Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127889 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4680 on: August 19, 2015, 02:17:51 am »

((Team A?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: August 19, 2015, 02:33:37 am »

Nik looks at the rest of the group.
"Well, what do you think? River's seriously pissing me off."

"Mutilating our fine foxy friend's no good, I would agree. And if this were a democracy, our wolfish warlord would find himself supremely outvoted on that issue. He doesn't think this is a democracy, however, previous platitudes aside, and I tend to agree - more of a rule by strength. So I'm going to stand behind him on this one if you catch my meaning," says Ike in a vague manner.

Stand behind River on this one. Literally, not figuratively.

If River seems like he's about to endanger Alan or piss off entirely with Irine, it might be time to spring into action, probably in the form of distracting River with a playful poke in the ol' C1 with a sharp blade.

And if he starts something against Nik or me, or goes into a proper magical duel with Irine, the poke would become more of a drive and a twist. Superior reflexes, eh?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:38:04 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: August 19, 2015, 03:14:32 am »

I growl and force my will through the pain.
"no. N-No. No! NO! NO NO NO NO NO!"
I will River's presence out of me. I am ME. I will not let him consume me. I reinforce myself and my identity with my will, assuming that he is shoving himself on to me similarly to how I forced my will upon the old mage. I remind myself of why I am here, and all that I have lost, and why I cannot afford to lose. This isn't going to be like back at the tower where I let him in. This time, I have to fight.
If I manage to free myself from River's will, then I shift to full-fox form, weather or not he's let go of me physically. I do not do it if he's still forcing his will on me though.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: August 19, 2015, 07:32:03 am »

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4684 on: August 19, 2015, 10:12:12 am »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
"Exceptable, huh?"
If someone attacks to me, grab their used limbs or weapon. Same applies to thrown weapons.
The things approach you from all sides, surrounding you. Four of them strike at you at once. You manage to twist out of the way of two of the strikes and grab the bone-like knife of the third one, but the fourth manages to stab you on your arm. It makes a long scratch, but it's not very deep. It looks worse than it is. Still, you're getting overwhelmed here. You can't keep dodging forever.

Try to interact with machinery, look if it influences mannequins.
You try to force your way through the things blocking your path, barely managing to squeeze between them and the wall.
You approach one of the machines on the wall and inspect it, glancing at the approaching enemies behind you every once in a while.
It looks like a simple lathe, with a large number of available attachments, some very sharp and nasty looking metallic drill-like things.
If only you had someone in your team who was really good at manipulating metal.

"Heh. Heh heh heh."
Start lasering the arms off of all of the mannequins, starting with the closest ones. Continue to not laser my teammates. Yet.
You manage to laser the arms off of two of the things as they approach you and enter the hallway. That's three of them down or at least made less dangerous. Unless they start kicking you.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
"At last, something to beat into a pulp!"

Beat the hand into a pulp! Then do it again!
You talk to the hand and prepare to beat it into pulp.

You block the strike of the index finger, duck below a sweep of the entire hand and then kick the hand hard on its back, causing something to snap. There is a gurgling groan from behind the wall as the hand retreats back through the hole like some sort of snake.
"No, wait you idiot!"
Hm. That was easy. Wonder what you should do next.
Wait, what's that thumping sound approaching you?

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Team A

"I'd recommend y'all get as far from this room as possible."

Do the thing. Do the thing now. Start charging. If a viable enemy target presents itself, shoot it with my anchors to impale it with one or two and wrap it with the others to hold it there.
((I'm doing the exact opposite of THE SAME.))
((You need to make your actions a bit less vague. Or maybe more precise, since I don't think you mean EXACT opposite.))

You feel something stab through what used to be your chest and then slashing upwards, easily cutting through your armour. You deploy your anchor module, bits of bone and flesh shooting out of you and through anything nearby, creating a web-like structure around you.

<Team A, Svajoklis>

The hell we are even still doing in this room. We can't just let this nonsence go on. I give you five minutes before I'm going find something flamable to light up this jokster.

