Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127667 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4875 on: August 30, 2015, 04:33:31 pm »

"I'm here, aren't I?"
I sniff.
"If you weren't my companion I wouldn't have come. I wouldn't even be mad. I'd just treat you as yet another monster, acting to your nature, and protect myself. There's no point in being mad at a monster for being a monster. You get mad at your companions when they do something dumb that hurts you. Putting yourself in the jaws of a monster is dumb."
"I've hurt you too, I can't ask for forgiveness if I can't forgive. If you weren't my companion I wouldn't have come. Annnd... I promised. If you let me go, to give you another chance. and in the end you chose to let me go. I keep my promises."
"Still mad though."
"C-can I talk to D now?"
"I understand."
He raises his hand and moves it closer to yours but pauses.
"I am going to touch you so I can link you directly. Less chance of someone hearing us. I will not cause you pain." he says as before continuing.
He pauses again, this time his expression changing into something like pain, like someone just slapped him.
"Give him some time to stop speaking. I do not think you want to hear that. I had him muted for a while."
"He is twice as worse now." he adds more quietly.
River's expression gets progressively angrier, more agitated, until he finally snaps and shouts.
"No! It is not like that, she is-"
"You! You are the one who-"
"Grrgh, just stop talking, I am putting her on." he says as he softly takes your hand in his, turning his head to look away from you at the same time.
<-so fucking depraved you'd make fucking hot dog vendors->
The barrage of words stops almost as quickly as it started and then immediately replaced by another one, although with an abrupt change of tone.
<Heeey, beautiful! Long time no speak! How you doing? Have you been eating well? How are your vacations with this crazy anti-social idiot treating you? Anything fun happened while I wasn't looking? Oh man, it's so good to speak to you, it was so good to see you, if I had a body I'd hug you, I was really worried you wouldn't make it for a while. And there's really not much I can do from in here except wish real hard that nothing bad happens, can't even use harsh words! But man, is it good to speak to someone again, last few days felt like years! It was torture! Like watching a movie and having no one to talk with, or worse, actually screaming at the actors in a movie what giant idiots they are being. Do you have any idea what it feels like to be completely helpless? And Ike, oh, don't get me stared on that guy! Such a dick move! I asked the guy one thing! We're supposed to be buds, and he just forgot about me? Oh, but the real dick here is the one who's head I'm trapped in. How do I know it's his head, well it's because he has so little brains he->
<Stop! Just stop. She is upset. She wants to talk to you. This is not about me.> River says with anger and some anxiety, stopping what would had probably been an endless torrent.
<Oh, yeah, right. Strangely perceptive of you. Sorry baby, just a bit pent up, venting, won't happen again. So, what can I do for my favourite foxgirl?>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: August 30, 2015, 10:04:44 pm »

"Fair enough.  I've been here enough to know there's no real point to question weirdness like that.  I mean, if I really wanted a laugh, I could ask Zero.  No offense, bud, but you're tricky to get an answer out of- at least the one I want.  Anyway, we gearing up for another round yet?  Seems like we're always go go go, especially with no one to summon us couches."

((Hmm... is it possible for a player to become an entity?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: August 30, 2015, 11:51:54 pm »

((Probably not without something special happening, like how Irene gained the power of Amethyst back in Mission 2A, and used it to provide Stellar with more power and save a few folks.  Under normal circumstances, I doubt most of the entities would let their "champions" become more powerful than them.  Of course, I'm not Parisbre56, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.))

He points towards his chest.
"Guilty as charged on both counts. Sometimes we get an avatar like Sir Smokesalot over there" he says, pointing at Charlie "or Nick here" he continues, rubbing the crow on his shoulder under its beak, which responds by closing its eyes, cawing and biting his arm softly "but most of the time it's just telepathic comments. As long as someone is powerful enough, abides to certain rules and... let's say 'signs an agreement', they can be an entity."
George takes a deep breath and closes his eyes in concentration.  After several seconds, he opens his eyes and says:
"Ok, so you, Nick, and the smoking guy are powerful entities.  Is everyone else here in the Staging Area some kind of entity too?  How many entities are there?"

George listens to the answers, and says afterward:
"Well, I've still got dozens of questions, but I think I know enough and I'm tired of talking.  Thanks for telling me all this.  I guess I'll just go along with whatever happens next.  Eh, not that I have a choice anyway."
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: August 31, 2015, 01:08:02 am »

((Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum I choose.... Nick.))
Adam nods courteously when the being compliments him, "I was always taught to be.", but then raises his eyebrow but a fraction when told about the challenges.
"The right man for the job? I'm flattered, though I assume these aren't any normal challenges?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: August 31, 2015, 02:08:30 am »

I chuckle as he calls me his favorite.
<It's nice to speak to you again too D. Are you okay?>
annnnnnnnd he's pretty much guarenteed to talk my ear off in response to that, but that's okay. He needs a chance to vent.
anyway, when he finally finishes:
<How's Stellar? Is she okay?>
and after he tells Irine something Lenglon already knows - that he doesn't have communication with the staging area.
<Oh. Okay. Um, D? What is a Bond-Former? River can't explain it very well, and I really need to know.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4880 on: August 31, 2015, 07:52:17 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"There we go! Now that's proper medical-like."

