Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127822 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4755 on: August 23, 2015, 03:38:24 am »

((Essentially what happened is that Alan went away to shit out all the sunscreen and without his aura of chillness and relaxivity around, things in turn went to shit, as Ike and Irene got into a massive argument about how not telling people how you'll kill them if they do certain things is or is not lying, an argument that was hilariously proven both wrong and right when Irene accidentally triggered River's murder button and he tried to kill her so he wouldn't have to lie, causing the rest of the team to try to murder him, and even Alan's best distracting dancing and dishwasher no jutsu couldn't calm the situation down. Now everyone's blasting apart the shady basement River took the cute preteen but really 700 year-old foxgirl into to do nefarious basement wolf things to with more firepower and obliviousness to structural damage than George Bush wielding a +5 Steel Beam coated with jet fuel.))

((I want that summary quoted somewhere impressive stat.))
((It's quoted here ;3

...So what did Theri do? Surely someone AUTO'd me? D:
...Re-reading some snippets of dialogue. I feel like I missed half of my life in opportunities to interrupt there ._. GWAH!
♥ y'all though for playing your characters so straight.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: August 23, 2015, 03:43:09 am »

((Essentially what happened is that Alan went away to shit out all the sunscreen and without his aura of chillness and relaxivity around, things in turn went to shit, as Ike and Irene got into a massive argument about how not telling people how you'll kill them if they do certain things is or is not lying, an argument that was hilariously proven both wrong and right when Irene accidentally triggered River's murder button and he tried to kill her so he wouldn't have to lie, causing the rest of the team to try to murder him, and even Alan's best distracting dancing and dishwasher no jutsu couldn't calm the situation down. Now everyone's blasting apart the shady basement River took the cute preteen but really 700 year-old foxgirl into to do nefarious basement wolf things to with more firepower and obliviousness to structural damage than George Bush wielding a +5 Steel Beam coated with jet fuel.))

((I want that summary quoted somewhere impressive stat.))
((The sentence 'Not telling people how you'll kill them if they do certain things is or is not lying' seems very confusing to me for some reason, too many negatives, I guess.
Speaking of, I've been starting to see that not many PC's in this team ever does much to help a diplomatic situation, do they? Irene hates lying, so any dangerous talky situation can easily be unbalanced by her, at which point she'll probably unbalance it even more the second things get a bit touchy by burninating everything, Ike never seems capable of grasping the seriousness of a situation, so he will frequently do really confusing things based on what I can only assume is the fact that he doesn't seem to understand the idea of someone holding a grudge, for example:
<I don't know. I think he's invisibly stalking me.>

<Hm. Well, here goes.>

Ike clears his throat.

"Hey River! Sorry for trying to slash at you and everything, I just thought you were going off the deep end or something. Me and Irine had a talk like you said, and it was pretty enlightening. Mind coming out? I don't wanna talk to a wall. Though if you don't, that's cool too."
And your character is... Well, he's Alan.
The others I don't know about because you three seem to be about the only ones to post, apart from DAF, whose character even though is based around a eternal struggle keeping an insane sealed evil inside of himself, seems to be the most level-headed and diplomatic of the group.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: August 23, 2015, 03:46:18 am »

-snoop-
((The sentence 'Not telling people how you'll kill them if they do certain things is or is not lying' seems very confusing to me for some reason, too many negatives, I guess.
Speaking of, I've been starting to see that not many PC's in this team ever does much to help a diplomatic situation, do they? Irene hates lying, so any dangerous talky situation can easily be unbalanced by her, at which point she'll probably unbalance it even more the second things get a bit touchy by burninating everything, Ike never seems capable of grasping the seriousness of a situation, so he will frequently do really confusing things based on what I can only assume is the fact that he doesn't seem to understand the idea of someone holding a grudge, for example:
-sneep-
The others I don't know about because you three seem to be about the only ones to post, apart from DAF, whose character even though is based around a eternal struggle keeping an insane sealed evil inside of himself, seems to be the most level-headed and diplomatic of the group.))
((I should totally catch up soon -.-))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: August 23, 2015, 03:48:44 am »

-snoop-
-sneep-
((I should totally catch up soon -.-))
((Before you say anything, I don't know everything, for all I know, it could just be a split personality, all I know is that he has a different 'person' inside of him that's an insane psychopath.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: August 23, 2015, 03:57:43 am »

((causing the rest of the team to try to murder him))
((Heeeeey, in all fairness, Zechariah tried to play the diplomat the entire time until it was apparent that there was a good chance someone was going to get killed if he didn't step in to start intervening also. And even then, Zech simply tried to disable River, not kill him.))

