Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127893 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4845 on: August 29, 2015, 05:40:11 pm »

((If we find something even slightly disinfectant Nikolai could tsar it to improve the disinfectant properties.))
((Acid is bad for your skin))

I go to the door and speak at a normal volume, not yelling, not whispering.
"River? I'm alone. Don't attack me."
I then open the door and go inside, closing it behind me, and search him out. I stay quiet, but not silent. I don't want to startle him while he's hurt, but also don't want to draw attention to us. If I reach a door I think he's hiding behind, then I again, speaking at a calm, normal speaking volume, repeat my statement.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4846 on: August 29, 2015, 06:01:41 pm »

"Yeah, changed my appearance a bit, got bored with the old one. Thought I'd try something a bit more Mediterranean."

"What?  We can change our appearance here too?"

Close my eyes and wish for a full head of hair.

A head made out of hair appears in front of you, fully realistic, including organ-replicas made out of hair.
"Sure. But remember, it's not permanent. And that's not what I used, I can just change my appearance. It's a very useful trick. Especially when you get bored or want to play a prank on someone."

I go to the door and speak at a normal volume, not yelling, not whispering.
"River? I'm alone. Don't attack me."
I then open the door and go inside, closing it behind me, and search him out. I stay quiet, but not silent. I don't want to startle him while he's hurt, but also don't want to draw attention to us. If I reach a door I think he's hiding behind, then I again, speaking at a calm, normal speaking volume, repeat my statement.
There is no response.
You walk inside, following the trail of blood to a room in the back.
You approach from the side, not looking directly inside. The room looks unnaturally dark. As if only a fraction of light entering through the door makes it to the wall. It makes you feel uneasy.
When you reach the door, the darkness has faded and disappeared, along with the feeling of unease. You repeat your  statement.
There is silence for many seconds, although your sensitive ears hear something inside.
"What do you want?" the response finally comes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: August 29, 2015, 06:16:59 pm »

"Wait, don't we need stingy stuff on the owie first?"
"Yes, don't want you to start rotting. Why don't you summon some alcohol or hydrogen peroxide or something?"

((If we find something even slightly disinfectant Nikolai could tsar it to improve the disinfectant properties.))
((Acid is bad for your skin))
((It's also bad for my enemies skin!
I'm not talking about turning regular disinfectant into super disinfectant, I'm talking about turning something with insignificant disinfecting properties (not sure what) into something strong enough to work. But there are much easier ways, like having Alan summon it.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: August 29, 2015, 06:18:38 pm »

I open the door and step inside, closing it behind me, my hands still holding the ruins of my shirt from the bar.
Once River is in my view, I walk over to him and inspect his wounds, then begin bandaging them with scraps of my old shirt.
I don't have anything to say to him until I've finished treating his wounds, except the occasional request for him to turn or shift to let me work, or to warn him that what I'm about to do will sting if appropriate.
After I'm done, I then sit down facing him, my back against a wall, and wait a bit, putting my words together carefully and making sure I'm calm when I speak.
"What is a Bond-former? If the traitor we're hunting is one, we need to know what it being a Bond-former means."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4849 on: August 29, 2015, 06:59:48 pm »

I open the door and step inside, closing it behind me, my hands still holding the ruins of my shirt from the bar.
Once River is in my view, I walk over to him and inspect his wounds, then begin bandaging them with scraps of my old shirt.
I don't have anything to say to him until I've finished treating his wounds, except the occasional request for him to turn or shift to let me work, or to warn him that what I'm about to do will sting if appropriate.
After I'm done, I then sit down facing him, my back against a wall, and wait a bit, putting my words together carefully and making sure I'm calm when I speak.
"What is a Bond-former? If the traitor we're hunting is one, we need to know what it being a Bond-former means."
You enter the room.

River is standing close to a corner of the room, without his armour. His armour and other belongings are lying on the floor nearby.
His wounds look better and the fur around them has regenerated somewhat, but they haven't closed yet. He is still bleeding from his chest.
He watches you closely, his body tense. He becomes even more tense as you approach and raise your hands. He does not move but you feel like he is ready to snap.

Yet you remain calm. You touch his chest and shift his fur to get a better look at his wounds, before starting to rip what was left of your shirt into appropriate fragments to use as bandages. You tie them around his torso to help cover and apply pressure to the wounds. He follows your directions and allows you to work, but he never stops watching you and your hands. You do an excellent job, the best you could hope for with the tools you were given.

