Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125824 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5280 on: November 02, 2015, 04:36:27 pm »

Team A, WMD

Rest, I guess. See if that lets me restore any energy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: November 02, 2015, 06:27:36 pm »

That makes me mad. Screw the hand, IM GONNA BULLDOZE THAT BUILDING DOWN WITH M A SINGLE PUNCH!!!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: November 02, 2015, 06:48:55 pm »

(So, there's still nobody telling George to start acting like an actual healer.  Oh well.)

Continue running away while screaming.  If I just so happen to discover the body of Adam, then stop running, cautiously approach his body, and...poke it with a stick.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: November 02, 2015, 08:53:14 pm »

((IC I don't think anyone knows you are a healer))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: November 02, 2015, 09:29:20 pm »

((He mentioned it shortly before the boss battle began, back when he got Nick mad by calling him a pigeon.))
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5285 on: November 02, 2015, 09:55:13 pm »

((Quick post from phone before I go to sleep. Will do the rest tomorrow.))

"Because I might be able to help."
I walk over to River, sit down next to him, and tap my head with my right hand while asking:
"May I?"

If River gives me permission, I then lean against him, putting my head against his, and show him the symbols the old mage used in his various carvings, along with his description of what they do or are for.
He continues looking at you, not taking his eyes off you as you approach. He continues to do so for several seconds after you finish.
He grunts in affirmation and turns his head away from you slightly, although he continues looking at you.
You lean against him, feeling his tense and hot body through the gaps in his armour lying almost perfectly still, feeling his breaths and the texture of his noise as his head still turned towards yours slightly even though they are touching. You close your eyes and start mentally reciting what you remember from the mage's short lesson.
"That does not solve the problem. Not completely. But it helps." he states when you are done.

<Always so positive, that guy.> Roger comments sarcastically. <You're welcome.>

Alan shrugs and turns back to the farmer dude.

"You guys got any good food round these parts?"

Inquire as to culinary situation.
"Depends on what you want and what you can afford. I've got lentils, beans, fireroots, cron's teeth... Some simple plant products I could offer you cheaply that should be good for traveling.

I also have some prepared wufa meat I could offer you. Salted and pyro-treated, should last for days. I've got some combined with some spices and vegetables if you're looking for variety."

He looks around, his ungloved hand twitching slightly. He looks back at you and makes a gesture towards the pen with the hairless quadrupeds in it.
"I could also get you nuca meat if you don't mind waiting. One of the damn things managed to kill itself trying to stampede through the fence. I could get you its meat. It will take me a while to prepare it though. Another one got out and managed to get eaten by some jackal or something like that. Took me all morning to get them back to their pen.

I can also cook for you, if you want. I've got a small quantity of spices from the east I wouldn't mind sharing for the right price. Also got some wufa eggs and some nuca milk. But again, you might have to wait a few minutes. There is other work I need to finish right now. I don't suppose you're in a hurry, since you know not where you are going?"

"Lighten up have a drink!"
Nikolai offers the guy some moonshine.

"Now how about some exposition, da?"
The man smiles but shakes his ungloved hand to indicate negation.
"Heh. You tempt and honor me stranger. There is no reason I wouldn't enjoy sharing a drink with you. But if it will not offend you, I would prefer not to do so right now. I have work to do and I would rather finish it quickly and correctly. And without sweating more than I have to." he adds with another smile.

"Exposition? About what, exactly?" he responds to your question with a bit of confusion.

"Food, drink and information are our interests, truthfully! These towns you mentioned - what are they like? Who lives there? Do they enjoy wit and realizations of acrobatics?"

Maintain good cheer as communication continues.
"They're... towns." the man responds with a bit of uncertainty as he searches for the words with which to answer you.
"Not very large. Mostly traders and a few farmers or workers living there or around them. Though they've been getting worse lately, with the Spines going crazy after what happened to the Tower. Heard some of those things started burning things at random when they broke."

"Saw they had some trouble there on my last visit to Areloggez. Some strife between the residents and the survivors coming from the City. Some were talking about sealing the gates. A stupid fight for stupid reasons, if you ask me. People should stick together in these sorts of situations. I guess I'll find out what happened when I get there."

"Things should be better in the east. Men of your profession will probably have better luck there. Especially closer to the borders and the mountains. The Sovereignty is known for being more receptive to more... liberal and modern arts and some of that attitude makes it through the border. Fastest way to the mountains is through Raijgnar Mine, if you can afford to hire a cart. After that, you can make it to Kodromota, one of the biggest towns there.

There's been some rumors circulating that some of the smallest border towns have started disappearing before this disaster happened. But I say it's probably exaggerated accounts of bandit raids or just false rumors. I don't believe the entirety of the population of a village can disappear like that without a trace or hint of what happened."

"What of the City? You came from there? How are things? Are they faring better? Have they received aid?" the man asks, looking to get his share of rumors out of this exchange.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:58:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: November 02, 2015, 10:02:45 pm »

"Well that depends on which city you mean. Was this one big and reddish, had big red crystals all over, big tower in the middle of it? Because we miiiiiiiight have accidentally exploded that one.