Last chance. Use the sometimes working flashlight to illuminate what is outside of the room we had been dropped in. Only for a moment though, then attention back to the starting room, I know how the jokster looks, if I see something else, prioritise the one that tried to kill us before. search for something that would be able to produce fire. If I happen to have a lighter, search for something to set on fire.

Outside there's a long and narrow hallway made out of stone covered by wood. It is also quite dark, but you think you can see another room at the end of it. You think you see a couch in it, but that's as much as you can see.

You look around. Luckily, there's a few old sheets covering a bookcase. Those look flamable. And on one of the bookcase's shelves is stored a can of paint thinner. That looks extremely inflammable. No luck with the lighter though. Damn it, why is your host a non-smoker?

You hear a mix of shrieking and cawing coming from somewhere in the back. You glance behind you to see the creature trapped inside a web of flesh and bone. It's trapped for now, but it's quickly clawing through it.

Team A

"You heard him, book it"
Get to the exit and vacate the room
You reach the exit along with Svajoklis.

Staging Area

Sure, just wish for it. One level of Power would certainly make things a lot better. Two levels might be pushing it, but it would make things really good and a bit quicker, provided you don't overdo it. Three levels is just asking for an accidental earth-shattering kaboom.

((We'll do that, then.  Also, there's a reason I'm trying not to let power get too far ahead of control...))
Do what? Summon once with 1 level of power and once with 1 level of control?

No, summon once with +1 to current power and once with +1 to current speed.
With +1 to speed, you can get one within a few seconds, however that is excluding time lost on failed attempts that leave you with a glorified dirty bomb at best and a horrible radioactive death trap (for you, not others) at worst. You're glad this room appears to be bomb-proof and that your robotic assistant was wise enough to evacuate the moment she realized what you were doing (using her speakers to play an appropriate sound effect in the process). The decor wasn't so lucky.

With +1 to power, it's easier to summon one. Easier to imagine the machine, less effort to make the parts appear, less effort to assemble them, better success rates and slightly better summoning times. If you count any time lost on failed attempts however, it is significantly faster.

So assuming you want to summon lots of nukes in a few minutes and trust your luck, speed is better. Otherwise, probably better to go with power.

Man, you know it's getting close to someone's final challenge when I start using phrases such as "summon lots of nukes in a few minutes".

George fails Caution 101.

As George struggles in the water, mentally cursing to himself, he notices the town up ahead.  The medieval town.  George isn't sure whether he should add time travel to the list of impossible things that his alien captors are capable of, or finally just conclude that Reality was put on trial and lynched for the crime of having no place in this world.

Continue being pushed by the currents, toward the town.  Question my own existence along the way.
((Ever seen a dwarf path through a waterfall?))

You let the stream carry you past the waterwheel and towards the bridge. There is a man standing on its railing, holding a fishing rod over the water. His skin is tanned from being exposed to the sun, his hair are long and dark, his face obscured by facial hair, his clothes simple/ There's a crow standing next to him, pecking on a fish.

"Hey there!" he yells and waves.
"Want me to fish you out?" he follows up with a smile as he moves his rod towards you.

Campaign

Strap the shield to my arm to leave my hand free. Also make a spare sling for reasons. Let the more talky people talk about their stuff.

((Definitely want to go on the galactic adventure mission. Not sure if I want to do another campaign right after this one though.))
((Let's see if you'll survive this one first...))

Let's retroactively roll for this.
Strapping the shield is easy. You just take the spare pant legs, the ones River tore off, and use it to tie it on your arm.
Making the spare sling however does not work. Must be some residual brain damage, because you keep tying knots around your arm.

Alan is shocked and appalled!

That dancing sucked! He'd clearly have to show Rover how it was done.

Summon a stereo loaded up with this song - or something similar, so long as it's extremely retro - and crank it up to full blast. Then walk up to Rover and hand his ass to him on a platter.

