Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125664 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5295 on: November 05, 2015, 04:53:30 pm »

MEDIC!!!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5296 on: November 05, 2015, 10:10:32 pm »

Team A
"Joanna, stop and give me the gun. I don't want you to have to become a killer. I'll do it myself. And do you know of any other way out of here. Unfortunately, we might need her help." Use a firm voice. Controlled, not angry. Stay on guard for a mental assault, but if need be stop Joanna from killing the woman.
She pauses for a second, considering your words.
"Yes. I can help you. Please listen to the nice-"
The moment the other opens her mouth to plead, Joanna raises her pistol and pulls the trigger.
A splash of blood erupts from the woman's head, creating another stain in the snow-covered ground.
The woman screams as she curls into a ball, her hand clutching the bloody spot where her ear used to be.
"Argh. Fucking bitch shot my ear off." the prone woman moans as Joanna struggles against you grip, trying to push you out of her way and get you to let go of her wrist. She shouldn't complain. If it weren't for your quick reflexes, there would be a lot more than her blood splattered on the ground.

Joanna relents for a second, taking her eyes off the woman and focusing them on yours.
"What are you going to do? Arrest her? Just so she can stab us in the back? And do this thing all over again?! She should die. They should all die!" she screams the final sentence with eyes full of anger and tears as she once more tries to free her hand from you and point the gun at the woman, this time putting some serious effort behind it.
She is surprisingly strong. It takes all your strength just to keep her from pulling you out of balance. You struggle for a few seconds before she manages to free herself from your grip. However in those few seconds now her anger has diminished somewhat (or at least been redirected towards you). She stands there, taking quick breaths while looking at you, the gun hanging from her tense hand and pointing at the ground.

((I can't trust that I'll be able to post often enough to effectively play this game, but I'm willing to attempt it...))

Spoiler: If you wish: (click to show/hide)
Well, first give me some seconds to remember what was going on with you... then let's see where you were relative to the explosion... now roll for damage... and roll for effect... Oh. This looks fun.

A green wave passes through the room accompanied by a powerful quake, the monstrous giant and the short man behind the glass pausing to look at it.

Pointy cyan icicle-like shards begin appearing close to the ceiling and very slowly making their way towards the floor, their descent slowed by feathery wings made of vision-distorting light branching out of their "body" like the branches of a tree. While the shards themselves are no larger than your head, their feathery wings give them great fluffy volume.

Other than that, you seem to be in the same condition as before.

Team A, WMD

Rest, I guess. See if that lets me restore any energy.
You feel slightly better.
After a while, you open your eyes and catch a glimpse of a head looking at you. Not an entire body, just a head. You look again but you can't see it anymore.

Campaign

"Glad I could help."
I move back into the clown observation position.
<Hey, D? What is Stellar like when I'm not there? Why is she so protective of me? and what was she searching for when she found me?>
River grunts in acknowledgement and returns to his carvings as you go back to observing the team.

<Oh, she's only the coolest and most awesomest girl in the entire world. You should see her out there... When she acts, when she talks to others, she has that... quality. It's hard to explain. She's just a good person. A great person. People just rally around her. Because they know what she can do.

But not in some boring 'white knight' sort of way, she's actually cool too. She's open, trusting, friendly. And intelligent and determined and hardworking and funny. And a great teacher, understanding and kind but also firm. And she's fun at parties.

But don't think that she's a pushover just because she tries to be nice. She sticks to her rules. And if you try to take advantage of her or try to hurt what she cares about, what she has taken under her protection, she will burn you. Hehe, much like me, I suppose.>

<Of course, she has a bit of a... Well, not a problem exactly, it is part of her charm, but it is also something I disagree with. She feels as if she's responsible for everything wrong in the world, or at least in her awareness. Like she's supposed to fix everything and stop all suffering around her. To the point where she may end up consumed by whatever task she ends up working on.

