Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127879 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4740 on: August 21, 2015, 10:59:47 am »

((I have a copy of the tree in my pictures folder, and the exact opposite is shown in there. it being a viable dodge mechanic when upgraded is specifically because things pass through her when she's flame. It hasn't come up as a discussion topic though because I normally remove everything before changing and then put it back on again afterwards.))

((the fire she changes into is not special. remember that she integrates other normal fire into and out of her body as part of the change. the fire that is Irine changes all the time.))

((as for what happens? I stay in place, in midair if that's where I changed, for the duration of the change. which is why if I change with clothes on they'll fall to the ground below me and then I end up on top of them. I stay at the same location, but my posture can be massively changed, which is why my legs don't snap when I go between human and fox even though the joints aren't at the same position nor have the same range of motion. Things being shoved into me is a hazard, but if I can viably reform whilst avoiding the overlap then I will do so, even if I end up in some contortionist pose. I actually kinda thought that I could handle a long fall by timing a change properly to reset my momentum.))

((The constancy of her body's forms and the way changing doesn't heal is because of the interactions between her core abilities, especially the revive mechanic, which also governs data storage.))

<What I don't understand is why he's so desperate to keep the extra danger he's putting us in hidden. We're going to have to deal with the attacks launched at him, we have a major need to know. He's claiming that knowing he's an assassination target will put people he cares about in danger, but that makes no sense. I think he thinks we know or could infer something that we actually don't know.>

((EDIT: correction, it has come up in discussion once actually. pre-first mission when she was explaining her abilty to change to the others. As mentioned there, she turns into fire. not some firey goop or whatever. actual, burny, fire.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:02:58 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: August 21, 2015, 11:13:23 am »

"Ooooowwwwwwwiiiiiie fuck stop that whoever it is"

Resort to drastic measures - fire couches everywhere in an attempt to get that screaming to stop.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: August 21, 2015, 11:28:12 am »

<What I don't understand is why he's so desperate to keep the extra danger he's putting us in hidden. We're going to have to deal with the attacks launched at him, we have a major need to know. He's claiming that knowing he's an assassination target will put people he cares about in danger, but that makes no sense. I think he thinks we know or could infer something that we actually don't know.>

<It's probably because he knows you and Zech won't leave well enough alone and try to deal with something you're not equipped to deal with. I mean, I at least very much know I don't have any relevant degrees in whatever interdimensional hoodoo is happening, but you might have just enough knowledge to endanger everyone with an attempt to do something. Or at least that'd be a sensible reason to do it - the actual one is up for debate. In any case, not much we can do about it aside from staying alert and keeping Alan pointed in the correct direction.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: August 21, 2015, 12:31:01 pm »

<I agree, but I want to ask River more about it. Because it's going to come up, and we don't even know what kinds of attacks could be launched at us. I don't want our first warning to be when someone knocks the door in. If we at least knew what to look for...>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: August 21, 2015, 01:36:54 pm »

<I agree, but I want to ask River more about it. Because it's going to come up, and we don't even know what kinds of attacks could be launched at us. I don't want our first warning to be when someone knocks the door in. If we at least knew what to look for...>

<I guess we could ask for some symptoms of our imminent demise. That is, if he's calmed down by now and doesn't want to kill me or something. I somehow doubt there's going to be a predictable, recognizable pattern in an interdimensional ambush that doesn't take a lot of imagination and maybe one or two extra senses to notice, of course, but who knows?>

<Alternatively, though, we could just let the man have his man-space like he seems to want. At least for now if he's still feeling volatile.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: August 21, 2015, 02:30:44 pm »

((note to Paris: my conversation with Ike has been all private, using my innate telepathy, on the off-chance River is listening in or attempting too.))
<Okay.>
I squirm around a little in Ike's arms, trying to look up at his face.
<Do you mind holding me a while longer? please?>

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: August 21, 2015, 02:35:30 pm »

"Sorry, that worked way too well! It was supposed to only target River."
Stop angry russian accented screaming in everyone's heads. That's a very useful trick to add to the repertoire. Get up and try to stop this thing from strangling me. Leave it tsared though, in case I need to psychic screech again. Once again, let the more talky people do their talking.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:25:21 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: August 21, 2015, 02:40:06 pm »

((note to Paris: my conversation with Ike has been all private, using my innate telepathy, on the off-chance River is listening in or attempting too.))
<Okay.>
I squirm around a little in Ike's arms, trying to look up at his face.
<Do you mind holding me a while longer? please?>

Ike maintains an impassive look, scanning about him with both eyes and ears.

<No trouble at all. How's the regenerated limbs, by the by? Still messed up?>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:44 pm »

<Better, but still weak.>
I stop my squirming and settle down in his arms, nuzzling the underside of Ike's arm.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: August 21, 2015, 02:56:42 pm »

<Better, but still weak.>
I stop my squirming and settle down in his arms, nuzzling the underside of Ike's arm.

<Very well. So, where is our hairy, unstable friend? Can't say I like all this sorcery being afoot. Never know what to make of it.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: August 21, 2015, 03:46:39 pm »

<I don't know. I think he's invisibly stalking me.>

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: August 22, 2015, 08:40:04 am »

Team A
Keep heading towards the next room, and see if anything changes with the psychic energies.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:20:41 am by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: August 23, 2015, 02:45:57 am »

((...O goodness. Something very important and pertinent to Theri had occurred...and I did necessarily nothing while being in the vicinity of River D: ...Catching up; may take a day due to all these posts!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: August 23, 2015, 03:06:43 am »

<I don't know. I think he's invisibly stalking me.>

<Hm. Well, here goes.>

Ike clears his throat.

"Hey River! Sorry for trying to slash at you and everything, I just thought you were going off the deep end or something. Me and Irine had a talk like you said, and it was pretty enlightening. Mind coming out? I don't wanna talk to a wall. Though if you don't, that's cool too."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: August 23, 2015, 03:10:27 am »

((Essentially what happened is that Alan went away to shit out all the sunscreen and without his aura of chillness and relaxivity around, things in turn went to shit, as Ike and Irene got into a massive argument about how not telling people how you'll kill them if they do certain things is or is not lying, an argument that was hilariously proven both wrong and right when Irene accidentally triggered River's murder button and he tried to kill her so he wouldn't have to lie, causing the rest of the team to try to murder him, and even Alan's best distracting dancing and dishwasher no jutsu couldn't calm the situation down. Now everyone's blasting apart the shady basement River took the cute preteen but really 700 year-old foxgirl into to do nefarious basement wolf things to with more firepower and obliviousness to structural damage than George Bush wielding a +5 Steel Beam coated with jet fuel.))

((I want that summary quoted somewhere impressive stat.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 521