Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127895 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4860 on: August 30, 2015, 02:06:20 am »

Make sure they don't use all the booze on Alan.

Make doubly sure.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4861 on: August 30, 2015, 05:43:43 am »

"The one that chose me is Stellar. D and Stellar are bonded. She uses Charlie's assistance to modify my abilities, due to their complexity and the way they interact with each other, being my own design. I have a piece of blackmail material against Charlie, and Stellar is in my debt. I also have made publicly clear how much I object to others touching my mind without my express permission, and probably would have no need to use either. I care for D, he's looked out for me as if I was his own, and he cares for and helps Stellar as well, as best he can. D is not at risk from me."
"I do not trust her. And I was unsure about whether or not I should trust you. I told Ike to tell you if he thought you could be trusted. Because I trusted his judgment. I decided to tell you later. But I could not find the right time. And then you made me question my trust in you again."

This is going to be a long eye-to-eye moment. I am not going to be the first to look away though. He's been trying to dominate me for far too long.

"Why didn't you just tell me you had to answer me in private?"
"I... did not think about that.
I wanted you to do something. I expected you to do what I wanted."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: August 30, 2015, 06:15:15 am »

"Hehe, I can understand that. Stellar thinks like me, but isn't as honest, both to others and to herself. Kinda like what Ike was asking me to become back there. If my thought style scares you, hers is probably terrifying. Still, I'm pretty sure she won't betray you or D on this. If she even gets the chance. Like I said, she isn't comfortable modifying me.What about Charlie though?"

"I've never taken orders well River. You ask for me to do what you say without question, but the only time you'll actually get me to do that is when there is an immediate threat. Like when you said for us to remove our comwires during the ashwraith attack. But most of the time? I... kinda need a reason for what you want me to do if you want me to actually do it. What I do is largely about creativity. If I don't understand what you want and why, I can't do a good job."
I pause for a moment. and wow this eye to eye thing is going long.
"River, you've tried to physically dominate me several times. I don't think you understand. It doesn't matter that you're bigger and stronger than me. Everyone is bigger and stronger than me. Everyone has been bigger and stronger than me my whole life. It doesn't matter, it never has, and it never will. You can scare me, but you won't intimidate me. Right now, there's no practical difference between how we're standing, and you having your teeth on my throat. I'm out of firepower, weak, and compared to you really slow. I also chose to put myself in this situation willingly, because we needed to talk. Stop trying to make me subservient, I may have stepped down, but I bow to no one, no matter their strength."
and still, my voice is actually kinda cheerful. it's a touch unnatural and forced, but not much.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4863 on: August 30, 2015, 07:57:20 am »

Campaign

"That's actually a good point, Alan. Can you make some antiseptic? Or at least some right and proper pure alcohol? Either'd work."

If some variety of disinfectant is produced, do not hesitate to put it to good use on Alan's wounds, rebandaging as necessary.
Alan casts Summon Greater Booze!
You summon a small bottle half-filled with... something. It's clear and smells of alcohol, so it will probably do.

Make doubly sure.
You dump the contents of the bottle on Alan's wound, causing him to writhe and scream like a little girl.
You make sure to keep a few drops of the substance in the bottle.

"Hehe, I can understand that. Stellar thinks like me, but isn't as honest, both to others and to herself. Kinda like what Ike was asking me to become back there. If my thought style scares you, hers is probably terrifying. Still, I'm pretty sure she won't betray you or D on this. If she even gets the chance. Like I said, she isn't comfortable modifying me. What about Charlie though?"
"...I have to trust him."
"I've never taken orders well River. You ask for me to do what you say without question, but the only time you'll actually get me to do that is when there is an immediate threat. Like when you said for us to remove our comwires during the ashwraith attack. But most of the time? I... kinda need a reason for what you want me to do if you want me to actually do it. What I do is largely about creativity. If I don't understand what you want and why, I can't do a good job."
I pause for a moment. and wow this eye to eye thing is going long.
"River, you've tried to physically dominate me several times. I don't think you understand. It doesn't matter that you're bigger and stronger than me. Everyone is bigger and stronger than me. Everyone has been bigger and stronger than me my whole life. It doesn't matter, it never has, and it never will. You can scare me, but you won't intimidate me. Right now, there's no practical difference between how we're standing, and you having your teeth on my throat. I'm out of firepower, weak, and compared to you really slow. I also chose to put myself in this situation willingly, because we needed to talk. Stop trying to make me subservient, I may have stepped down, but I bow to no one, no matter their strength."
and still, my voice is actually kinda cheerful. it's a touch unnatural and forced, but not much.
"...Maybe. Or maybe it is a trick. You have shown you do not trust me. Even if I did force you to do something, then if you had trusted me, you could had followed me anyway. Instead, you were ready to kill me."
He looks at you for several seconds before slowly approaching you and sitting down besides you, looking at the opposite wall.
"I do not want you to be subservient. I do not want to kill you. Or use you."