((Before you say anything, I don't know everything, for all I know, it could just be a split personality, all I know is that he has a different 'person' inside of him that's an insane psychopath.))
((It's technically both. Well, that's a bit more complicated than I would like to introduce OOC. But you're right in saying that he does have a "person" inside of his head that he contends with on a daily basis. At the basic level, at least.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: August 23, 2015, 04:14:28 am »

((Yeah, that explanation isn't exactly accurate so much as it's how Alan's going to kinda remember it, which is why it's simplistic and humorous.
That also kinda reflects on the way I method act as Alan - when posting as him I deliberately put as little actual thought into the process as I can, which is why he often does impulsive stupid shit like firing a really large dishwasher at high velocities in the direction of all his teammates or trying to unspecific ally summon sunscreen after hearing the word 'desert' or earnestly believing that a normal couch would move him to safety while a living carpet of flesh moves to engulf him. This contrasts with the few times I do put thought into his RPing, like the diplomacy with Kasser and the time he cheered up Zechariah - if you look closely there in both of those there's times where he subtly omitted information to better suit his picture of events, interpreted positively/negatively to suit his goals, and used people's perception of him as a fat impulsive dumbass to gain favourable results. The challenge there is figuring out if he's doing that deliberately or if he's just really good at diplomacy when he puts his mind to it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4761 on: August 23, 2015, 04:59:46 am »

Didn't really know what you'd want to do though, since it all depended on how you viewed things.
Would you had joined DAF in trying to talk to River and figuring out what's going on?
Would you had tried to attack River with the others?
Would you had tried to stop River non-lethally?
Would you had just watched in shock?
Would you had helped River?
Would you had done something else?

Like I told Lenglon once, if I could predict how my players would think and act, this game would be much less fun for me to run.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:01:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: August 23, 2015, 05:08:11 am »

Didn't really know what you'd want to do though, since it all depended on how you viewed things.
Would you had joined DAF in trying to talk to River and figuring out what's going on?
Would you had tried to attack River with the others?
Would you had tried to stop River non-lethally?
Would you had just watched in shock?
Would you had helped River?
Would you had done something else?

Like I told Lenglon once, if I could predict how my players would think and act, this game would be much less fun for me to run.
((Theri is a proactive character--only showing resistance when two opposing issues she both cares about conflict--int he River-Irine conflict; she'd go for peaceful measures [ie attacking or solving what's causing River to be liek dat, at most non-lethally] rather than attacking them; she has a 0% to stand in shock and will not prefer to do such despite anything contrary to usual expectation--since she knows Irine et al, she would be acting in favor of the group [despite the...ah, erratic and hamfist-y nature of some members ._.]

Also posting in advance because I don't want to hold up a turn, AND I may not be able to catch up [because I'm busy posting in Roll to Medium because THESE TWO RTDS are so fun, but this has more pages so I'd like to be thorough...and also in order to explain my lapse of presumed inaction :P ].))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: August 23, 2015, 11:24:34 am »

((@ Theri missing the argument - for some reason I thought she was in another room / nearby but not actually there for the conversation. Events after that were very fast-paced and she probably didn't have a chance to respond. But if you know you're going to be unable to post Tiruin, and want someone autoing Theri, I'd suggest saying so and saying who you want autoing her. Special People can get pretty fast-paced at times. I know I intentionally wait to post my Roll to Medium actions because that one is slow paced and I can take my time, so my other RtDs need to all have their actions posted first before I worry about that one. Instead I just read my section of the turn in there so I can keep it in the back of my mind and then move on to other things for a bit.))

((@ Xan's description of events - Irine isn't 700! she's in her 140's, or her 20's, depending on perspective!))
((But... >.> Thanks for calling her cute.))

I stay snuggled in Ike's arms and keep my eyes closed, not looking in case River decides to surprise us and staying where someone's holding me close and I can't get easily grabbed and carried off again by River.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4764 on: August 24, 2015, 08:39:25 am »

Campaign

"Ooooowwwwwwwiiiiiie fuck stop that whoever it is"

Resort to drastic measures - fire couches everywhere in an attempt to get that screaming to stop.
You fire couches everywhere around you, trapping yourself inside the basement. You also damage the ceiling and some support columns while doing so, causing the ceiling to bulge downwards dangerously.

For the sake of not invalidating everyone else's RP, we'll say it took you some time to charge that attack up so that Irine and Ike could reach the stairs.