By dancing extremely well at him. Or knowing Alan, extremely badly. Either way.

If my stereo/whatever thingy (even a gramophone would work) summoning fails, just do the danceoff without music. Sing instead.

((If anyone wants to do some drastic actions, I have a feeling this is gonna take up his attention.))
Alan uses "Hey, hey, guess who I am!" to dissolve tension.
It's not very effective...
Zechariah instinctively went for his staff, finding nothing. Instead, he was about to put up his hands in a ready position when he caught himself. He quickly thought the situation over in his head.

I can't escalate this. We can't keep fighting each other.

He struggled to keep his voice calm and collected. His hands were at his sides, though he was fighting to keep his hands from tensing up. He was on-edge.

"River, I ask this not from any sort of superior stance, but an inferior one. I ask from pure sincerity." Still, he fought his fear.
"Do you think that this is what Theri would want to see? Does this serve a purpose to help all of us? Irine didn't mean to anger you. She wanted to help. She wanted to be friendly to you. Are you going to throw away the confidence we put into you for this?

Zechariah blinked.
"Please. Let. Her. Go."
Your words cause him to pause his retreat, his expression changing from anger to shock and confusion as he focuses on you and Theri.
"I... maybe I..."

I growl and force my will through the pain.
"no. N-No. No! NO! NO NO NO NO NO!"
I will River's presence out of me. I am ME. I will not let him consume me. I reinforce myself and my identity with my will, assuming that he is shoving himself on to me similarly to how I forced my will upon the old mage. I remind myself of why I am here, and all that I have lost, and why I cannot afford to lose. This isn't going to be like back at the tower where I let him in. This time, I have to fight.
If I manage to free myself from River's will, then I shift to full-fox form, weather or not he's let go of me physically. I do not do it if he's still forcing his will on me though.
Zecharia's words seem to stop or at least weaken whatever attack he was using on you, giving you the opportunity to break free and start changing forms.

He makes pained noises and turns his face away from you but he does not let go of you as you transform, even as his arms and most of the front of his body is burnt along with part of his armour.
"Yourhgh will not escape! You will-"
He is bleeding moderately.

On the other hand, he doesn't take this opportunity to crush you in those few seconds that you're vulnerable, instead merely readjusting his grip so that he ends up holding (almost strangling) your neck with one hand, while removing the burning shirt that surrounds you and his arm with the other. So at least things didn't go as bad as they could.

He brings you close to his chest as he turns around, getting you partially covered in blood and filling your nose with the smell of burnt flesh and fur. The rapid spin does not help with your shapeshifting sickness.

Nik looks at the rest of the group.
"Well, what do you think? River's seriously pissing me off."

"Mutilating our fine foxy friend's no good, I would agree. And if this were a democracy, our wolfish warlord would find himself supremely outvoted on that issue. He doesn't think this is a democracy, however, previous platitudes aside, and I tend to agree - more of a rule by strength. So I'm going to stand behind him on this one if you catch my meaning," says Ike in a vague manner.

Stand behind River on this one. Literally, not figuratively.

If River seems like he's about to endanger Alan or piss off entirely with Irine, it might be time to spring into action, probably in the form of distracting River with a playful poke in the ol' C1 with a sharp blade.

And if he starts something against Nik or me, or goes into a proper magical duel with Irine, the poke would become more of a drive and a twist. Superior reflexes, eh?

Seeing Irine using her magic on River, you assume it's time to make Brutus proud and give River a good shanking on the back.

Despite being distracted and partially covered by fire, River seems to notice you (whether by sound or by his peripheral vision, you cannot say) in the last moment as you slash down from behind. He tries to turn around and you miss by a few inches, instead hitting his shoulder, your sword ineffectually bouncing off the metal armour. He follows up with a quick blind slash of his fire-covered hand that you barely manage to avoid. The burning shirt flies out of his hand, hitting the stone wall.