And she keeps blaming herself for not doing more. Especially when she thinks she has failed for some reason. It's like she falls in a circle of self-blame and... She closes up and just... stops. It's so strange seeing her be so positive for others but not for herself.

Good thing I'm there for her. If I wasn't there to convince her to take some time for herself and have some fun, I bet she'd work herself to death. Caring for others is cool, but sometimes you got to say screw everyone else and live your life, have your fun, that's what I say. Not being a dick to others while doing so, of course, but not necessarily sacrificing your entire life on them either.>

<Although I... I don't think I've been doing a good job with that in the Staging Area. She's kinda shut me out. Especially after last mission. Maybe it's because of all the things she sees there, things she's unable to stop... Maybe it's because she found out she couldn't help you... Maybe it's because she thinks I'm like the others... Or maybe it's because you remind her of herself...

Eh, it doesn't matter. I'm certain everything will be cool again when this mission is over and she learns about what I did here and how much I helped. Then we can get you out of the games and we can go have some fun. All together.
Oh, wait, I just realized I need more than one person in the audience for that joke to work.>

"Well that depends on which city you mean. Was this one big and reddish, had big red crystals all over, big tower in the middle of it? Because we miiiiiiiight have accidentally exploded that one.

Want some root beer? I want some root beer."

Root beer summoning? Root beer summoning.
"Yeah, the city looks pretty damn bad. But now there's legionnaires hanging out in there, fancy names and all, so it's probably on the way to recovery. Still filled with glowy balls of death, though. And things that'll steal your body, too. Probably even worse stuff, to be honest. So don't go there is my advice."

Inform this man of happenings in the City.
"Hmm. I see." the man says with a thoughtful expression.
"You were there when the disaster occurred then? Can you tell me more about it?
And when you say 'legionnaires' and 'accidentally exploded' you mean...? Your manner of speaking is unfamiliar. Are you from the Smothered Coast?"

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:21:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: November 05, 2015, 10:28:57 pm »

"Well by accidentally exploded I mean there was this giant infestation of very rude yellow octopuses people so we were all trying to kill them and I accidentally fired a bathtub or three into these glowy red crystals all over the place and that made the whole tower we were in explode and I think set off a chain reaction to asplode the whole city.

I'm from ..."

Alan pauses as his quantumly uncertain backstory collapses a small part of its waveform.

"I am from the far-off land of Calgary, Alberta, in the great intergalactic empire of Canada!"

Be bombastic, begin developing backstory for Alan's universe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: November 05, 2015, 11:49:47 pm »

"You! Giant fighting guy! Come with me! We shall duel elsewhere while the smart guy gets crushed!"

Kosak beckons the giant to come with him and then leaves the room(not through the booby-trapped door, through the smashed-through wall).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: November 06, 2015, 12:28:51 am »

Team A, WMD

"Is this the part where you ask me to join you, or where you kill me? Or are you just going to keep watching?" William asks, closing his eyes again and going back to resting.

Rest more. Not much else I can do. Unless attacked, then transform and attack with anchors while trying to charge.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: November 06, 2015, 04:40:53 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Yes, there were these parasitic, mind-controlling octopuses that came through an interdimensional portal some idiot opened in the middle of the city. They were using a big honking crystal to power it, and when everything inevitably and stupidly went wrong the whole thing exploded violently. And by legionnaires I mean a bunch of armored, official-looking lads with fancy names like Biggus Dickus or Lucius Confucius and whatnot. Very serious people, you know? I suppose you'd know more about their lot than we would."