Make sure Alan's bandaged, then do a headcount. Correct any conspicuous absences to the best of my ability.
Alan is indeed bandaged.
You also draw a stick figure with three tails on the dirt and call it Irine. Problem == solved.

More booze for Nikolai! I sure have learned from irresponsibly spamming my unreliable powers, haven't I?
You summon a gigantic barrel that comes to rest on the ground with an earth-shuddering thud. It will be hard to move around, but you can probably refill your bottles from it. Assuming it has booze in it and not nitroglycerine or something.

I chuckle as he calls me his favorite.
annnnnnnnd he's pretty much guarenteed to talk my ear off in response to that, but that's okay. He needs a chance to vent.
anyway, when he finally finishes:
and after he tells Irine something Lenglon already knows - that he doesn't have communication with the staging area.
<Oh. Okay. Um, D? What is a Bond-Former? River can't explain it very well, and I really need to know.>
<Yeah, well, OK is relative. I'm trapped here. I'm just a prisoner watching helplessly. I have no mouth and I must scream some incredibly funny jokes I've thought of while watching you guys. Kinda hard to be chill with that. It messes with my awesomeness. But I'm still alive and you're still alive and the others are still alive, so I guess that's something. And I can talk now, so that makes things better. I'm hoping now that you know about me, things will get better. You know, stay positive and all that.>
<She's still alive and mostly fine, that much I can tell. Our bond can never be completely severed. Well, it can, but it's very very very difficult without... well, doing bad things to her.> he says with disgust.
<And it would be wrong.>
<Yeah, no, I'm not having that conversation again, so stuff it. Anyway, can't really do much more than feel our bond, he's not letting me contact her, says it's too dangerous or something.>
<It is too dangerous. For you, for me and everyone else here. And it is wrong.>
<See? He's such a weener. Not that I'd have much to say other than we're fine and he's being an idiot. My stay here hasn't been exactly 'mission accomplished', ya know? But it would be nice to talk to her, see how she's feeling. Bond is fine, but it doesn't hold up to a good face to face or mind merge.>
<The one I have bonded with should feel that I have regenerated. They should all know we are still here.>
<Yeah, cause he's so trustworthy. And that's what she really cares about, whether or not you're alive.> he responds sarcastically.
<Sure, I wouldn't expect him to do a good job at it, that's a pretty broad subject for his mind. What exactly do you need to know? We're as complicated as we are simple. And we are really diverse. Probably because we're magical creatures. All that's really constant in bond-formers is how part of their soul works. Some basic instincts, how we bond to others and how we procreate. After that, we have all sorts of weird things. Some are almost almost fully mundane and biological, almost no magic involved, some are completely magical, made out of impossible materials, with gifts that make them the most powerful and awesomest of them all (that's me, by the way). Some are as big as small moons, some are smaller than humans. Some can fly, some can swim, some can run, some can become trees, some can survive in space or deep underground...>

"Fair enough.  I've been here enough to know there's no real point to question weirdness like that.  I mean, if I really wanted a laugh, I could ask Zero.  No offense, bud, but you're tricky to get an answer out of- at least the one I want.  Anyway, we gearing up for another round yet?  Seems like we're always go go go, especially with no one to summon us couches."

((Possible, yes. Plausible, no, not unless you end up in some really weird mission. Not to mention that then your character would have to leave the games, at least as a participant. You could always become an entity like the others, the one that chose another player, if that's something you'd find fun. Maybe gain an extra vote and extra say in what mission I'm going to run or what's going to happen during each mission or making up rules. Don't know what else, haven't thought about it too much, since like I said it's not very plausible.

But it would definitely be an achievement. I'd find a way to reward you. Put you in some kind of hall of fame, maybe let you start the game with a new character with some extra points so you can get a much more powerful or complex character.))

"Not my fault man. I tried my best. Maybe you're just not asking the right questions. And yes, we're working on a challenge now, although I think it would take around ((15 days)) or more for us to start."

((Probably not without something special happening, like how Irene gained the power of Amethyst back in Mission 2A, and used it to provide Stellar with more power and save a few folks.  Under normal circumstances, I doubt most of the entities would let their "champions" become more powerful than them.  Of course, I'm not Parisbre56, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.))

He points towards his chest.
"Guilty as charged on both counts. Sometimes we get an avatar like Sir Smokesalot over there" he says, pointing at Charlie "or Nick here" he continues, rubbing the crow on his shoulder under its beak, which responds by closing its eyes, cawing and biting his arm softly "but most of the time it's just telepathic comments. As long as someone is powerful enough, abides to certain rules and... let's say 'signs an agreement', they can be an entity."
George takes a deep breath and closes his eyes in concentration.  After several seconds, he opens his eyes and says:
"Ok, so you, Nick, and the smoking guy are powerful entities.  Is everyone else here in the Staging Area some kind of entity too?  How many entities are there?"