You take a few seconds to inspect your work and make sure you haven't missed anything. Satisfied, you sit down facing him with your back against a wall.
He continues looking at you silently for a few seconds before responding.
"Being a Bond-former means living for the one you have bonded with. We are beings that form a link with the soul of another being. Either when we are born or during our lives. We use that link to make both of us stronger. Some of us are granted Gifts. Gifts we use to achieve our purpose. We are meant to help. Each in our own way."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: August 29, 2015, 07:05:13 pm »

"Wait, don't we need stingy stuff on the owie first?"

"That's actually a good point, Alan. Can you make some antiseptic? Or at least some right and proper pure alcohol? Either'd work."

If some variety of disinfectant is produced, do not hesitate to put it to good use on Alan's wounds, rebandaging as necessary.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: August 29, 2015, 07:13:06 pm »

my voice is calm, if anything a little perky and cheerful.
"I used the last of the fire I can summon to change to this form River. I need some time before I can use that ability again."
I shift my eyes from the wall beside him to actually making eye contact with him.
"I am very, very angry with you River."
I give a short pause.
"How would my questions hurt someone?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4852 on: August 29, 2015, 07:33:16 pm »

He doesn't break eye contact with you. His voice remains... not calm. Flat and quick might be the best way to describe it.
"Someone I care about broke the rules. It is his body you helped me find in the Relay. I broke the rules to help him. He begged me. I took him with me."

"The one that chose you might see your memories. When you go back to the Staging Area and they work on your soul. If the others find out about him, they will either punish him or blackmail him. If they find out about me helping him... I will not be blackmailed. I have nothing of value for them to take except my life. They will destroy me."

"I am not afraid of death. But I do not want to waste my life."

"I had to stop you. Your questions could make them suspicious. I had to take you away before you could cause more harm. I did not know how. I am not a good liar. So I acted on instinct. And did my best to take you away."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:38:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: August 29, 2015, 07:54:31 pm »

"The one that chose me is Stellar. D and Stellar are bonded. She uses Charlie's assistance to modify my abilities, due to their complexity and the way they interact with each other, being my own design. I have a piece of blackmail material against Charlie, and Stellar is in my debt. I also have made publicly clear how much I object to others touching my mind without my express permission, and probably would have no need to use either. I care for D, he's looked out for me as if I was his own, and he cares for and helps Stellar as well, as best he can. D is not at risk from me."

This is going to be a long eye-to-eye moment. I am not going to be the first to look away though. He's been trying to dominate me for far too long.

"Why didn't you just tell me you had to answer me in private?"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: August 29, 2015, 08:03:25 pm »

Adam gets up, slowly looking around, noting the fact that his clothes are already on.
Did I go to bed dressed? Wait, no, I had just gotten dressed after getting out of bed, then I blacked out and ended up...
Here.
Technologically advanced, too, can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing.

"Is this an interrogation room? If so, I swear I've repented, I'm a changed man now."
Blah blah blah.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:57:24 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: August 29, 2015, 08:32:58 pm »

Alan casts Summon Greater Booze!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: August 29, 2015, 08:35:59 pm »

Adam gets up, slowly looking around, noting the fact that his clothes are already on.
Did I go to bed dressed? Wait, no, I had just gotten dressed after getting out of bed, then I blacked out and ended up...
Here.

"Is this an interrogation room? If so, I swear I've repented, I'm a changed man now."

((Looks like we've got another character with unknown powers to add to the tvtropes page.  At least we know your character's name.  :P))

A head made out of hair appears in front of you, fully realistic, including organ-replicas made out of hair.
"Sure. But remember, it's not permanent. And that's not what I used, I can just change my appearance. It's a very useful trick. Especially when you get bored or want to play a prank on someone."
George shivers and tries to avoid making eye contact with the hair head.
"So you have the special ability to disguise yourself?  Is that why one of those 'entities' brought you here?"
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: August 29, 2015, 08:39:38 pm »

Here.

((Looks like we've got another character with unknown powers to add to the tvtropes page.  At least we know your character's name.  :P))
((Adam ain't his full name, his actual name is Litany Adams, he just likes being called Adam more.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: August 29, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »

Make sure they don't use all the booze on Alan.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: August 30, 2015, 01:32:12 am »

*in Alan

John snapped his fingers.  "Oh yeah, with the sweet burgers!  Will have to have another of your specialties sometime.  So yeah, I do have a bad habit of getting maimed.  Probably should work on that sometime... but explosions are so effective!"

He thought for a second.  "How is Alan doing?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 521