Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126055 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5250 on: October 24, 2015, 10:52:18 am »

Increase the volume. Increase the tempo. Increase the fanciness of the footwork.

((Might be a good idea to keep your weeknesses like that secret, crazyabe.))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:42:12 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: October 24, 2015, 01:49:50 pm »

((Yeah, those are some exploitable weaknesses. Especially if the "can't hurt someone without a weapon" one doesn't see things like Saevus' Golden Arm or Irene's fire as weapons.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: October 24, 2015, 01:55:55 pm »

I cant harm anyone who has no weapon
((Woops, That should have been "I cant harm anyone without who has no weapon who doesn't attack me first"))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: October 24, 2015, 02:59:40 pm »

I cant harm anyone who has no weapon
((Woops, That should have been "I cant harm anyone without who has no weapon who doesn't attack me first"))
Fists are very much a weapon if they try to strike you. They use their body as a weapon when one tries to inflict harm. Keep it as it is, it sounds better
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: October 26, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »

Poke
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: October 27, 2015, 06:44:12 pm »

((Game dead?))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: October 27, 2015, 06:57:47 pm »

Dude chill the game updates inconsistently sometimes. It aint dead.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: October 30, 2015, 10:14:52 pm »

((It may not be dead but updates have definitely slowed. Wonder why.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: October 30, 2015, 11:34:26 pm »

((It's because the GM is heavily invested in Einsteinein Roulette and major events have recently occured in there.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: October 31, 2015, 03:25:26 am »

((Every time one of you posts, every fiber of my being is filled with "OHMIGOD PARIS POSTED A TURN!". And then all of my hopes and dreams are crushed into an unrecognizable, bloody mess.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: October 31, 2015, 04:32:53 am »

((Same))
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5261 on: October 31, 2015, 11:14:08 pm »

((It's because the GM is heavily invested in Einsteinein Roulette and major events have recently occured in there.))
Not really. I've only been skimming through ER and even stopped reading completely for about half a week.
It's more that other things have taken my attention.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyway, enough me making excuses. I'll go on and write something and try to do better in the future.

Team A
((Sorry I would have posted this earlier, but I didn't see the turn))
"I'm doing okay for now. So far I've been able to counteract whatever she does, but I don't know if I can keep it up for long.Yeah, we need to get moving.
Hand her the gun, if she wants it, otherwise keep it drawn. Keep the shield up, and follow the footprints
If she takes the gun, "I'm trusting you with this. If you think you're losing your mental grip, or you have any other problems, let me know immediately.
You let the woman take the gun and issue your warning.
"Yeah." she says, although she sounds a bit dismissive.
Defending your minds feels easier now. For whatever reason, the strength of the psychic energy surrounding you is slowly diminishing.
You open your eyes and start following her, helping her keep her balance as she tries to quickly move forward, following the second set of footprints. Her mind is trying to overcome her emotions, trying to focus on anger.
"Gah. You treasonous dog! No! Come back here!" you hear from somewhere in front of you.
The woman raises her gun, pointing at the shadow appearing through the mist in front of you as she continues approaching.
"Wait! I surrender! Don't shoot!" the voice says as the psychic energy around you changes into one trying to instil feelings of calmness, fear and acceptance.

((You seem to be the only one posting and in any position to finish the mission unaided, so I'll try responding the moment you post from now on.))

Team A

Take a moment to rest. Figure out if I have enough life left to charge up one more time.
You're feeling... not OK, but not like you're about to die either. However, based on how weak you felt after you gave this place a magical makeover, you'd say that trying again so soon might not be such a good idea. Or maybe it's not a matter of time but merely a matter of energy. Maybe whatever energy source you were using has run out and you need to either recharge or find another.

This would had been much easier if the results of alien probing came with instruction manuals.

Storm Coming

<Gah. None of you said it? I'm disappointed. Guess I'll have to do it instead.>
*ahem*
<I guess you could say he's...>
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
<Grounded.>
*sigh* <It's just not the same when I say it.>

((That's a neat idea.  Too bad I already have a backup character in mind.))

I'm assuming I can't see him since you said he's behind a building.  If I can, just summon more ammo and shoot him.  Repeatedly.

Otherwise, summon up armor.  It should be primarily resistant to electricity and secondarily resistant to slashing damage.  Stick near the gun for now.

<Roger, watt's it to you?  Go ohm, you're drunk.>
Well, you can tell he's there somewhere due to his energy and your helmet, but the rain and clouds are making it hard to see where exactly. You fire a few shots anyway (it's not like they cost you anything beyond time), but you don't think they managed to penetrate the building.

I STAY OPTIMISTIC.
WAKE UUUUPPP.

You fall "deeper and deeper into damage, even death!" as Dan Rather would say.

Well, find that John guy. Make him make me a new hand. Whether or not this happens, push the building into Nick

"MEDIC! Gimme a hand!.It's my body, and I NEED IT NOW!"
You approach John, your steps making the puddles in the pavement ripple like a T-Rex is approaching.
"Hey, John! I need a hand here!"
"And you thought I would just hand it to you?"
"Well, given that you are so handy, I thought it would not be out of your grasp."
"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't give handouts like that. Not when my hands are full with more important things."
"So you're saying I spoke out of hand?"
And unless you want to try to take a nearby building with you, you can't do both at the same turn.