George listens to the answers, and says afterward:
"Well, I've still got dozens of questions, but I think I know enough and I'm tired of talking.  Thanks for telling me all this.  I guess I'll just go along with whatever happens next.  Eh, not that I have a choice anyway."
((Even in entities there are differences and not all of them are the same. Even if someone somehow became an entity, it would still take them a while to become more powerful then some of the entities in the games. Unless you became an entity under some really, really, really weird circumstances.))

"Right now, around 20, with an equal number of players. Although some of them are missing in other challenges. I think there's 6 of you here."

"Yeah, that's the spirit! Don't let life get you down! There's not much you can control in it. Things could get better or worse in an instant. So just enjoy yourself while you can!"

((Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum I choose.... Nick.))
Adam nods courteously when the being compliments him, "I was always taught to be.", but then raises his eyebrow but a fraction when told about the challenges.
"The right man for the job? I'm flattered, though I assume these aren't any normal challenges?"
((Good. We have a tie breaker. Otherwise I was going to have other people vote as well in a poll.
Okay then, Nick it is. Looks like there's a storm coming...))

:Correct once again. You see, the problem is that there is a committee picking those challenges, a committee I am part of. And members of said committee sometimes have ulterior motives or are not very sane. And they are very powerful, so whatever insane challenge they can think of, they can create. However, this time you are both lucky and unlucky. You are lucky, because the challenge is simple. And unlucky because it appears that you are going to be fighting someone. Specifically, one of the people in said committee. But there is no reason to worry, for you will not be allowed to die.:

:You are free to leave through the door on your left when you are ready to meet the other participants, those who will join you in the coming fight.:
he adds, pointing at one of the doors.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:57:01 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: August 31, 2015, 08:09:36 am »

Campaign, Ike!

The thought of Alan being able to make boomshine is enough to bring a smile to Ike's face.

Fill bottle with suspicious boozelike liquid. The fact that it hasn't exploded yet should theoretically be a testament to its relative stability. Smell it, see what I can discern about it.

Then go looking for Irine. These freaking people just can't stay still, can they?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: August 31, 2015, 08:15:08 am »

"Oh sure, no rush.  Gives me more time to socialize and all that.  Do we get any hints?  Hilarious commentary by you?"

((An opinion shared by John and Toaster.))

John turned to look at George.  "Speaking of socializing, don't think I've seen you around here.  I'm John.  I've been here long enough to know that you'll be okay as long as you don't take things too seriously."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: August 31, 2015, 08:39:17 am »

((So our team consists of George, the healer, John, the machine builder, Rune, the animorph shapeshifter, Ron, the muscled superhuman, Saevus, the living armor, and Adam, the wildcard.  Our opponent is Nick who, based on the post describing the entity battles, will fight us as a giant bird creature that flies high above us and shoots down electrical attacks at us.

Since only two of us can fly, I think our best chance of winning will be to hide somewhere at the beginning of the battle and let John and Rune buff themselves up with machinery & biomass respectively.  Then once both of them are powerful enough, they can fly up to Nick and clip his wings.  After Nick is grounded, all of us can just rush him and finish him off.

That's just my idea, though.  If there's no IC reason for our characters to work out a plan like this, then just ignore it.  George certainly isn't gonna be coming up with battle strategies.))
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: August 31, 2015, 08:43:45 am »

<So Bond-Former is a modifier applied to a base creature, structure, or concept so long as they have a soul. The modifier grants them a soul-to-soul bonding target and a special ability or talent, as well as enhancing the growth of both former and target, and makes the former protective of the target. Also it changes the way you make babies. What I want to know is how we're related, because that seems very similar to how I am, but my bonding target isn't an individual. But what I need to know right now is... River, you... might want to not listen to this... Exactly who our assassination target is, the identifier they use for their voice, what their base form is, what their talent is, who their allies are or were, and what exactly they did that makes River, and oddly only River, want to kill them.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: August 31, 2015, 08:45:37 am »

Edit:WHOOPSIES.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:30:11 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: August 31, 2015, 09:13:30 am »

Since only two of us can fly, I think our best chance of winning will be to hide somewhere at the beginning of the battle and let John and Rune buff themselves up with machinery & biomass respectively.  Then once both of them are powerful enough, they can fly up to Nick and clip his wings.  After Nick is grounded, all of us can just rush him and finish him off.
((Or John could give Saevus a minigun.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: August 31, 2015, 09:40:47 am »

((An AA flak cannon might be more suitable for keeping him off us while we suit up.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: August 31, 2015, 10:44:26 am »

I have a bunch of empty bottles. Fill them!
Dip my finger in and taste a single drop of the stuff.

<Ireeeeeeene don't make us leave without you.>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: August 31, 2015, 11:16:52 am »

(I can carry with me three powers. I have super drugs. So far though, they only let me have projectile powers, though. Also, just make me some BFGs, I could dual wield those)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 521