Staging Area

White Vote: Toaster
Nick: Coolrune, Hawk
Stellar: Megggas

Adam gets up, slowly looking around, noting the fact that his clothes are already on.
Did I go to bed dressed? Wait, no, I had just gotten dressed after getting out of bed, then I blacked out and ended up...
Here.
Technologically advanced, too, can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing.

"Is this an interrogation room? If so, I swear I've repented, I'm a changed man now."
Blah blah blah.
:So you say.: comes a voice through a speaker on the screen.
He sounds old, speaking with a slight British accent.
:But I am not convinced.:
The screen starts showing you a mirror image of your own room, but different. The biggest difference being that there is something sitting in the chair there.
The humanoid figure is dark, a strange plastic-like substance that seems to dissolve and fade into his surroundings, as if its edges are made of dust. There's a thick red vertical line going through the part of his face where its left eye should be.
:Why don't you take a seat?: the voice comes through the speaker again, accompanied by a gesture from the seated figure towards your seat. Must be some sort of 3d screen system, for your view of the room changes as you move your head.

Adam gets up, slowly looking around, noting the fact that his clothes are already on.
Did I go to bed dressed? Wait, no, I had just gotten dressed after getting out of bed, then I blacked out and ended up...
Here.
Technologically advanced, too, can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing.

"Is this an interrogation room? If so, I swear I've repented, I'm a changed man now."

((Looks like we've got another character with unknown powers to add to the tvtropes page.  At least we know your character's name.  :P))

A head made out of hair appears in front of you, fully realistic, including organ-replicas made out of hair.
"Sure. But remember, it's not permanent. And that's not what I used, I can just change my appearance. It's a very useful trick. Especially when you get bored or want to play a prank on someone."
George shivers and tries to avoid making eye contact with the hair head.
"So you have the special ability to disguise yourself?  Is that why one of those 'entities' brought you here?"
((All Most character names and descriptions are in the first post.))
"Among other things. And no, the others didn't bring me here. I came here on my own." he says, letting that sink in for a few moments.

John snapped his fingers.  "Oh yeah, with the sweet burgers!  Will have to have another of your specialties sometime.  So yeah, I do have a bad habit of getting maimed.  Probably should work on that sometime... but explosions are so effective!"

He thought for a second.  "How is Alan doing?"
"No idea. He says they're probably still alive, so at least that's something. Don't know what's taking them so long though. Or why we haven't heard anything else from them yet."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: August 30, 2015, 08:07:15 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"There we go! Now that's proper medical-like."

Make sure Alan's bandaged, then do a headcount. Correct any conspicuous absences to the best of my ability.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: August 30, 2015, 08:28:19 am »

"Yeah... how many missions have the rest of us done since we left?  Didn't they leave right when we went off to the BETA event?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: August 30, 2015, 08:29:47 am »

He hears the entity speak it's disbelief.
"Good, I would have thought much less of you if you believed me."
And he gives a small nod of appreciation when given the option to sit.
"I think I will, thank you."
He slowly lowers himself onto the chair, making himself comfortable, eventually coming to rest with one leg crossing the other, and both hands held together, laying on his legs.
"Now, I don't think we should be wasting each-others time here, so let me get down to brass tacks, if you wanted to kill me, I would be dead already, if you wanted to interrogate me, I most likely wouldn't be capable of moving around as much as I am now, yet if there was nothing to speak about, I would probably still be at the Camp, so what do you want from me?"
He speaks calmly, if he felt surprise, he did not show it, nor express any disbelief at his situation, in fact, he seemed quite happy, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: August 30, 2015, 08:57:38 am »

annnnnnnd I can't maintain my level voice anymore. He finally stopped acting antagonistic, and without an enemy to be shoving my will against...
my knees are coming up to my chest and my arms wrap around them.
"If you want me to believe you, then stop doing it. If you want me to trust you, then act like someone I can trust. If you didn't just drag me out here away from Stellar to torture and toy with me then stop doing it already! It hurts."
I look away from River to hide my wet eyes, and stay silent for several seconds.
"C-Could I talk to D for a bit?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: August 30, 2015, 09:06:35 am »

(I vote for Stellar)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: August 30, 2015, 10:06:15 am »

Staging Area

"Among other things. And no, the others didn't bring me here. I came here on my own." he says, letting that sink in for a few moments.
George, still not getting it, has a look of curiosity on his face.
"Came here on your own?  Wow, so you have the ability to travel to other dimensions too?  Are you just visiting this place?"