He looks at you for a split second, his ears lowering. But a moment later, his eyes focus on something behind you and he tenses up again.

OOC
(Maybe the next mission should be a rescue mission to bring back River and his group.  It doesn't look like they're gonna be going anywhere for awhile  :P)
Looks like your prophesy went horribly right.
Second part at least.
If they fail, they probably all die permanently (unless they fail in a very particular way), so not much chance of a rescue mission.

((Also, whoever updates the TVTropes page, you a baller.))
I assume this is a praise, so I will add to it.
Well done to those that take the time to update TVTropes. Thank you for your time and effort.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:28:27 am by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: August 19, 2015, 10:32:46 am »

"So this is how it is? Surrender now or die fucker!"

We're in a bar. Gotta do this bar fight style. If River doesn't immediately surrender smash a giant tsar chair over his head.

Tsar my shield and block if I'm going to be hit with any attacks I can't dodge.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:48:38 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: August 19, 2015, 10:53:54 am »

<Team A, Svajoklis>
Use gun on the known creep that is conveniently trapped. In case it turns out to be immune to bullets(I hit for 0 damage), go to the room at the end of the coridoor.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: August 19, 2015, 11:00:26 am »

innate telepathy to all in range:<River stop trying to eat me! You aren't acting like yourself! Stop hurting me!>
I seize the flames on River and intensify them, burning him until I can get free.

As soon as I can, I scramble away from him, but I also remove my flames from him if I do escape his grasp, instead forming a wall of fire across the floor between us.
<River! Please! Stop attacking me! Please!>

EDIT: rewrote action below, leaving original struck through for posterity.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:05:23 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: August 19, 2015, 11:06:24 am »

Crack my knuckles, roll my shoulders, and crack my neck. Time to go out and show all those people who's the boss around here.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: August 19, 2015, 11:07:59 am »

Interesting.

Repeat same test, except this time summoning something simple; a shotgun shell.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: August 19, 2015, 11:52:48 am »

OOC
(Maybe the next mission should be a rescue mission to bring back River and his group.  It doesn't look like they're gonna be going anywhere for awhile  :P)
Second part at least.
If they fail, they probably all die permanently (unless they fail in a very particular way), so not much chance of a rescue mission.
(What if they accidentally kill River?  That would reduce River back to an orb, and the team would be stuck in that fantasy world.  What would happen then?)

Staging Area

You let the stream carry you past the waterwheel and towards the bridge. There is a man standing on its railing, holding a fishing rod over the water. His skin is tanned from being exposed to the sun, his hair are long and dark, his face obscured by facial hair, his clothes simple. There's a crow standing next to him, pecking on a fish.

"Want me to fish you out?" he follows up with a smile as he moves his rod towards you.

George excitedly thought to himself: An actual human being!  Maybe he can tell me what's really going on.  I better ask quickly, otherwise he'll probably just spontaneously explode or something, knowing my luck.

"Yes! PLEASE!"

If I am successfully rescued out of the water, make my best attempt at a smile (George is out of practice), and say:

"Ah, thanks!  I'm glad I'm not the only human being here.  Say, would you be able to tell me anything about where I am and what's going on?  The voice in my head gave me a vague idea, but I still don't know.  I think aliens are involved, but I can't be sure of anything anymore." 
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: August 19, 2015, 01:34:35 pm »

"Oh, are we being violent now? I can do that."

Alan begins waving his hands around erratically, eventually pushing them both out in front of him, middle fingers extended.

"ALAN NO JUTSU! Excessively Large Dishwasher Greeting!"

Alan's never watched Naruto, but he's heard of it a little.

I believe it's time for Mr. Unnaturally Large Dishwasher to make an introduction to River's face.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:15:39 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: August 19, 2015, 02:38:30 pm »

Beat the thumping sound to a pulp! Or if I can't do that, go through the crack in the wall and beat up everything there into a pulp.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: August 19, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »

"Dude, you're acting kinda crazy. I hope you don't take this too personally."