Want some root beer? I want some root beer."

Root beer summoning? Root beer summoning.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: November 02, 2015, 11:47:35 pm »

"Well that depends on which city you mean. Was this one big and reddish, had big red crystals all over, big tower in the middle of it? Because we miiiiiiiight have accidentally exploded that one.

Want some root beer? I want some root beer."

Root beer summoning? Root beer summoning.
((Welp, that's Alan folks.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: November 03, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »

"Glad I could help."
I move back into the clown observation position.
<Hey, D? What is Stellar like when I'm not there? Why is she so protective of me? and what was she searching for when she found me?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: November 03, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5290 on: November 03, 2015, 10:09:06 pm »

Hmm... if there's a way to blast the building (or launch rebar at it) in such a way that it collapses, crushing whatever might be behind it, do that. Otherwise just walk around it and fire rebar at Nick if I see him.
Well, you can try. Let's see...
You blast the building repeatedly, but unfortunately your blasts aren't strong enough. All you manage to do is break what's left of some windows and send water flying everywhere.

Also, I like how nobody cares about crushing the medic and the blob.

Squiggle away as fast as I can. The entire time, make loud blurbling noises, both to appear adorable, and to attract the attention of my teammates.

"BlllrrrBBBLLLLBBBbrrrbellllbrrbbbllll."

((Technically to make the blurble noise I'm controlling the release of gases from my body. Should be okay, right?))
You start trying to blindly run slime away as fast as you can, although it's hard to do so when the ground is so slippery and covered with water puddles. Something falls on you, but it doesn't cause you any harm, it merely slows you down further.

Summon up armor.  It should be primarily resistant to electricity and secondarily resistant to slashing damage.  Stick near the gun for now.

You get a full-body suit made out of a thick yet elastic green plastic-like material. Only part of your face is left uncovered.

(So, there's still nobody telling George to start acting like an actual healer.  Oh well.)

Continue running away while screaming.  If I just so happen to discover the body of Adam, then stop running, cautiously approach his body, and...poke it with a stick.
You keep running away from the flashes of light coming from behind you, screaming all the way. You almost reach the edge of the building.

That makes me mad. Screw the hand, IM GONNA BULLDOZE THAT BUILDING DOWN WITH M A SINGLE PUNCH!!!
Ron charges the building like an angry elephant. The building looks surprised by the ferocity of his onslaught. So much so that it dodges.

Everyone
John is the first to see it,  bright tendrils reaching out and infusing the building with energy, the energy rapidly spreading across the building, the outline of everything conductive inside it lighting up like in an X-ray in less than a second. Lightning erupts from the building's metal exoskeleton, striking things around it at random. The fallen tower starts hovering above the ground, quickly rising higher and slowly moving forward as the ball of lightning behind it gets brighter and brighter.

<Let me see you survive this!>

Toaster
John is safely away from whatever the hell is going on there. In fact, the only reason he's seeing this at all through the rain and clouds is because of his augmentations and how much energy that thing is emitting.

Hawk132
Several lightning bolts strike Saevus, but the shimmering armour around him seems to not care. It shifts through a rainbow of colours before it stops in a bright red. The water around him suddenly starts boiling, filling the air with steam, while his every step leaves behind red-hot glowing footprints.

Coolrune206
Rune feels the heat and light assaulting his body, boiling water tossing him around and disorienting him.

Megggas
You continue making your way away from the levitating building as lightning bolts fly around you because screw that noise.

Salsacookies
Several lightning bolts hit Ron, badly burning his body and causing him to lose control of his muscles. Ron is left gibbering with his back on the ground, looking at the building but being unable to punch it, incoherently trying to taunt it to come down and fight him like a building should, man to inanimate object.

<Wow! Talk about overkill.>
<Cool move bro.>
<But expensive. If he fails there's not much chance he can recover.>
<Still, he made good tactical choices. More or less as good as I could hope from someone with his abilities.>
<Yeah. It was a good show.>

Mostly haven't had time to go over it. I prefer to use any time I get to write turns than to process characters. And it's easier. Just have some patience.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: November 03, 2015, 10:18:34 pm »

Remain stationary. With something over top of me, I should be able to safely generate biomass without fear of dying.

<Anyone want to help a blob out? Pick me up? If not, I'll just start ranting at Nick and trying to distract him. I wonder if I can use my interface to communicate with him...>

"Bbbbllllrrrrrbbbbb"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: November 04, 2015, 01:46:45 am »

"Yeah, the city looks pretty damn bad. But now there's legionnaires hanging out in there, fancy names and all, so it's probably on the way to recovery. Still filled with glowy balls of death, though. And things that'll steal your body, too. Probably even worse stuff, to be honest. So don't go there is my advice."

Inform this man of happenings in the City.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: November 04, 2015, 11:44:49 am »

'Y'all should probably watch out!'

Remember the missile trick from the last mission?  Let's do that again (as in summon/launch a missile at center mass.)  Go big.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: November 04, 2015, 12:40:31 pm »

Wait until John's rocket flies by. Then fire all my rebar at Nick and charge into melee while summoning a bardiche.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 521