"And yeah, he's from Calgary, but I'm from the woods myself. The woods aren't too bad at this time of year. No sandstorms or anything."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: November 06, 2015, 09:07:29 am »

Team A
"Proper justice is a hard thing to understand sometimes. It is even harder to carry out at other times. When there is someone who is capable of breaking out of jail or backstabbing you it becomes a difficult choice. Finish them, and possibly compromise your personal morals while also possibly letting real justice slip away, or let them live, allowing the possibility of them hurting you again. I have made both sides of the choice several times. Each and every time I was left wondering if I had made the right decision. I'm afraid I don't know the right answer here either. If you truly think you are doing the right thing, I suppose I am unable to stop you. But at least do it quickly. No matter how evil a person is tormenting them lowers you to their level."
Keep up the shields
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: November 06, 2015, 01:07:09 pm »

MEDIC!!!
Continue running away from all the danger.  If I just so happen to come across an injured teammate, administer healing, tell my ally that he can't give up and needs to get back in the fight, and then continue running away safely while my ally unwittingly acts as a distraction and draws all the enemy's deadly attacks away from me.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5303 on: November 06, 2015, 09:55:24 pm »

Storm Coming

Remain stationary. With something over top of me, I should be able to safely generate biomass without fear of dying.

<Anyone want to help a blob out? Pick me up? If not, I'll just start ranting at Nick and trying to distract him. I wonder if I can use my interface to communicate with him...>

"Bbbbllllrrrrrbbbbb"
You hide squished between a watery hole and whatever is on top of you, completely oblivious to what is going on.
<For a blob, he's displaying remarkably stereotypical ostrich-like behaviour.>
<You know ostriches don't actually do that, right?>
<Hence the 'stereotypical'.>

'Y'all should probably watch out!'

Remember the missile trick from the last mission?  Let's do that again (as in summon/launch a missile at center mass.)  Go big.
One big rocket coming up! Let's see...
Your amazing summoning powers turn out to not be so amazing. You get a normal-sized rocket, it's not an ICBM or anything.
Where's that Tsar guy when you need him...

Wait until John's rocket flies by. Then fire all my rebar at Nick and charge into melee while summoning a bardiche.
Well, charging into melee is difficult when your enemy is floating in the air. But I suppose with your visibility being restricted by Steam, you'd have a bit of trouble noticing that he was still flying. So it could be considered good RP on your part. Anyway, let's say you start firing.

MEDIC!!!
<I can't feel my legs!>

MEDIC!!!
Continue running away from all the danger.  If I just so happen to come across an injured teammate, administer healing, tell my ally that he can't give up and needs to get back in the fight, and then continue running away safely while my ally unwittingly acts as a distraction and draws all the enemy's deadly attacks away from me.
Well, if running away is your number one priority, then you're probably not moving in the same direction as the one your teammates are.
Already thinking of using your teammates as meat-shields. I'm so proud.

There is a burst of electrical discharge as the building starts rapidly accelerating towards the team and the ground.
A missile flies from John's direction, impacting the building close to its centre and blowing a sizeable hole on one of its walls and many of the walls behind that one. Saevus wastes no time and fires most of his ammunition towards the hole with all his strength. The bent pieces of metal aren't exactly aerodynamic, but at the speeds they are going, they don't need to be. Still, their non-aerodynamic shape combined with the fact that Saevus can't see that well means a significant part of them miss their target. But one of them must have found their target, for the lightning discharge dies down and the building stops its forward acceleration, even as it continues to fall. Straight into part of the team.

The impact is not as hard as it would had been if the team hadn't stopped it, but it is still a building falling from a significant height.

Salsacookies
Ron gets pretty banged up when the building falls on him. He gets trapped under a giant support beam. Normally, such a thing would leave him unfazed, however combined with his previous injuries, it does enough to further damage his mobility.

Coolune206
Something falls on you, further squishing you, removing pieces of your body and trapping you inside a hole.

Hawk132
As the building approaches you, you kneel and try to get your body to take the impact gracefully. Surprisingly, you feel nothing except for the ground quaking around you. Below you, a Saevus-shaped hole has been molten through the falling debris. The golden-red shimmer of your shield belt stays around you for another second before disappearing.

John
You're fine, too far away to be significantly affected. Although you can't see your target anymore.