Dodge sideways, go on the defensive for the moment.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:52:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4694 on: August 19, 2015, 03:54:23 pm »

Staging Area

Interesting.

Repeat same test, except this time summoning something simple; a shotgun shell.
With +1 PWR:
Well, shotgun shells are so easy you start to get bored after a couple of them and start doing things harder to challenge yourself. Summoning a round inside a shotgun, forcing the parts inside a shotgun's spring, summoning a smaller round inside a larger round... In the end, you end up creating some sort of shotgunbot that moves around by repeated shotgun blasts.

Chasing it around the mansion for a couple of minutes sure is fun, until it gets out of the mansion through an open window and starts running shotguniing away. You finally bring it down by making a tube-shape with your hand and detonating a shotgun shell inside it, launching pellets at the robot's processor, thus shutting it down. Hehe, invincibility allows for some creative solutions to certain problems.

Anyway, you can make them quite quickly and easily, especially if you get one to copy.

With +1 speed, you can summon them pretty much immediately. Takes less than a second. With one to copy, you could theoretically feed an automatic shotgun with a just-in-time assembled ammo belt, thus ridding you of the need to carry ammo. In fact, you do just that, summoning a few rows of terracotta warriors in the plaza to taste your might as you dodge between them, imagining you're in bullet time.

Crack my knuckles, roll my shoulders, and crack my neck. Time to go out and show all those people who's the boss around here.
You walk out of the surprisingly empty inn to find John has gone crazy and is taking out his craziness on some clay statues with a shotgun, dodging between them as if they are real people.

OOC
Second part at least.
(What if they accidentally kill River?  That would reduce River back to an orb, and the team would be stuck in that fantasy world.  What would happen then?)

Staging Area

You let the stream carry you past the waterwheel and towards the bridge. There is a man standing on its railing, holding a fishing rod over the water. His skin is tanned from being exposed to the sun, his hair are long and dark, his face obscured by facial hair, his clothes simple. There's a crow standing next to him, pecking on a fish.

George excitedly thought to himself: An actual human being!  Maybe he can tell me what's really going on.  I better ask quickly, otherwise he'll probably just spontaneously explode or something, knowing my luck.

"Yes! PLEASE!"

If I am successfully rescued out of the water, make my best attempt at a smile (George is out of practice), and say:

"Ah, thanks!  I'm glad I'm not the only human being here.  Say, would you be able to tell me anything about where I am and what's going on?  The voice in my head gave me a vague idea, but I still don't know.  I think aliens are involved, but I can't be sure of anything anymore." 
((Your question is the answer. If you need to know more, then you already know what you need.
Man, I shouldn't had started reading the Unix Koans.))

You grab the man's rod and he uses it to pull you up towards the bridge.

"Nah, don't mention it." the man says as he pulls you over the railing and onto the bridge.
"Besides, if you stayed in there, you'd have scared all my fish away!" he adds jokingly as he wipes the water on his shirt.

"As for aliens... Yes, I suppose one could call them that."
"Aliens?!" the crow caws in surprise, grabs the fish with its legs  and gets ready to fly while quickly looking around.
"Are they here to take our fish?" it adds.
"Hehe, no, I think not. Our women, probably." the man continues to joke.
"Anyway, you can follow me to town if you want. We can get you a room and you can meet the others. I'll explain on the way."

Coolrune, Hawk, Toaster, Salsacookies
Sorry I've been delaying, got some technical issues.
Do you have the upgrade tree links I sent you? If yes, this is the payout:
3rd place: Salsacookies & Toaster: 1 Upgrade Point each
2nd place: Rune: 2 upgrade points
1st place: Hawk: 2 upgrade points + the choice for a special reward. Need to get around to writing about that.

Can't access my Dropbox for some reason and I don't have access to the PC those files are stored. Need to search for my PMs or get around to fixing that problem to find those links.

If you can't find/are too bored to find your links, tell me and I'll find them and send you a PM.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 521