"Sorry, that worked way too well! It was supposed to only target River."
Stop angry russian accented screaming in everyone's heads. That's a very useful trick to add to the repertoire. Get up and try to stop this thing from strangling me. Leave it tsared though, in case I need to psychic screech again. Once again, let the more talky people do their talking.
Trying to get up is very hard considering the weight of the thing and the fact that trying to do so only makes the strangling thing worst.
Trying to stop it from strangling you is probably not going to work either, seeing as the two ends of wire have fused together into a large, thick and heavy collar-like thing.

The floor you are lying on suddenly bulges upwards before sagging downwards in an alarmingly unsafe manner, just as Irine and Ike are making their way out.

Carry Irine to a more secluded location.
You walk outside and make your way to the far edge of the cluster of buildings, a two storey house that has suffered expensive burn damage, leaving only charred stones and remnants of burnt wood crushed under the semi-collapsed ceiling. With the wind blowing more strongly now, small particles of ash have started flying around, swirling in small eddies, some of them escaping out of the house, before they fall down or rearrange themselves in different patterns as the direction the wind is coming from changes slightly.

You take cover in a corner of the house where the still intact supports combined with the otherwise combined ceiling has created a cave-like structure made of stone blocks.

You don't hear, see or smell anything new or interesting along the way.

"Hey River! Sorry for trying to slash at you and everything, I just thought you were going off the deep end or something. Me and Irine had a talk like you said, and it was pretty enlightening. Mind coming out? I don't wanna talk to a wall. Though if you don't, that's cool too."
There is no response.
Maybe he's not really listening. Or maybe he's only listening using telepathy. Or maybe he doesn't feel like talking. Or maybe he's sulking. Or maybe he's afraid this is a trick. Or maybe he's busy healing himself. Or some other horrible thing happened to him in this accursed city. Or any of the other possible reasons for the lack of response.
The point is, there is no response.

I stay snuggled in Ike's arms and keep my eyes closed, not looking in case River decides to surprise us and staying where someone's holding me close and I can't get easily grabbed and carried off again by River.
Just out of curiosity, is there a spelling error there or do you mean that you do not feel like you have to look around and see what's going on?

OOC
((I have a copy of the tree in my pictures folder, and the exact opposite is shown in there. it being a viable dodge mechanic when upgraded is specifically because things pass through her when she's flame. It hasn't come up as a discussion topic though because I normally remove everything before changing and then put it back on again afterwards.))

((the fire she changes into is not special. remember that she integrates other normal fire into and out of her body as part of the change. the fire that is Irine changes all the time.))

((as for what happens? I stay in place, in midair if that's where I changed, for the duration of the change. which is why if I change with clothes on they'll fall to the ground below me and then I end up on top of them. I stay at the same location, but my posture can be massively changed, which is why my legs don't snap when I go between human and fox even though the joints aren't at the same position nor have the same range of motion. Things being shoved into me is a hazard, but if I can viably reform whilst avoiding the overlap then I will do so, even if I end up in some contortionist pose. I actually kinda thought that I could handle a long fall by timing a change properly to reset my momentum.))

((The constancy of her body's forms and the way changing doesn't heal is because of the interactions between her core abilities, especially the revive mechanic, which also governs data storage.))

((EDIT: correction, it has come up in discussion once actually. pre-first mission when she was explaining her abilty to change to the others. As mentioned there, she turns into fire. not some firey goop or whatever. actual, burny, fire.))
I dunno, I mean I searched and I did find this:

The dodge I mention is so that you can move while shapeshifting or use your change in shape and position to confuse your enemies.

But on the other hand, I searched and I have never specifically mentioned this anywhere, PM or here. And it is your character. But on the other other hand, you did agree that her abilities have been damaged and thus could had changed.

So how about this: We say things do phase through you. And that your body can adjust its shape to its environment (which is what was happening with the current system as well, the semi-stable pyrokinetic field reshaping itself and "expanding" to fit a preprogrammed state by absorbing fire/heat, like those memory metals that self-assemble at the right temperature). But something dense enough or moving quickly enough, something that could mess with a weakened version of your ability to control fire can still harm you, along with things that would normally be capable of hurting you during the transformation. Does that sound OK? If I'm somehow mistaken or you have a better idea or if you want to give a more in depth explanation about how you feel your ability should work, I'd be willing to listen, this isn't a take it or leave it deal, just trying to figure out something you'd like but also something not too powerful.