Wake up!  How else is George gonna continue his streak of total uselessness?
You wake up.
And then upon noticing what is going on, immediately start running in the opposite direction, continuing your screaming, trying to not slip on the mud-like mix of blood, dust, ash, dirt and water covering the ground as explosions sound around you.
You can't stop panicking. You must run away, screaming as hard as you can. It's the only thing your fear-filled mind can think of.

Quickly morph into an amorphous slime, like I did in the last mission.

<Watt are you going on about? Your jokes are shockingly bad.>
<At least they're better than yours, you spineless slimy thing!>
<Hey!>
<What?>
<You're being mean.>
<No, he really is a slimy thing with no spine. See?>
Turning into the blob solves your most immediate "bleeding" problems. However, you are still shockingly close to the Tesla Bird and its juiced up strikes. And now you can't see.
<It is not over. You may have hurt me, but I can still destroy you.>

((Is there anything more amusing than using your own teammates as weapons? I'll be trying to aggro Nick, unless someone objects.))

Go in the direction where I launched Rune. Once I can see Nick fire all the rebar I have into him. Then (if he's still on the ground) summon up a bardiche and charge into melee while making various insulting statements.

If Nick tries to do something like making a puppet out of George and siccing him on us, then be ready to backhand George at any time.

((Paris, you made a small mistake where Nick (instead of Saevus) launches Rune.))
((I have no idea what you're talking about. I make no mistakes. We've always been at war with Eastasia.))

You go in the direction you threw Rune, trying to move as fast as you can through the water-covered ground, moving towards the place you last saw Rune. But there is nothing there besides a building. A tall one by the looks of it, a great line of glass, metal and concrete.

Although the sound is somewhat muffled by the building and the sound of chubby raindrops striking your hollow metal armour, you can hear someone screaming somewhere behind the building. It sounds like they are moving towards the right. You can also catch glimpses of blue light behind the building.

Quick question. Try to make your way through the damaged building or around it, towards the screaming?

((Trading a turn that doesn't last long with the promise to do more sooner.))

Campaign

"I'm not entirely sure
But I'm incredibly bored
I was hoping that you'd have some ... shit I can't think of a rhyme for bored.
I'm Alan, he's Ike, that's Nikolai,
And we're the three people who are really fly
Fly in the sense that we look good to the eye
Not literally like an antigravity pie!"

Perform shitty rap, forget what we wanted to do with these guys midsentence, bemusedly look around at other people to figure it out.
Also wiggle.

Campaign, Ike!

Continue harmonization! I may be the only one with any talent here, but we can still pull through!

Increase the volume. Increase the tempo. Increase the fanciness of the footwork.

((Might be a good idea to keep your weeknesses like that secret, crazyabe.))
Alan keeps trying to rhyme, but all he manages to do is get his words confused in Nikolai's stupidly fast and loud beat, while Ike struggles to bring some semblance of harmony into this mess, but ends up looking more like a record player in a gathering of singing drunk men: unheard, ignored and likely to be damaged by their performance. Your performance is brought to an abrupt stop when Nikolai gets his feet tangled and falls on Alan, himself almost falling on Ike before he dodges.
Eh. I'd give you a 6.4, if only because of the amusement.
"That was only part of my question answered. What do you want?" the man asks, still somewhat confused but with his mood quickly shifting to something more loud and less apprehensive. He makes a gesture towards the dogs and they seem to calm down somewhat, although they still bark occasionally.

<Well, the local humans seemed to really hate and distrust beastmen so I'm staying behind to avoid scaring them.>
My tails are idly flicking about, occasionally rubbing against my sides and / or back.
<If they get into trouble or a fight, I can go help them easilly enough from here.>
<Ah, so we're in 'Wait until they screw up and then clean up with fire' duty. Right. Should be fun.> he says with a hint of sarcasm.
<And probably won't have us waiting very long, judging by how things are going down there.> he adds as you watch the forms of your teammates move around erratically and then fall down.
<If I didn't know better, I'd say they were under the influence of some sort of spell.>
After a few seconds of sniffing around, River lies down and takes out a small bone and some wire. He wraps the wire around the bone and starts carving the bone using one of his claws, cutting smooth lines on it.
<I really don't see how sending these guys down there is better though. Whoever those people down there are, they'd be stupid not to trust you. Or at least trust you more than those guys.>

OOC
I'll process your requests later. Please try to be patient.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:19:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: October 31, 2015, 11:20:06 pm »

Razza frazzen dead, razza frazzen annoying.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: November 01, 2015, 12:03:53 am »

Razza frazzen dead, razza frazzen annoying.

(If someone would just telepathically order George to help you, than I'd be happy to have him find you and help you out.  Healing himself and his buddies is his only ability after all.  Which he still hasn't put to use, unless it was the reason he woke up so easily.

I'll post my action sometime on Sunday, but if the next update comes before I post it, then just have George run toward his allies an administer healin' to whoever needs it.

Edit: Oh, right, this is George we're talking about here.  If I don't post an action in time, have him continue running away, find a hiding spot, and immediately enter the fetal position.  Roll to determine if he starts crying.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:12:22 am by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: November 01, 2015, 12:49:38 am »

"Oh, one sec."

Alan turns and yells as loud as possible to the others.

"HEY GUYS! WHAT DID WE WANT AGAIN?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 521