Megggas
You're fine, too far away to be significantly affected. You can still feel your opponent somewhere behind you through your ability.

<Hm. Looks like the thunder warrior lost after all.>
<Not very surprising, really.>
<The fight is not over yet. He can still turn this around.>
<Eh. I'm much more interested in who gets the reward. This is about the time when selfishness starts to become even more prevalent and the competition (and backstabbing) begins.>

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: November 06, 2015, 10:11:54 pm »

Squeeze my way out onto the surface. Do my best to return to my human self.

<I'm sure I'd be unconscious from pain if I had pain receptors in slime form. Also, hmmm, maybe I should get some poisonous gas going.>
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: November 06, 2015, 10:12:23 pm »

Well, if I can't walk, time to dig. Take a deep breath, and start crawling underground like a land shark. Attempt to crawl towards the healer/only guy running away from a fight.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:23:00 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: November 07, 2015, 04:20:59 am »

Go help out Ron or Rune dig themselves out. Unless it looks like they don't need help - in that case go find some large-ish looking debris I could launch at Nick.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: November 07, 2015, 10:12:46 am »

<Like the others?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5308 on: November 07, 2015, 08:43:52 pm »

<Like the others?>
<Oh, um, well, you know, a... Well, to put it bluntly, a selfish asshole. I suppose kinda like how he is. Not caring about who he hurts. Not really caring about much other than himself. You've seen how the other entities in the games are. Messing with the world for fun. Willing to betray others to get what they want. Hurting each other.

But everyone can see I am not like that. I don't hurt others for fun... well, not seriously or intentionally, at least. And I never meant to betray her or hurt her. I think she's just overreacting because she cares for you and thinks I hurt you. I don't know. Wish she'd talk to me. Eh, but what can you do? Humans. I guess I'll have to suffer through some drama for the one I love.>

"Well by accidentally exploded I mean there was this giant infestation of very rude yellow octopuses people so we were all trying to kill them and I accidentally fired a bathtub or three into these glowy red crystals all over the place and that made the whole tower we were in explode and I think set off a chain reaction to asplode the whole city.

I'm from ..."

Alan pauses as his quantumly uncertain backstory collapses a small part of its waveform.

"I am from the far-off land of Calgary, Alberta, in the great intergalactic empire of Canada!"

Be bombastic, begin developing backstory for Alan's universe.
Campaign, Ike!

"Yes, there were these parasitic, mind-controlling octopuses that came through an interdimensional portal some idiot opened in the middle of the city. They were using a big honking crystal to power it, and when everything inevitably and stupidly went wrong the whole thing exploded violently. And by legionnaires I mean a bunch of armored, official-looking lads with fancy names like Biggus Dickus or Lucius Confucius and whatnot. Very serious people, you know? I suppose you'd know more about their lot than we would."

"And yeah, he's from Calgary, but I'm from the woods myself. The woods aren't too bad at this time of year. No sandstorms or anything."

The man looks at you for several seconds, his brows furrowed as he seems to contemplate something. He clenches his gloved hand with a sound like grinding pebbles and then unclenches it again.
"Hmmm.... I know of the Western Woods, but I've never heard of that place. And there are few places in these lands I have not heard of. It must be very far away indeed. You must have travelled a long way to get here.
That sounds interesting, strangers. You must be tired from such a long and... interesting journey. Would you like to rest on my way station for a while? You'd have a chance to rest and resupply. And I would welcome the company. I would be very interested in further discussing what we've talked about and learning more about your homes. And in return I could tell you much more about this land."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:47:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: November 07, 2015, 09:16:51 pm »

"Sounds good. Lemme just invite our friends!"

I still have that megaphone and/or excessively loud speaker system that I used to cause the Great Country Music Cataclysm, right? Use that to convey my words of 'hey guys this guy's offering us shelter imma accept it so come on down' to the others that stayed behind.

If I don't have either of those things for whatever reason, try summoning another megaphone and then repeat the message.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 521