure I'd be unconscious from pain if I had pain receptors in slime form. Also, hmmm, maybe I should get some poisonous gas going.>
You somehow manage to become even more trapped and not able to kill. Specifically, something in the ground or in the water reacts with your slimy bodily wall, causing it to solidify into something like brittle bones, thus depriving you of your ability to move around. And if that wasn't bad enough, this also creates another layer of wall around you.

"Nooo! I must kill the entity!"
<No, Rune. You are the entity.>
And then Rune was the entity all along!

Well, if I can't walk, time to dig. Take a deep breath, and start crawling underground like a land shark. Attempt to crawl towards the healer/only guy running away from a fight.
I... Um... I... How... But... Screw it, I can't figure out what modifier that action would need, but it sounds like something you would do. I'll just roll a d6, say that accounts for the injury penalty.

You attempt to swim in the ground like it's a liquid, attempting to travel downwards, through the partially destroyed road below you and into freedom. However, you miscalculate how much time and/or oxygen you'd need. Either that or the damage to your brain and/or hearing has also given you a very crappy sense of direction. That problem, coupled with your injuries, means you quickly feel yourself run out of air and probably soon to be choking in your self-made grave.

Go help out Ron or Rune dig themselves out. Unless it looks like they don't need help - in that case go find some large-ish looking debris I could launch at Nick.
Well, Ron was last seen under the building and getting there would take some time, so you just start going around the building, trying to find Nick and hopefully Rune along with him. It sure would be nice if people told you where they are so you can help them immediately rather than have to search for them.

Doctors hate him!  See this one weird tip discovered by a mom crazy dude!

And by that I mean summon another missile, then use it as a base for a lot of copies summoned into the wreckage.  I'm talking Macross Missile Massacre up in here.

'You guys might want to back up.'
It's the Circus

Continue running from the danger. Gotta get my cardio.  Use my ability to feel out the status of Nick's body.
You keep running as stuff start exploding behind you.
You'd say he's pretty banged up. Lots of bleeding. Not much strength left.

Everyone
John unleashes a catastrophic missile barrage that turns the building and everything around it into burning Swiss cheese. In a way, Rune and Ron are quite lucky to be trapped. It's not exactly a catastrophic Alpha strike, but it lasts long enough to make up for it. Saevus manages to avoid getting hit through a combination of luck, cover, shielding and stasis shield.
<Argh. I surrender humans. You win.> comes a voice a while later.
<Ah. A surrender? I was hoping to see an Avatar die today.>
<Hey! If you wanna see someone die then go kill yourself in front of a mirror, asshole.>
<There is no dishonour in admitting when you are defeated.>
<But there is dishonour in getting defeated so easily. There was barely one death.>
<Only because the ones he disabled weren't worth killing.>
<Anyway, enough arguing. What do our players say? Do you accept your opponents surrender? Or do you want to... shall we say... 'finish the job'?>

Campaign

<I meant... never mind. But what's a Falstaff?>
<Oh, you meant that as in 'oh, you're so good Roger, I wish I was as great, good looking and awesome as you'? Yeah, don't worry about it, there's no need to hide that, I get that all the time, he he he.> he says with a teasing tone.
<Anyway, Falstaff is from Shakespeare. You know. 'Alas poor Yorick'? 'To be or not to be?' 'The lady doth protest too much'? 'Et tu, Brute?' Eh... 'Spear-guy was A... playwright, wrote some good plays in some Earths. You know, things where people pretend to be other people, acting out a story instead of just saying it for the amusement of others. And in some of those Earths he even played a big part in shaping language. Think he even became an emperor in one. And Falstaff was a guy in one of his plays. Fat guy, jolly, big ego, reminds me of Alan in some ways.>

"I am sorry to hear that. Alas, I can't offer you anything except my word of honour that I will not attempt to harm you or enslave my guests."

"Y'need food or anything? Household items need replacing? Pool noodles? Garden hose? Anything at all like that?"
"I might..."
The man seems to immediately reconsider.
"Not right now, no. I would prefer to discuss that with your companions later. Preferably after they show me what they can offer."

"It is true, we don't really need rest. To be honest, we're just stopping by for a good chat," Ike explains to Irine.

He then looks back at the man.

"For one, it's rather good to collect one's thoughts and explain them to someone else. And you seem like a right friendly sort, if a bit suspiciously so. And you appear to have correctly deduced that, provided none of us are provoked, my friend here," Ike says, nodding at Alan, "is indeed the most dangerous to your continued good health, which strikes me as a particularly fine guess. You wouldn't happen to be a wizard or similarly trained individual slumming it up in the back country, would you? Just asking for curiosity's sake, we'll in all likelihood be moving on in a bit in either case."
Nikolai hands the man a precious bottle of moonshine.
"Here ya go. It's good stuff. Now Ike's right we really should get going to Areloggez soon. Thanks for the directions."
"Don't think you ever told us your name, mister."

The man slowly accepts the bottle with a smile.
"Thank you for your gift stranger. If there is anything I can do to repay your kindness, do not hesitate to ask.
It saddens me to hear that you cannot stay longer. My servant will be leaving for Areloggez too today. He'll be taking the wagon to get some supplies. He may not get there as quickly as you, but he won't be walking there in the heat of the sun.  If you are in no great hurry and as long as you promise that no harm will come to him, you could wait until he is ready to leave and ride with him."

"As for my name and abilities, I am General Linus Lokitor and I am indeed a magic user. Retired General, I should add, if that was not obvious. Understanding people is a great skill to have for that sort of position. As is the ability to use magic. And figuring out what the most dangerous thing around you is.
That is, if you wish to survive long enough to see retirement."
he says with a smile on his face and a hint of sadness in his voice.

<Ah, well that might offer another explanation. He's simply so cocky he thinks he can take us all on.
Or he's suffering from some sort of trauma and doesn't really care about anything anymore. Which I guess you could fold into the previously proposed 'he is crazy' explanation.
Or he's genuinely friendly.>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:33:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:20 am »

Spit at the earth. If it lands on the dirt, go up. If it lands on my face, go down. Spit will tell me which way to go.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: November 10, 2015, 12:19:04 am »

"Nonsense, my good man! Have some corn, this is a farm!"

Summon large corn!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: November 10, 2015, 12:23:54 am »

(How long's the campaign? It's been about a year since it started.)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: November 10, 2015, 12:38:58 am »

((It'd be shorter if they'd quit blowing themselves up.  Not that John has any room whatsoever to talk.))

"Eh... I dunno.  We still win either way, and I don't see much benefit dragging this out.  I feel like I'm getting stuck in a rut anyway; I seem to be solving every problem with explosions these days."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:30 am »

(I have a feeling I would've broke the planet in half by that time. Look at my collateral damage now, and without any fancy bombs!)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 521