Irrelevant, but resetting momentum sounds dangerous. What if you're in a moving vehicle? Or worse, a vehicle that rapidly changes position and acceleration, like a boat? With the current system you'd have a small decrease in terminal velocity while changing due the air resistance to weight ratio changing, but not more than that.

Not to mention the difficulty of assigning a relative point from which your momentum should be zero. Should it be the centre of gravity of the nearest object that exceeds a certain mass? What happens then when you're in orbit or in deep space? Or if someone is a gravity manipulator? What happens if someone tries to teleport you during a transformation? Questions like these might have not needed an answer in Irine's previous game, but on this one I may have to consider them depending on circumstances. But anyway, if that's what you want, I'll just have to try to figure out the answer to these if we ever come up to something like that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: August 24, 2015, 09:08:30 am »

@ not looking - not a spelling error, avoiding jumpscares from invisoRiver's teeth being right next to me when he suddenly de-invis's. Don't think it's an actual attack, but don't want to be startled and am already spooked.

@ non-corporeal state - will edit in later, getting the RP part out now

EDIT: the problem with *not* reseting momentum is I can abuse it to walk through walls. I just generate fire on the other side, then give myself a running start and shift just before hitting the wall, reforming from the flame I generated on the other side.

In space, fire has much bigger problems than what it zero's the momentum to - like how the vacuum will instantly put it out and kill me. or how the purified pressurized atmosphere inside a spacecraft makes the entire vessel into a bomb.

Fire inside a vehicle is, again, *not a good thing*, and Irine's abilities were designed with a low-tech environment in mind.

as for being vulnerable... I really do not at all understand why she needs to be even more vulnerable than she already is. Irine, in all her forms, is relatively frail, and while shifting she's immobilized and unable to use her abilities, and afterwards she's half-paralyzed from River's infestation of her. I agree that things that mess with her flame should damage her... because she IS her flame in that state. but I don't see why a bullet would do anything to a ball of fire. The very brief moment of near-invulnerability is the only reason shifting in combat is even remotely viable pre-putting 7 freaking upgrade points into the tree. If that's seriously the case, then that there is what I call a wasted upgrade tree. Because although it's cool. it's so expensive that there is absolutely no reason to even touch it. If I put those 7 points into, say, Irine's fire, then the difference in power would be patently ridiculous.

Using innate teleparthy, then after a delay if no response using the comwire: to Self and River: <R-River? Are you here?>
((OOC edit in for clarity: yes, I'm sending telepathic messages to myself. This is intentional.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:27:54 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: August 24, 2015, 10:29:18 am »

Okay shrink down the thing thats strangling me and scramble off the alarmingly unsafe floor. If the floor insists on being unsafe then tsar and repair it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:46:37 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: August 24, 2015, 12:13:27 pm »

"I get the feeling he's not in a very good mood."

Return to the others, see what they're up to. If needed, use sword to extricate them from various predicaments.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: August 24, 2015, 12:17:02 pm »

<Probably...>
Stay in Ike's arms as long as he'll let me.

((note: message to River / Self in earlier post))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:34:16 pm by Lenglon »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4769 on: August 24, 2015, 02:52:08 pm »

Using innate teleparthy, then after a delay if no response using the comwire: to Self and River: <R-River? Are you here?>
((OOC edit in for clarity: yes, I'm sending telepathic messages to myself. This is intentional.))
There is no response.

<Probably...>
Stay in Ike's arms as long as he'll let me.

((note: message to River / Self in earlier post))
"I get the feeling he's not in a very good mood."

Return to the others, see what they're up to. If needed, use sword to extricate them from various predicaments.
You go to the basement, fox in hand, carefully tiptoeing around the damaged floor and hack the couch in the way of the stairs in half, thus beginning the work of freeing Alan.

((Hey, there. You look like a man who likes new and exciting flails. Have you ever considered a... fox-flail? Think about it. It would be awesome. Plus, it would be a shame to let those tails go to waste. 'Wasted tails? Make them flails!' That's what I say!))

Okay shrink down the thing thats strangling me and scramble off the alarmingly unsafe floor. If the floor insists on being unsafe then tsar and repair it.
Tsar the entire building? Or just the floor of the building?

@ not looking - not a spelling error, avoiding jumpscares from invisoRiver's teeth being right next to me when he suddenly de-invis's. Don't think it's an actual attack, but don't want to be startled and am already spooked.
Giving a new meaning to "the only thing I fear is fear itself".

I'll respond to the other thing later.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 02:55:47 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 521