Before even hearing Roger's response, George pipes in with another question.
"Oh wait, hold that thought.  You said earlier that each of the people picked for these Games were chosen by some kind of 'entity'.  What is an Entity, exactly?  If it's some kind of annoying disembodied voice, then I think one of them was talking to me earlier."
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: August 30, 2015, 10:13:02 am »

"Only a few drops left? That's not enough for anything. Alan, summon more booze.

Now where did those foxes get to?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4871 on: August 30, 2015, 10:24:01 am »

annnnnnnd I can't maintain my level voice anymore. He finally stopped acting antagonistic, and without an enemy to be shoving my will against...
my knees are coming up to my chest and my arms wrap around them.
"If you want me to believe you, then stop doing it. If you want me to trust you, then act like someone I can trust. If you didn't just drag me out here away from Stellar to torture and toy with me then stop doing it already! It hurts."
He doesn't look at you.
"I will try."
I look away from River to hide my wet eyes, and stay silent for several seconds.
"C-Could I talk to D for a bit?"
"Yes. You can. If you want to. I will let him talk. But..."
He shifts his legs.
"Do you still believe I am a...?"
He turns his head towards you but he is looking down.
"Are we...?"
He waits several seconds.
"Are we going to be companions again?" he asks quietly.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:52:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4872 on: August 30, 2015, 10:51:23 am »

"Yeah... how many missions have the rest of us done since we left?  Didn't they leave right when we went off to the BETA event?"
"Yeah, but those two didn't last too long. Besides, time works a bit funny here. Still linear most of the time, but not exactly constant."

George, still not getting it, has a look of curiosity on his face.
"Came here on your own?  Wow, so you have the ability to travel to other dimensions too?  Are you just visiting this place?"

Before even hearing Roger's response, George pipes in with another question.
"Oh wait, hold that thought.  You said earlier that each of the people picked for these Games were chosen by some kind of 'entity'.  What is an Entity, exactly?  If it's some kind of annoying disembodied voice, then I think one of them was talking to me earlier."
He points towards his chest.
"Guilty as charged on both counts. Sometimes we get an avatar like Sir Smokesalot over there" he says, pointing at Charlie "or Nick here" he continues, rubbing the crow on his shoulder under its beak, which responds by closing its eyes, cawing and biting his arm softly "but most of the time it's just telepathic comments. As long as someone is powerful enough, abides to certain rules and... let's say 'signs an agreement', they can be an entity."

He hears the entity speak it's disbelief.
"Good, I would have thought much less of you if you believed me."
And he gives a small nod of appreciation when given the option to sit.
"I think I will, thank you."
He slowly lowers himself onto the chair, making himself comfortable, eventually coming to rest with one leg crossing the other, and both hands held together, laying on his legs.
"Now, I don't think we should be wasting each-others time here, so let me get down to brass tacks, if you wanted to kill me, I would be dead already, if you wanted to interrogate me, I most likely wouldn't be capable of moving around as much as I am now, yet if there was nothing to speak about, I would probably still be at the Camp, so what do you want from me?"
He speaks calmly, if he felt surprise, he did not show it, nor express any disbelief at his situation, in fact, he seemed quite happy, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
((Got any suggestions or questions for the vote? We got a tie now. If you don't have a vote, then I'll just choose at random.))

:Indeed, you are correct. Quite perceptive and to the point.:

:You see, I'm looking for a partner in certain... activities. And I believe that you have what it takes to be that man. Both in terms of skills and character. So I brought you here where you will participate in certain challenges. Challenges that will both help you prove to me that you are the right man for the job and prepare you for what is to come.:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:56:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: August 30, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »

"I'm here, aren't I?"
I sniff.
"If you weren't my companion I wouldn't have come. I wouldn't even be mad. I'd just treat you as yet another monster, acting to your nature, and protect myself. There's no point in being mad at a monster for being a monster. You get mad at your companions when they do something dumb that hurts you. Putting yourself in the jaws of a monster is dumb."
"I've hurt you too, I can't ask for forgiveness if I can't forgive. If you weren't my companion I wouldn't have come. Annnd... I promised. If you let me go, to give you another chance. and in the end you chose to let me go. I keep my promises."
"Still mad though."
"C-can I talk to D now?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: August 30, 2015, 02:41:11 pm »

More booze for Nikolai! I sure have learned from irresponsibly spamming my unreliable powers, haven't I?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 521